View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    'Unassuming' ex-tennis pro hooks up NBA players with hot rides'

Conor Delaney works directly with athletes through his ever-buzzing BlackBerry. He could assemble an All-Star roster from contacts in his call history.
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...ith-hot-rides#
    11-03-13 08:54 AM
    What is going on bro?
    "Cross border" "Red Heads" "hot rides" etc. i can see the time change effects. More bed time.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-03-13 08:58 AM
    Gotta love how it went from reading an article saying they had a meeting to the next Facebook phone will be done by BlackBerry.

Taking it to a different angle, does anyone know if FB has any IP that would be useful to BB for the monetization of Channels? That could be yet another explanation as to the reason BB went to FB.
    Not to sure I would like anything to do with FB...it's losing favor fast with the young ones.

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy, sidhuk and CDM76 like this.
    11-03-13 09:04 AM
    Not to sure I would like anything to do with FB...it's losing favor fast with the young ones.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I'm not thinking a collaboration, just the use of IP.... well hoping anyway.
    11-03-13 09:07 AM
    FB already came out and said that BlackBerry is not a fit for it.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-03-13 09:49 AM
    This dismal (and early) ER was a set up for Prem to put in the bid. Prem did not want to bid too high as there is too much risk. Writing down 1B and then getting even 300M back from that, plus 500M in tax refund, almost as if it didn't happen. If it wasn't set up they would not have written off 1B so soon. The previous quarter they lost 70M. Now the media loves to throw around the "blackberry is losing billions and burning cash quickly and they will go bankrupt - they lost 1B last quarter". Let's just hope Prem makes good on that back door deal on Monday and starts the bids.
    Accounting rules tell them when they need to write down inventory and make other adjustments, I just don't believe the conspiracy theory and PW. You may turn out to be right, but if not, then there are perfectly legal and understandable why they did what they did. The entire Board and PW would have to be corrupt and outside accounting and law firms would also need to be part of the conspiracy. Could happen, but I still say no....for now....
    11-03-13 10:20 AM
    The CEO is supposed to run the company and the Board is supposed to look after shareholders interests. Barbara Stymiest is Chairman. At the last AGM she got the least number of votes for re-election.......anyone know why?
    Just look at the stock price under her "leadership" dismissal.
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-03-13 10:23 AM
    Guys. First third-party instagram app is out.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39884900

Igrann is still on its way.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 10:26 AM
    Stole this from another thread... Lots of BBMX branding all over the place.

Sky Sports F1 2013 17 Abu Dhabi GP Pre Race Sand Grand Prix YouTube - YouTube
    11-03-13 10:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    yeah, BB wouldn't want to talk to a company that is losing customers.
    but seriously, i can see FB being interested in BBM and integrate it with FB's chat feature.
    didn't BB set up BBM as a separate unit to get spun out at some point?
    11-03-13 10:46 AM
    FB already came out and said that BlackBerry is not a fit for it.

Posted via CB10
    FB lie too ya know!
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-03-13 11:18 AM
    Just look at the stock price under her "leadership" dismissal.
    I wouldn't even look "up her dress"!
    sidhuk and CDM76 like this.
    11-03-13 11:26 AM
    Yes, weren't there whole threads on the subject of how BBRY was staffing the BBM unit almost like an independent co....

yeah, BB wouldn't want to talk to a company that is losing customers.
    but seriously, i can see FB being interested in BBM and integrate it with FB's chat feature.
    didn't BB set up BBM as a separate unit to get spun out at some point?
    11-03-13 11:32 AM
    JLagoon!!

If we are to believe anything in this article regarding Lenovo, then think outside the box here and look at what could happen with a "Merger" of the two companies, not a takeover to be clear, BlackBerry could merge with Lenovo doing a share swap or some combination of cash and shares. A $ 5.0B influx of funds under merger agreements is a ton of money here. It would be far easier for these two companies to join together below the radar of all governments if they merged and kept their identities. So ignore all the comments regarding acquisitions in the definition above and see if you can see an outcome where Lenovo and BlackBerry join forces to take over the world. It's possible and this article claims that is in fact where they are headed. Did BB approach the Canadian government to review a possible merger of the two companies and ask how they can keep an arms-length distance between Lenovo and Enterprise?
    Hi Morgan:

I think, a merger of Lenovo and Blackberry could be good for Blackberry, if Lenovo plans to replace Windows mobile OS with BB10 OS, and integrates Blackberry into its corporate computer programs. This vertical integration will increase BB10 installation, and usage faster, than Blackberry can by itself.

