View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey Super. To fix the CB10 app, just delete it, then reinstall it. This fixed it for me. Found this in a forum a few days ago.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks but tried it already, with no luck.
    May be due to 10.2 and Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:12 AM
    Longs seem to think Prem will make good on his 9 dollar LOI. It will be interesting to see if the longs can buck the trend of being consistently wrong with their predictions.
    11-02-13 08:13 AM
    Longs seem to think Prem will make good on his 9 dollar LOI. It will be interesting to see if the longs can buck the trend of being consistently wrong with their predictions.
    But were delighted to see you pop and disappear every time (late, btw) some negative spin is in the air. Keep the good work.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:41 AM
    This is getting really interesting!
    Mikey could dangle the Quantum computing carrot to entice Qualcomm.

Posted via CB10
    Haha.. I said the same thing in another thread.
    11-02-13 08:49 AM
    Don't know if anyone caught it last night but on CTV at 11:40 PM Prem was interviewed and when asked about the purchase of BlackBerry, he said Fairfax has $ 7.2 Billion bucks and he saw no reason why he wouldn't complete the deal. It is the media that twists things, he probably didn't like the terms of the banks given the fact that he is his own bank. Just because he doesn't need their loans doesn't automatically mean he can't pay cash for the company himself. He also made it clear that if they couldn't get financing via an LBO from others, he would bridge loan the purchase using BBRY cash and finance it himself. So are there any of you out there who think he will give up the chance to collect $ .50/shr when others step up to counter bid on BBRY on Monday? Discuss.
    11-02-13 09:47 AM
    Lenovo is in play?

BlackBerry ripe for takeover by Lenovo
    English.news.cn 2013-11-02 13:09:17 RSS Feedback Print Copy URL More
    By Gao Yuan

BEIJING, Nov. 2 (Xinhuanet) -- Lenovo Group Ltd will "actively consider" acquisitions in the mobile consumer electronics industry, said Yang Yuanqing, chairman and chief executive officer of the world's largest personal computer maker.

Yang's remarks came amid reports that the Chinese company is in talks with embattled BlackBerry Ltd on a merger possibly worth 4.7 billion U.S. dollars.

"Mergers and acquisitions are always useful tools for us to expand business into new markets, and we are open to deals that can boost our business," the CEO said on Friday.

Lenovo, headquartered in Beijing, has long been rumored to be an active bidder for BlackBerry, which has been losing ground to Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd in the high-end smartphone sector.

In mid-October, The Wall Street Journal reported that Lenovo signed a nondisclosure deal to examine the books of the Canadian smartphone maker, which could pave the way for a possible acquisition.

The Chinese company is borrowing roughly 1.5 billion U.S. dollars from banks for the deal, Reuters said.

"We have to prepare enough fodder for the next move," Yang told reporters. But he refused to confirm the BlackBerry bid.

Other potential suitors are said to include Google Inc, SAP AG and Facebook Inc.

"BlackBerry's patents and channel partner resources are valuable assets for Lenovo," said James Wang, a Shanghai-based analyst at research firm Canalys.

Telecom operators are the biggest smartphone sellers in developed economies, and Lenovo needs such resources if it wants to enter US and European markets, according to Wang.

Lenovo will make its way to developed markets by 2015 after it enters such emerging economies as Russia, Brazil and Southeast Asia, Yang said.

The company is the second-largest smartphone vendor in China after Samsung. It also enjoys about 10 percent of market share in Southeast Asian countries.

Smartphones and tablets are the weapons Lenovo will use to advance into the United States and the European Union.

The company plans to sell at least 10 million tablets in the fiscal year that ends next March.

Its tablet shipments the previous fiscal year totaled 1 million.

"Smartphones and tablets are both profitable at the moment, and we will constantly be looking at ways to expand our business," said Yang.

The company also launched an assembly plant in the central city of Wuhan, Hubei province. Annual mobile device shipments from the plant are estimated to reach 100 million.

