View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I bought my first 20 shares this week. Not much but it's a start! Viva Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    H�h�, I knew you'll find the place, give a warm welcome, gang !
    => Warm welcome
    Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    11-07-13 02:13 PM
    I'm in a hurry. But each hour after the other, I feel more optimistic. Don't ask why, I'm not sure.
    I just can feel ...

Obviously some are so optimistic, they even suggest we could see a PlayBook2 in a while !
    Rumors already starting to fly about BlackBerry PlayBook 2 | CrackBerry.com

Nite gang !
    11-07-13 02:16 PM
    To be taken with a grain of salt...

A Twitter User Is Worth $110; Facebook's $98; LinkedIn's $93 - Forbes

If so, what would the prospects be for x-BBM, with its 60 to 80 M users? Given the present context and the way the market perceives BBRY, one could only dream of such numbers, unfortunately... I wonder what the new management has in store for x-BBM.
    11-07-13 02:37 PM
    I swear I find it funny that the market can value Twitter at 25 Billion, a company that pretty much just has a bunch of servers sitting in a room for a website service. No physical product what so ever....

A little over 8 times what they value a company that can produce a physical product, protect entire nation's data with their network, and even has a similar abit smaller social media network. SERIOUSLY?!?

I cant be the only person that sees the obvious flaw in this right? Even if BBRY is truly worth 3Billion, there is no freakin way that Twitter even FREAKIN Groupon is worth double than what BBRY is worth.

Selling all my other tech shares, going 100% into BBRY. Looking forward to an early retirement
    11-07-13 02:52 PM
    I cant be the only person that sees the obvious flaw in this right? Even if BBRY is truly worth 3Billion, there is no freakin way that Twitter even FREAKIN Groupon is worth double than what BBRY is worth.
    I don't think it's any stranger than the difference between what you're worth (I'll assume you're employed productively) and what a professional baseball player is paid.

Social media is "The Thing" right now, and if BBM-x succeeds, it alone could save the BBRY stock price over the next year.

It may not make any sense, but I don't recall who it was who said "the market always makes sense."

No wait, I remember now: nobody.
    11-07-13 02:56 PM
    Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd.�s $1-billion (U.S.) financing for BlackBerry Ltd. also includes Mackenzie Financial Corp., Brookfield Asset Management Inc., Markel Financial, Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. and Qatar Holding LLC, a document filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission shows.

Fairfax reveals partners in BlackBerry financing - The Globe and Mail
    11-07-13 02:57 PM
    Twitter has the Firehose too. Just by rummaging through it, you could have saved yourself from the 20% drop on Monday... Seems like my info re the 45 close will hold today...

If so, what would the prospects be for x-BBM, with its 60 to 80 M users? Given the present context and the way the market perceives BBRY, one could only dream of such numbers, unfortunately... I wonder what the new management has in store for x-BBM.
    11-07-13 02:57 PM
    No physical product what so ever....A little over 8 times what they value a company that can produce a physical product,
    Designing, producing, distributing, and marketing a physical product simply proves that you can spend absolutely huge amounts of money. Selling that product at a profit creates value.
    techvisor and randall2580 like this.
    11-07-13 03:03 PM
    To average down or not to average down that is the question , Debating on whether or not to drop another 5g down to bring my average to $10
    rarsen likes this.
    11-07-13 03:07 PM
    Twitter has the Firehose too. Just by rummaging through it, you could have saved yourself from the 20% drop on Monday... Seems like my info re the 45 close will hold today...
    I'd be really curious on how much they value television and radio listeners then. If these numbers are valued higher than persons that watch or listen to an advertisement on the radio/TV then you know something is wrong.
    11-07-13 03:09 PM

sorry this link
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-07-13 03:09 PM
    Deal details are here EX-3

Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd.’s $1-billion (U.S.) financing for BlackBerry Ltd. also includes Mackenzie Financial Corp., Brookfield Asset Management Inc., Markel Financial, Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. and Qatar Holding LLC, a document filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission shows.

Fairfax reveals partners in BlackBerry financing - The Globe and Mail
    11-07-13 03:10 PM
    11-07-13 03:14 PM
    Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited
    $250,000,000

Mackenzie Financial Corporation
    $ 200,000,000

Canso Investment Counsel Ltd.
    $ 300,000,000

Markel Corporation
    $ 100,000,000

Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
    $ 50,000,000

Qatar Holding LLC
    $ 100,000,000
    11-07-13 03:18 PM
    I think we are in a tech bubble and some floated valuations (e.g. Snapchat 4 BIL?!) are symptoms, and maybe twitter's valuation too, but there is much more to twitter than advertising which currently is valued in NA and is more valuable to businesses than what BBRY has at the moment: Governments' secure communications network, ability to produce phones only a couple of million people will buy, or people (majority of whom are probably in "so called third world") BBMing secure private messages.
    It is the ubiquity, it is the instantenious feedback, it is the interconnectedness, it is the trend setting, it is the closest you get to seeing the birth of a future trend. As I said, a Canadian editor broke the news BBRY deal fell through on twitter before any other channel. What other service helps you get that?

