View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Posts like this one are a little scary to me. Buying stock is one thing. The stock market generally goes up so it is gambling with the odds in your favor. But calls that expire not to long from now seems really risky to me. Bbry is hanging by a thread. I'm in and holding shares myself, but I'm not putting anything serious at risk. Especially not now since I've already suffered losses and the shares I hold are less valuable.

This a company which could really retract. Or it will be taken private for a song. Either way, shareholders aren't going to do very well. There is lots to like about the culture and the OS. I'm writing this on my very nice Q10. But it might take years for bbry to monetize this and I think it will be private before it does.

Posted via CB10
    No doubt they are very risky. Hopefully my posts and references to gambling in them are cautionary enough A short term option call is a very risky bet, not an investment. Here you have a possible takeout scenario with a somewhat known time horizon. It may or may not happen. Everybody who considers this needs to do their own risk reward analysis and be willing to lose 100% of their bet. The million dollar question is does the potential upside and large return over a short period of time worth the risk? The answer is probably different for everybody. I am still pondering my own decision. YMMV.....
    anon(4086547) and fedakd like this.
    10-25-13 06:55 AM
    Great ad!

I just watched the recent Apple presentation last night. Wasn't impressed with the hardware presented, but the software got me excited.
    I beta tested their iWork on clouds 2 years ago, it was crappy then but it looks great now.

Posted via CB10
    And I think iWorks is now free on new devices? I am due for a laptop update and if iWorks can handle my fairly basic word processing and excel needs, the new air pad might be a decent option. It would be my first Apple product, ever.... still holding out.
    10-25-13 06:59 AM
    I am always frustrated by Apple's lack of innovation (yet the praise they get), but this is just more proof of the things they get right . . . and that Frank is a terrible CMO -
    I agree . . . . they got the advert right.

But the name????? Air???? With wings or no???

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ultra_dry_with_wings.jpg
    10-25-13 07:09 AM
    And I think iWorks is now free on new devices? I am due for a laptop update and if iWorks can handle my fairly basic word processing and excel needs, the new air pad might be a decent option. It would be my first Apple product, ever.... still holding out.
    Yes, iWork now free. I switched from MS office to iWork since 2006, never looked back. Pages and Keynote are so much better than Word and PPT. But Excel is still better than Numbers in handling large files. But I use Prism for complex spreadsheet and LaTex for publication quality word processing, so iWork is great for daily use. You will love it - I bet.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks likes this.
    10-25-13 07:17 AM
    I agree . . . . they got the advert right.

But the name????? Air???? With wings or no???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ultra_Dry_with_Wings.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	214097
    Lol!!!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-25-13 07:18 AM
    Waiting line is down to a few hours according to the twitter account

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 08:18 AM
    I

Sideload the android version of cb app. It works better than official bb10 CB app it is known issue and crackberry is not fixing it.
    If you need the bar file I can upload.
    Oh come on Sidhuk. That's not possible. The CB10 is built for BlackBerry.

I think I'll give that side load a try after all.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 08:21 AM
    Waiting line is down to a few hours according to the twitter account

Posted via CB10
    That's interesting. If there is still a 'line' have they really been going through 500K/yr since Go-Live?

No way. That would be 12M/day.

They would posts a 20M number if they reached it....
    10-25-13 08:24 AM
    Positive BBM article. But someone should do some research on how Blackberry can monetize it (video/voice maybe if they choose to make it a paid service; channels certainly)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle15051164/
    10-25-13 08:58 AM
    More positive media...

Finally! How to make Android USABLE: Install BlackBerry OS 10.2 • The Register

And while BlackBerry doesn�t crow about it, there�s a significant performance update to the Android run-time, which now supports Jelly Bean apps. Whereas previously you�d only really want to run side-loaded Android apps in a dire emergency, BlackBerry OS 10.2 now runs them passably well for regular use � albeit with the performance penalty you�d expect from a Java runtime. This matters, because BB10 has far fewer native apps than rival operating systems iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
    10-25-13 09:01 AM
    Hi Morgan:

Given that short interest has gone up based on the latest number (from 140M to 146M), what is the thinking that these short holders have? We have reached BBMx launch with good numbers, 10.2, Z30, and multiple interested parties. Are they so convinced that there will be no deal or a deal below $9?

Thank you.
    Good morning JLagoon!!

