View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Does it make you feel better about yourself to put down others?
    Putting people down? Off the high horse please. So many here have been pushing the "BBRY is going up up up" agenda - with analysis to boot - and some here have bought the stock because of it. And some still can't see the forest from the trees and CONTINUE to pump it up and up. The short sellers - a practice I personally abhor - are blamed for many of BBRY's ills, yet continuing to pump it up is deemed a good deed. Really.

Wait until Monday. See what you will get for your shares. Then, I guess, the pump and dump can stop.

Or will the stock hit $20?
    techvisor, sentimentGX4 and mset like this.
    11-02-13 12:40 PM
    Does it make you feel better about yourself to put down others?
    It's either that.. or taking headshots of himself:

njblackberry - BlackPlanet.com

He's got some great stuff on there. I personally love his quote "long time but whats up ladies".

Or this one: "I TRIED PLANNING MY FUTURE BUT HOW DO YOU PLAN SOMETHING THATS ALREADY PLANNED #DESTINY"

I'm just waiting for something to happen that has already been planned. Don't blame us, blame destiny!!!
    silversun10 likes this.
    11-02-13 12:45 PM
    Putting people down? Off the high horse please. So many here have been pushing the "BBRY is going up up up" agenda - with analysis to boot - and some here have bought the stock because of it. And some still can't see the forest from the trees and CONTINUE to pump it up and up. The short sellers - a practice I personally abhor - are blamed for many of BBRY's ills, yet continuing to pump it up is deemed a good deed. Really.

Wait until Monday. See what you will get for your shares. Then, I guess, the pump and dump can stop.

Your history here on this thread, and many others, has not been of "participation" but of ridicule and of talking from your own high horse. Anyone here who is buying is doing so of their own free will and it is not because of what's being posted here. Frankly, I've thought about getting back in the ring but have not decided to as of yet. Time will tell. I did learn a lesson from my BBRY investment and that is patience. What IS going on here is discussion of possibilities, not implied as facts.

Now, if you don't like what you read here, and know full well the participants here don't like what you have to say, play in a sandbox that welcomes you.... if you can indeed find one, for you don't add anything to this thread other than calling the participants blind pumpers.
    11-02-13 12:50 PM
    I don't think they are interested as they got into Tizen in 2011. That is why the Qualcomm interest seems beneficial as it will put them on even ground with their competitor Intel as far as offerings go.
    I remember reading awhile back there we delays on Tizen ( as expected ) and Sammy maybe losing interest...not sure if true or not but could just be from too many things I read. Besides how many more years it would take to get it out and how many more to get it stable....we already experienced that with BB 10 and see how that turned out.

With the stability of 10.2 now, and a handful of user base ( 50 to 70 million BB users , sorry I lost count ) that would be a compelling reason, I think.

Also who knows, they may just put up a bid just enough to game it, similar to what Google did to the spectrum auction in the US. The result would be making it more expensive for the bidders who really want BB.
    11-02-13 12:50 PM
    I remember reading awhile back there we delays on Tizen ( as expected ) and Sammy maybe losing interest...not sure if true or not but could just be from too many things I read. Besides how many more years it would take to get it out and how many more to get it stable....we already experienced that with BB 10 and see how that turned out.

With the stability of 10.2 now, and a handful of user base ( 50 to 70 million BB users , sorry I lost count ) that would be a compelling reason, I think.

Also who knows, they may just put up a bid just enough to game it, similar to what Google did to the spectrum auction in the US. The result would be making it more expensive for the bidders who really want BB.
    Well anything is possible I personally don't think they'd jump in the ring but I've been wrong before. lol
    La Emperor likes this.
    11-02-13 01:10 PM
    I don't think they are interested as they got into Tizen in 2011. That is why the Qualcomm interest seems beneficial as it will put them on even ground with their competitor Intel as far as offerings go.
    Right.