I'd be really curious on how much they value television and radio listeners then. If these numbers are valued higher than persons that watch or listen to an advertisement on the radio/TV then you know something is wrong.
    morganplus8, sidhuk, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    11-07-13 03:22 PM
    Another break fee:
    6. Break Fee

(1) If prior to the Closing, BlackBerry enters into a binding written agreement providing for a transaction that if completed would constitute a Change of Control, each Purchaser has the right to terminate its obligations under this Agreement, provided that it provides notice prior to Closing to BlackBerry and the other Purchasers of such decision. In such case, if the Purchasers are not prepared as a group to purchase all but not less than all of the Initial Debentures offered on the terms hereof as contemplated in Section 6(2), the Purchasers shall so notify BlackBerry and upon delivery of such notice this Agreement shall terminate. BlackBerry covenants and agrees that it will pay to the Purchasers a fee equal to an aggregate of U.S.$250 million within one Business Day of the termination of this Agreement as provided in this Section 6(1), such fee to be paid to Fairfax on behalf of all Purchasers, to be divided amongst the Purchasers as they will determine.

(2) If prior to the Closing, BlackBerry enters into a binding written agreement providing for a transaction that if completed would constitute a Change of Control, and this Agreement has not been terminated pursuant to Section 6(1) and the Purchasers are prepared as a group (along with any other purchaser or purchasers that are willing to enter into this Agreement and become a Purchaser hereunder and who are approved by the remaining Purchasers) to purchase all but not less than all of the Initial Debentures offered on the terms hereof, the remaining and new, if any, Purchasers will have the right to purchase the Initial Debentures on the terms hereof and Schedule A will be amended accordingly. In such case, BlackBerry covenants and agrees that it will pay to the Purchasers who purchase the Debentures at Closing a fee equal to an aggregate of U.S.$135 million, within one Business Day following the Closing, such fee to be paid to Fairfax on behalf of all Purchasers, to be divided amongst the Purchasers as they will determine.

(3) If at any time following the Closing but no later than the 30th day following the Closing, BlackBerry enters into a binding written agreement providing for a transaction that if completed would constitute a Change of Control, BlackBerry covenants and agrees that it will pay to the Purchasers who purchased the Debentures a fee equal to an aggregate of U.S.$135 million, within one Business Day of entering into such agreement, such fee to be paid to Fairfax on behalf of all Purchasers, to be divided amongst such Purchasers as they will determine.

(4) In no event shall the Purchasers be entitled to receive a fee under more than one clause under this Section 6.
    rarsen, peter9477, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    11-07-13 03:27 PM
    Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd.�s $1-billion (U.S.) financing for BlackBerry Ltd. also includes Mackenzie Financial Corp., Brookfield Asset Management Inc., Markel Corp., Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. and Qatar Holding LLC, a document filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission shows.
    sidhuk, rarsen and fedakd like this.
    11-07-13 03:30 PM
    You are correct, in this case, there are many investors who own the stock already, and want to understand the possibilities for it today. It always pays to keep an eye on the stock. Countless times we see a bullish stock open down 30 - 50% and rock the investment. Think of FB, you would have lost a ton on that one, (like Mark Cuban found out), only to find that the stock needed some time to drive to new 52 week highs. This happens all the time.

For example, if you sat on your hands when the DOW dropped to 6600 pts. a few years ago, you would have missed one of the best buying ops in the recent century. The charts on every stock were terrible and you should have been buying night and day.
    In the case of the Dow at 6600, and not only the Dow, all the stock indexes of the world with huge losses, it made more sense at that time to buy everything you could, for some reasons.
    The FB chart is a good example because it showed some bullish signs before the big jump in July. Those bullish signs increased the probability of success of the trade.
    In the case of BBRY, I would first wait to see if It respect the support at $6.5, because if It break down that support you have free fall without any support downwards and that is a lot of risk! I've been in that position a couple of times and it was painful.
    Then it would be nice a double bottom or other bottom pattern, and the stock price should cross that top blue line you drew and the MA.

There are also countless cases of stocks that looked so cheap after and big fall but then they just fell even more. I don't believe in paper losses, traders should move the money where there is a better probability of success. If you have good reasons to keep BBRY then that's ok, but if the reason is to keep losses on paper, that's irrational. Right now I see a big risk in that chart, but I'm just a learning TA.

(Sorry my English).
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-07-13 03:32 PM
    One has to use BBM channels to know that bbm channels have lot more control than in twitter. all my xbbm contacts use bbm at least once or twice a day. my son's all 40 plus contact use bbm as their primary communication medium.
    11-07-13 03:37 PM
    Sounds high, but actually $1M in salary, $2M in performance bonuses, and the rest as stock that vests over five years.

As a shareholder, I think that sounds pretty reasonable, and should motivate him to succeed.
    11-07-13 03:38 PM
    Why can't the CEO be compensated with stocks, and $1 salary? Wouldn't that give a better impression for a better image?
    Korepab likes this.
    11-07-13 03:42 PM
    didnt mike and jim opt for a $1 salary at one point, dont think it did much

Isn't Mackenzie Financials one of the largest investment firm in Canada? I would think this is a good sign
    11-07-13 03:50 PM
    Little off topic again but WOW.. What did Oxygen do to drop from 12 yesterday to $5 today? Was this just a market correction?
    11-07-13 03:51 PM
    Why can't the CEO be compensated with stocks, and $1 salary? Wouldn't that give a better impression for a better image?
    Gotta buy the groceries ya know. LoL
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-07-13 03:53 PM
    Yes, but good luck finding a CEO who would agree to this.
    11-07-13 03:54 PM
113,256 ... 21792180218121822183 ...