View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    All true, Morgan...

I find it strange the board will roadblock a bid from Mike L's group, however loose it was or was not (the part in the repotring the group were frustrated BBRY was not forthcoming on info re government contracts, etc.) since it is a founder, not some random consortium which is more likely to be just tire-kickers...

However, I think Qualcomm can wait to see it play out, rather than go all out with a bid -- if Chen sells HW, they can play, if Chen does not, chances are Qualcomm can benefit since they sell products to BBRY... Mike L might be in same position... if things go well, his money goes up (albeit he is without control), if things go not so well, they may be at square on again...

I think only Lenovo was in a position that it needed to act re pressure for an acquisition...
    I totally agree with you, that's why I'm waiting on Mikey, if he approves of the deal great. He wouldn't approve of this dilutive deal unless he understood why he won't care soon. Or, he buys a part of the bonds to keep his ratio of ownership in the company, either way, I'm happy.

EDIT: It's important what he does as I might increase my ownership by 20% too. Needed to say why I care about Mikey so much! Ha!
    11-07-13 09:54 AM
    look at twitter go! up 92% already...wow
    11-07-13 10:01 AM
    I totally agree with you, that's why I'm waiting on Mikey, if he approves of the deal great. He wouldn't approve of this dilutive deal unless he understood why he won't care soon. Or, he buys a part of the bonds to keep his ratio of ownership in the company, either way, I'm happy.

EDIT: It's important what he does as I might increase my ownership by 20% too. Needed to say why I care about Mikey so much! Ha!
    If we put the canadian community business hat at that level where both sides not starving for the "money" and have a working relationship then it is more than likely that Mikey is aware of this next move by blackberry and prem and is ok with it.
    But then again, anything is possible with this company. Nothing surprises me.
    11-07-13 10:02 AM
    OT: Hey morgan what do you expect from HALO earnings tmr? they still havnt released any information from the CHMP would they tie that in with the earnings call?
    jmehta22 likes this.
    11-07-13 10:04 AM
    On a 3 lane road, middle lane has more traffic unless otherwise there is an important turning lane. It never made sense to me why? Why not use the top lane which has 3 cars verses the middle lane 10. May be thats why we are "stuck" in BB. LoL
    I always drive on the left lane..LOL

P.S. but I must have gotten more than 100 tickets on the 401 alone (license suspended twice). The nice thing was that as soon as I crossed the boarder to live in the US, my record is pristine (the highest rating possible because I have been a driver since 16 and none of the bad record got transferred over). Got a 5 warnings this year. My son said that "dad, that must the world record of warnings with no tickets". Not sure why I am so lucky down here, but usually after checking out my driver's license in their cruiser, the Police would hand it back to me and said "are you on your way back to the University?" or "drive safe doc!"
    11-07-13 10:10 AM
    TWTR 46 a share now.....
    11-07-13 10:11 AM
    It won't be Mike L!! Where is that guy? He isn't saying anything, hummmnnnnn????

So they plan all along to take on Chen, then they travel to software land and FaceBook, then they come home and close the sale process immediately ..... ???

I think they might have gotten some good ideas from the sale and realized they can take the company in a different direction. Now I'm waiting to hear they have tentatively sold over a billion in real estate.
    Oh, maybe they realized that $500mil was in fact $1Bil ... that's butter in spinach, to say the least !
    => BlackBerry could wind up with over $4 billion in cash | CrackBerry.com
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    11-07-13 10:15 AM
    hey Morgan, what's the reason for the big drop in halo today? is this a buying opportunity?
    11-07-13 10:16 AM
    I always drive on the left lane..LOL

