1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%

... and counting w/popcorn ...
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Why Apple Will Buy BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha

Edit : just for the beauty ...
    Doing the calculations, we can see that the current offer values BlackBerry at less than 60% of it's book value. Even for a money losing company, this seems extremely low. Assuming no other bidders come forward, it would seem that Apple would be able to purchase BlackBerry for about $5 billion or less. With almost $150 billion in cash on their balance sheet, this would represent a negligible investment for Apple.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-30-13 08:49 AM

... and counting w/popcorn ...
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Why Apple Will Buy BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha

Edit : just for the beauty ...
    yeah, a strategic purchase to those that want to keep BB out of their competitors hands...can't wait till Nov 4...
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-30-13 09:22 AM
    OT - Hey Morgan

I jumped onto XOMA and i know they have some important catalyst events coming up, 1 being in October. Given that there's only 2 days left in Oct, what are the chances any news will be out? If not what implications will that have on the stock? Just wanted to get your thoughts on this one and a chart if possible. Thanks!
    lech31 likes this.
    10-30-13 10:11 AM
    :
    [URL="http://seekingalpha.com/article/1786702-why-apple-will-buy-blackberry"]BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Why Apple Will Buy BlackBerry...
    Yeah, we have been throwing this one around for some time now. I just brought this up a few days ago in a conversation, but wondered if BlackBerry ends up going to Fairfax, whether they would basically just flip BlackBerry to the highest bidder and pocket the sale.
    My reasoning was on a 'no bid war' basis. Would it be smarter for all players to wait for FF to acquire BlackBerry and then present their offers, rather than start a bid-war now?

Anybody want to comment on that one???
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    10-30-13 11:21 AM
    Yeah, we have been throwing this one around for some time now. I just brought this up a few days ago in a conversation, but wondered if BlackBerry ends up going to Fairfax, whether they would basically just flip BlackBerry to the highest bidder and pocket the sale.
    My reasoning was on a 'no bid war' basis. Would it be smarter for all players to wait for FF to acquire BlackBerry and then present their offers, rather than start a bid-war now?

Anybody want to comment on that one???
    its for sale now, after going private you have to rely on Prem, whether he is willing to sell.
    10-30-13 12:05 PM
    Where are you guys? Tell me the name of the bar then I will join you.
    10-30-13 02:46 PM
    hehe, FB, rox again.

successfully bet on goog and fb ER.

bot at 49.07 and sold at 56.24 in 10 minutes.
    10-30-13 03:08 PM
    why is this guy talking?
    Aimco Pension Fund Says BlackBerry Proposals Still Not Concrete - Bloomberg
    he says he has not seen a process like this, but I say I have not seen anyone talk about a process they have not seen like this.
    silversun10 and sidhuk like this.
    10-30-13 03:19 PM
    None of the true players are talking about the deal due to nondisclosure agreements. Bloomberg has to find an outsider and talking head to fill air time. AIMCO might not be involved. That's why he's talking trash.

Sent from CB app on Android
    10-30-13 03:33 PM
    why is this guy talking?
    Aimco Pension Fund Says BlackBerry Proposals Still Not Concrete - Bloomberg
    he says he has not seen a process like this, but I say I have not seen anyone talk about a process they have not seen like this.
    i guess they are not talking to him in specifics, because he is not involved in any deals...we'll see soon enough...
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    10-30-13 03:36 PM
    hehe, FB, rox again.

successfully bet on goog and fb ER.

bot at 49.07 and sold at 56.24 in 10 minutes.
    LOL, turns to be a good sell, last time sold google at $960 10 minutes after close turned to be very bad sell.
    10-30-13 05:26 PM
    Echo......echo.....echo
    10-30-13 07:21 PM
    German Chancellor's BlackBerry Likely Withstood NSA Tapping: Vendor

10-30-13 08:17 PM
    So had an epiphany today. With all the good news lately the share price should have gone up and fast. However due to Fairfax 9$ bid it won't go past that. No matter what. That $9 limit is really hurting the SP right now, about as much as it helped the price from going down much further a couple weeks ago.

That Fairfax bid is holding us back! LoL

Posted via CB10
    Randeman likes this.
    10-30-13 09:54 PM
    So had an epiphany today. With all the good news lately the share price should have gone up and fast. However due to Fairfax 9$ bid it won't go past that. No matter what. That $9 limit is really hurting the SP right now, about as much as it helped the price from going down much further a couple weeks ago.

That Fairfax bid is holding us back! LoL

Posted via CB10
    That's what I was saying when he made that offer. He didn't put a floor on the sp he put a ceiling on it.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-30-13 09:58 PM
    So, 4 November is Prem's deadline to make a formal offer? What happens if he asks for more time? Does the fine come into play only from the moment he makes an offer by 4 November? And when is the higher fee applicable?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 02:49 AM
    So, 4 November is Prem's deadline to make a formal offer? What happens if he asks for more time? Does the fine come into play only from the moment he makes an offer by 4 November? And when is the higher fee applicable?
    Not sure about compensations. But the 4th is a deadline for FF, it's a yay or nay date.
    Please note it's not the end of the process and won't prevent any other offer to pop later, at least until shareholders agreement ... if any.
    10-31-13 04:18 AM
    About security restrictions and how the CAN govt may react to a Lenovo takeover, I thought it might be interesting to consider foreing positions.
    NSA stuff did wake up security concerns, in France, ZTE and Huawei (Chinese vendors) namely targeted.

Story here (sorry for the automatic translation, quite ok though).
    Google Traduction
    10-31-13 04:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    They can renegotiate an extension and break up fee if both parties want to, otherwise the intent dies on Nov 4th and the parties walk away.
    10-31-13 05:42 AM

Funny how the picture they use of Merkel here is the one of her smiling. Did we ever find out if the one pic of her frowning holding the z10 was actually photoshopped? The frowning pic is the one that is used by the media constantly, while this is the 2nd time I've this smiling one of her. So messed up.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-merkel-phone2013.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-3-format23.jpg
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    10-31-13 06:58 AM
    Funny how the picture they use of Merkel here is the one of her smiling. Did we ever find out if the one pic of her frowning holding the z10 was actually photoshopped? The frowning pic is the one that is used by the media constantly, while this is the 2nd time I've this smiling one of her. So messed up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	merkel-phone2013.jpg 
Views:	1334 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	216064

Name:	3-format23.jpg 
Views:	931 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	216066
    What is even more sad is that she thinks her new phone is protected from the NSA!
    10-31-13 07:06 AM
    What is even more sad is that she thinks her new phone is protected from the NSA!
    What proof do you have that it isn't?
    10-31-13 07:12 AM

Name:	merkel-phone2013.jpg 
Views:	1334 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	216064
    Unfortunately, a quick look at the compression levels indicates that it is (probably) not a mockup.
    But it's easy to snaphot a furtive expression and then use it in the way some may want to "promote" BB10 ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-31-13 07:30 AM
    Did you even read the article ? => German Chancellor's BlackBerry Likely Withstood NSA Tapping: Vendor
    eWEEK reported on the new device in March of 2013 following a meeting with Secusmart executives at the CeBIT trade show in Hannover, Germany. The device includes an encryption engine installed via a micro SD card. Once installed, the BlackBerry meets NATO requirements for classified communications. The Secusmart device allows the BlackBerry to act as a typical smartphone, while encrypting all communications with other secure systems.
    10-31-13 07:35 AM
    New day, so which company is going to be the cat today?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-elre2fs.png
    10-31-13 07:46 AM
113,256 ... 21402141214221432144 ...