What I don't quite get is its valuation of Blackberry. Why is it not around book value? And how would the result of this merger affect the SP given the valuation and the big difference of the market cap?

Thank you.
    Korepab, sidhuk, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    11-03-13 11:50 AM
    True, but sometimes the problem is that unless the US government government gets involved, one would never know what was legal or illegal because the legal and accounting firms are under pressure to rubber stamp whatever scheme is put foward or concocted.

The Conrad Black and Hollinger example is fresh. The same firm that is now advising BBRY -- Torys -- under pressure came up with the scheme to pay non-compete bonuses to Black and his buddies and told Black it was okay to hide them from shareholders...

Accounting rules tell them when they need to write down inventory and make other adjustments, I just don't believe the conspiracy theory and PW. You may turn out to be right, but if not, then there are perfectly legal and understandable why they did what they did. The entire Board and PW would have to be corrupt and outside accounting and law firms would also need to be part of the conspiracy. Could happen, but I still say no....for now....
    11-03-13 11:53 AM
    Hi Morgan:

I think, a merger of Lenovo and Blackberry could be good for Blackberry, if Lenovo plans to replace Windows mobile OS with BB10 OS, and integrates Blackberry into its corporate computer programs. This vertical integration will increase BB10 installation, and usage faster, than Blackberry can by itself.

What I don't quite get is its valuation of Blackberry. Why is it not around book value? And how would the result of this merger affect the SP given the valuation and the big difference of the market cap?

Thank you.
    Thanks JLagoon for entertaining this idea. The valuation is right sided when BlackBerry figures out how to have its cake and eat it too. They need to eliminate hardware costs and produce what consumers want and nothing more. If they can do this and add BB 10 to other hardware (think everything you said above) then BBRY stock price will reflect this. NOK is rallying hard now simply because they eliminated risk and turned everyone's attention to growth prospects. BB can do this too, they need to shift the risk to Lenovo and concentrate on Enterprise and BBM-X.

As far as how they achieve this, Lenovo would license patents from BB and build hardware for them exclusively. Lenovo gets paid in the long term and BB gets funds up front. Its a partnership with roots, they can merge through a third company and control of Enterprise would remain with the BlackBerry division. The BV for Lenovo is 10 X that of BlackBerry. And so you would multiply BBRY stock times 10 ($ 78.00/shr) to get a comparison of the hard assets less intangibles etc. re: Lenovo. The winner in this merger would clearly be BlackBerry assuming even a modest ratio of improvement in BV! Let's not confuse BV with gross asset value of each company here. Lenovo trades at a market cap of 3 X that of BBRY. This doesn't mean it is worth 3 X as much as BBRY! Lenovo has a BV of roughly 5 so you would divide that into their market cap to get roughly $ 2.4 B for BV. Lenovo trades at very high multiples to asset value (BV) and BBRY trades at a 50% discount to BV. A deal could be made were so many Lenovo shares are issued plus cash to own shares in the new company with BlackBerry still operating on its own. All of this adjustment will provide BBRY with comparable assets in the merge. In other words, Lenovo would not be getting a huge asset for nothing. In a merge the price of each stock means little and that is where BBRY would shine.

Today we see endless analysis about how BBRY is worth roughly what Prem wants to pay for it. How stupid is that? They get there be breaking up the current market cap into assets that equal that amount and call it a valuation analysis. They should look at all the assets and value that company as if it were Company "A" and not BBRY. Then the valuation approaches BV for BBRY. Leaving out their $ 1.4 B in Real Estate to suppress the valuation won't fly. Leaving out "Cash" and tax benefits is equally stupid. Even their handset business is worth a pretty penny when you produce only what consumers want. I'm sure that Lenovo is dying to do some kind of a deal with BlackBerry given their strong asset base. Can they afford to do it though, that is the question.
    11-03-13 12:32 PM
    Geez, are you guys really holding any BBRY stock?