Liu Jun, the Lenovo senior vice-president who heads its consumer product unit, said strong delivery power will help the company sell its products at a better price, which will help gain more customers at the lower end of the market.
    11-02-13 09:56 AM
    I have to say... this Qualcomm deal, IF true, is the only one of the rumoured options that has truly gotten me excited throughout this whole process. All the rest have either been outright scary for the future of BB or simply a "meh" kind of reaction with a mix of positive and negative. BB could benefit from getting the latest and greatest chipsets for "cost" so not having to worry about bottom line cost of the handsets, and the tech that Qualcomm has been working on, which looks to be pretty impressive at first glance. Qualcomm would get the patents, a fantastic OS to compete with Intel and their involvement with Tizen, and, as Plasmid said, a ground floor access to the tech coming out of ML's quantum computing. This partnership, again IF it is true and goes forward, could vault both companies for years to come.
    11-02-13 10:00 AM
    Don't misconstrue what he said at 1:24 minutes of video:

CTV Kitchener: Down to the wire | CTV News

He pointed out Fairfax's cash position $7.2B of which 30% is available to take advantage of opportunities but he said, he cannot comment on BlackBerry bid deal.

Not sure why people are excited about $9 / share offer. I would be more excited by Lazaridis / Fregin / Cerberus / Qualcomm deal at higher than $9. Let's hope Watsa gets out maneuvered.

Don't know if anyone caught it last night but on CTV at 11:40 PM Prem was interviewed and when asked about the purchase of BlackBerry, he said Fairfax has $ 7.2 Billion bucks and he saw no reason why he wouldn't complete the deal. It is the media that twists things, he probably didn't like the terms of the banks given the fact that he is his own bank. Just because he doesn't need their loans doesn't automatically mean he can't pay cash for the company himself. He also made it clear that if they couldn't get financing via an LBO from others, he would bridge loan the purchase using BBRY cash and finance it himself. So are there any of you out there who think he will give up the chance to collect $ .50/shr when others step up to counter bid on BBRY on Monday? Discuss.
    Randeman, rarsen and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-02-13 10:12 AM
    Morgan,

Couldn't agree more with your case. What I wonder though, is what if there is another firm (and better) bid on the table from another suitor on Monday. Will Prem still get the $0.50?

Things are certainly heating up here!!!!!
    11-02-13 10:15 AM
    Don't misconstrue what he said at 1:24 minutes of video:

CTV Kitchener: Down to the wire | CTV News

He pointed out Fairfax's cash position $7.2B of which 30% is available to take advantage of opportunities but he said, he cannot comment on BlackBerry bid deal.

Not sure why people are excited about $9 / share offer. I would be more excited by Lazaridis / Fregin / Cerberus / Qualcomm deal at higher than $9. Let's hope Watsa gets out maneuvered.
    I don't think PW plans on raising his bid if others raise him. I think he's just putting in a floor and following through on his word. If he doesn't follow through, his reputation goes out the window and will hurt him in future dealings of this nature.
    11-02-13 10:19 AM
    Morgan,

Couldn't agree more with your case. What I wonder though, is what if there is another firm (and better) bid on the table from another suitor on Monday. Will Prem still get the $0.50?

I believe, and don't take this as fact, but if a bid gets in before Prem firms up his offer, then they will only have to pay the smaller amount. The latter would be once he firms up the offer to a real bid. Like I said earlier though, I don't really think a suitor in this game will care about that as it's only an extra $130 million or so. Any bid higher would likely be for more than that anyway, and if there are, in fact, a few that would like to get in the ring, it will easily go higher still.
    11-02-13 10:24 AM
    Morgan,

If Prem goes through with a firm offer he is entitled to the $ .50/shr breakup fee. He won't let that slip away as it protects his investment in BBRY. I don't think he will counter any other bid, with the $ 262 million, he is basically back to square one on the investment knowing that several other bidders are lining up to take the company. I look for him to do his part and firm his offer, then he can sit back and watch others scramble to purchase BBRY knowing that anything above $ 12.00/shr is a profit for him. Very smart man here. He does get $ .30/shr if Mike L bids prior to Prem firming his purchase of the company. BB has to approve of Mike's bid and time is running out. At what point does the board favour Mike or others? We don't know what the magic number is but I think Mike wants BV. This is really going to be exciting stuff in the next few days. We haven't even considered big money or partnerships so there is plenty to be pumped about.

