View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    By The way, I am told that xbbm works on ipad wifi and ipad mini wifi too. one has to select iphone apps when searching bbm.
    11-07-13 04:03 PM
    I swear I find it funny that the market can value Twitter at 25 Billion, a company that pretty much just has a bunch of servers sitting in a room for a website service. No physical product what so ever....

A little over 8 times what they value a company that can produce a physical product, protect entire nation's data with their network, and even has a similar abit smaller social media network. SERIOUSLY?!?

I cant be the only person that sees the obvious flaw in this right? Even if BBRY is truly worth 3Billion, there is no freakin way that Twitter even FREAKIN Groupon is worth double than what BBRY is worth.

Selling all my other tech shares, going 100% into BBRY. Looking forward to an early retirement
    Not to mention, it has not been profitable. It has a market cap. of $24 billion, and sp at $44. This is just aggravating. Seriously? And BBRY cannot even trade at book value.

"In its first public financial statement, Twitter said it lost $79.4 million on about $317 million in sales in 2012.

The company is on track for an even steeper loss in 2013. It already has racked up $69 million in losses during the first six months of this year. But sales are also rapidly increasing: Twitter recorded $254 million in revenue during the same period.
    Twitter, which was founded in 2006, has not recorded a profit for at least the past three years -- the time period for which the company was required to disclose its financial information. Losses came in at $67 million in 2010 and $164 million in 2011."

Source: Twitter not yet profitable - Oct. 3, 2013
    11-07-13 04:14 PM
    Okay, guys.

What are your opinions on these companies? They rallied as far as I know (I know this because they were in the top 5 in the green on the NASDAQ site) What intrigued me was how cheap they were and the NASDAQ expected price in 1 year, they're also a recommended buy on the NASDAQ too.

Cytori Therapeutics Inc
    Clovis Oncology, Inc (This one, once upon a time, was around $26 last time I remembered, f******* thing just skyrocketed!

Cheers, guys.

edit: pasted the same link twice, sorted it now.
    Last edited by Bilaal; 11-07-13 at 04:34 PM.
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-07-13 04:15 PM
    Cytori ... Clovis
    Just don't try saying those words five times fast together. This is a family site...
    11-07-13 04:52 PM
    Just don't try saying those words five times fast together. This is a family site...
    Practice your French :
    1. Risk-free : "pannier - piano" (basket - piano)
    2. Risky :" L'abeille coule" (the bee dives)

11-07-13 05:28 PM
    Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd.�s $1-billion (U.S.) financing for BlackBerry Ltd. also includes Mackenzie Financial Corp., Brookfield Asset Management Inc., Markel Financial, Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. and Qatar Holding LLC, a document filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission shows.

Fairfax reveals partners in BlackBerry financing - The Globe and Mail
    So at the time filing, total of 1.2 billion debt has been sold. Who is going to take the remaining 50 mil.?
    11-07-13 05:37 PM
    So at the time filing, total of 1.2 billion debt has been sold. Who is going to take the remaining 50 mil.?
    Wasn't the added 250 million just an option?
    11-07-13 05:42 PM
    Wasn't the added 250 million just an option?
    In one report Qatari sovereign fund investing in BlackBerry debt offering, Financial Post says - Yahoo Finance
    BlackBerry has negotiated a lifeline from the Qatar’s sovereign wealth fund, reports the Financial Post. Qatar Holding LLC, a foreign arm of the Qatar Investment Authority, will buy about $200M of an offering of convertible debentures announced by BlackBerry earlier this week. In total, the smartphone maker is planning to raise about $1B from the offering, with Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd., BlackBerry’s largest shareholder, signing up for $250M of the securities.

100 mil or 200 mil for Qatar?
    11-07-13 05:54 PM
    Yes, but good luck finding a CEO who would agree to this.
    Buffett salary is $100k

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-07-13 05:57 PM
    Maybe both?

The deal filed with the SEC says it is 100 MM from the 1 BIL. But, FF retains the right to purchase and sell themselves 250 MM. So Qatar might buy more. I do not think it makes any differences how much exactly.

In one report Qatari sovereign fund investing in BlackBerry debt offering, Financial Post says - Yahoo Finance
    BlackBerry has negotiated a lifeline from the Qatar’s sovereign wealth fund, reports the Financial Post. Qatar Holding LLC, a foreign arm of the Qatar Investment Authority, will buy about $200M of an offering of convertible debentures announced by BlackBerry earlier this week. In total, the smartphone maker is planning to raise about $1B from the offering, with Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd., BlackBerry’s largest shareholder, signing up for $250M of the securities.

