View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    A liar and a crook playing dumb!
    Usually billionaire liar crooks tend to be pretty smart, otherwise, they probably wouldn't be billionaires. lol sociopathic maybe, but smart none the less.
    11-06-13 08:54 PM
    So is that a white Z10 she's holding in the background?
    Which one? Some hands are hidden.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    11-06-13 09:38 PM
    Didn't we read somewhere that the reason watsa went through with the 1 billion dollar deal was because the terms would meet some of Mike L demands? I didn't go back looking for the source cause I just woke up lol but was in an article yesterday and it explains what happened leading up to the decision. I just have a feeling Mike L won't be doing anything and if he does somehow undermine the deal then I also think John Chen wouldn't be staying, im anxious to see what he is capable of because it seems like they are getting as much cash together as possible for a very quick restructure.

Hope some of my thoughts made sense ill come back and edit once im fully awake :P
    11-06-13 10:28 PM
    Didn't we read somewhere that the reason watsa went through with the 1 billion dollar deal was because the terms would meet some of Mike L demands? I didn't go back looking for the source cause I just woke up lol but was in an article yesterday and it explains what happened leading up to the decision. I just have a feeling Mike L won't be doing anything and if he does somehow undermine the deal then I also think John Chen wouldn't be staying, im anxious to see what he is capable of because it seems like they are getting as much cash together as possible for a very quick restructure.

Hope some of my thoughts made sense ill come back and edit once im fully awake :P
    Made perfect sense lol...I agree, there won't be any more bids. I wish, but alas, we get the long road...but that's OK.
    My thesis 15 months ago was a three to four year span...I admit I never anticipated the bizarre events to date but that life...the learning curve just hit warp drive If M8 is getting edgeimcated what do mere mortals like us expect?
    11-06-13 11:04 PM
    So is that a white Z10 she's holding in the background?
    Oh no. Don't show more pics of Kid and Asian chick's, or you will summon Morgan....
    11-06-13 11:09 PM
    BIDDERS SHOCKED

Sources familiar with the matter said at least one bidding group, which included BlackBerry founders Mike Lazaridis and Douglas Fregin, had sent a letter to BlackBerry over the weekend expressing interest in the company and asking for more time to finalize a bid.

The consortium, which also included private equity firm Cerberus and mobile chip giant Qualcomm and was backed by Goldman Sachs Group Inc, was confident it could secure the necessary financing but found BlackBerry uncooperative in providing key information, including on its government contracts and intellectual property portfolio, the sources said.

The group was surprised on Monday morning to find that the process had ended. It is evaluating options for its next move, the sources said.

DEALTALK-No love lost for BlackBerry, Watsa after surprise deal | Reuters
    If this is true, then to me it says that BlackBerry has an Ace up their sleeve.
    I wonder what it is.
    11-06-13 11:42 PM
    OT

anyone jumping on the twitter ipo this morning?
    11-07-13 07:19 AM
    No i am not jumping on twitter just yet. I think its going to be another facebook since they keep raising there share price!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    jmehta22 and bungaboy like this.
    11-07-13 07:22 AM
    No i am not jumping on twitter just yet. I think its going to be another facebook since they keep raising there share price!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    What happened with Facebook

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:34 AM
    They basically over valued there company to get more money for there shares so there shares dropped in price and many people lost a ton of money. Here is a good read Initial public offering of Facebook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-07-13 07:48 AM
    I really wanted to invest in Twitter, but that share price is a little too expensive for me just yet. It may never go below $26, but I do fancy some TWTR action.

I've also been looking at some pharmaceutical companies, dead cheap. I'll post which they are and maybe you fellas can recommend whether or not it's a buy?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:51 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd: Qatari sovereign fund invests in US$1-billion debt offering | Financial Post

Well, well, well...

I wonder who else is going to join the $1 billion debenture club?
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-07-13 08:18 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd: Qatari sovereign fund invests in US$1-billion debt offering | Financial Post

Well, well, well...

I wonder who else is going to join the $1 billion debenture club?
    It won't be Mike L!! Where is that guy? He isn't saying anything, hummmnnnnn????

So they plan all along to take on Chen, then they travel to software land and FaceBook, then they come home and close the sale process immediately ..... ???

I think they might have gotten some good ideas from the sale and realized they can take the company in a different direction. Now I'm waiting to hear they have tentatively sold over a billion in real estate.
    11-07-13 08:44 AM
    I read Qualcomm was interested in specific assets. I doubt it was more than just general talk. As the Alberta guy said, it was lots of talking, no doing.

