View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What... from $8.38 to $6.19 to $11.40 to $7 to $8? I threw up a bit in my mouth now just looking at it, lol.
    Now imagine holding it the whole time.... and now he's out of the office and letting it ride for the afternoon.... No bloody way I could do that.
    11-06-13 12:34 PM
    Exit BB10 and hardware in favor of Android and only focus on branding and enterprises ... Not sure I like that.
    I know us BB enthusiasts want BB10 to live on, but the company needs to somehow, once and for all, solve the native app thing. The runtime/Android port formula isn't working as far as I can tell. The gap will even worsen if they go back to a scaled down ultra niche player.

Maybe BES10 can somehow be re-envisioned so instead of having a work/personal partition, BB phones can actually have 1/2 of its resources actually dedicated to running Android and the business side of things run off BB10. It would literally be like having 2 phones in one.

Just thinking out loud here, even though it may not make any sense.
    11-06-13 12:37 PM
    Now imagine holding it the whole time.... and now he's out of the office and letting it ride for the afternoon.... No bloody way I could do that.
    You have crazy friends, lol!
    11-06-13 12:38 PM
    I know us BB enthusiasts want BB10 to live on, but the company needs to somehow, once and for all, solve the native app thing. The runtime/Android port formula isn't working as far as I can tell. The gap will even worsen if they go back to a scaled down ultra niche player.

Maybe BES10 can somehow be re-envisioned so instead of having a work/personal partition, BB phones can actually have 1/2 of its resources actually dedicated to running Android and the business side of things run off BB10. It would literally be like having 2 phones in one.

Just thinking out loud here, even though it may not make any sense.
    Well, I had the same idea with WP, actually. lol.
    But, really, I believe BB10 has a future, provided - not *all* - but major apps (say the top 15 paying and free apps, besides games) are ported.
    Lastly I read a lot of "what's this $billion for?".
    My first reaction was : to re-insure big customers. Logical, given Chen's pedigree.
    But then, I couldn't resist to count how many times the word "app" is spread in each and every article. Now take 25% of this billion in developement teams. Pay the editors, as google Samsung does for Tizen. Take the charge on you. And release the pack. boom.
    Damm, again, I sat in the armchair CEO ...

edit: nite, gang !

Edit2: that's my typo day lol
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-06-13 at 03:22 PM.
    Randeman, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    11-06-13 12:45 PM
    Maybe that's what BBRY should have done to get Lenovo involved. Offer more debt and let them buy shares. Using the same logic as the Canadian government did with Allstream, the Qatar fund can be grouped in the same way that Sawiris' Accelero Capital was (Egyptian based), a threat to national security.
    11-06-13 01:26 PM
    Using the same logic as the Canadian government did with Allstream, the Qatar fund can be grouped in the same way that Sawiris' Accelero Capital was (Egyptian based), a threat to national security.
    Are you suggesting that this investment should be considered a threat to national security?

They don't just disallow all investment from foreign sources... it's about acquisitions (control), not mere investment (including holding some tiny bit of debt).
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-06-13 01:48 PM
    Maybe that's what BBRY should have done to get Lenovo involved. Offer more debt and let them buy shares. Using the same logic as the Canadian government did with Allstream, the Qatar fund can be grouped in the same way that Sawiris' Accelero Capital was (Egyptian based), a threat to national security.
    Lenovo did not want to buy the debt, they wanted the whole thing.
    11-06-13 01:50 PM
    Are you suggesting that this investment should be considered a threat to national security?

They don't just disallow all investment from foreign sources... it's about acquisitions (control), not mere investment (including holding some tiny bit of debt).
    Lol I know...I was being a little sarcastic and stretching the interpretation of the Canadian government's stance on telecom/tech. I'm annoyed in general on how they're handling regulation when it comes to tech/telecom.
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-06-13 01:52 PM
    Moment ago from SeekingAlpha on BBRY:

Qatari fund reportedly buys BlackBerry debt; Sculley was ready to bid

• Reuters reports a Qatari sovereign wealth fund invested as much as $200M in BlackBerry's (BBRY -1.2%) $1B convertible debt offering. A source says the fund was compelled to invest due to offering's yield (6%)
    • The purchase is noteworthy both due to its reported size (only a little smaller than Fairfax's $250M commitment), and the fact the Middle East remains a relative stronghold for BlackBerry.
    • Meanwhile, ex-Apple CEO John Sculley (previous) says he and other investors were lining up an offer for BlackBerry before the debt deal was announced, and were "pretty confident" they could pull it off.
    • Sculley's comments come after The Globe and Mail reported Lenovo was serious about trying to acquire BlackBerry, but was (unsurprisingly) told by the Canadian government a deal would be shot down due to security concerns related to BlackBerry's network. No word on whether Lenovo would have been interested in a deal excluding BlackBerry's network, or whether Ottawa would've relented in such circumstances.
    So Sculley WAS in fact interested, what about Mike L? It seems like Prem stole this away from everyone for $1B instead of $4.7B. Just under two weeks to go. Come on Sculley / Lazaridis!!!

