View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Superfly_FR, one of your fellow countrymen ...
    Done.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 03:52 PM
    BlackBerry Said to Be Negotiating Up to $1 Billion Tax - Bloomberg

anyone take a guess how much is a refund out of tax losses and how much under the mickey-mouse research and development programs?
    Half of each. (But how does it matter?)
    bungaboy and _dimi_ like this.
    11-06-13 03:52 PM
    OT: After I sold of BB, I was eyeing Air Canada in the 3's... it hit a high of 5.90 yesterday. Woodee****ingdoo. :/ I only did a day trade with that stock. Anywho, keep up the chit chat for BB, its interesting. Note. Some of my Tokyo friends now have BBM.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dsc00372-.jpg
    11-06-13 03:58 PM
    OT: After I sold of BB, I was eyeing Air Canada in the 3's... it hit a high of 5.90 yesterday. Woodee****ingdoo. :/ I only did a day trade with that stock. Anywho, keep up the chit chat for BB, its interesting. Note. Some of my Tokyo friends now have BBM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00372(a).JPG 
Views:	2194 
Size:	232.3 KB 
ID:	217963
    I said it before, lets invest sweat equity and some cash in what ever KV is working at. BB party in japan would be suitable.
    11-06-13 04:05 PM
    BlackBerry Said to Be Negotiating Up to $1 Billion Tax - Bloomberg

anyone take a guess how much is a refund out of tax losses and how much under the mickey-mouse research and development programs?
    It tells me sh*t is out of control..

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 04:10 PM
    Haaaaaa!!! You sound like my wife!!!

Edit: It gets worse, I bought a Seadoo today, she doesn't know about it.
    November 6th??? A SKIDOO right? L0L
    sidhuk and morganplus8 like this.
    11-06-13 04:20 PM

Kid. . . . . . you blurred the wrong ones. LoL
    11-06-13 04:22 PM
    Broadly speaking it takes about a million to make a grade A app from start to finish. That is going rate for venture cap investment funds. Here is a million lets see what your app can do. I don't see why the top 15 apps can't be ported to BBRY at some cost that would be fairly trivial to a company that has billions in bank. Sure google won't play with BBRY. I get that. But if BBRY agrees to fund development of the top apps fully, I would think iOS agnostic developers will jump on board.

Remember Apple takes 30% off the top for app developers. They have to be reading the writing on the wall that apple is going to soon have the only customers who are willing to pay for apps. Do app developers want to be in same situation record companies are with iTunes? Android doesn't work. Asia won't pay for apps on android because they pirate over there. So it doesn't matter how much market share they get there. App developers can't make money selling to android users in china. So they need to get behind BBRY before it is too late.
    11-06-13 05:16 PM
    After the Lenovo deal underhanded scuttling, the government better cough up some dough. Plus, to my knowledge, BBRY is not using the double irish triple dutch bermuda triangle schemes all the big boys like to play with their tax returns...

Though I think it is important why the money is coming from, since the SREDS could be recurring as long as the R&D is done while tax losses, different pictures, unless we write down the Q10...

It tells me sh*t is out of control..

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547), fedakd and _dimi_ like this.
    11-06-13 05:19 PM
    Though I think it is important why the money is coming from, since the SREDS could be recurring as long as the R&D is done while tax losses, different pictures, unless we write down the Q10...
    I think a big chunk probably is SRED for the bulk of the BB10 development which should be winding down to more sustainable levels now. I don't think it's particularly unusual for a company that goes through such an effort to negotiate for an early payment against such a claim, especially if (as I suspect is the case for BB) their record is pretty clean in past submissions.
    cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-06-13 05:33 PM

Hi kid I am out BlackBerry as well, took a solid hit but my mental state is better. Got too many gray hair over the past year. I was considering air canada when it was really low. I had Nokia when it was $3.50 but sold low and choose BlackBerry. I also had AMD and ALU. Investing is not my cup of tea. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    11-06-13 06:02 PM

Congratulations kid. Share some of that knowledge please. I'm out so much on bb

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    11-06-13 06:16 PM
    BIDDERS SHOCKED

Sources familiar with the matter said at least one bidding group, which included BlackBerry founders Mike Lazaridis and Douglas Fregin, had sent a letter to BlackBerry over the weekend expressing interest in the company and asking for more time to finalize a bid.

The consortium, which also included private equity firm Cerberus and mobile chip giant Qualcomm and was backed by Goldman Sachs Group Inc, was confident it could secure the necessary financing but found BlackBerry uncooperative in providing key information, including on its government contracts and intellectual property portfolio, the sources said.

The group was surprised on Monday morning to find that the process had ended. It is evaluating options for its next move, the sources said.

DEALTALK-No love lost for BlackBerry, Watsa after surprise deal | Reuters
    11-06-13 06:41 PM
    Thorsten's Farewell Letter to BB Employees

Dear BlackBerry Team Members,

I am writing to share some important news with you today regarding BlackBerry.

This morning, we announced that we have entered into an agreement to receive a strategic investment of U.S. $1 billion from Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and other institutional investors, which is a vote of confidence in the future of BlackBerry.

