View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I got out just in time was watching like a hawk, sold at 8.20. Was in such a rush that I left some shares on table still lol.

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 likes this.
    11-04-13 07:41 AM
    That's rock'n'roll. Now ... action!
    dammn it.

I should know market is always right, now I really lost some good money on this turd.
    BlackBerry Receives Investment of U.S. $1 Billion from Fairfax Financial and Other Institutional Investors

Under the terms of the transaction, the Purchasers will subscribe for U.S. $1 billion aggregate principal amount of 6% unsecured subordinated convertible debentures (the "Debentures") convertible into common shares of BlackBerry at a price of U.S. $10.00 per common share (the "Transaction"), a 28.7% premium to the closing price of BlackBerry common shares on November 1, 2013. The Debentures have a term of seven years. Based on the number of common shares currently outstanding, if all of the U.S. $1 billion of Debentures were converted, the common shares issued upon conversion would represent approximately 16% of the common shares outstanding after giving effect to the conversion.

Does this make any sense??? Can someone comment?
    Yep, so much for not having any debt. $1B in debt will dwarf the cash position of BBRY by the end of the quarter. Brilliant move by Prem to continue ot try to salvage FF investment. He really twisted on this one and is still hanging on. Props to him, BIG thumbs down to the dumb a$$ BOD.... Sad, sad, sad.....
    Shanerredflag, Randeman and m0de25 like this.
    11-04-13 07:42 AM
    Please... Let's not spin it as Heins leaving after fulfilling role, he is being tossed out after failing on every measure of a CEO.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Sure. I bet you've got tons of experience managing your own Fortune 500 company to back that up.
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-04-13 07:43 AM
    dammn it.

I should know market is always right, now I really lost some good money on this turd.
    Perhaps not...welcome to the long play

Posted via CB10
    If Mike L is back in I wonder if Qualcom comes with him?

Posted via CB10
    If they do, it might be with Prem's convertible bond deal, great for them, terrible for BBRY shareholders.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    Ouch..... At least TH is out, no surprise there. Hopefully the entire Board resigns too. So much for being a debt free company too. Just ugly if this is true.
    Thorsten punted is the best news possible! Should have been done at the last ER.
    John S. Chen rumored as new C.E.O. Looking for bio

edit : advisor to private equity firm Silver Lake and on the Board of Directors at Wells Fargo
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-04-13 07:44 AM
    Sure. I bet you've got tons of experience managing your own Fortune 500 company to back that up.
    I don't think he wrong though. TH tenure can't be seen as anything other than a COMPLETE failure.
    m0de25, take99, m1a1mg and 1 others like this.
    Perhaps not...welcome to the long play

Posted via CB10
    May I suggest Perhaps not...welcome back to the long play
    News of the day: this thread is far from over !
    But, but Prems word was supposed to be gold! What happened?
    11-04-13 07:46 AM
    Not bad for BB as a company, Not so hot for the share holders hoping for a deal...
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-04-13 07:47 AM
    Yep, so much for not having any debt. $1B in debt will dwarf the cash position of BBRY by the end of the quarter. Brilliant move by Prem to continue ot try to salvage FF investment. He really twisted on this one and is still hanging on. Props to him, BIG thumbs down to the dumb a$$ BOD.... Sad, sad, sad.....
    This is not debt... it is a private placement. This will simply add to the share float
    John S. Chen appointed Interim CEO, Prem Watsa appointed Lead Director for BlackBerry

John S. Chen appointed Interim CEO, Prem Watsa appointed Lead Director for BlackBerry - BlackBerry Empire
    P.R here
    http://blackberryempire.com/blackber...nal-investors/
    oh gang ...
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    I agree. People harping on the positives of ousting Heins are ignoring the potential ramification of this financing. Not to mention what it says about the current state of then company's finances.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-04-13 07:48 AM
    dammn it.

That was a quick $500 I burned. Oh well.....
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    Stock down 18% in premarket trading to $6.33
    Stock down 18% in premarket trading to $6.33
    Really? Damn... Thanks for that. I hadn't known
    take99 likes this.
    11-04-13 07:50 AM
    I agree. People harping on the positives of ousting Heins are ignoring the potential ramification of this financing. Not to mention what it says about the current state of then company's finances.
    Think ya miss read that.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah because if a man shot himself in the head, you'd need to be a doctor to work out if he was dead. If he hasn't been a failure, why don't you list his successes...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    chr1sny, m1a1mg and techvisor like this.
    I may be dumb but I could not see why it is a bad news for the current BBRY share holders.
    Someone is willing to buy unsecured convertible note at $10 per shares for a total of $1 bil then it is equivalent to someone buys the common at $8.50 today for $1 bil.
    11-04-13 07:51 AM
    Agreed!

Going private would have been the easy way out, I want to see BBRY fight its way back like an underdog.

Also, a $1 billion direct investment does not equal $1 billion in immediate debt. IMHO they're being offered a line of credit from their major shareholders.
    11-04-13 07:52 AM
    The game continues, except that BB is now only pennies away from a 10 year low last seen in September 2003.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-04-13 07:53 AM
    Let's just get some kind of partnership deal done, partner with Facebook and let them use bbm, partner with Lenovo and let them use bb10 and build our phones. Let's get it done!

Go Jets go!
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-04-13 07:54 AM
113,251 ... 21562157215821592160 ...