Hope you are still in this trade? It seems that many think the shorts are hanging in there trying to milk the last bit of profit out of BlackBerry but I would tend to believe that most of those shares are hedged at this point. Shorts know that they will be able to unwind their positions at or near the final acquisition price in any event. There is no information that would suggest that this bid would/could fail, nothing at all. I personally think that there are numerous enquiries at this point, that the board is reviewing a dozen possible outcomes, one of which is a partnership. It is the media that thinks BBRY is for sale and no other outcome is likely, I beg to differ here. Shorts might think that this deal could fail simply because BlackBerry is moving ahead with right sizing the business for 20 - 24 million handsets including plenty of interest in their software/security components; the end result is that they aren't for sale at all. I don't want to see them sold unless it is at a premium to Book Value, so for me, a partnership works the best. In any event, a short squeeze is highly unlikely as the majority of the shorts are hedged with a variety of resources. This will come down to the wire for Prem, anyone wanting to make an offer will want to see what he is willing to do, perhaps even he feels that at $ 9.00/shr, he won't receive enough votes to get his offer approved. The surprising thing about all of this process is the fact that no one has made it known they want to own the company be purchasing shares in the open market. November will provide us with much better indications as to where the bids will take us. In the meantime, we have stellar results so far for BBM-X and I'm surprised at how fast BB is rolling BB 10.2 out there! I'm completely satisfied with my phone running BB 10.2, it is a killer OS now. BB just has to clean up their costs and tighten up the business model for 20 million handsets and they will do well going forward.

Note that we are glued to the 3-ema now, and trying to clear the 20-ema for a major pop here. The stock is being held back until we receive our first offer to purchase, will it be Prem or someone else? Maybe that's a poll .................. who will make the first offer to purchase BlackBerry?
    10-25-13 09:18 AM
    Good morning JLagoon!!

Hope you are still in this trade? It seems that many think the shorts are hanging in there trying to milk the last bit of profit out of BlackBerry but I would tend to believe that most of those shares are hedged at this point. Shorts know that they will be able to unwind their positions at or near the final acquisition price in any event. There is no information that would suggest that this bid would/could fail, nothing at all. I personally think that there are numerous enquiries at this point, that the board is reviewing a dozen possible outcomes, one of which is a partnership. It is the media that thinks BBRY is for sale and no other outcome is likely, I beg to differ here. Shorts might think that this deal could fail simply because BlackBerry is moving ahead with right sizing the business for 20 - 24 million handsets including plenty of interest in their software/security components; the end result is that they aren't for sale at all. I don't want to see them sold unless it is at a premium to Book Value, so for me, a partnership works the best. In any event, a short squeeze is highly unlikely as the majority of the shorts are hedged with a variety of resources. This will come down to the wire for Prem, anyone wanting to make an offer will want to see what he is willing to do, perhaps even he feels that at $ 9.00/shr, he won't receive enough votes to get his offer approved. The surprising thing about all of this process is the fact that no one has made it known they want to own the company be purchasing shares in the open market. November will provide us with much better indications as to where the bids will take us. In the meantime, we have stellar results so far for BBM-X and I'm surprised at how fast BB is rolling BB 10.2 out there! I'm completely satisfied with my phone running BB 10.2, it is a killer OS now. BB just has to clean up their costs and tighten up the business model for 20 million handsets and they will do well going forward.

Note that we are glued to the 3-ema now, and trying to clear the 20-ema for a major pop here. The stock is being held back until we receive our first offer to purchase, will it be Prem or someone else? Maybe that's a poll .................. who will make the first offer to purchase BlackBerry?
    Prem will be the first and he will wait long enough so that the other parties don't have enough time to outbid him before Nov 4th, so he can collect the higher break fee.
    Of course if somebody out bids him before he goes official, there goes the break fee. So, we have a poker game going on right now, who blinks first?
    jxnb, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-25-13 09:25 AM
    Positive BBM article. But someone should do some research on how Blackberry can monetize it (video/voice maybe if they choose to make it a paid service; channels certainly)