Today’s announcement also marks the conclusion of the review of strategic alternatives process being conducted by the Special Committee. After conducting a thorough review of strategic alternatives, we are pleased to announce this agreement that supports a strong future for BlackBerry. As you will see in the press release we issued this morning, this agreement also comes with some changes to BlackBerry’s Board of Directors and management team, effective upon the closing of the transaction, which is expected to be completed in mid-November.

Today I bid farewell to this great company, but leave with the confidence of knowing that BlackBerry’s future is in your capable hands. Together, we have accomplished a great deal over the past six years, and I thank you for your loyalty and dedication along the way.

John Chen, a renowned expert in technology and global markets, will be appointed to the position of Executive Chair of BlackBerry’s Board of Directors and Interim CEO pending completion of a search for a new Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Chen’s experience transforming Sybase from a mature technology company into a high-growth enterprise data management, data warehousing, mobility management and analytics innovator, as well as his deep roots in the technology industry will be invaluable to BlackBerry’s future. Additionally, Prem Watsa, a long time BlackBerry supporter and one of Canada’s preeminent investors will rejoin the Board as Lead Director.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions about what this means – and that’s why we are hosting a town hall meeting later this week where you will have the opportunity to hear directly from the new leadership.

As always, it is important for BlackBerry to speak with one voice. Should you receive any calls from investors please forward them to Paul Carpino. Media and other outside inquiries should be forwarded to Heidi Davidson.

In terms of next steps, your day-to-day responsibilities will remain the same through this transition. As a team, each and every one of you plays an important role in BlackBerry’s success, so I thank you for staying focused on delivering the high quality products and services that our customers have come to expect from BlackBerry throughout this transition.

You can continue to count me as BlackBerry’s biggest fan. Please know that I will be cheering from the sidelines.

Sincerely,

Thorsten

{more like cheering from his new 111' Sunseeker 34M Yacht}
    http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...=7&slim=broker
    Randeman and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-06-13 06:41 PM
    BIDDERS SHOCKED

Sources familiar with the matter said at least one bidding group, which included BlackBerry founders Mike Lazaridis and Douglas Fregin, had sent a letter to BlackBerry over the weekend expressing interest in the company and asking for more time to finalize a bid.

The consortium, which also included private equity firm Cerberus and mobile chip giant Qualcomm and was backed by Goldman Sachs Group Inc, was confident it could secure the necessary financing but found BlackBerry uncooperative in providing key information, including on its government contracts and intellectual property portfolio, the sources said.

The group was surprised on Monday morning to find that the process had ended. It is evaluating options for its next move, the sources said.

The key words from the above article. This thing ain't over yet! Mikey, Qualcom, and Cerberus are coming for the steal!!!

Spokespeople for the participants of the consortium declined to comment.
    Translation: Mike L is not happy with what Prem Watsa has done here
    cjcampbell, rarsen, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    11-06-13 06:52 PM
    Hey guys, BBM is now working on ipod touch as well! Looks like we are making progress with xbbm!

I can now tell my son to go to sleep using Bbm!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 06:56 PM
    BIDDERS SHOCKED

Wow, it seems that Mike L. did not even know what was coming based on this article. I imagine that Watsa's move may make him quite bitter. I hope, he finds a better solution for the shareholders, especially in terms of stock price, before Watsa's $1 billion dilution plan happens.
    11-06-13 07:14 PM
    11-06-13 07:24 PM
    Knowing that Thor had been out for a while, you have to think that internally, employees were left without much guidance and as such, that never helps the morale.

I wonder when Chen is going to try to provide such needed leadership from within so that he can squeeze as much as he can from the remaining troops. You guys can talk as much as you want of the financial aspect of it all but I believe it starts with employees, and the way they are treated goes a long way.
    11-06-13 07:35 PM
    He's hilarious.. especially in that last video. What was that, a full 25 seconds of silence while he figures out how to get out from between the rock and the hard place he's in.
    11-06-13 07:36 PM
    Qualcomm's CEO was looking at some bbry assets,and now says they will wait to see what transpires

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...tml?cmpid=yhoo

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-06-13 07:43 PM
    He's hilarious.. especially in that last video. What was that, a full 25 seconds of silence while he figures out how to get out from between the rock and the hard place he's in.
    A very smart man playing dumb.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-06-13 07:53 PM
    Great reading today everyone! As much as "the crew" talks about this thread in other's and the overall picture is pretty bleak it's nice to see positive thoughts, post's and opinions.
    I've read on many sites BB will see some "dead cat bounces" and I think one person mentioned same above somewhere (with typical snide BS context) but I'm of the opinion of holding what I have (speculate you trolling bastards) and playing a separate block as trades...going to wait though as too early to tell where we settle here.

Good Luck to all.
    11-06-13 08:23 PM
    A very smart man playing dumb.
    A liar and a crook playing dumb!
    11-06-13 08:29 PM

So is that a white Z10 she's holding in the background?
    11-06-13 08:30 PM
113,256 ... 21762177217821792180 ...