1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What are you basing this on, exactly?
    A gut feeling, apparently.

11-06-13 06:57 AM
    So still awaiting proof, or any sort of details, but there have been a couple of tweets regarding John Sculley on Bloomberg saying he has made a bid for BlackBerry.
    11-06-13 07:12 AM
    I think he might need more than a day at the helm to chart his course.

Posted via CB10
    Seems like he rather use this "figure out time frame" to not to say the "wrong thing" in public. He had to be aware about his commitment at least few weeks in advance before he said yes to this new undertaking. For him to speak to Crackberry with in first 24 hours of the announcement shows that he has known about the fan and Troll base. Plus his last statement about loyalty is the right thing to say about attracting the right talent (if he really means it)
    Once again, shorts knew that company wont be sold for $9.00. I hope blackberry stops the leaks to only benefits few and protect this company. unless otherwise the guardians of the company are involved in shorting, i hope not.
    11-06-13 07:18 AM
    So still awaiting proof, or any sort of details, but there have been a couple of tweets regarding John Sculley on Bloomberg saying he has made a bid for BlackBerry.
    It makes a ton of sense to place an offer now while the company is lean and mean without the bond issue. If we are ever going to hear from Mike, it has to be very soon. As for the others, once the $ 262 million breakup fee is toast, as it is now, the company is ripe for the picking.
    11-06-13 07:22 AM
    It makes a ton of sense to place an offer now while the company is lean and mean without the bond issue. If we are ever going to hear from Mike, it has to be very soon. As for the others, once the $ 262 million breakup fee is toast, as it is now, the company is ripe for the picking.
    Here's the vid....

John Sculley: BlackBerry Can Be Saved: Video - Bloomberg

He was ready to, but not currently bidding. As many of us speculated, he was waiting to see what happened with Prem. How many others were?
    11-06-13 07:24 AM
    Here's the vid....

He was ready to, but not currently bidding. As many of us speculated, he was waiting to see what happened with Prem. How many others were?
    Seems Prem and the Canadian gov't stood ready to make sure nobody got in the way of Prem's deal.....
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-06-13 07:26 AM
    Seems Prem and the Canadian gov't stood ready to make sure nobody got in the way of Prem's deal.....
    I got that he was doing well with the gov. Mind you, based on his plan, I'm somewhat relieved that it didn't go through. He didn't want to improve BB, but wanted to use BB to move his other company forward. At least that's how I perceived it.
    11-06-13 07:29 AM
    Seems like he rather use this "figure out time frame" to not to say the "wrong thing" in public. He had to be aware about his commitment at least few weeks in advance before he said yes to this new undertaking. For him to speak to Crackberry with in first 24 hours of the announcement shows that he has known about the fan and Troll base. Plus his last statement about loyalty is the right thing to say about attracting the right talent (if he really means it)
    Once again, shorts knew that company wont be sold for $9.00. I hope blackberry stops the leaks to only benefits few and protect this company. unless otherwise the guardians of the company are involved in shorting, i hope not.
    Totally agree with you, the interview was very timely. He has his act together and to even think of coming onto the CrackBerry stage a day later ...........

Now I've read that Silver Lake might not have anything to do with the BlackBerry deal, we'll find out soon enough what their role is. If they stood aside and Prem put up some Fairfax money, then maybe all of this is a work in progress. The whole thing will come down to the what the new strategy is all about. Looks like they got the right guy in Chen and we still have more seats to fill here. It might be worth the pain after all. The only thing I didn't like about all of this change of plans was the insistence that BlackBerry take up the bond issue now instead of having it as a fall back plan. We also don't know what the terms of debt are except that it isn't protected which is okay, we need to know what the retirement terms are, as in, how soon can they buy back those bonds and retire them. This story is not over yet! Good post.
    11-06-13 07:32 AM
    The thing is I know a large US corp through my biz that has a large fleet of BB devices and they are not going with BES10 and moving to Apple. I have a horrible feeling this is the case with many Enterprise customers as we are not seeing any news about this.

The government thing also bothers me... The Lenovo deal was nixed by the Can Government....I was not a fan of selling our number one tech company to them anyway. But they all cry security, security concerns and do nothing to support BlackBerry. Let me see the DOD in the US say " Yes" we are converting 500K BB units to BES10 or whatever plus managing another 500K IOS/Android. This is the support BB needs and they need it now, not a year from now as it will be too late by then. Then the governments will all have their hackable IOS and Android devices to complain about.....
    Apple has tools....

