View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good Grief. BBRY continues to go down. I would have thought that there would be some kind of rebound.
    Not everyone follows the news as closely as we do nor, presumably, actually tries to analyze it much.

I think for the next day or so, much of the market will be in "OMFGSELL!" mode. Then the knee-jerk reactions will be past, and after sober second thought some people will start to note that this isn't exactly the bad news it was initially sold as, and the price will recover.

Just my thoughts. I'm neither buying nor selling at the moment, though I'd surely have been buying south of $6.50 if I had spare cash.
    jxnb, cjcampbell, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    11-04-13 11:41 AM
    One thing to note - now the company isn't going private, we will get an ER for this quarter - how good or bad do people expect it to be? I would think handset sales have gone off the edge.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    techvisor likes this.
    11-04-13 11:41 AM
    Someone should mention to Prem this idea that having a foot up on everyone else in bankruptcy proceedings (especially on a whopping $250M) is seen as a brilliant move on his part.

I bet he'd be laughing non-stop until he heads home from work tonight.
    BlackBerry is going through "silly season" once as a. Business man one is convinced of that then words don't give indigestion. LOL. However the above described Joke will still make it through.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-04-13 11:42 AM
    I'm really curious as to where, anywhere, there is proof that he was unable to secure financing? He was approached with another option which he took. There was not some weekend power meeting that came to this turn of events. The strategic committee was looking at strategic options (go figure eh?) and through this, they found the one they chose to be the best, in their opinion. Maybe he couldn't get financing, maybe he could. I said it earlier though, we'll never EVER know.
    Just because something is unprovable, it doesn't mean that the alternative theories are any more likely. The past few days there were leaks and articles stating exactly this: Prem could not secure financing. And now today the deal that everyone was swearing up and down for various reasons (Prem's reputation, access to cash, etc) couldn't fall through, in fact fell through. Today's outcome supports the leaks and articles, whereas another outcome would have demolished the leaks absolutely.
    11-04-13 11:43 AM
    Good Grief. BBRY continues to go down. I would have thought that there would be some kind of rebound.
    Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that a 52-week high was being anticipated? Well it's at a 52-week low today, and very close to the all-time low.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-04-13 11:46 AM
    One thing to note - now the company isn't going private, we will get an ER for this quarter - how good or bad do people expect it to be? I would think handset sales have gone off the edge.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    Seeing as this time the accounting changes should catch up, it should be a better qoq for sure. Whether it's "good" is a whole other story but it should be more in line.
    11-04-13 11:47 AM
    Anything is a possibility but if one were to have bought it for 5 billion or more, what is 55 million if it means turning things around? That's probably why the golden parachute was built in, as the inevitable outcome of being sold. Nobody would by a struggling company and leave the struggling management in place.
    for sure. TH needed to go. i think everyone knew that, even people that loved him
    11-04-13 11:47 AM
    Just because something is unprovable, it doesn't mean that the alternative theories are any more likely. The past few days there were leaks and articles stating exactly this: Prem could not secure financing. And now today the deal that everyone was swearing up and down for various reasons (Prem's reputation, access to cash, etc) couldn't fall through, in fact fell through. Today's outcome supports the leaks and articles, whereas another outcome would have demolished the leaks absolutely.
    You are right, there's nothing to say I'm more right, but what has been leaked in the last few days could just as easily been PW "doesn't" have financing, not necessarily "couldn't" get it. Again, this deal announcement wasn't born in a few short days.
    11-04-13 11:49 AM
    Again, this deal announcement wasn't born in a few short days.
    Worth emphasizing this, repeatedly. Somehow I think a lot of people don't get it. It makes all the difference in the analysis, too.
    11-04-13 11:56 AM
    So who is so confident that they are taking this opportunity to BUY?
    11-04-13 12:02 PM
    Sorry to repeat what has been already quoted, but in this large flow ... gets better when repeated

BlackBerry says has no plans to shut down handset unit | Fox Business
    silversun10, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    11-04-13 12:02 PM
    "Watsa said they did due diligence and worked with a consulting company that recommended that taking it private with borrowed money was not the way to go.

"To load this company with too much debt was not appropriate," Watsa told the AP. "We didn't want it leveraged. We didn't even bother to go there. Once we decided that a leveraged buy-out with high debt was not appropriate we didn't push it any further. We backed off completely."

Watsa said BlackBerry needs financial flexibility. "We probably could do it, but we decided not to add high yield debt to the company's capital structure," he said.