Molly’s back on BBM: Why BlackBerry’s ‘forbidden fruit’ is such a hit - The Globe and Mail
    Surprisingly, I think it helps with Enterprise sales. BYOD has taken a bite out of BB sales but now BB has a fantastic communication package that rivals all others. The G&M continues to pump the negative connotation that there are other choices out there now and they have larger followings. Big deal, BBM-X is getting to be something to worry about and a bit of a cult thing is happening now. Enterprise still wants to have safe, secure communication across business lines, and, they want BYOD functionality, they get premium BBM by using BB phones and can still justify issuing BB phones because of BB Balance and BBM-X. With all the news about NSA today, who wouldn't want to have the most secure solution out there today? You can still communicate with your kids and separate business from family. BBM-X is making it easier for Enterprise to go ahead with BB 10 solutions.
    sidhuk, rarsen, Randeman and 1 others like this.
    10-25-13 09:30 AM
    Prem will be the first and he will wait long enough so that the other parties don't have enough time to outbid him before Nov 4th, so he can collect the higher break fee.
    Of course if somebody out bids him before he goes official, there goes the break fee. So, we have a poker game going on right now, who blinks first?
    The thing is, this "auction" could take 6 - 12 months to complete. Prem could simply decide that he doesn't have the resources for a viable bid, he can't rise his price above $ 10.00/shr and he can't obtain the votes to close the deal. The fact that he hasn't purchased any shares at the bargain basement price of $ 8.00/shr tells me that he isn't confident that a deal can be struck at $ 9.00/shr. Our friend Carl I. would have stepped in, made a huge deal out of buying a major block in the company he wants to disrupt and then hit the media circuit with his dog and pony show. Prem, ..... he says he can buy BBRY for nothing down and still shaft his money lenders by stealing 30% ownership out from under them. What? He might in fact pull his bid simply because it is too low to complete the deal. BlackBerry is one partnership away from popping the stock to $ 15.00/shr and we all know that management stock options start at $ 9.69/shr and go up from there. We also know that Prem needs $ 17.00/shr without the break-up fee, Mikey needs Book Value or better to leave the party and most of us don't like anything below at least $ 12.00 - $ 14.00. Lenovo is showing an interest here, probably a deal to take over hardware risk is in the works with them. A partnership frees up capital for BB and a cash payment for licensing along with a stellar deal for handset manufacturing costs would be all that BB needs to hit 52 week highs. See NOK for more details.
    Corbu, _dimi_, W Hoa and 16 others like this.
    10-25-13 09:43 AM
    Tecno Partners With Blackberry To Preload BBM
    TECNO is not only the fastest-growing mobile brand in Africa, but also one of the top three mobile phone brands

TECNO Mobile, one of the leading smartphones brand has announced its collaboration with Blackberry on the mobile application, BBM.

While Blackberry messenger, was initially only used by Blackberry phones users and also very popular especially in the Nigerian market, �Everybody have a BB pin�� Well, now BBM is available on the android system and customers can enjoy even more features with this new version
    jxnb, morganplus8, sidhuk and 12 others like this.
    10-25-13 09:43 AM
    I just need something to happen before November calls expire.

Posted via CB10
    silversun10 and Randeman like this.
    10-25-13 09:46 AM
    http://feedly.com/k/168SLtG
    Does this mean that general bbm download was pending for that region?
    10-25-13 10:08 AM
    BBM Now Available For All Throughout Africa on iOS and Android - BerryReview
    Does this mean that general bbm download was pending for that region?
    I thought they gave Samsung a three day exclusive.
    10-25-13 10:10 AM
    I just need something to happen before November calls expire.

Posted via CB10
    at least throw a bone...
    10-25-13 10:11 AM
    I thought they gave Samsung a three day exclusive.
    I know they did. Was affrica included in the reported 20mill downloads? Or download gets counted the moment one hits the download Button? LOL
    10-25-13 10:22 AM
    Oh come on Sidhuk. That's not possible. The CB10 is built for BlackBerry.

I think I'll give that side load a try after all.

Posted via CB10
    CB10 forum glitch: Skipping Pages
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=824821
    CB10 forum glitch: Skipping Pages
    bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    10-25-13 10:25 AM
    Twitter is worth 11 billion ?? lol Facebook is worth 127 billions?? lol and some how blackberry is worth 4.7 billion lol
    peter9477, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    10-25-13 12:40 PM
    Maybe Microsoft can take on the hardware risk and produce the handsets?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-25-13 01:25 PM
    Blackberry should launch something call Blackberry Communicator.

via CB10 w/ Z10. I drink HiOz.
    10-25-13 01:46 PM
    Anyone else find that the CB app on 10.2 never let's you get down to the bottom of the page? Mine always jumps to the next page before I'm done.

Posted via CB10
    Noticed the app doing that yesterday...weird. I actually found this forum to be the most problematic.
    10-25-13 01:50 PM
113,256 ... 21302131213221332134 ...