View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Samsung paid anti-HTC trolls, gets fined in Taiwan | BGR

This doesn't surprise me one bit, also makes me wonder about the traffics we have on this thread.. who is paying the bill?
    10-24-13 06:03 PM

This doesn't surprise me one bit, also makes me wonder about the traffics we have on this thread.. who is paying the bill?
    And it's pocket change... well... pocket lint, to them.
    10-24-13 06:06 PM
    And it's pocket change... well... pocket lint, to them.
    Yep and for them it was worth it, just like the TV price fixing fine was pocket change as well for them.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 06:47 PM

Fin? Anybody seen Fin?
    10-24-13 07:07 PM
    Fin? Anybody seen Fin?
    If anyone is paying that one, they should really reconsider their recruiting dept. lol
    10-24-13 07:10 PM
    Collusion... Come on Lenovo and CDN Government, let's get this deal done!

Go Jets go!
    Referring more time lazardis and the apple guy.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:28 PM
    So, let's start a pool on when the first "next" offer comes in.
    I'm going with Nov 4...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:00 PM
    Anyone else find that the CB app on 10.2 never let's you get down to the bottom of the page? Mine always jumps to the next page before I'm done.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:20 PM
    Anyone else find that the CB app on 10.2 never let's you get down to the bottom of the page? Mine always jumps to the next page before I'm done.

Posted via CB10
    Yuppers.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-24-13 08:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yup. It's annoying!

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    10-24-13 08:32 PM
    I hope the 4th is the latest for the first firm bid. Nobody wants to jump in first and cause the price to rise. But, someone's got to start. Never seems to make a difference at an auction. I say the first bid is just prior to the 4th, so Prem doesn't have to get firm after all.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    10-24-13 08:32 PM
    I
    Yup. It's annoying!

Posted via CB10
    Sideload the android version of cb app. It works better than official bb10 CB app it is known issue and crackberry is not fixing it.
    If you need the bar file I can upload.
    CDM76, plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    10-24-13 09:23 PM
    I hope the 4th is the latest for the first firm bid. Nobody wants to jump in first and cause the price to rise. But, someone's got to start. Never seems to make a difference at an auction. I say the first bid is just prior to the 4th, so Prem doesn't have to get firm after all.

Posted via CB10
    Agree...I picked the fourth just as an arbitrary date. I hope BBMx goes viral...even if it doesn't this weeks showing should add some zeros to the value of the brand...regardless of IP valueation.....let the games begin

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and Randeman like this.
    10-24-13 09:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Amongst other issues with CB app ( like not being able to block and still seeing messages of ppl I blocked on the laptop). CB definitely isn't what it used to be. This thread is one of only things that keeps me coming back.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:57 PM
    I wouldnt even dare to tell my wife that I'm thinking of doing this as well. I'm also might be breaking one the rule and it costed me a year worth of saving. Would love to get some opinions as far as timing as Nov 4 is coming up and I didnt think anything would materialize that soon and recall M8 mentioned this could take some time to finalize everything. With that in mind, the key at the moment seems to be getting a second bidder to come into the picture. With those calls, timing is everything. GL to you and myself as I will need it

GL to myself, Loaded up with some calls for Jan 18 2014 Strike 9. I like to welcome myself back to the BBRY picture again and hope the luck along with some patience will turn in all of our favour..
    Posts like this one are a little scary to me. Buying stock is one thing. The stock market generally goes up so it is gambling with the odds in your favor. But calls that expire not to long from now seems really risky to me. Bbry is hanging by a thread. I'm in and holding shares myself, but I'm not putting anything serious at risk. Especially not now since I've already suffered losses and the shares I hold are less valuable.

This a company which could really retract. Or it will be taken private for a song. Either way, shareholders aren't going to do very well. There is lots to like about the culture and the OS. I'm writing this on my very nice Q10. But it might take years for bbry to monetize this and I think it will be private before it does.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:11 PM
    Chasing anything rarely works...be careful.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:21 PM
    Chasing anything rarely works...be careful.

Posted via CB10
    what about chasing skirts?
    sidhuk, CDM76, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    10-24-13 10:52 PM
    what about chasing skirts?
    Case in point...lol

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, cjcampbell, CDM76 and 4 others like this.
    10-24-13 11:28 PM
    I keep hearing about monetizing BBM and just want to remind everyone that nothing starts making money immediately. Look at Yahoo, google, facebook, whatsup, viber, instagra, zynga, etc. First step is to increase market share, get people addicted to it then start charging..tech economics 101.
    Let's BBM grow first, get popular and then ask for money. Let it be enterprise collobration tool, consumer chat tool, governments texting tool, banking and money will come. Having good name for BB is MONEY.
    10-25-13 01:15 AM
    Or just generalize bbm money for example and get a fee on transaction like PayPal.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 01:31 AM
    Hi Morgan:

Given that short interest has gone up based on the latest number (from 140M to 146M), what is the thinking that these short holders have? We have reached BBMx launch with good numbers, 10.2, Z30, and multiple interested parties. Are they so convinced that there will be no deal or a deal below $9?

Thank you.
    10-25-13 02:09 AM
    I am always frustrated by Apple's lack of innovation (yet the praise they get), but this is just more proof of the things they get right . . . and that Frank is a terrible CMO -
    10-25-13 02:30 AM
    I am always frustrated by Apple's lack of innovation (yet the praise they get), but this is just more proof of the things they get right . . . and that Frank is a terrible CMO -
    Great ad!

I just watched the recent Apple presentation last night. Wasn't impressed with the hardware presented, but the software got me excited.
    I beta tested their iWork on clouds 2 years ago, it was crappy then but it looks great now.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 05:28 AM
    Great ad!

I just watched the recent Apple presentation last night. Wasn't impressed with the hardware presented, but the software got me excited.
    I beta tested their iWork on clouds 2 years ago, it was crappy then but it looks great now.

Posted via CB10
    The hardware and software combination is amazing. I read that the Macbook Air (which is very thin and light) will now get 15 hours of use on a charge when you install their latest operating system Mavericks. Compare that to to the performance of PC laptops even using the same Haswell cpu. Compare the battery life of the Surface tablet.

The hardware is amazing. Finally bbry has the rock solid qnx based OS. So there is a chance to compete on software. But it will take years to catch up. But at least if bbry can keep going it has that chance because the foundation is good.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    10-25-13 05:50 AM
    The hardware and software combination is amazing. I read that the Macbook Air (which is very thin and light) will now get 15 hours of use on a charge when you install their latest operating system Mavericks. Compare that to to the performance of PC laptops even using the same Haswell cpu. Compare the battery life of the Surface tablet.

The hardware is amazing. Finally bbry has the rock solid qnx based OS. So there is a chance to compete on software. But it will take years to catch up. But at least if bbry can keep going it has that chance because the foundation is good.

Posted via CB10
    I like the integration of their mobile devices with their desktop computer. That plus putting 64 bit into handheld devices suggest that Apple is taking computing mobile. Something that Microsoft has been trying to do but failing. And something that BlackBerry had an advantage but failing to implement so far. Moreover, you can't compete with free OS and free iWork (even clouds version).

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 06:21 AM
113,251 ... 21292130213121322133 ...