It is much easier today to find someone to build a custom application (or find one already made) for different industries and business that want an application to better track inventory, production, customers, sales and employees. There is much more to smartphones than communication, security and management of devices. And yes it is possible with Android and BlackBerry, but it seems like Apple is the "platform" of choice for many of these custom applications.

As for Government, DOD or any corporation making big commitments, first BlackBerry needs to commit to being in business. That is hard to do when you don't have a finished product (neither BB10 nor BES10 are as mature, stable or feature rich as other options available in both hardware and software), and no one is buying what you currently have ready (current sales figures tell the story). BlackBerry is the most secure option until you factor in the uncertainty of them being there through the life cycle of the products. NO ONE CAN GUARANTEE THAT RIGHT NOW.

Not sure why so many here want to seperate BlackBerry and it stock value from their core business and the FACT that it is tanking with no foreseeable change or replacement. Looking at their "value" on paper and the potential value of products like BB10, BES10, BBMX, QNX.... is only useful IF you have some reason to believe that there is a real possibility that those potentials can be reached by this company in the short time they have left.

As for sticking to the "PLAN".... I don't remember consecutive quarters of negative growth being part of that plan.
    techvisor and Bacon Munchers like this.
    11-06-13 07:33 AM
    Next earning reports is in the end of dec and this quarter closes in about 20 days before insiders could figure out the real numbers and leak for their own benefit. I dont trust any blackberry insider any more and i dont think they are working for the best interest of the company or the share holders. Having said that it doesnt mean that i am going to abandon my investment or sell and run. I picked up some stock yesterday and i am going to pick up some more today because in next couple of weeks there may be some more pump and dump bs by using the real or fake offer to purchase excuse which should cause 5 to 10 percent swing trade opportunities.
    Disclaimer: not endorsing any one else to loose their kids future money or their food on the table.
    11-06-13 07:35 AM
    Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Announces C$431,000,000 Bought Deal Financing

http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/11/fai...eal-financing/

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 07:38 AM
    Totally agree with you, the interview was very timely. He has his act together and to even think of coming onto the CrackBerry stage a day later ...........

Now I've read that Silver Lake might not have anything to do with the BlackBerry deal, we'll find out soon enough what their role is. If they stood aside and Prem put up some Fairfax money, then maybe all of this is a work in progress. The whole thing will come down to the what the new strategy is all about. Looks like they got the right guy in Chen and we still have more seats to fill here. It might be worth the pain after all. The only thing I didn't like about all of this change of plans was the insistence that BlackBerry take up the bond issue now instead of having it as a fall back plan. We also don't know what the terms of debt are except that it isn't protected which is okay, we need to know what the retirement terms are, as in, how soon can they buy back those bonds and retire them. This story is not over yet! Good post.
    This new billion dollar cash injection scenario may be just another fake cushion to soften up the market reaction for nov 4th OFP deadline news. If blackberry still have over 2 billion cash on hand plus phones on hand plus less operating expenses plus tax refunds, i doubt if blackberry really need more cash at this stage. This cash injection announcement also sends out a positive signal to any other buyer out there, if there is any.
    So, new CEO has two weeks time to do as much PR as he can to establish trust in the market and then we may hear that blackberry does not require new funding.
    I feel that blackberry board purposely killed fan base in last six months, otherwise blackberry still had and i hope still have enough fan base to survive. That hard core fan base still starving for blackberry to do the right thing.
    Edit: when i say fan base means governments and corporate accounts too.
    11-06-13 07:57 AM
    Sorry but Blackberry is "hackable" just like the rest of them.
    I've stricked what is not - say - accurate. Yes they are hackable. But by no means as easily as many opponents.
    11-06-13 08:17 AM
    Sorry but Blackberry is "hackable" just like the rest of them.
    Theoretically ANY device is hackable. But BlackBerry is NOT just like the rest of them in that regard. It's THE most secure out there, when mixed with BES10. And there other companies that specialize in making BlackBerry even more secure!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:21 AM
    Here's the vid....

Exit BB10 and hardware in favor of Android and only focus on branding and enterprises ... Not sure I like that.
    11-06-13 08:24 AM
    Having said that it doesnt mean that i am going to abandon my investment or sell and run. I picked up some stock yesterday and i am going to pick up some more today because in next couple of weeks there may be some more pump and dump bs by using the real or fake offer to purchase excuse which should cause 5 to 10 percent swing trade opportunities.
    Disclaimer: not endorsing any one else to loose their kids future money or their food on the table.
    Good to see that I am not the only crazy one here...LOL
    11-06-13 08:29 AM
    Good to see that I am not the only crazy one here...LOL
    LoL, we both know that being "Crazy" is our only real asset bro. Sheeeeshshsh........... Keep it
    "see crate".
    11-06-13 08:34 AM
    Again.... OT but OXBT is on a bloody tear here. HOLY COW!!

