View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Off topic guys. I was just driving on the 401 east and pasted by a BLACKBERRY Van. With all this going on I felt nice to see that

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 09:33 AM
    I think we should all get BlackBerry bumper stickers and start representing BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 09:36 AM
    I'm curious as to what everyone feels is a reasonable time frame for CHEN to formulate, articulate and start implementing his turn around strategy?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 09:41 AM
    I'm curious as to what everyone feels is a reasonable time frame for CHEN to formulate, articulate and start implementing his turn around strategy?

Posted via CB10
    I'd guess a couple of weeks at least.
    11-06-13 09:48 AM
    I don't see this as something with a time frame. It's started already (surprisingly, to me, as I didn't expect a peep until the 2 weeks was up).

I say "just watch him" and listen to what he says. He's already telegraphing some of his mindset, even though he's wisely couching it in cautious terms and disclaiming a full understanding since he's "only been at this for 24h". In reality, he's probably had over two months of talking about this with Prem and reaching a mutual understanding of strategy in a broad sense.
    11-06-13 09:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    3-4 weeks?
    OMGitworks and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-06-13 09:52 AM
    Off topic LoL,
    This is what i love the most about Z30 and i miss it until i go and and get another one today or tomorrow.
    The signal strength. (Works in places where no other phone has worked before for me) no drop calls.
    Call sound quality (the best i have ever heard including land to land lines)
    The speakers sound quality.
    Being able to call my bbm contact directly with bbm voice call. (Lol no record of call on the phone bill)
    The keyboard.
    The ability to be able to side load all my wanted apps from android in one shot from a folder (majority work just great)
    Ability to have access to any files back and forth from my computer.
    The battery life.
    The only thing i dislike about z30 is that there is no over ride of autodim options. Otherwise it has wonderful screen.
    Use z30 for two weeks for phone call quality alone and it is very hard to go back to another phone. To me, having a clear felt conversation can make a difference in business dealings with better convincing. Dropped calls are not good in most instances. IMO
    11-06-13 09:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    December earnings report. He should be fully briefed and aware of BBRY's situation and have formulated a plan of action. He will be sufficiently versed as to where BBRY will be going and be able to present it clearly and convincingly at the conference call. I hope.
    11-06-13 09:57 AM
    I have a feeling that Mr. Chen will be invited to speak at various TV shows soon.
    What I would like to hear from him are:

Ok, back to work...LOL
    Too bad they stopped making J springer show any more, otherwise blackberry BOD vs shareholders would have been perfect fit.

Ok Gang, have a great day.
    11-06-13 10:13 AM
    Sorry, Plasmid_boy.

I think this will be the same tired approach of bragging, bragging, bragging (first with a Canadian accent, then with a German accent) which has failed so far. No sane person can claim RIM has a richer or more innovative history than Apple, Microsoft, Google, Samsung, etc. Declaring BBRY is best, best, best will therefore fail again. Declaring BBRY is most secure not only goes over the head of average consumers, but for anyone interested to delve into things, the most important security (from government) is not really there (e.g. BBM and BIS is open for every crackpot dictator in the Middle East; there are no guarantees BBRY is not subject to FISA secret orders, if you run a BES server, NSA automatically treats you and stores your traffic as a target since you are using "encryption," etc.)

Americans love an underdog, they do not love a braggard.

I believe, if Chen is really put to turn things around and not to just chop and sell, is that he will first and foremost be really humble, admit defeat in certain market segments, strenghten what he can in enterprise, then look for a "leap" in technology. I trust a well-connected proven Sillicon Valley talent for that over an internal cadre (e.g. Heins) or co-founder who will be forever tarnished, hamstrung and sapped by previous politicking...
    I agree with everything that you said, but I believe that you misunderstood my post. No one likes a braggart, but it is not bragging if you are stating the facts that provided the confidence. All those 4 points are facts, not brags. Regarding history, no one has a richer history in the smartphone business than BlackBerry, even Apple was far behind. Would it feel like bragging to you if someone ask him "why do you want to you want to take on this job?" and he answers:
    "That's a good question, one that I thought about quite deeply before taking the plunge. The company is facing significant challenges and it won't be easy to turn it around. The reasons why I decided to join the team is because I see unique strengths that are not fully appreciated. They are 1, 2, 3, 4."

