View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Renewed evidence of Lenovo in the mix; Lenovo CEO confirmed this weekend they are actively looking to get into mobile.

BlackBerry ripe for takeover by Lenovo|Companies|chinadaily.com.cn
    Waterloo's BlackBerry Courted By Chinese - Forbes
    11-03-13 04:54 AM
    Renewed evidence of Lenovo in the mix; Lenovo CEO confirmed this weekend they are actively looking to get into mobile.

Waterloo's BlackBerry Courted By Chinese - Forbes
    Come on Lenovo, you can do better than $5 billion.
    11-03-13 05:00 AM

And I must say, gang, you've been pretty impressive in your supporting action, wherever the SP goes, our POV has been read more than two million times, and that alone did more than any multiple of $K we might have invested.

I hope one day, some eminent people, either here at CB or BlackBerry will at least acknowledge this and salute YOUR support.
    Just out of she curiosity, I'd like to understand what you meant by this. Referring to the bolded comment above, it "did more", what is it did you mean was accomplished?
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-03-13 05:52 AM
    Just out of she curiosity, I'd like to understand what you meant by this. Referring to the bolded comment above, it "did more", what is it did you mean was accomplished?
    I thought it conveyed pretty clearly that 'this thread itself provided more support for BlackBerry than the money that we spent on buying its stocks'?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:05 AM
    I thought it conveyed pretty clearly that 'this thread itself provided more support for BlackBerry than the money that we spent on buying its stocks'?
    That's what I want to understand. How did this thread provide support for BlackBerry? Do you mean BlackBerry the company? What kind of support: financial support, moral support, other kind of support?

Also, can you explain how BlackBerry was supported with the money you spent buying BBRY stock?
    anon(4086547) and trwrt like this.
    11-03-13 06:35 AM
    That's what I want to understand. How did this thread provide support for BlackBerry? Do you mean BlackBerry the company? What kind of support: financial support, moral support, other kind of support?

Also, can you explain how BlackBerry was supported with the money you spent buying BBRY stock?
    I thought it started clearly - '2 million views'.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 07:09 AM
    November 1, 2013, 1:58 P.M. ET
    BlackBerry: Dwindling Support for Share Price as Monday Looms for Fairfax, Says FBR

By Tiernan Ray

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are down 11 cents, or 1.5%, at $7.81, after FBR Capital Markets’s Scott Thompson today reiterated an Underperform rating on the shares, and cut his price target to $6.50 from $8, writing that chances seem to be dimming for a deal to take the company private, or for an acquirer to step in, thus reducing support for the shares.

You’ll recall the company announced September 23rd that its largest shareholder, Fairfax Financial Holdings, would lead a buyout at $9 per share. There followed substantial skepticism about the deal from the Street, though Fairfax reiterated its confidence in the deal, and a multitude of rumors of possible suitors, including Lenovo Group (0992HK), Cerberus Capital Management, according to one report, and, just Wednesday, Facebook (FB).

Monday is the day the period of due diligence ends for Fairfax, and he sees that as a negative given there’s been very little development from Fairfax or any suitor:

Since the announcement on September 23, investors have received little concrete evidence verifying Fairfax’s intent. In the meantime, there has been a stream of press announcements from potential suitors, despite any details on a consortium’s ability to secure financing or terms of a definitive agreement. Press news of engagement with multiple tech companies in search of an “expression of interest” makes us question the level of confidence BlackBerry may have in executing an attractive offer with Fairfax. Given the high levels of uncertainty as the Fairfax deadline quickly approaches, we believe BBRY shares may soon lose their floor and trade at levels closer to what we believe to be the company’s true fundamental value of ~$5/share.

Thompson thinks the cash situation is growing more serious for the company while it awaits its fate:

Although it had $2.3B in cash as of F2Q14, the company had sizable off-balance-sheet commitments to suppliers, of $3.1B, all due in less than 12 months. BlackBerry has also burned $524M in cash last quarter, and we expect it to continue to deplete cash at a rate of ~$200M per quarter, driven by deteriorating earnings and recurring licensing payments.

One cure he thinks the company might pursue is shutting down its handset operations and becoming “a software and services company.”
    ==========================================
    *****$3.1 bil in commitments to suppliers due within 12 months--very interesting*****
    11-03-13 07:12 AM
    Australian Transport Safety Bureau upgrades BlackBerry smartphones, migrates to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 for top security and productivity

Australian Transport Safety Bureau upgrades BlackBerry smartphones, migrates to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 for top security and productivity - WhaTech
    11-03-13 07:13 AM
    I thought it started clearly - '2 million views'.
    And how exactly does this 2 million views translate to support of BlackBerry?
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-03-13 07:15 AM
    And how exactly does this 2 million views translate to support of BlackBerry?
    I guess the same way that companies spend millions on TV ads?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 07:25 AM
    OK, enough with feeding the trolls, back to the topic at hand.
    What about trading on Monday if FF waits till the end of the day to come out with news. How could BB be trading with all the rumors flying around?
    It will be a madhouse...
    11-03-13 07:43 AM
    11-03-13 07:43 AM
    Having a "well viewed" discussion about Blackberry *is* supporting the company in the sense that it keeps the brand active, and therefore relevant... As opposed to relegating it into the indifference pile. Simple as that.