Hope you all are having a great day!
    11-06-13 02:07 PM
    Moment ago from SeekingAlpha on BBRY:

So Sculley WAS in fact interested, what about Mike L?
    Seeking Alpha is not a credible source. If the article has a citation for the claim, cite that. Otherwise, it is not "fact".
    11-06-13 02:13 PM
    Seeking Alpha is not a credible source. If the article has a citation for the claim, cite that. Otherwise, it is not "fact".
    How's this for you?

..“We were pretty confident that we had the funds to be able to do the deal,” Sculley, who now serves as chairman of Pivot Technology Solutions Inc., said today on “Bloomberg Surveillance” with Tom Keene....
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...berry-bid.html
    Now it is a FACT. Happy now? Please leave your tone and better than thou attitude out of here.
    11-06-13 02:18 PM
    Lol I know...I was being a little sarcastic and stretching the interpretation of the Canadian government's stance on telecom/tech. I'm annoyed in general on how they're handling regulation when it comes to tech/telecom.
    Convertible bonds are CONVERTIBLE into stock usually at the lender/holders option, so don't be so sure that the Government isn't watching this. Its only around 10% and not control if they convert, but....
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-06-13 02:28 PM
    What... from $8.38 to $6.19 to $11.40 to $7 to $8? I threw up a bit in my mouth now just looking at it, lol.
    Yep, BB is taking on the features of a true Penny stock but wow look at the posts on this thread .... I think that CB is down to about two dozen legitimate contributing technicians, 250 CB product purchasers, and 2,000 penny stock traders (for its BB forums).

BB is a $6-8 stock now and a $5 stock in 2014. For now, it will jump up and down giving rise to day trader fun but there is no cash flow to allow survival. The few institutions that want to prop it will eventually let if float down to $6/7, the fundamentals and short volume will continue to pressure it under $6. Remaining consistently under $5 a share coupled with negative cash flows 9and earnings), of course, represents a drop dead value for some institutions. SO, either a crazy Knight or lots of late night work for our new leader and staff.
    11-06-13 02:31 PM
    Gregg, can you stop with the little 1 sentence "holier than thou" comments. The attitude from you has gone from bad to worse and frankly it contributes nothing.
    11-06-13 02:31 PM
    Gregg, can you stop with the little 1 sentence "holier than thou" comments. The attitude from you has gone from bad to worse and frankly it contributes nothing.
    The same could be said about a lot of the optimists/longs' comments on this thread.
    rbenchley and techvisor like this.
    11-06-13 02:56 PM
    The same could be said about a lot of the optimists/longs' comments on this thread.
    [...]

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 03:12 PM
    [...]

Posted via CB10
    bergeron37 likes this.
    11-06-13 03:15 PM
    Just got back from pulling boats out of the water for this season.

I was asked about ACAD, yes, I do indirectly own ACAD through the sale of naked puts, I sold a pile of them the last time the stock dropped with Obamascare. I sold the $ 22.50's and the 20.00's so I'm likely to be back in the stock again soon. If it continues to go higher, I'll keep the premium and do it again. My favourite stocks are ACAD then HALO right now.

As for Abigail and her chart, we are right on support, if we drop below $ 6.30/shr and stay there for a couple of weeks we will have broken her uptrend line from way back in 2002. It takes too long to generate that chart!!!

As for this deal with Prem, you have to ask yourself how long all of this bond/Chen stuff was in place? Did they choose Chen weeks ago and if they did, why then did BB management fly to FB in Cali and talk things over with them? Is there something more to BB and FB?

Finally, we can't let Lenovo make a bid but we can have Chen run the company? (I thought it was funny)
    11-06-13 03:15 PM
    Boats - meaning multiple? God damn you morgan
    11-06-13 03:22 PM
    [...]

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, one of your fellow countrymen is in need of some re-direction. Enlighten hime on the build quality of the Z30 please.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post9487829
    sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-06-13 03:28 PM
    I have boats too. And I pull them out of the bathtub daily after my kids finish bathing.
    11-06-13 03:30 PM
    Haaaaaa!!! You sound like my wife!!!

Edit: It gets worse, I bought a Seadoo today, she doesn't know about it.
    Kid Vibe, sidhuk, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    11-06-13 03:32 PM
    Haaaaaa!!! You sound like my wife!!!

Edit: It gets worse, I bought a Seadoo today, she doesn't know about it.
    So you have been shorting BBRY!
    11-06-13 03:44 PM
    BlackBerry Said to Be Negotiating Up to $1 Billion Tax - Bloomberg

anyone take a guess how much is a refund out of tax losses and how much under the mickey-mouse research and development programs?
    11-06-13 03:47 PM
    Convertible bonds are CONVERTIBLE into stock usually at the lender/holders option, so don't be so sure that the Government isn't watching this. Its only around 10% and not control if they convert, but....
    I don't have all the numbers at my finger tips, but I'm quite sure the Qatar portion of that is way under 10%. Roughly, the $1B was going to lead to 16% dilution, and their part is (if I'm not mistaken) only $200M, so that's maybe just over 3%, not 10%. Well below the government's threshold for concern, I suspect.
    11-06-13 03:50 PM
113,256 ... 21752176217721782179 ...