I do not think intel/QCOM have any interesting to buy BBRY as a whole anyway, zero chance, nobody wants to get into the hardware business which is too competitive right now, even google/MSFT could not fight against Apple/Samsung right now.

But it makes perfect sense for them to just throw 1Billion offshore money to join a bid with others like Mike L/Cerberus, at worst, they lose about 650M(35% tax if they take the money home).
    11-02-13 01:29 PM

I agree with you on this. There are some pumpers in this thread for sure, but I can understand that since this is a bbry fan site.

I got attacked by several fans too, but I guess it would hard to argue vs. a fan on stock trading.

Anyway, on Monday(or at most Tuesday) we will see what happens.
    11-02-13 01:34 PM
    I feel we're being f'ed by Prem.

Chances are high that Mike and his consortium will outbid Prem. So if Prem formalizes his offer by Monday 5pm, he'll get 50 cents per share lowering his average cost by a LOT. How much would he need to break-even? 11-12 dollars?

What exactly has he done for us? Has it provided a floor for the stock? No. Has he stuck his neck out for the past 6 weeks with his 'letter of intent'? No.

I wonder what's next? BoD support a bid from Mike and promise him 50 cents per share in case there's a counterbid?

That way all the major shareholders can be happy, and TH can claim his 50 million dollar bonus.

Arrghhh!!!

Posted via CB10
    If you want to blame someone, you should put all the blames on the CEO and other mgmt.
    When BBRY preannounced their last ER, if PW did not put his offer, the stock will drop back to 6-7 quickly, (it was 8.23 on Friday close with huge volume, if PW did not disclose his offer the next Monday, it surely would continue to go down, remember on May ER it first dropped to 11, then slowly dropped to $8- $9 in another 2 weeks)
    and I do not think anyone else would put a bid right after BBRY made the announcement. If BBRY drops to 6, then even later someone put a 50% premium bid, the price is still just $9.

So PW did put a good floor for bbry stock and he did deserve the breakup fee.

If shareholders want to play the blame game, then it is all on the management team, or it is just BBRY product is not competitive at all.
    11-02-13 01:38 PM
    On a Miley kick... lol. This is not a musical break but damn impressive if you ask me...

MILEY CYRUS SKATEBOARDING - YouTube
    11-02-13 01:46 PM
    If you want to blame someone, you should put all the blames on the CEO and other mgmt.
    When BBRY preannounced their last ER, if PW did not put his offer, the stock will drop back to 6-7 quickly, (it was 8.23 on Friday close with huge volume, if PW did not disclose his offer the next Monday, it surely would continue to go down, remember on May ER it first dropped to 11, then slowly dropped to $8- $9 in another 2 weeks)
    and I do not think anyone else would put a bid right after BBRY made the announcement. If BBRY drops to 6, then even later someone put a 50% premium bid, the price is still just $9.

So PW did put a good floor for bbry stock and he did deserve the breakup fee.

If shareholders want to play the blame game, then it is all on the management team, or it is just BBRY product is not competitive at all.
    Bbry has a CEO? Who is it? I remember a guy with a strong accent but he vanished without a trace a few months ago...

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    11-02-13 01:55 PM
    ( 50 to 70 million BB users , sorry I lost count ).
    Make it 60+20 = 80 million active BBM users, last count we had

