View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Not sure how I feel about BlackBerry management flying to California last minute..

Posted via CB10
    Last minute? So this wasn't a planned meeting?
    10-29-13 01:36 PM
    10-29-13 01:41 PM
    Not sure how I feel about BlackBerry management flying to California last minute..

Posted via CB10
    BBM is all about social media as is Facebook, and in the light of BBM's launch last week, looks like Facebook is a last minute entry into the race.
    _dimi_, bungaboy, Randeman and 1 others like this.
    10-29-13 01:44 PM
    But a lot of them are (if you trace the story back) 'BBRY contacted them to see if they were interested" which over time has been spun to "interested in" -Cisco, Google and intel are in that category and so is Facebook - it create the illusion of competition but there is no suggesting there is any real competition.
    randall2580 and notfanboy like this.
    10-29-13 01:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am thinking (hoping) they are trying to find the best bid out there for the shareholders. After all, that is their job.

No way for $9.00 from this shareholder!!!!
    10-29-13 01:47 PM
    I am thinking (hoping) they are trying to find the best bid out there for the shareholders. After all, that is their job.

I can think of 3.5 million reasons why Heins would want to cash in on his $ 9.69/shr options:

1) He will make lots of money,

2) He will make a bus load of money,

3) He will move onto something he understands,

4) He will make a pot full of money,

10-29-13 01:59 PM

if they parcel off BBM to Facebook, that might be all they need.
    10-29-13 02:02 PM
    And I'm back in, with a small <$600 worth of shares (65 in total). Second time's the charm hopefully
    10-29-13 02:07 PM
    Gang, time for a sweet tune. #KeepMoving !
    10-29-13 02:08 PM
    But... but there is no suggesting there is any real competition.
    Probably more of a divvying up.
    10-29-13 02:09 PM
    But a lot of them are (if you trace the story back) 'BBRY contacted them to see if they were interested" which over time has been spun to "interested in" -Cisco, Google and intel are in that category and so is Facebook - it create the illusion of competition but there is no suggesting there is any real competition.
    You're probably right. Those we heard about didn't put a bid on the table. Nor decline interest (except SAP I stroked), as we don't know how a potential alliance could raise. Then, there's the silent ones. Yes I dare mention MSFT, again. And I will until they advertise no interest.
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    10-29-13 02:11 PM
    Apparently, Whatsapp is down.

Wonder if it is because of too many people swapping BBM pins over Whatsapp!
    10-29-13 02:12 PM
    is there any T.A now we're back on "normal news" ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-29-13 02:14 PM
    You're probably right. Those we heard about didn't put a bid on the table. Nor decline interest (except SAP I stroked), as we don't know how a potential alliance could raise. Then, there's the silent ones. Yes I dare mention MSFT, again. And I will until they advertise no interest.
    I don't know how they would finance it or do it given the timing? The Nokia deal was done using their out of the country cashpile and I doubt they want the headache of intergrate two mobile companies as same time.
    10-29-13 02:15 PM
    I don't know how they would finance it or do it given the timing? The Nokia deal was done using their out of the country cashpile and I doubt they want the headache of intergrate two mobile companies as same time.
    As I long stated, I do not believe this will turn into a single player bid.
    While my complex "umbrella" holding theory is weird, I believe an alliance can emerge.
    MSFT interest would be in the business area (services/NOC/BES integration) IMHO.
    I mean they don't need $billions to enter the game. And if they do, watch the rocket. Could be instant.
    jxnb, sidhuk, plasmid_boy and 5 others like this.
    10-29-13 02:22 PM
    10-29-13 02:25 PM
    gimme 1K bega for 1 single Reed
    10-29-13 02:30 PM
    Now I guess we know why they declined to show any interest. You satisfied their needs too soon.
    10-29-13 02:32 PM
    Did somebody say "chart"?

Here is the latest on BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-oct-29-2013.png

We have been trading below the 20-ema (currently $ 8.33/shr) every since the official Q2 earnings came out back in September. We have tracked the 3-ema (currently $ 8.29/shr) perfectly for over a month now and today it looks like we want to close above the 20-ema. The 3-ema will now cut up through the 20-ema thus making the stock bullish here. With Nov. 4th only days away, we will see some crazy days ahead. We need more than a rumour though. BBM is killing it, taking business away from everyone. At some point, the market will reflect on the new valuation of all of the news events of the past few days (BBM-X, mobile cloud security and BB 10.2). Let's get a partnership announced and sit back and watch BBRY revel NOK.
    10-29-13 02:34 PM
    While my complex "umbrella" holding theory is weird, I believe an alliance can emerge.
    MSFT interest would be in the business area (services/NOC/BES integration) IMHO.
    I mean they don't need $billions to enter the game. And if they do, watch the rocket. Could be instant.

The problem for me is this - while the security angle is sexy, from a dollar point of view, MSFT already owns enterprise in a way that dwarfs BBRY and it is the part of their business that is still growing organically with Nokia being the buy that provides a missing pieces. Effectively, even within Enterprise I don't see what BBRY has that MSFT needs or wants - even as partner in a larger play.
    10-29-13 02:35 PM
    Now I guess we know why they declined to show any interest. You satisfied their needs too soon.
    Damm ... I can feel the irony/humor here but I'm not sure I get it right lol.
    Based on history, I tend to like !
    sidhuk, jxnb, Randeman and 3 others like this.
    10-29-13 02:35 PM
    Well played Sir. Well played!
    The dedicated secret agent 3:10 never afraid of muddy routes. (let's see if any of us can decode the meaning of 3:10?). LOL
    10-29-13 02:38 PM
    The problem for me is this - while the security angle is sexy, from a dollar point of view, MSFT already owns enterprise in a way that dwarfs BBRY and it is the part of their business that is still growing organically with Nokia being the buy that provides a missing pieces. Effectively, even within Enterprise I don't see what BBRY has that MSFT needs or wants - even as partner in a larger play.
    In very short : Security, installed base and network.
    You need a prozac to manage MDM/BYOD in MS environment. And a pile of additional (non MS) software.
    Now, there's still IBM to add to the list. Their software solutions for "everything-entry-points" is sharp, but a hell of complexity ...
    Any big player can find interest in this deal at current cookie price.

Edit : An NOK may be a option ... as a manufacturer ?

Got to go, Rock'N'Roll time !
    See ya 2morrow gang !
    10-29-13 02:40 PM
    OK here we go, a convoluted deal: Facebook takes BBM, patents go to the Nokia patents company, Lenovo takes the handsets and Microsoft the enterprise business. That leaves out Google, Cisco, Lazaridis and Prem. So, we must be over $9 then...
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    10-29-13 02:45 PM
    OK here we go, a convoluted deal: Facebook takes BBM, patents go to the Nokia patents company, Lenovo takes the handsets and Microsoft the enterprise business. That leaves out Google, Cisco, Lazaridis and Prem. So, we must be over $9 then...
    This or another

Posted via CB10
    silversun10 and bungaboy like this.
    10-29-13 02:59 PM
113,256 ... 21382139214021412142 ...