View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    sorry, an ignorant post but can a official offer come in on the weekend or does it have to be when the market is open?
    Last edited by slipstream89; 11-01-13 at 08:20 PM.
    11-01-13 07:32 PM
    The wishful thinking continues. PT Barnum was right. He also believed in TA.
    Nice to see the smart azz comments too

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:47 PM
    sorry, an ignorant post but an official offer can come in on the weekend right or does it have to be when the market is open?
    I suppose it could but why bother. All interested parties will be waiting on Prem to make his move. Until then, sit tight. Monday is no deadline to get bids in. It is simply the deadline Prem put into his LOI for doing DD.
    11-01-13 07:54 PM
    Ok, possible stupid question alert:

If the Nov.4 deadline happens, and FairFax (playing possum all along as I suspect), states that they are not quite done with their due diligence, and want an extension, does this release BlackBerry from any penalty, and thus allow an open market window to then happen?
    11-01-13 07:57 PM

If the Nov.4 deadline happens, and FairFax (playing possum all along as I suspect), states that they are not quite done with their due diligence, and want an extension, does this release BlackBerry from any penalty, and thus allow an open market window to then happen?
    They will renegotiate. Hopefully the board is tougher this time.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 08:14 PM
    The thing is, nobody "wants" to pay more than they have to. They may be willing to pay more, but not want to. They will not bid until a low has been set, or they themselves set the low.
    Unless FF has been unable to secure the required financing then $9 + the current break up fee is the lowest price, come Monday the lowest price rises to $9 plus the higher break up fee.

Therefore anyone who believes FF can come up with he financing should have put in his bid before the deadline, so either there are no other bidders or the other bidders don't believe FF can come up with the financing and are calling their bluff.
    fedakd likes this.
    11-01-13 08:50 PM
    Unless FF has been unable to secure the required financing then $9 + the current break up fee is the lowest price, come Monday the lowest price rises to $9 plus the higher break up fee.

Therefore anyone who believes FF can come up with he financing should have put in his bid before the deadline, so either there are no other bidders or the other bidders don't believe FF can come up with the financing and are calling their bluff.
    There is no deadline for anyone but FF so why rush in. They may or may not believe he will get financing lined up but what they believe doesn't matter. They will, and should, wait for the proof.
    11-01-13 09:04 PM

That is exactly I said to @cjcampbell.

Let's say Mike L/Cerberus group really wants a bid and can bid at price at $9+, then unless they really believe PW could not get financing, it is their best interest to bid before Monday.

Or before BBRY BOD signs the definitive agreement with PW, it can still talk to Mike's group to ask them if they would bid a higher price, not sure if it is legal to do that? or PW could just wait for the last second to make the official offer to BBRY and leave the BOD no time.
    barnfoot likes this.
    11-01-13 09:07 PM
    That is exactly I said to @cjcampbell.

Let's say Mike L/Cerberus group really wants a bid and can bid at price at $9+, then unless they really believe PW could not get financing, it is their best interest to bid before Monday.

Or before BBRY BOD signs the definitive agreement with PW, it can still talk to Mike's group to ask them if they would bid a higher price, not sure if it is legal to do that? or PW could just wait for the last second to make the official offer to BBRY and leave the BOD no time.
    Jeez Fin... I thought you said you've been through this a bunch of times. If PW firms up his bid on Monday, the BOD only accepts the bid and then it goes to shareholder vote. They in no way sign the deal as SOLD. It simply becomes a formal bid for the company. This is when others come in to play. If he does not come in and solidify his position, then others can either get it for $9 without having to outbid PW or pay his break up fee, or they can see if they would get anything sub $9 approved by the board. They will have months to do this.
    11-01-13 09:20 PM
    There is no deadline for anyone but FF so why rush in. They may or may not believe he will get financing lined up but what they believe doesn't matter. They will, and should, wait for the proof.
    Because if PW has secured the financing then you pay MORE after Monday, simple as that. Its a strategic decision, you cant always have solid proof, but by all appearances (Bloomberg) it seems that FF has not secured the financing and if there are other bidders they will be able to put in a lower offer, successfully calling PW's bluff.
    Seadog83 likes this.
    11-01-13 09:26 PM
    Maybe Prem Watsa can't get financing because he wants to run the company, and that would mean destruction of value and cash burn to the point that the present value is less than $9.

Although, the parts could be valuated in more than $9... or less than $9.
    11-01-13 09:28 PM
    What would be good would be a partnership deal with BlackBerry qualcomm and Lenovo.

BlackBerry provides the software.
    Qualcomm the hardware (including exclusivity for its partner BlackBerry)
    Lenovo provides the handsets.