edited: sorry, should read better.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-02-13 at 02:25 PM.
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-02-13 02:02 PM
    Make it 60+20 = 80 million active users, last count we had
    That's BBM users... I'd be curious to know the current BBOS/BB10 user count. Of course we'll probably never know but it would be interesting.... even if it's a bad number.
    11-02-13 02:09 PM
    Why has no one stepped up yet?
    poker game : Poker Betting Lesson - How to Bet in Poker - Betting Examples
    Robert Halloran and Corbu like this.
    11-02-13 02:24 PM
    That's BBM users... I'd be curious to know the current BBOS/BB10 user count. Of course we'll probably never know but it would be interesting.... even if it's a bad number.
    ooops, my bad, sorry guys (and LAE). I'll edit it.
    11-02-13 02:25 PM
    I like the reference to poker because it certainly seems a bit like that to me at this point in time.
    Prem is supposed to be hosting the game but will he even show up? The latest rumors are that he will be a no show at the table. Whether we like it or not, these rumors are too often true.
    There are certainly other people interested in playing the game but at this point they are just standing around the table with no one pulling out a chair.
    The poker game will start as soon as the first person grabs a chair.
    The situation may get worse before it gets better. What if Prem is a no show? Where does the SP go? Do the other players grab a chair or do they stand back and continue to bluff?
    I just want to see someone anti up so the game gets started but it may not happen as soon as we would like.
    My dream scenario at this point is that the game will start with a few bids in the 10-12 range and then FB steps in and takes the game at 15 -17.
    Wishing us all luck on Monday!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 03:28 PM
    It's either that.. or taking headshots of himself:

njblackberry - BlackPlanet.com

He's got some great stuff on there. I personally love his quote "long time but whats up ladies".

Or this one: "I TRIED PLANNING MY FUTURE BUT HOW DO YOU PLAN SOMETHING THATS ALREADY PLANNED #DESTINY"

I'm just waiting for something to happen that has already been planned. Don't blame us, blame destiny!!!
    Except that isn't me.. But if you feel better about it.
    11-02-13 03:37 PM
    I like the reference to poker because it certainly seems a bit like that to me at this point in time.
    Prem is supposed to be hosting the game but will he even show up? The latest rumors are that he will be a no show at the table. Whether we like it or not, these rumors are too often true.
    There are certainly other people interested in playing the game but at this point they are just standing around the table with no one pulling out a chair.
    The situation may get worse before it gets better. What if Prem is a no show? Where does the SP go? Do the other players grab a chair or do they stand back and continue to bluff?
    I just want to see someone anti up so the game gets started but it may not happen as soon as we would like.
    My dream scenario at this point is that the game will start with a few bids in the 10-12 range and then FB steps in and takes the game at 15 -17.

Posted via CB10
    Prem has very publicly stated he is good for the deal. You don't get better insider info than that. Does Bloomberg or Reuters have better insider sources besides Prem?
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    11-02-13 04:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    I been wrong many times, however my gut and heart still tells me I don't doubt the future value of BB is beyond any one of us can imagine to not only become a profitable yet a very competitive business in the technology space. As to how long that will take, no one knows but one thing for certain is they need to get back to business and start focusing on their new products and compete instead of wasting time and lose the momentum on their new products such as Z30, XBBM which i think is still very marketable. As for SP itself, I do not have high hopes but i'm hopeful for at least a decent outcome that would benefit not just the company but also to those who invested in BBRY to gain or recovery some of their losses. While its exciting in some ways that there is hope and opportunities for a better outcome, I can only wish you all GL as I really want things to start moving or conclude in some ways as it is very draining mentally to keep up.
    rarsen, Randeman, fedakd and 2 others like this.
    11-02-13 04:28 PM
    I feel we're being f'ed by Prem.

Chances are high that Mike and his consortium will outbid Prem. So if Prem formalizes his offer by Monday 5pm, he'll get 50 cents per share lowering his average cost by a LOT. How much would he need to break-even? 11-12 dollars?

What exactly has he done for us? Has it provided a floor for the stock? No. Has he stuck his neck out for the past 6 weeks with his 'letter of intent'? No.

I wonder what's next? BoD support a bid from Mike and promise him 50 cents per share in case there's a counterbid?

That way all the major shareholders can be happy, and TH can claim his 50 million dollar bonus.

Arrghhh!!!

Posted via CB10
    I think you have too short a memory, without his bid and the dismal ER we had, bbry may have never recovered. Ok maybe a bit dramatic but not that far off base. On another note, a team from Quebec came down to play my daughters soccer team so I spent the afternoon with some guests from up north. They were shocked I had a new BlackBerry phone.