As for the comment, you need to listen to his previous comments and then realize he has the $ 2.1 Billion (30% of $ 7.2 B) ready to go to complete the $ 9.00/shr offer, He only needs $ 1.63B to complete the financing himself. That's nothing and well under his $ 2.1 B in cash on hand. Further more, he is looking at getting an additional $ 262 M should someone try to upset his bid. So that's $ 5.00/shr to him just for protecting his position. He can't afford not to complete his offer. Like I said, he has no choice but to make a formal offer here. We know he can borrow a billion just on the real estate assets so his money won't be tied up long here. It's a no brainer for him.
    11-02-13 10:42 AM
    If Prem goes through with a firm offer he is entitled to the $ .50/shr breakup fee. He won't let that slip away as it protects his investment in BBRY. I don't think he will counter any other bid, with the $ 262 million, he is basically back to square one on the investment knowing that several other bidders are lining up to take the company. I look for him to do his part and firm his offer, then he can sit back and watch others scramble to purchase BBRY knowing that anything above $ 12.00/shr is a profit for him. Very smart man here. He does get $ .30/shr if Mike L bids prior to Prem firming his purchase of the company. BB has to approve of Mike's bid and time is running out. At what point does the board favour Mike or others? We don't know what the magic number is but I think Mike wants BV. This is really going to be exciting stuff in the next few days. We haven't even considered big money or partnerships so there is plenty to be pumped about.

As for the comment, you need to listen to his previous comments and then realize he has the $ 2.1 Billion (30% of $ 7.2 B) ready to go to complete the $ 9.00/shr offer, He only needs $ 1.63B to complete the financing himself. That's nothing and well under his $ 2.1 B in cash on hand. Further more, he is looking at getting an additional $ 262 M should someone try to upset his bid. So that's $ 5.00/shr to him just for protecting his position. He can't afford not to complete his offer. Like I said, he has no choice but to make a formal offer here. We know he can borrow a billion just on the real estate assets so his money won't be tied up long here. It's a no brainer for him.
    Don't you love the math from the people who invented the number Zero? This guy is making money from "0". Where others have given up. I was told long time ago that "the money is in the deal" but it took long time to understand.
    11-02-13 11:01 AM
    Fairfax Said Short of BlackBerry Bid Funds: Video - Bloomberg

the talking heads of Bloomberg on Fairfax and BB and in other news Kim Kardashian, are you kidding?
    m0de25, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    11-02-13 11:22 AM
    Between this drama and the T.O mayor train wreck, who needs 'reality televison'? Even from the sidelines, this is super exciting!!!

Khardasian who?
    11-02-13 11:27 AM
    Between this drama and the T.O mayor train wreck, who needs 'reality televison'? Even from the sidelines, this is super exciting!!!

Khardasian who?
    Toss in the senate scandals and you've got hours of daily entertainment. lol
    the_sleuth, m0de25, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    11-02-13 11:32 AM
    The language used by the Lenovo rep 'We have to prepare enough fodder for the next move' I like very much. Yes, please gather lots and lots of fodder.:-)
    Randeman, Korepab, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    11-02-13 11:38 AM
    Toss in the senate scandals and you've got hours of daily entertainment. lol
    I am Puzzled, who is who again? LoL I swear too early for the JD.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1297433227721_original.jpg
    11-02-13 11:54 AM
    And for some nice easy listening on a Saturday afternoon... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=pXYWDtXbBB0
    sidhuk, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    11-02-13 12:03 PM
    I feel we're being f'ed by Prem.

Chances are high that Mike and his consortium will outbid Prem. So if Prem formalizes his offer by Monday 5pm, he'll get 50 cents per share lowering his average cost by a LOT. How much would he need to break-even? 11-12 dollars?

What exactly has he done for us? Has it provided a floor for the stock? No. Has he stuck his neck out for the past 6 weeks with his 'letter of intent'? No.

I wonder what's next? BoD support a bid from Mike and promise him 50 cents per share in case there's a counterbid?