I find it strange all these guys coming out saying they were looking -- well woopty doo -- did you guys think the for sale sign will be hung until the price gets to 0!?

Mike L is the only one that has not said anything. Can he come in with Cerberus? I am not holding my breath. I also think it will be more detrimental to the share price if he returns than if Johnny Chen is at the helm.

It won't be Mike L!! Where is that guy? He isn't saying anything, hummmnnnnn????

So they plan all along to take on Chen, then they travel to software land and FaceBook, then they come home and close the sale process immediately ..... ???

I think they might have gotten some good ideas from the sale and realized they can take the company in a different direction. Now I'm waiting to hear they have tentatively sold over a billion in real estate.
    11-07-13 09:00 AM
    I'm buying TWTR. I believe those that say we are in a tech bubble, but it wont pop for a while, IMO.

I really wanted to invest in Twitter, but that share price is a little too expensive for me just yet. It may never go below $26, but I do fancy some TWTR action.

I've also been looking at some pharmaceutical companies, dead cheap. I'll post which they are and maybe you fellas can recommend whether or not it's a buy?

Posted via CB10
    StormieTwo and fedakd like this.
    11-07-13 09:04 AM
    I'm buying TWTR. I believe those that say we are in a tech bubble, but it wont pop for a while, IMO.
    So Twitter is worth $14 billion? Hope that I read it wrong, but that seems overvaluation to me.
    cjcampbell, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    11-07-13 09:23 AM
    Unless you have a big account and allocation which none of us are likely to have, don't try to buy today during the frenzy. At least not early on, the normal pattern on these is to shoot up, the big guys get out and the SP retreats. Sometimes even by the end of the 1st day. Let it find a base over the next few days and then buy in if you believe. Chasing IPO's like this usually cost you in the long run, there is usually a better entry point a few days or weeks out... YMMV and not all IPOs are alike........

EDIT: Just read employees agreed to 180 day lock up. There could be a lot of shares for sale 180 days out for the patient investor.
    11-07-13 09:25 AM
    I hope your friend sold Qxygen yesterday , big pop followed by big drop
    11-07-13 09:26 AM
    I read Qualcomm was interested in specific assets. I doubt it was more than just general talk. As the Alberta guy said, it was lots of talking, no doing.

I find it strange all these guys coming out saying they were looking -- well woopty doo -- did you guys think the for sale sign will be hung until the price gets to 0!?

Mike L is the only one that has not said anything. Can he come in with Cerberus? I am not holding my breath. I also think it will be more detrimental to the share price if he returns than if Johnny Chen is at the helm.
    You and I can make up stories all day about how things went down, it makes good press but it means nothing. No one is "just" kicking the tires on BlackBerry, they want some assets and it is likely they didn't get any help from BlackBerry. We would have to of bumped our heads more than a few times to think that management was trying really hard to increase shareholder value. It's more likely they were trying to figure out how to increase their investment value. I don't believe for a second that Mike L was given any chance to make a deal. It's not that I want Mike L to make a deal and get the company, I just use his name as a benchmark for why I don't trust BB management.

I also believe that those who looked at the company haven't dropped their interest in it any more than Prem couldn't get financing. Prem felt it wasn't necessary to get financing with all of the assets available inside BBRY so he leveraged a debt financing to gain more votes. The bond offering will go through at $ 1.25 B and he'll have plenty of shares. All of the interested parties still have plenty of time to make an offer below $ 10.00/shr, don't rule it out. It wouldn't surprise me to see Mike L and company start buying cheap shares down here and start a take-over move that will give them control of the board. I don't see this as been over until Mike L tells us so. We are at $ 2.6 B cash + $ 1.0 B taxes + $ 1.25 B Bonds and they could easily sell a $ 1.0 B in real estate here. How much cash do we need to get the stock above $ 6.60/shr? It's a joke!! Oh did I mention all of their inventory is free now? And, that darn Z30 sure looks good doesn't it? Then there's a ton of assets that Lenovo wanted, licensing anyone? They could sell/license assets for months and have $ 12.00/shr in cash alone.
    Corbu, sidhuk, plasmid_boy and 9 others like this.
    11-07-13 09:26 AM
    I agree! it is good idea to wait for the dust to settle which may be difficult to do depending on how it goes, but I like TWTR (my first and second graders are on twitter along with their teachers and their classes, so I'll buy it for them. If it does not pan out, good thing is it will be some time before they find out...). My buddy trading desk at a bank has it at closing 45 today

Unless you have a big account and allocation which none of us are likely to have, don't try to buy today during the frenzy. At least not early on, the normal pattern on these is to shoot up, the big guys get out and the SP retreats. Sometimes even by the end of the 1st day. Let it find a base over the next few days and then buy in if you believe. Chasing IPO's like this usually cost you in the long run, there is usually a better entry point a few days or weeks out... YMMV and not all IPOs are alike........