(license suspended twice). ?" or "drive safe doc!"
    Driving between calgary and edmonton almost daily, during the realestate boom in last decade made me buy a radar detector and from that day on i havnt had a single ticket. The best $600 i ever spent.
    11-07-13 10:21 AM
    OT: Hey morgan what do you expect from HALO earnings tmr? they still havnt released any information from the CHMP would they tie that in with the earnings call?
    I don't care about earnings etc., I want to know about their progress re: the pipeline and any timeline improvements. I don't think they can discuss CHMP directly, that will come out by others. There is always that nervousness that comes out prior to Q reports. I'm in it until at least mid-2014 so I don't care too much here, I just don't want any negative surprises. I think we are seeing a negative trend in all biotechs right now, I expect this to reverse by mid-December once the Funds have cleared their books.
    leafs123 and Randeman like this.
    11-07-13 10:22 AM
    Oh, maybe they realized that $500mil was in fact $1Bil ... that's butter in spinach, to say the least !
    => BlackBerry could wind up with over $4 billion in cash | CrackBerry.com
    It could have been as simple as the deal falling through with Lenovo, as if Lenovo needed to do the biggest acquisition of their lives anyway. When the Canadian government turned down the complete deal BB could have said, ,"we'll get you what you really want/need, be patient".

It wouldn't surprise me if they closed the boardroom door, looked at what everyone wanted, figured out how to leverage those assets and came up with a way to get BBRY to $ 20.00 the old fashion way.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-07-13 10:26 AM
    Driving between calgary and edmonton almost daily, during the realestate boom in last decade made me buy a radar detector and from that day on i havnt had a single ticket. The best $600 i ever spent.
    I think that I have never mentioned here before that I am a car guy (love cracking the engine open, even had my own paint booth). I incorporated a radar detector into the dash. Smoothed the temperature control display panel so that the radar LEDs show through only when it is on (cigarette lighter as the switch to turn it on). One time the police asked "where is your radar detector?". "I don't have one sir!". He searched the car but never found it

Edit: I do not endorse this kind of behavior. I was a naive kid at the time. LOL
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 11-07-13 at 10:47 AM.
    11-07-13 10:30 AM
    hey Morgan, what's the reason for the big drop in halo today? is this a buying opportunity?
    I hate to tell people what to do with their own money. The Q reports are times when everyone is watching the stock. The volumes are good and funds can sell into strength. Nothing has changed with the company, plenty have huge profits here, for me, I own all that I want right now and will wait for the Q report tomorrow. So far, the volume tells me there is nothing more than funds taking advantage of the higher attention leading into the Q report. You have to decide if the investment is good for you based on what news is available to everyone today. My personal reason for investing in this stock is the business model, it is a killer way to exploit the market. GL
    11-07-13 10:31 AM
    I think that I have never mentioned here before that I am a car guy (love cracking the engine open, even had my own paint booth). I incorporated a radar detector into the dash. Smoothed the temperature control display panel so that the radar LEDs show through only when it is on (cigarette lighter as the switch to turn it on). One time the police asked "where is your radar detector?". "I don't have one sir!". He searched the car but never found it
    Your way is the way to go. I was taking about 100 -150 flights a year. Anything east of Sk does not allow radar detectors. So lot easier to travle with portable one. Now that i dont travle much and looking for a permanent solution like you have. But i am a two years maximum lease on a brand new vehicle kind of person. It doesnt make sense to manipulate some one else's vehicle. Having said all of that, may blackberry bulls have lots in common. Lol
    plasmid_boy, bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    11-07-13 10:54 AM
    Twitter is a dominant first place in an immature market while Blackberry is pretty much in last place in a more mature market.
    techvisor and leafs123 like this.
    11-07-13 11:02 AM
    Hi Morgan & JLogan,

I think we can use some TA while awaiting for news, what are your thoughts,

I always appreciate you guys analyzes and comments, and appreciate this thread.
    thanks
    11-07-13 11:06 AM
    Your way is the way to go. I was taking about 100 -150 flights a year. Anything east of Sk does not allow radar detectors. So lot easier to travle with portable one. Now that i dont travle much and looking for a permanent solution like you have. But i am a two years maximum lease on a brand new vehicle kind of person. It doesnt make sense to manipulate some one else's vehicle. Having said all of that, may blackberry bulls have lots in common. Lol
    After much thought it came to me. . . . . . . . . We like red? LoL
    11-07-13 11:18 AM
    Hi Soumaila:

Here is my interpretation with key items:
    • - On the daily chart, the sp is oversold. We have a divergence between sp, and stoch RSI; started when the sp recovered from June ER drop to $12. The sp goes down, and stoch RSI climbs up. This is bullish usually. you can also see that
      - In a shorter term as shown with the 30 minute, we have the same type of divergence. However, we also have a pennant. in general, BBRY has been in a downtrend since its fall below $10 range. So this pennant could be a sign of continuing downtrend.
      - My take is that the daily chart will prevail with a target around $8 to cross MA20.
      - I just read that Kahn brothers bought $3 million of BBRY. Maybe they are looking for a quick trade, when the sp starts to spike up.