1.We shareholder even do not have any firm offer yet, not a ******* single one.
    2. Lenovo is not going to make an offer, that article is just a repeat of old rumor, all it says is Lenova signed an agreement to check BBRY's book and got a $1.5B loan, which actually the CEO said was in other use in another article.

Blackberry is a dying company, if you do not see that, you are delusional. In US, I do not see anyone holding a bb phone right now, its marketing is dropping from 10% -> 4% -> 2% -> soon<1%. (It is out of top 10 already) http://www.gsmarena.com/counterpoint...-news-7114.php

Some fans talk about bbry goes back to its business root, but they do not know that most business software companies are in the United States too, that is exactly what happening here right now, most business software companies here are porting their windows client to iOS first( I personally did such a project), then they may consider Andriod, but by no ******* way they will even think about bb platform now. Why would some software company spends his resource to develop software for a company not even in the top 10 list while it does not even do it for Andriod?

How the hell can you go back to your business root if there is not business software running on your platform? It is just a wishful thinking.
    11-03-13 12:33 PM
    Just out of she curiosity, I'd like to understand what you meant by this. Referring to the bolded comment above, it "did more", what is it did you mean was accomplished?
    Support. I thought it was written just above...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-03-13 12:57 PM
    That's what I want to understand. How did this thread provide support for BlackBerry? Do you mean BlackBerry the company? What kind of support: financial support, moral support, other kind of support?

Also, can you explain how BlackBerry was supported with the money you spent buying BBRY stock?
    Maybe you've not met as many people in the company than I had the chance to. It is clearly the company I'm referring to, and girls and guys inside; real people, with flesh and blood. Not snakes, not jakhalls. People.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    11-03-13 01:07 PM
    A deal could be made were so many Lenovo shares are issued plus cash to own shares in the new company with BlackBerry still operating on its own.
    in that case, wouldn't the shorts have to cover?
    11-03-13 01:39 PM
    in that case, wouldn't the shorts have to cover?
    YES .............. around BV or better. We are asking for something approaching BV for the combined entities here.
    jxnb, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    11-03-13 01:44 PM
    What share price is BV? Are we excluding intangible items?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 02:01 PM
    BV = $17-18

What share price is BV? Are we excluding intangible items?

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_, jxnb, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    11-03-13 03:08 PM
    Geez, are you guys really holding any BBRY stock?

1.We shareholder even do not have any firm offer yet, not a ******* single one.
    2. Lenovo is not going to make an offer, that article is just a repeat of old rumor, all it says is Lenova signed an agreement to check BBRY's book and got a $1.5B loan, which actually the CEO said was in other use in another article.

Blackberry is a dying company, if you do not see that, you are delusional. In US, I do not see anyone holding a bb phone right now, its marketing is dropping from 10% -> 4% -> 2% -> soon<1%. (It is out of top 10 already) Counterpoint: Nokia climbs to 4th place in US smartphone market - GSMArena.com news

Some fans talk about bbry goes back to its business root, but they do not know that most business software companies are in the United States too, that is exactly what happening here right now, most business software companies here are porting their windows client to iOS first( I personally did such a project), then they may consider Andriod, but by no ******* way they will even think about bb platform now. Why would some software company spends his resource to develop software for a company not even in the top 10 list while it does not even do it for Andriod?

How the hell can you go back to your business root if there is not business software running on your platform? It is just a wishful thinking.
    you know you own shares right?
    perhaps you should have realized that before buying. but perhaps FF, Mikey, Qualcomm, FB and Lenovo could bail you out here tomorrow and over the coming weeks as the auction plays itself out.
    bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    11-03-13 03:42 PM
    Personally I'm fascinated by this whole thing...can't recall another instance where these tactics have been used.

The trolls can troll, the cheap shot wimps can shoot away but the coming weeks should be fascinating and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd, sidhuk, cjcampbell and 9 others like this.
    11-03-13 04:51 PM
113,256 ... 21522153215421552156 ...