A nice vertical integration that competes with Apple and Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 09:28 PM
    The fact of the matter is, any company currently interested in BlackBerry that thinks Fairfax will get the funds in time for Monday, will have an offer in before then. Otherwise the break fee goes up to $0.50/share for Prem.
    11-01-13 09:29 PM

I'd say (a) there are no stupid questions about any of this... Nobody here who has half a brain would claim to truly understand the entire situation and all the possibilities.

and (b) if Fairfax doesn't show up with an actual offer, the whole deal is off... the agreement between BOD and FF evaporates.
    11-01-13 09:44 PM
    The fact of the matter is, any company currently interested in BlackBerry that thinks Fairfax will get the funds in time for Monday, will have an offer in before then. Otherwise the break fee goes up to $0.50/share for Prem.
    I would disagree with that. It's a gamble. If they were to outbid, it would be by at least that amount anyway. By waiting, and if he backs away, then they can save a lot more than it would cost. Risk/Reward. And to add to that, I'm sure there's a contingency to be prepared for another bidder to raise it again.
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-01-13 10:50 PM
    I say pour a drink and listen to some soothing music :
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    11-01-13 11:15 PM
    11-01-13 11:29 PM
    Jeez Fin... I thought you said you've been through this a bunch of times. If PW firms up his bid on Monday, the BOD only accepts the bid and then it goes to shareholder vote. They in no way sign the deal as SOLD. It simply becomes a formal bid for the company. This is when others come in to play. If he does not come in and solidify his position, then others can either get it for $9 without having to outbid PW or pay his break up fee, or they can see if they would get anything sub $9 approved by the board. They will have months to do this.
    LOL, I think my last part confused you.

Actually I am not sure once PW firms his offer, would the BOD still have time or the legal right to talk to Mike L's team before signing the agreement?
    If so, the Mike L/Cerberus does not have to make their offer.
    But I doubt about that, if so, why would anyone make an offer at all? anyone can wait and let the other guys show their hands first.

So it is most likely once PW firms his offer, any other player who wants to bid would have to pay 50 cents breakup fee.
    That is my reason why Mike's team has to make a bid before PW firms his offer.

Plus, I would guess PW will try his best to get the finance, it is a big deal for him to get the breakup fee, even 30 cents would mean low his average price by $3.
    50 cents would mean low his average price by 5dollars, considering his average is $17, if he signs the $9 deal, he would low his average to $12, if someone else outbid him, he would exit his position with little loss.

I just do not see why PW does not want to make his offer if he knows now Mike L/Cerberus will probably outbid his $9 offer. He could even have the incentive to use his own money(he has $1B free cash on hand right now as he said this morning).
    silversun10 likes this.
    11-01-13 11:29 PM
    Here is comment from ft.com Sounds interesting. Now it looks pretty clear that TH and BOD members are not working for longs. How can company starts making or reducing the loss and all of sudden 1 billion loss, write downs. It was pre planned.

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. BlackBerry founders set to form bid team - FT.com

Hey Paul,
    Blackberry burnt $500 last quarter only becuase of very special circumstances, you make that as an ongoing thing. The company has been adding cash the previous quarters.
    Did you mention besides $2.6 billion, BB also has $500 million ccoming from tax refunds, relaestaate worth $2 billion, yes thats more than what Watsa is paying for the whole company.
    Call me and I will tell you the real story behind Blackberry and what we dont comprehend is that this is a big crime being committed. No journalist has seen that. I will prove this to you that this whole deal is corrupt.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    11-02-13 12:23 AM
    Here is comment from ft.com Sounds interesting. Now it looks pretty clear that TH and BOD members are not working for longs. How can company starts making or reducing the loss and all of sudden 1 billion loss, write downs. It was pre planned.

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. BlackBerry founders set to form bid team - FT.com

Hey Paul,
    Blackberry burnt $500 last quarter only becuase of very special circumstances, you make that as an ongoing thing. The company has been adding cash the previous quarters.
    Did you mention besides $2.6 billion, BB also has $500 million ccoming from tax refunds, relaestaate worth $2 billion, yes thats more than what Watsa is paying for the whole company.
    Call me and I will tell you the real story behind Blackberry and what we dont comprehend is that this is a big crime being committed. No journalist has seen that. I will prove this to you that this whole deal is corrupt.
    Interesting, whoever left that comment for Paul. I assume, Paul is the FT.com journalist.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    11-02-13 01:26 AM

Hey Paul,
    Wow! I thought (I ) was a conspiracy theorist!
    Hope that this "corruption" puts money in our pockets.... Don't know how though.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-02-13 01:33 AM
    Sorry if posted already (cb10 auto pagination suxs). But Qualcomm is rumored to join the team Cerberus and Mike .
    Cheers and have a nice weekend gang!
    http://m.europe.wsj.com/articles/SB1...ction&mobile=y
    Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Ribes Nigrum like this.
    11-02-13 02:12 AM

Hey Paul,
    So I thought Seeking ALpha and their comments were the least reliable form of "information" but I see we have whackjob comments from even more obscure sources!!! I love the part about not being allowed to cut and paste the articles, is somebody looking for click thrus at all costs???

Here's hoping for a lot of negotiating going on lots of places this weekend!
    Randeman likes this.
    11-02-13 06:20 AM
    Sorry if posted already (cb10 auto pagination suxs). But Qualcomm is rumored to join the team Cerberus and Mike .
    Posted via CB10
    This is getting really interesting!
    Mikey could dangle the Quantum computing carrot to entice Qualcomm.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 07:12 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Hey Super. To fix the CB10 app, just delete it, then reinstall it. This fixed it for me. Found this in a forum a few days ago.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    11-02-13 07:54 AM
113,251 ... 21482149215021512152 ...