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_ likes this.
    11-02-13 05:52 PM
    But were delighted to see you pop and disappear every time (late, btw) some negative spin is in the air. Keep the good work.

Posted via CB10
    It's all negative spin right? You and your ilk have a great track record so far with this stock. Keep up the pumping! The longs views are no more grounded in fact or reality than the shorts except the shorts have a demonstrable record of being right more often than the longs. Don't be mad because some want to call out the double standard that exists around here.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-02-13 07:27 PM
    This just came out Lenova wants to aquire for 5 Billion. How much is that in regards to SP?

Waterloo's BlackBerry Courted By Chinese - Forbes
    11-02-13 10:59 PM
    This just came out Lenova wants to aquire for 5 Billion. How much is that in regards to SP?

Waterloo's BlackBerry Courted By Chinese - Forbes
    Divide by the number of shares (514.61M) = $9.71 / sh

But reading the article it further details that number is 4.7B - same as Prem, at around $9 / sh
    11-02-13 11:09 PM
    I think you have too short a memory, without his bid and the dismal ER we had, bbry may have never recovered. Ok maybe a bit dramatic but not that far off base. On another note, a team from Quebec came down to play my daughters soccer team so I spent the afternoon with some guests from up north. They were shocked I had a new BlackBerry phone.

Posted via CB10
    This dismal (and early) ER was a set up for Prem to put in the bid. Prem did not want to bid too high as there is too much risk. Writing down 1B and then getting even 300M back from that, plus 500M in tax refund, almost as if it didn't happen. If it wasn't set up they would not have written off 1B so soon. The previous quarter they lost 70M. Now the media loves to throw around the "blackberry is losing billions and burning cash quickly and they will go bankrupt - they lost 1B last quarter". Let's just hope Prem makes good on that back door deal on Monday and starts the bids.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    11-02-13 11:56 PM
    Now the media loves to throw around the "blackberry is losing billions and burning cash quickly and they will go bankrupt - they lost 1B last quarter".
    Do you think that maybe the reason the media loves to throw that around is because it's been more or less true?

No? Oh, okay. Carry on.
    11-03-13 02:35 AM
    It's all negative spin right? You and your ilk have a great track record so far with this stock. Keep up the pumping! The longs views are no more grounded in fact or reality than the shorts except the shorts have a demonstrable record of being right more often than the longs. Don't be mad because some want to call out the double standard that exists around here.
    That's your point of view, pointing in a direction witch is clearly nor the thread mood, nor what I still believe possible at the end. While ironic, my "keep the good work" was intended to invite you going on on elaborating on your POV, not only spread easy "I told you, I am (or shorts are) smarter than you"-like statements. I'm not writing this to fight, I gave up fighting months ago and I don't even pretend I'm right.

There's a bunch of scenarios that can happen in the very near future, including the simplest one: going private won't happen.
    I'm still in the perspective of an alliance (partnership, spin-off, equity partner, holding) scenario and the latest events makes me stand alike.

In that perspective, I see no reason to throw even our craziest hopes in the toilet. While a $100 party may be very optimistic in the original time frame, seeing the SP back to a fair value, above SP is far from fantasy.

You are right: no one really knows. And also, shorts did make much more profit than us. But remember: this has NEVER been my first goal here.

And I must say, gang, you've been pretty impressive in your supporting action, wherever the SP goes, our POV has been read more than two million times, and that alone did more than any multiple of $K we might have invested.

I hope one day, some eminent people, either here at CB or BlackBerry will at least acknowledge this and salute YOUR support. I deserve nothing as an individual, let's make it clear: WE are the StockBerrians and the fact I did start this thread is nothing but accidental.

Sorry for the quite "lyrical" tune here, but just before one of the most important day in BlackBerry history, I thought it was appropriate.

Have a nice Sunday and... let's enjoy Monday !
    Cheers
    SF

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-03-13 at 04:04 AM.
    11-03-13 03:50 AM
113,256 ... 21502151215221532154 ...