2 million views is nothing to scoff at even in this day and age.
    11-03-13 07:44 AM
    The CEO is supposed to run the company and the Board is supposed to look after shareholders interests. Barbara Stymiest is Chairman. At the last AGM she got the least number of votes for re-election.......anyone know why?
    11-03-13 07:52 AM
    The CEO is supposed to run the company and the Board is supposed to look after shareholders interests. Barbara Stymiest is Chairman. At the last AGM she got the least number of votes for re-election.......anyone know why?
    Is she a "Redhead"? LoL
    sidhuk and Randeman like this.
    11-03-13 08:02 AM
    ......anyone know why?
    Shoe envy.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 08:04 AM
    Having a "well viewed" discussion about Blackberry *is* supporting the company in the sense that it keeps the brand active, and therefore relevant... As opposed to relegating it into the indifference pile. Simple as that.

2 million views is nothing to scoff at even in this day and age.
    Yup. Maybe things have changed, but according to my undergrad class on marketing, the objective of an ad is to provide awareness. An example shown to the class was 'Nike, be like Mike!" It didn't try to convince me to buy anything, but I still remember it today and am reminded of it every time I walk into a shoe store. Needless to say, I do have a few Nike sneakers. LOL
    The very least that this thread has done, I believe, is providing awareness to the people who viewed it.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 08:10 AM
    Come on Lenovo, you can do better than $5 billion.

JLagoon!!

As unlikely "to occur" as these articles are, this one uses one word that sets it apart from all the other "pure speculation" of countless other articles.

But before we explore that word, let's look at the fantasy that is Forbes and this site above, Lenovo has cash on hand of $ 3.5 B as of the end of their reporting period, they borrowed $ 1.5 B as a line od credit leaving them with the same amount of money on hand to do a $ 9.00/shr deal like Prem, so we have to conclude they want to buy BBRY. Oh boy.

Now, the wording is the fun part:

Lenovo Group Ltd will "actively consider" acquisitions in the mobile consumer electronics industry, said Yang Yuanqing, chairman and chief executive officer of the world's largest personal computer maker.

Yang's remarks came amid reports that the Chinese company is in talks with embattled BlackBerry Ltd on a merger possibly worth $4.7 billion.

Definition of Mergers and Reverse Takeovers:
    Mergers and acquisitions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If we are to believe anything in this article regarding Lenovo, then think outside the box here and look at what could happen with a "Merger" of the two companies, not a takeover to be clear, BlackBerry could merge with Lenovo doing a share swap or some combination of cash and shares. A $ 5.0B influx of funds under merger agreements is a ton of money here. It would be far easier for these two companies to join together below the radar of all governments if they merged and kept their identities. So ignore all the comments regarding acquisitions in the definition above and see if you can see an outcome where Lenovo and BlackBerry join forces to take over the world. It's possible and this article claims that is in fact where they are headed. Did BB approach the Canadian government to review a possible merger of the two companies and ask how they can keep an arms-length distance between Lenovo and Enterprise?
    11-03-13 08:19 AM
    As amusing as it may be, feeding time has been curtailed, let's not go looking for trouble.
    rarsen, cjcampbell, m0de25 and 9 others like this.
    11-03-13 08:21 AM
    [B]

If we are to believe anything in this article regarding Lenovo, then think outside the box here and look at what could happen with a "Merger" of the two companies, not a takeover to be clear, BlackBerry could merge with Lenovo doing a share swap or some combination of cash and shares. A $ 5.0B influx of funds under merger agreements is a ton of money here. It would be far easier for these two companies to join together below the radar of all governments if they merged and kept their identities. So ignore all the comments regarding acquisitions in the definition above and see if you can see an outcome where Lenovo and BlackBerry join forces to take over the world. It's possible and this article claims that is in fact where they are headed. Did BB approach the Canadian government to review a possible merger of the two companies and ask how they can keep an arms-length distance between Lenovo and Enterprise?
    LOL..... I was thinking exactly the same, including the government meeting.
    What an exciting week this is going to be...

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 08:28 AM
    Dang ...lol.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-03-13 08:29 AM
    11-03-13 08:42 AM
    And the Famous get . . . .

VIPs can also expect to get their hands on a ready to use BlackBerry from the latest range of BlackBerry 10 smartphones, including the recently launched BlackBerry Z30 and the gold and white BlackBerry Q10 Special Edition handsets.
    A special lounge is offering celebrities at the Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix everything they need to be red-carpet ready | 7 Days Dubai
    11-03-13 08:43 AM
    Gotta love how it went from reading an article saying they had a meeting to the next Facebook phone will be done by BlackBerry.

Taking it to a different angle, does anyone know if FB has any IP that would be useful to BB for the monetization of Channels? That could be yet another explanation as to the reason BB went to FB.
    11-03-13 08:48 AM
    Is she a "Redhead"? LoL
    Did you mean "that" Redhead? Lol
    Moment i hear this word, i start imagining "the one who fights the "roosters" ". Most fighter Roosters are red head.
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    11-03-13 08:51 AM
113,250 ... 21512152215321542155 ...