Sounds pretty humble and thoughtful to me.
    11-06-13 10:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    I would say the sooner the better. Hit the iron while it's hot...
    peter9477, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-06-13 10:18 AM
    Ot : morgan what do you think about ACAD at these levels? Are you still in this one?
    11-06-13 10:20 AM
    Anyone seen this video with John Sculley yet? I found it interesting that he and I'm sure a few others can still point out some very good opportunities for BB.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/forme...tml?cmpid=yhoo
    rarsen and peter9477 like this.
    11-06-13 10:21 AM
    Anyone seen this video with John Sculley yet? I found it interesting that he and I'm sure a few others can still point out some very good opportunities for BB.
    Video must be fake. He supposedly says "My partners and I in Canada were quite interested. We followed it very closely."

We've been told that any such idea is delusional, and nobody was interested. Clearly a photoshopped video.
    rarsen, take99, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    11-06-13 10:47 AM
    11-06-13 11:19 AM
    Yep... watching very closely.
    Wow, gotta love the stock market, huh? Hope your friend jumped off in good time. My new rule is to be more than happy with a 25% gain...
    11-06-13 11:22 AM
    Bought a few hundred shares today, averaged down to $11.71. Long and strong! I feel confident that with the new leadership and downsizing of the company they will be able to turn this ship around within the next 1-2 years.The future looks bright IMO.
    11-06-13 11:31 AM
    Is Abigail's chart still "intact"? :-)

Posted via CB10
    Randeman, leafs123 and bungaboy like this.
    11-06-13 11:43 AM
    Wow, gotta love the stock market, huh? Hope your friend jumped off in good time. My new rule is to be more than happy with a 25% gain...
    He didn't... lol. Got called away by a client... doh... climbing back some now. At least he's green.
    11-06-13 11:46 AM
    Off topic LoL,
    This is what i love the most about Z30 and i miss it until i go and and get another one today or tomorrow.
    The signal strength. (Works in places where no other phone has worked before for me) no drop calls.
    Call sound quality (the best i have ever heard including land to land lines)
    The speakers sound quality.
    Being able to call my bbm contact directly with bbm voice call. (Lol no record of call on the phone bill)
    The keyboard.
    The ability to be able to side load all my wanted apps from android in one shot from a folder (majority work just great)
    Ability to have access to any files back and forth from my computer.
    The battery life.
    The only thing i dislike about z30 is that there is no over ride of autodim options. Otherwise it has wonderful screen.
    Use z30 for two weeks for phone call quality alone and it is very hard to go back to another phone. To me, having a clear felt conversation can make a difference in business dealings with better convincing. Dropped calls are not good in most instances. IMO
    I'm 100% with you on that. Let me clarify, again : should all the future BB10 devices have this overall quality and efficiency, they really have a place in the market. And not a tiny one. Add some unusefull specs to please the "k�k�s" (those who shine by the color of their tie) and we're all good. Besides any other reflection, this is what serves my confidence the most.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-06-13 at 12:38 PM.
    11-06-13 11:52 AM
    He didn't... lol. Got called away by a client... doh... climbing back some now. At least he's green.
    What a rollercoaster today
    cjcampbell and m0de25 like this.
    11-06-13 11:56 AM
    I'm glad I hold my investment two days ago. Sometimes "feelings" worse reason.
    The man who rent me my holiday apartment (in a house I live since my naked suit) just died.
    (He was a kind guy, I'm sad. R.I.P, Doctor)
    But now I'm in the real estate thing and the few Kbucks I'd invested are very mandatory, because the family want to sell. And leaving this place would be more than heart breaking for me.

Shoud I have marked this personal post with OT ?
    Hey, no. Just a reminder under the story.

Never invest more money than enough to keep some emergency treasure available, in a snap, at no loss.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-06-13 at 12:47 PM.
    m0de25, Randeman, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    11-06-13 12:01 PM
    If there's a chapter one won't miss writing the BBRY story, it will be the one called "Finance and communication: the WS 6gun".
    And here's one example of what happened so many times. 140 signs can kill, because there's no context ...
    Blackberry Plummets on Globe & Mail Tweet - NASDAQ.com
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-06-13 12:08 PM
    Long time I didn't pasted it here. Let's mark it for reference. 1yr estimate (intangible indicator, only variation matters IMHO) is pretty darn low.
    Yet, still 66% bullish ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Randeman and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-06-13 12:13 PM
    What a rollercoaster today
    What... from $8.38 to $6.19 to $11.40 to $7 to $8? I threw up a bit in my mouth now just looking at it, lol.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    11-06-13 12:14 PM
113,250 ... 21742175217621772178 ...