That way all the major shareholders can be happy, and TH can claim his 50 million dollar bonus.

Arrghhh!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:13 PM
    Chances are high? Any evidence of this or just more guessing?

Prem isn't spending one more cent of his firm's money on this. He is stuck with a loss and isn't going to dig the hole any deeper. He got conned by his buddy Mike into a bad investment. It happens. I'm sure people here are familiar with bad investments. They happen all the time.

Of course on Monday if you are all cheering with your $9 bid, then you can continue on the path of greatness.

One more quarter. Keep Moving. xBBM is worth billions. Come on.
    11-02-13 12:26 PM
    Chances are high? Any evidence of this or just more guessing?

Prem isn't spending one more cent of his firm's money on this. He is stuck with a loss and isn't going to dig the hole any deeper. He got conned by his buddy Mike into a bad investment. It happens. I'm sure people here are familiar with bad investments. They happen all the time.

Of course on Monday if you are all cheering with your $9 bid, then you can continue on the path of greatness.

One more quarter. Keep Moving. xBBM is worth billions. Come on.
    Does it make you feel better about yourself to put down others?
    11-02-13 12:30 PM
    I have to say... this Qualcomm deal, IF true, is the only one of the rumoured options that has truly gotten me excited throughout this whole process. All the rest have either been outright scary for the future of BB or simply a "meh" kind of reaction with a mix of positive and negative. BB could benefit from getting the latest and greatest chipsets for "cost" so not having to worry about bottom line cost of the handsets, and the tech that Qualcomm has been working on, which looks to be pretty impressive at first glance. Qualcomm would get the patents, a fantastic OS to compete with Intel and their involvement with Tizen, and, as Plasmid said, a ground floor access to the tech coming out of ML's quantum computing. This partnership, again IF it is true and goes forward, could vault both companies for years to come.
    With Q's entry into the mix, I would speculate that Intel may just be lurking as well ....

Intel's recent move of refocusing on selling more mobile chips ( they are abandoning/selling their TV service plans to Verizon ), the purchase of BB would bring them to lots of verticals. Planes, trains and automobiles just to name a few. As they are obviously playing catch up with Q in the wireless segment, they would not want Q to succeed and further have a wider margin, would they?

Plus, Intel already owned Vxworks which competes directly with QNX, so dominating the RTOS market maybe an added motivation...

Interesting times indeed.
    11-02-13 12:33 PM
    With Q's entry into the mix, I would speculate that Intel may just be lurking as well ....

Intel's recent move of refocusing on selling more mobile chips ( they are abandoning/selling their TV service plans to Verizon ), the purchase of BB would bring them to lots of verticals. Planes, trains and automobiles just to name a few. As they are obviously playing catch up with Q in the wireless segment, they would not want Q to succeed and further have a wider margin, would they?

Plus, Intel already owned Vxworks which competes directly with QNX, so dominating the RTOS market maybe an added motivation...

Interesting times indeed.
    I don't think they are interested as they got into Tizen in 2011. That is why the Qualcomm interest seems beneficial as it will put them on even ground with their competitor Intel as far as offerings go.
    11-02-13 12:35 PM
    I feel we're being f'ed by Prem.

Chances are high that Mike and his consortium will outbid Prem. So if Prem formalizes his offer by Monday 5pm, he'll get 50 cents per share lowering his average cost by a LOT. How much would he need to break-even? 11-12 dollars?

What exactly has he done for us? Has it provided a floor for the stock? No. Has he stuck his neck out for the past 6 weeks with his 'letter of intent'? No.

I wonder what's next? BoD support a bid from Mike and promise him 50 cents per share in case there's a counterbid?

That way all the major shareholders can be happy, and TH can claim his 50 million dollar bonus.

Arrghhh!!!

Posted via CB10
    you can't blame Prem for the stock trading at below $9, as long as he comes through on Monday he will have put in the floor @ $9, it is just if you believe Bloomberg and company then yes you are going to trade where BB trades now...
    11-02-13 12:37 PM
113,250 ... 21492150215121522153 ...