EDIT: Just read employees agreed to 180 day lock up. There could be a lot of shares for sale 180 days out for the patient investor.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    11-07-13 09:37 AM
    I don't see this as been over until Mike L tells us so. We are at $ 2.6 B cash + $ 1.0 B taxes + $ 1.25 B Bonds and they could easily sell a $ 1.0 B in real estate here. How much cash do we need to get the stock above $ 6.60/shr? It's a joke!! Oh did I mention all of their inventory is free now? And, that darn Z30 sure looks good doesn't it? Then there's a ton of assets that Lenovo wanted, licensing anyone? They could sell/license assets for months and have $ 12.00/shr in cash alone.
    That's what boggles my mind. The market is valuing BB at less than $3.5 billion, which is less than the cash it has on hand. I just don't understand the math.

On the opposite end we have Twitter at $14 billion. Let's assume that they can make profit $1 billion/year on ads (which is a tall order), it would take 14 years to make back the initial investment. I have done deals with this kind of time frame before in real estate where rental income would take 10-15 years, but increases in equity cut the time down to about 5 years (depending on market trend). But for a company like Twitter, I would never touch it at this price - perhaps because I don't understand it.
    11-07-13 09:43 AM
    I hope your friend sold Qxygen yesterday , big pop followed by big drop
    Yup... he did. He was toying with holding overnight and now grateful he didn't lol
    plasmid_boy and m0de25 like this.
    11-07-13 09:44 AM
    All true, Morgan...

I find it strange the board will roadblock a bid from Mike L's group, however loose it was or was not (the part in the repotring the group were frustrated BBRY was not forthcoming on info re government contracts, etc.) since it is a founder, not some random consortium which is more likely to be just tire-kickers...

However, I think Qualcomm can wait to see it play out, rather than go all out with a bid -- if Chen sells HW, they can play, if Chen does not, chances are Qualcomm can benefit since they sell products to BBRY... Mike L might be in same position... if things go well, his money goes up (albeit he is without control), if things go not so well, they may be at square on again...

I think only Lenovo was in a position that it needed to act re pressure for an acquisition...

You and I can make up stories all day about how things went down, it makes good press but it means nothing. No one is "just" kicking the tires on BlackBerry, they want some assets and it is likely they didn't get any help from BlackBerry. We would have to of bumped our heads more than a few times to think that management was trying really hard to increase shareholder value. It's more likely they were trying to figure out how to increase their investment value. I don't believe for a second that Mike L was given any chance to make a deal. It's not that I want Mike L to make a deal and get the company, I just use his name as a benchmark for why I don't trust BB management.

I also believe that those who looked at the company haven't dropped their interest in it any more than Prem couldn't get financing. Prem felt it wasn't necessary to get financing with all of the assets available inside BBRY so he leveraged a debt financing to gain more votes. The bond offering will go through at $ 1.25 B and he'll have plenty of shares. All of the interested parties still have plenty of time to make an offer below $ 10.00/shr, don't rule it out. It wouldn't surprise me to see Mike L and company start buying cheap shares down here and start a take-over move that will give them control of the board. I don't see this as been over until Mike L tells us so. We are at $ 2.6 B cash + $ 1.0 B taxes + $ 1.25 B Bonds and they could easily sell a $ 1.0 B in real estate here. How much cash do we need to get the stock above $ 6.60/shr? It's a joke!! Oh did I mention all of their inventory is free now? And, that darn Z30 sure looks good doesn't it? Then there's a ton of assets that Lenovo wanted, licensing anyone? They could sell/license assets for months and have $ 12.00/shr in cash alone.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-07-13 09:46 AM
    That's what boggles my mind.
    perhaps because I don't understand it.
    On a 3 lane road, middle lane has more traffic unless otherwise there is an important turning lane. It never made sense to me why? Why not use the top lane which has 3 cars verses the middle lane 10. May be thats why we are "stuck" in BB. LoL
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-07-13 09:50 AM
    So Twitter is worth $14 billion? Hope that I read it wrong, but that seems overvaluation to me.
    Currently sitting at $46 per share and "worth" $25 billion. I have invested in a twitter proxy called BBM.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 11-07-13 at 12:22 PM.
    11-07-13 09:52 AM
113,256 ... 21772178217921802181 ...