I didn't get in but a buddy did yesterday at 8.11. He was looking for a sell anywhere above 9 lol.
    take99 and Randeman like this.
    11-06-13 08:41 AM
    I have a feeling that Mr. Chen will be invited to speak at various TV shows soon.
    What I would like to hear from him are:
    1) Blackberry is not going anywhere. Period.
    2) Millions of professionals use BlackBerry because it is the best phone and mobile productivity tool. Period.
    3) It is the most secured phone. Period.
    4) It has the richest history in the industry, it is still the most innovative company in the industry today, and it is still producing the best products, both hardware and software, in the industry. I honestly see a bright future ahead and I am here to realize that vision!

Ok, back to work...LOL
    Corbu, cjcampbell, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    11-06-13 08:49 AM

I didn't get in but a buddy did yesterday at 8.11. He was looking for a sell anywhere above 9 lol.
    Is your friend still holding?
    11-06-13 09:11 AM
    Is your friend still holding?
    Yep... watching very closely.
    11-06-13 09:18 AM
    This new billion dollar cash injection scenario may be just another fake cushion to soften up the market reaction for nov 4th OFP deadline news. If blackberry still have over 2 billion cash on hand plus phones on hand plus less operating expenses plus tax refunds, i doubt if blackberry really need more cash at this stage. This cash injection announcement also sends out a positive signal to any other buyer out there, if there is any.
    So, new CEO has two weeks time to do as much PR as he can to establish trust in the market and then we may hear that blackberry does not require new funding.
    I feel that blackberry board purposely killed fan base in last six months, otherwise blackberry still had and i hope still have enough fan base to survive. That hard core fan base still starving for blackberry to do the right thing.
    Edit: when i say fan base means governments and corporate accounts too.
    I'd be shocked if they don't have serious cash burn over the next 2 quarters
    11-06-13 09:19 AM
    Sorry, Plasmid_boy.

I think this will be the same tired approach of bragging, bragging, bragging (first with a Canadian accent, then with a German accent) which has failed so far. No sane person can claim RIM has a richer or more innovative history than Apple, Microsoft, Google, Samsung, etc. Declaring BBRY is best, best, best will therefore fail again. Declaring BBRY is most secure not only goes over the head of average consumers, but for anyone interested to delve into things, the most important security (from government) is not really there (e.g. BBM and BIS is open for every crackpot dictator in the Middle East; there are no guarantees BBRY is not subject to FISA secret orders, if you run a BES server, NSA automatically treats you and stores your traffic as a target since you are using "encryption," etc.)

Americans love an underdog, they do not love a braggard.

I believe, if Chen is really put to turn things around and not to just chop and sell, is that he will first and foremost be really humble, admit defeat in certain market segments, strenghten what he can in enterprise, then look for a "leap" in technology. I trust a well-connected proven Sillicon Valley talent for that over an internal cadre (e.g. Heins) or co-founder who will be forever tarnished, hamstrung and sapped by previous politicking...

I have a feeling that Mr. Chen will be invited to speak at various TV shows soon.
    What I would like to hear from him are:
    1) Blackberry is not going anywhere. Period.
    2) Millions of professionals use BlackBerry because it is the best phone and mobile productivity tool. Period.
    3) It is the most secured phone. Period.
    4) It has the richest history in the industry, it is still the most innovative company in the industry today, and it is still producing the best products, both hardware and software, in the industry. I honestly see a bright future ahead and I am here to realize that vision!

Ok, back to work...LOL
    11-06-13 09:24 AM

Two weeks ago, Oct 21. And no, I didn't. Too busy with other, less rewarding, stocks. Cheers to those who did.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-oxbt.jpg
    11-06-13 09:24 AM
    Yes. There is no other reason (apart from some cockamamie cushion-the-blow-from-the-failed-deal trickery as sidhuk said) for BBRY to accept debt at this point unless they are forecasting a troubling cash situation. The "rallying cry" of "look ma no debt' is gone. You just do not give up on your slogan unless you really have to.

I'd be shocked if they don't have serious cash burn over the next 2 quarters
    11-06-13 09:28 AM
113,256 ... 21732174217521762177 ...