View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    No doubt they are very risky. Hopefully my posts and references to gambling in them are cautionary enough A short term option call is a very risky bet, not an investment. Here you have a possible takeout scenario with a somewhat known time horizon. It may or may not happen. Everybody who considers this needs to do their own risk reward analysis and be willing to lose 100% of their bet. The million dollar question is does the potential upside and large return over a short period of time worth the risk? The answer is probably different for everybody. I am still pondering my own decision. YMMV.....
    Okay. Seems like you've thought this out and are on the fence. And you understand you need to get two bets right. One that bbry increases in value above your call price. And two that the increase happens in your time frame.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 02:02 PM
    I hope this apply to the CB forum. Just hoping and won't be surprised to get the "delusional Fan" as response.
    LOL,
    on Nov. and never look back.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    10-25-13 02:42 PM
    I am not really good at numbers but if what you said is true, you should be happy and thankful to BBRY,
    from $7 to let say $14 and from $9 to $11. that seems like a decent profit to me.

hum go figure!!

[QUOTE=fin2007;9412291]LOL,

You are such a delusional fan, as many others.

I have 30,000+ bbry shares holding right now, and they are almost free to me anyway.
    I bot average ~7 last year and sold at 14.x/15.x/17.x early this year and got back at 9 on July and sold at 11+, but I bot back at 10.x again and got trapped now.
    10-25-13 02:48 PM
    This article is, without a doubt, the best I have read laying out the potential of BBM. I strongly suggest reading the full article.
    BBM Could Be Worth Billions If BlackBerry Can Copy The LINE Playbook

It is difficult to get a handle on what the early success of BlackBerry’s messaging service on Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android platforms might mean. By Friday 3 PM, BBM has become the #1 app in 80 countries. It hit the 10 M user mark on iOS and Android platforms in 24 hours, yet continues performing remarkably well on its fourth day. It seems that the early wave of super loyal BlackBerry users and curious rubberneckers is segueing into sustained interest in the app. But how to value a free download app that currently offers no paid add-on features or advertising that would create cash flow? The best comparison here is probably LINE, the wildly popular text-messaging service that is now closing on the 300 M download mark.

(Full article goes here)

Creating a service that could reach just one quarter of LINE’s success should be in BBM’s grasp – and could be a major reversal of fortune for BlackBerry. Much is now riding on how the company handles its BBM content delivery strategy.
    BBM Could Be Worth Billions If BlackBerry Can Copy The LINE Playbook - Forbes
    Last edited by W Hoa; 10-25-13 at 03:31 PM.
    10-25-13 03:09 PM
    10-25-13 03:24 PM
    what happened to our Reliable Sources that the Wall Street Journal had a direct link to?
    so quiet...
    Randeman likes this.
    10-25-13 06:50 PM
    [QUOTE=Soumaila Somtore;9412581]I am not really good at numbers but if what you said is true, you should be happy and thankful to BBRY,
    from $7 to let say $14 and from $9 to $11. that seems like a decent profit to me.

hum go figure!!

LOL,

You are such a delusional fan, as many others.

I have 30,000+ bbry shares holding right now, and they are almost free to me anyway.
    I bot average ~7 last year and sold at 14.x/15.x/17.x early this year and got back at 9 on July and sold at 11+, but I bot back at 10.x again and got trapped now.
    Yes, I made big profit on BBRY before, overall I still made lots of money on BBRY.

But the third time I just got in too early and right now I lost all the profits I made on the second trade.

I thought BBRY could at least be sold at ~12. or should be at a range of 12~15 based on its book. But the stupid earning preannouncement really caught me off guard.

I am just waiting for another 1-2 weeks to get over this. I bought Sept. $7 PUT to hedge my position right now, so at worse I could sell at $7, but I hope I can sell them at ~9 or plus.