What are your thoughts, Morgan?

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb30m.png

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb1d.png
    11-07-13 11:59 AM
    Hi Soumaila:

Here is my interpretation with key items:
    • - On the daily chart, the sp is oversold. We have a divergence between sp, and stoch RSI; started when the sp recovered from June ER drop to $12. The sp goes down, and stoch RSI climbs up. This is bullish usually. you can also see that
      - In a shorter term as shown with the 30 minute, we have the same type of divergence. However, we also have a pennant. in general, BBRY has been in a downtrend since its fall below $10 range. So this pennant could be a sign of continuing downtrend.
      - My take is that the daily chart will prevail with a target around $8 to cross MA20.
      - I just read that Kahn brothers bought $3 million of BBRY. Maybe they are looking for a quick trade, when the sp starts to spike up.

What are your thoughts, Morgan?

30 minute:

Daily:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb1d.png 
Views:	459 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	218185
    As usual, JLagoon's charts are spot on, as is the interpretation. I'll give you a slightly different look at it here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-nov-7-2013.png

The line that stands out on this 6 month chart is the fall from the July high ($ 15.00/shr) to where we are today. Note the attempts to rally here. So JLagoon has it right, we need to clear a price just below $ 8.00/shr to start a major rally here. Funny how we were up against this line only one week ago and didn't pop above it. Seems like someone knew we were doomed. Note: For my chart I prefer the 20-ema and the 3-ema.

The lower support line occurs much lower, just below $ 6.00 and not a factor unless the general market dives. I think we are done on the downside here. We can rally to about $ 7.80 now and sit there until we hear from Chen. News is what's driving the bus and we need to hear from BB.

Thanks JLagoon, great work as always.
    11-07-13 12:29 PM
    I'm reading a book about TA and It says you should never buy a stock with a downward tendency, and while the stock price is under the moving average, and the MA has a downward slop, and the stock is underperforming relative to its pairs. The probability of loosing money is too high, surely there are better trades out there.
    11-07-13 12:42 PM
    I'm reading a book about TA and It says you should never buy a stock with a downward tendency, and while the stock price is under the moving average, and the MA has a downward slop, and the stock is underperforming relative to its pairs. The probability of loosing money is too high, surely there are better trades out there.
    You are correct, in this case, there are many investors who own the stock already, and want to understand the possibilities for it today. It always pays to keep an eye on the stock. Countless times we see a bullish stock open down 30 - 50% and rock the investment. Think of FB, you would have lost a ton on that one, (like Mark Cuban found out), only to find that the stock needed some time to drive to new 52 week highs. This happens all the time.

For example, if you sat on your hands when the DOW dropped to 6600 pts. a few years ago, you would have missed one of the best buying ops in the recent century. The charts on every stock were terrible and you should have been buying night and day.
    11-07-13 01:09 PM
    12 dollars a share is a bit overvalued you still have to consider the bills they have to pay in order the keep the company running. thats why in my opinion cash doesn't always equal share value. I think 10 dollars a share is a reasonable value once they start putting ads on BBM and sell/license some of there assets.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-07-13 01:29 PM
    I bought my first 20 shares this week. Not much but it's a start! Viva Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 01:34 PM
    congrats decaway the share price will only go up from here I hope!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-07-13 01:51 PM
    Twitter is a dominant first place in an immature market while Blackberry is pretty much in last place in a more mature market.
    Twitter market cap = 22XRevenues ... OMG, they did it again ...
    11-07-13 02:12 PM
113,256 ... 21782179218021812182 ...