100 mil or 200 mil for Qatar?
    11-07-13 06:09 PM
    Buffett salary is $100k
    When I wrote "good luck finding a CEO who would agree to this," I was replying to another poster who proposed that the CEO be compensated with BBRY stocks and $1.

Chen would not be such a fool, much less Warren Buffett,
    11-07-13 06:09 PM
    Sry, might be an error.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-07-13 at 06:54 PM.
    11-07-13 06:34 PM
    No issues on the west coast of Canada Antoine!

Posted from my gorgeous Z30
    11-07-13 06:42 PM
    No issues on the west coast of Canada Antoine!

Posted from my gorgeous Z30
    Lol I know, not with France anyhow !

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:53 PM
    11-07-13 07:16 PM
    http://www.cantechletter.com/2013/11...john-chen1107/

Gun powder ?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    11-07-13 07:33 PM
    I'd be really curious on how much they value television and radio listeners then. If these numbers are valued higher than persons that watch or listen to an advertisement on the radio/TV then you know something is wrong.
    Why is that. A radio or TV viewer can't be clicking on and buying your product and service in the next minute or forwarding your info to 1, 100 or 1000 people in the click of the mouse. You just aren't thinking about home commerce actually works in the modern era.
    11-07-13 08:15 PM
    Not sure if some of you guys have been lurking other threads lately bit there has been some interesting discussion going on.

Basically the next update might enable Google play store to be on a BlackBerry 10 devices.

Like always, it is a rumour so treat as such.

Link below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=870951

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 09:19 PM
    It's not really foolish to take $1 in pay. Look at all these CEO's in the $1 club! Don't feel bad for them either. They still make plenty through other other compensation. If anything it gives them incentive to create value for share holders.

Mark Zuckerberg And Other CEOs Making $1 Per Year
    11-07-13 10:20 PM
    In this article, the highlighted words are the ones I like the most,

Instead he chose the route of raising convertible debt at 6 per cent, which he says is “a nominal interest rate as opposed to leveraged buyout debt, with no covenants, convertible at $10, a significant premium.”

With no covenants attached, the bond has zero protection. The bond holder can do nothing before the mature day (7 years) as long as BB is able to pay the 6% interest annually.

Am I correct?
    11-07-13 10:37 PM
    and from the article from the globe and mail I really like the quote below:

Mr. Watsa says it was “very difficult” to raise money for BlackBerry, and that the investors in this group were ones that Fairfax approached because it knew them and knew they would take a long-term perspective. “No hedge funds there,” he says.

“When there’s fear it’s difficult to raise money,” Mr. Watsa says. “The marketplace is driven by greed and fear. Greed you can see in Twitter and fear you can see in BlackBerry.”

Shares of Twitter soared after the company debuted on the New York Stock Exchange Thursday, sending the company’s market cap above $25-billion.

“It’s the new titan, they say,” Mr. Watsa says, noting that Twitter had $450-million in revenue in the past nine months and lost $135-million.

BlackBerry’s market cap stands at around $3.5-billion. “They have $2.5-billion in cash, they’ve got $8-billion in revenue,” he says. “It’s only in the stock market that anyone could have that kind of discrepancy.”
    11-07-13 10:49 PM
    ^

Excellent quotes.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 11:42 PM
    and from the article from the globe and mail I really like the quote below:

Mr. Watsa says it was “very difficult” to raise money for BlackBerry, and that the investors in this group were ones that Fairfax approached because it knew them and knew they would take a long-term perspective. “No hedge funds there,” he says.

“When there’s fear it’s difficult to raise money,” Mr. Watsa says. “The marketplace is driven by greed and fear. Greed you can see in Twitter and fear you can see in BlackBerry.”

Shares of Twitter soared after the company debuted on the New York Stock Exchange Thursday, sending the company’s market cap above $25-billion.

“It’s the new titan, they say,” Mr. Watsa says, noting that Twitter had $450-million in revenue in the past nine months and lost $135-million.

BlackBerry’s market cap stands at around $3.5-billion. “They have $2.5-billion in cash, they’ve got $8-billion in revenue,” he says. “It’s only in the stock market that anyone could have that kind of discrepancy.”
    Now if only I knew this beforehand... Seriously wack.
    11-08-13 01:25 AM

“When there’s fear it’s difficult to raise money,” Mr. Watsa says. “The marketplace is driven by greed and fear. Greed you can see in Twitter and fear you can see in BlackBerry.”[/U]
    So does this confirm, contrary to some statements here, that Watsa was unable to raise $4.7 billion. And of course if he could not Mike will not be able to either.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-08-13 01:38 AM
    *rub eyes*.... what the!?.... I've been sleeping for 3 months... what happened?....

Posted via CB10
    Randeman and fedakd like this.
    11-08-13 02:00 AM
113,256 ... 21802181218221832184 ...