Oh, well. greedy really hurts.
    10-25-13 06:53 PM
    what happened to our Reliable Sources that the Wall Street Journal had a direct link to?
    so quiet...
    The sources are deadlocked trying to figure out which meaningless rumour to spread next:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-gnews.png
    10-25-13 07:51 PM
    Just made my way over to https://play.google.com/store/apps/c...opselling_free and found these:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-top1.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-top.jpg
    fedakd, jxnb, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    10-25-13 08:52 PM
    The sources are deadlocked trying to figure out which meaningless rumour to spread next:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnews.png 
Views:	605 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	214326
    Lol, is that real?
    10-25-13 08:55 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnews.png 
Views:	605 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	214326
    i was thinking of the source at BB that was dead on for a while...
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-26-13 12:02 AM
    10-26-13 06:16 AM
    Call me stupid, but I never saw the added value of a partnership with SAP. Anyone who can't / won't take on the hardware risk from BlackBerry is not a good fit in my opinion. This is what the company needs and the market wants to see. Unless they do restructure to cope with low handset volumes going forward, but they haven't proven that.. Lenovo would be perfect. It would be a partnership for the next 10 years. Imagine connecting your Z90 to a desktop monitor..

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 06:55 AM
    Or Sony.. they're producing beautiful hardware nowadays (both smartphones and tablets)..

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 06:58 AM
    10-26-13 07:17 AM
    Almost all of us have been deeply troubled by seeming marketing misfires over the past year. Just read this editorial that suggest all is not lost, but that BBM may prove to be a trojan marketing horse. There's been talk on this thread about this idea already, but still the piece is worth considering.
    BlackBerry CMO Marketing Strategy for BB10? BBM4ALL |
    Randeman, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    10-26-13 07:28 AM
    Lol, is that real?
    It's exactly what I had just seen moments before reading the post from silversun10. I went back and screen-grabbed it, cropped it in Windows Paint, and posted it up here directly, unretouched.

Sad, really, isn't it?
    10-26-13 08:32 AM
    I just got BBM on my S3, is there a stock group for us?
    Lol! You would think so right?!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:08 AM
    Almost all of us have been deeply troubled by seeming marketing misfires over the past year. Just read this editorial that suggest all is not lost, but that BBM may prove to be a trojan marketing horse. There's been talk on this thread about this idea already, but still the piece is worth considering.
    BlackBerry CMO Marketing Strategy for BB10? BBM4ALL |
    I like this article. So many things we don't know yet about the whole story... Oh, yes one we know and I've been wrong about : they couldn't afford to stick 100% to the plan ... or ... maybe they did but the plan wasn't the expected one ?

That's from my awesome Z30.
    jxnb, Randeman, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    10-26-13 09:17 AM
    Lol! You would think so right?!

Posted via CB10
    You mean like this? LOL
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1382800213515.jpg
    3_M4N likes this.
    10-26-13 10:10 AM
    Suck on that, patent troll: Apple patent victory sends Wi-LAN shares tumbling

Note that apparently the patent in question expires in 3 months anyway, but any victory against these turkeys is a good thing. Kudos to Apple for fighting it and winning. (These are the same guys BBRY just reached an agreement with: WiLAN and BlackBerry Settle All Litigations | CrackBerry.com)

Edit: I'm having a hard time figuring out how anyone (below) can read my words above as saying either that Wi-Lan's patents are worthless, or that patent trolling doesn't work. Did I say either thing there? Did I even imply it? No... please don't put your own inferences into my mouth as though I said these things. Patent trolls suck because they stifle innovation and create huge market inefficiencies.
    Last edited by peter9477; 10-26-13 at 12:50 PM.
    10-26-13 10:43 AM

Note that apparently the patent in question expires in 3 months anyway, but any victory against these turkeys is a good thing. Kudos to Apple for fighting it and winning. (These are the same guys BBRY just reached an agreement with: WiLAN and BlackBerry Settle All Litigations | CrackBerry.com)
    how can you say if Wi-Lan has patents they are worthless but if BB owns them they are worth billions, isn't that a double standard?
    10-26-13 11:06 AM
    10-26-13 11:07 AM
    how can you say if Wi-Lan has patents they are worthless but if BB owns them they are worth billions, isn't that a double standard?
    I think the point is, is that WiLAN are notorious patent trolls who don't create anything. They just buy and sue, rinse repeat… That is their business model.
    10-26-13 11:10 AM

LOL, not sure if you really own bbry stock.

If patent trolling does not work, then how could BBRY patents worth much?
    Only if all the patent trollings work, then would the big 3+ Samsung come out to buy patents.
    10-26-13 11:27 AM
113,256 ... 21312132213321342135 ...