He said five or six investors had been interested in a buyout. "

BlackBerry abandons sale process, CEO out - Yahoo Finance
    11-04-13 12:03 PM
    Counting my Euros right now. I've set a psychological level under $6.5 (where we are now) but can't decide as it depends on incomes I cannot measure clearly right now. Should be able to within a week, may be too late; but can't afford to break my 15% of avail free cash rule.

edit : can't refrain to // with post Q1 E.R and the free fall & rebound that followed. Hope I'll get stuffed soon enough.
    11-04-13 12:05 PM
    "Watsa said they did due diligence and worked with a consulting company that recommended that taking it private with borrowed money was not the way to go.

"To load this company with too much debt was not appropriate," Watsa told the AP. "We didn't want it leveraged. We didn't even bother to go there. Once we decided that a leveraged buy-out with high debt was not appropriate we didn't push it any further. We backed off completely."

Watsa said BlackBerry needs financial flexibility. "We probably could do it, but we decided not to add high yield debt to the company's capital structure," he said.

Thanks (out of button)
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    11-04-13 12:06 PM
    Stock I think will continue to plunge as all those who held on just to get their $9 buyout now bail. Then those who believe in BlackBerry and believe they have a good chance to turn around will buy it up cheap. Wish I had money to invest....

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    11-04-13 12:11 PM
    I'm confident in the company, but not the market. I'll be waiting for lower if I decide to get back on board. If this is near the low, I don't mind missing out on it.
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-04-13 12:15 PM
    just could not resist. bought some more.
    11-04-13 12:17 PM

F*&k Watsa. He said he had more than enough subscribers to make the deal way early on. Now he wants to back track to save his name. He gets a great deal and the shareholders get screwed, yet again. He lied. Period.
    fedakd and anon(4086547) like this.
    11-04-13 12:17 PM
    I don't think it's about being confident in the company, it's more of the public image that concerns me. BlackBerry's been beaten down so many times, I don't know what to think and who to believe. This is why commenting daily on a public forum regarding BBRY day trading doesn't make sense to me anymore simply because BlackBerry, even a mere 11 months ago, was thinking long term and not short. I believe all this was anticipated some how, we (the longs) just have to play the game sensibly and calmly. We're talking about a multi billion dollar company, they're not inept.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm BBRY long till it dies. It didn't go private and I'm glad, because there's money to be made. It might not be today, or in the next month, but the value is there, the quality of the phones is there, the right OS is there.
    _dimi_, sidhuk, cjcampbell and 6 others like this.
    11-04-13 12:24 PM
    p.s. I don't think we'd see another BlackBerry phone if another company was to buy them out. F*** that. I wanna be using a BlackBerry in 2015 when my contract runs out and it's time for me to upgrade.
    11-04-13 12:25 PM
    F*&k Watsa. He said he had more than enough subscribers to make the deal way early on. Now he wants to back track to save his name. He gets a great deal and the shareholders get screwed, yet again. He lied. Period.
    I was going to vote against his $9 "Deal". I didnt buy blackberry stock for Prem's buy out. I am not sorry for the people who just purchased the stock based on $9.00 deal. one thing I do know that no one lends the money based on borrower going bankrupt. it is very easy to sit here and type things and make winners and losers. however, in real life, bankruptcy collection is not a joke. delivering another $1billion to "bankrupt" company is not a joke either.
    11-04-13 12:26 PM
    Translation: I could not get anyone to believe in my plan (whatever it was), so I will go it alone. I am back to square one to when I left the board. Meanwhile, for X months, BBRY was battered in the media by every crackpot analyst and anonymous internet poster...

Going private (if that is really the goal) does not need to be done by a take-over bid. It can be done by a plan of arrangment or an amalgamation. I believe both require initially 66% plus votes to go through and the difference is the plan requires formal valuation and court involvement while the other does not. Looks like PW can get as much as 19% of that already...

techvisor likes this.
    11-04-13 12:28 PM
    I'm confident in the company, but not the market. I'll be waiting for lower if I decide to get back on board. If this is near the low, I don't mind missing out on it.
    I'll go back in if it hits $5 or less.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:30 PM
    Where is Mike Lazaridis in all of this? Qualcomm? Cerberus?
    Was this a fake pump??? This makes no sense whatsoever.
    Corbu and Korepab like this.
    11-04-13 12:33 PM
    Not only did he say he never backed out of a deal, he also said that if he could not get the money, he would get a loan. Turns out he disregarded that idea as soon as he said it...

Gesig Boek and anon(4086547) like this.
    11-04-13 12:36 PM
113,256 ... 21632164216521662167 ...