View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    More of a near de facto veto. It all depends on the offer. If after the initial period, a bidder gets, say 70%, there are 30% shares left. The 30% minority (which includes PW's 12%) can vote for a new deal by a majority (18%-12%) and he will get legally squeezed. However, all this makes it too expensive and uncertain for a bidder who is not prepared to pay a great premium to current SP or initial bid.

with his new lot of conv debt PW can at any time jump over the 10% limit by converting his debt into shares. so, once all of this is done PW will have a veto over any deal...
    11-04-13 09:14 AM
    The US is known for actively destabilizing foreign governments, I don't see why it's such a stretch that they'd be actively destabilizing foreign companies that operate contrary to their own foreign security policy.
    rarsen, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    11-04-13 09:14 AM
    Stock rebounds as investors realize shareholder dilution will never happen because stock will never break $10/share.

Jk

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 09:15 AM
    Prem is basically running the company now.
    11-04-13 09:16 AM
    The US is known for actively destabilizing foreign governments, I don't see why it's such a stretch that they'd be actively destabilizing foreign companies that operate contrary to their own foreign security policy.
    I'd be much more concerned about PW power grab here and for cheap. Maybe its PW and the US together.... Really?
    11-04-13 09:18 AM
    11-04-13 09:23 AM
    From Chris U. in the podcast (shortened):

Convertible debt financing is [...] selling a $billion debt to people who are investing in that debt (FF and a consortium of other buyers).
    BB will now have $3.x billion in cash and also $1bil of debt.
    These people get paid 6% and if the SP recovers above $10, they can convert the deb into equity.

Is there anything more a sign of confidence ?

Edit : much better with Chris words (and thoughts), right here : http://crackberry.com/prem-watsa-cou...illion-instead
    11-04-13 09:23 AM
    announce a friggin partnership.....im so tired of this stock

btw searching for new CEO...sculley??
    11-04-13 09:33 AM
    Prem Watsa tells Bloomberg there is no plan to break up the company
    11-04-13 09:34 AM
    oh, for the record, about one hour ago, I had this on my TW front page (no filter, no nothing, just TW world trend)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-04-13 09:37 AM
    oh, for the record, about one hour ago, I had this on my TW front page (no filter, no nothing, just TW world trend)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	518 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	217396
    Which really begs the question: Who really uses Twitter?
    Of all the billions of folks out there how many could possibly give a darn about TH or his exploits?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, abouthsu and bungaboy like this.
    11-04-13 09:41 AM
    Offtopic, but...what evidence do you have to say that?

BBM and BIS is open to some governments for "lawful access" -- the types of governments that like to check whether you chat about women driving, homosexuality, religion, or corruption.

You think the US does not or can't have a secret order from a secret court asking for similar access?

BES? What makes you sure the "random" keys generated are really "random." What makes you sure the NSA or CSIS (a minion of the NSA) do not have a mole in BBRY that feeds them the location and configuration of every BES server, traffic, etc.? Who are BBRY's favourite partners -- Telcos. The same telcos that had darkrooms siphoning traffic and meta data. There are more than one way to skin a cat, and if the end game is to create an illusion of security for a certain segment of society, then you can very well tolerate a "security leader" and you pick your battles as to how and when you get to use your ace of spades.

BBRY is secure from common hackers and criminals, not the US or CDN government...

techvisor likes this.
    11-04-13 09:42 AM
    "CEO" is also trending in the United Kingdom, which I found weird.
    11-04-13 09:42 AM
    [WARN] Personal Attacks or Insults to Members -*Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to either criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If your are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.[/WARN]
    11-04-13 09:43 AM
    Now who wants to say Bloogberg was spreading rumors?

I should always trust the market and bloogberg, damn it
    11-04-13 09:44 AM
    Now who wants to say Bloogberg was spreading rumors?

I should always trust the market and bloogberg, damn it
    There hasn't been, nor will there ever be, proof of anything that has been out over the last little while.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    11-04-13 09:47 AM
    The headline you won't see today:

CHINA AND CANADA INVEST IN BBRY TECHNOLOGY TO ENHANCE SECURITY AGAINST US SPYING EFFORTS
    11-04-13 09:52 AM
    Lol...little touchy are we?

Posted via CB10
    You must be misreading my intentions
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    Theories why none of the other companies mentioned have stepped in with a bid?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BBM and BIS is open to some governments for "lawful access" -- the types of governments that like to check whether you chat about women driving, homosexuality, religion, or corruption.

You think the US does not or can't have a secret order from a secret court asking for similar access?

BES? What makes you sure the "random" keys generated are really "random." What makes you sure the NSA or CSIS (a minion of the NSA) do not have a mole in BBRY that feeds them the location and configuration of every BES server, traffic, etc.? Who are BBRY's favourite partners -- Telcos. The same telcos that had darkrooms siphoning traffic and meta data. There are more than one way to skin a cat, and if the end game is to create an illusion of security for a certain segment of society, then you can very well tolerate a "security leader" and you pick your battles as to how and when you get to use your ace of spades.

BBRY is secure from common hackers and criminals, not the US or CDN government...
    Lawfull acces are granted on a "one action at the time" basis. It is way different than "record all then listen at will".
    BES keys are not "random"; they are chosen/built (even randomly, if that's what you mean) by enterprises on their own.
    Telcos partners can record everything they want, they'll record crypted content that will take ages to decrypt. Can do, but would be a very, VERY long process and would cost tons of $ (and computing power).
    BUT gov/agencies have many tools to spy and in fact, it'll be far more easier to use other ways to get the information they need.
    That's where we meet; they can know. But BES is certainly not their backdoor of choice. Far too complicated and expensive.
    Randeman, jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    11-04-13 09:53 AM
    This is the point where people pop in to say that they sold all of their BBRY and are out since there's no floor anymore - if there ever was one. If there's no plan to break up the company by selling the assets then this stock could easily go all the way to zero. PW owns $1B in BBRY debt, now which means he gets the first $1B if the company liquidates and the shareholders get what's left.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-04-13 09:53 AM

Agreed,

Anyone thinking the NSA does not have access to EVERYTHING on the BB servers is living in a world of denial!
    BergerKing, m1a1mg and techvisor like this.
    11-04-13 09:56 AM
    Theories why none of the other companies mentioned have stepped in with a bid?
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    I believe other companies weren't interested in BBRY as a whole. We read statements (rumors) that the committee has rejected offers for partial takeover. My opinion is that we may see some partnerships emerge pretty soon, especially in the Enterprise market. Add some free cash to the FF&Co loan and I'd be a happy camper. Add a BIG name and I'll sing after the fat lady
    morganplus8, Corbu, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    11-04-13 09:57 AM
    This is the point where people pop in to say that they sold all of their BBRY and are out since there's no floor anymore - if there ever was one. If there's no plan to break up the company by selling the assets then this stock could easily go all the way to zero. PW owns $1B in BBRY debt, now which means he gets the first $1B if the company liquidates and the shareholders get what's left.
    LOL, thanks for that! Prem has $ 250 million of the $ 1B in UNSECURED DEBT. He has zero claim to any assets.
    11-04-13 09:58 AM
    I was long and I will stand longer. That's what I say.
    Randeman, jxnb, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    11-04-13 09:58 AM
113,256 ... 21602161216221632164 ...