View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    10-24-13 01:07 PM
    BBM is seriously blowing up! This has to be good for the stock. But I understand it will take time to monetize this sucker. $9 from Prem is a joke at this point, as far as I'm concerned, with 4 or more potential bidders.

I would like to see them sell everything except for BBM and let BBM compete with the likes of Facebook and Twitter.

Go Jets go!
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    10-24-13 01:34 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Fairfax In The Home Stretch On BlackBerry Acquisition, Right? - Seeking Alpha

If they get the bid together, he believes mike, the ex-apple ceo, and fairfax will form a group
    10-24-13 01:41 PM
    That's what worries me... collusion.

Go Jets go!
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Korepab like this.
    10-24-13 01:46 PM
    That's what worries me... collusion.

Go Jets go!
    not really collusion, he probably would be more like an enabler for FF. we definitely need one bid, so the others HAVE to out bid FF.
    FF is BB's best friend in this auction, as long as he comes through...
    not collusion because i doubt the Apple guy could do something on his own.
    zyben likes this.
    10-24-13 02:06 PM
    Well, Android store still says "5,000,000 to 10,000,000" downloads. Given that Android has a larger market-share, iOS downloads must also be below this range. So, it'd seem that downloads have either slowed down or we are under 20M downloads (overall). So, we are not quite at 100M total users yet.

Everyone, come on, get more people to download BBM! Just ask your friends to go to www.bbm.com from their phone's browser. It'd auto direct you to app download page for your particular phone's OS.
    Much of the reported android market share are smartphones that are never used on a dataplan and never download an app. Most non-game apps are download much more on iOS than on android. But iPhone have iMessage as default message system so they may not be in market for BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 02:18 PM
    Waiting line is down to 5 hours according to a friend who registered at 4:30 (GMT+1) and she just received her PIN

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 02:21 PM
    Wait wait. She never received an email she says. And she's using BBM on her Nexus.. never mind, women....... :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 02:24 PM
    They need to get cloud hosted BES out ASAP. Companies now prefer to pay for hosted (infrastructure) and not worry about upgrades or hardware issures.
    And office365 integration.
    Wake me up when MSFT comes to life with real BBM-X and o365 integration.
    Technically both are/should be ready (MY speculation-ish affirmation) and we are expecting the package and ribbon.

I know I'm stubborn. Sorry.

That's from my awesome Z30.
    10-24-13 02:30 PM
    Could all these interested parties just be the future partners of fairfax?

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-24-13 02:31 PM
    Good luck. Still debating. Last time I broke my rules BBRY it cost me $2,500. I posted here and said I wasn't getting in until it broke out above $18, it didn't, I got impatient and bought in at $15 and lost what I had made on previous BBRY gambles. Still a $1,000 gamble on some Dec $9 calls controls 2500 shares. A little pop above 10 before mid Dec and well...... If it doesn't materialize then you kiss your grand goodbye. My wife doesn't know about this little account.... Back to work....
    I wouldnt even dare to tell my wife that I'm thinking of doing this as well. I'm also might be breaking one the rule and it costed me a year worth of saving. Would love to get some opinions as far as timing as Nov 4 is coming up and I didnt think anything would materialize that soon and recall M8 mentioned this could take some time to finalize everything. With that in mind, the key at the moment seems to be getting a second bidder to come into the picture. With those calls, timing is everything. GL to you and myself as I will need it

GL to myself, Loaded up with some calls for Jan 18 2014 Strike 9. I like to welcome myself back to the BBRY picture again and hope the luck along with some patience will turn in all of our favour..
    10-24-13 02:35 PM
    Short position hasn't changed much;

9/30/2013 142,340,222
    10/15/2013 146,867,565
    10-24-13 03:08 PM
    I wouldnt even dare to tell my wife that I'm thinking of doing this as well. I'm also might be breaking one the rule and it costed me a year worth of saving. Would love to get some opinions as far as timing as Nov 4 is coming up and I didnt think anything would materialize that soon and recall M8 mentioned this could take some time to finalize everything. With that in mind, the key at the moment seems to be getting a second bidder to come into the picture. With those calls, timing is everything. GL to you and myself as I will need it

GL to myself, Loaded up with some calls for Jan 18 2014 Strike 9. I like to welcome myself back to the BBRY picture again and hope the luck along with some patience will turn in all of our favour..
    What's the downside from here on? Mikey, Prem, and Heins need to protect their own shares, which are all higher than $9/share.
    10-24-13 03:09 PM
    What's the downside from here on? Mikey, Prem, and Heins need to protect their own shares, which are all higher than $9/share.
    Try explaining that to the wife =P When I exited my common position, the blow was tough to take but what made it even tougher is she said that you rather lose money on stocks instead of taking me on a nice trip. LOL right then and there, i was speechless, so my lips are sealed and no mention a word until something good comes up. Got a few months to go and hopefully things will pan itself out, if not these are the gamble I have to take with those option trades
    10-24-13 03:15 PM
    Try explaining that to the wife =P When I exited my common position, the blow was tough to take but what made it even tougher is she said that you rather lose money on stocks instead of taking me on a nice trip. LOL right then and there, i was speechless, so my lips are sealed and no mention a word until something good comes up. Got a few months to go and hopefully things will pan itself out, if not these are the gamble I have to take with those option trades
    Been there man.
    What ended up happening was my wife went on vacation without me. First with the kids, but now she goes by herself and leaves the kids with me. You understand why half of my office looks like a day care facility. LOL
    10-24-13 03:43 PM
    Been there man.
    What ended up happening was my wife went on vacation without me. First with the kids, but now she goes by herself and leaves the kids with me. You understand why half of my office looks like a day care facility. LOL
    Fortunately and unfortunately that we said yes and made the vows. Bitter sweet my friend, thinking about this made my decision to buy more calls a little easier since it can't get any worse. GL
    10-24-13 04:04 PM
    Could all these interested parties just be the future partners of fairfax?

Posted via CB10
    Collusion... Come on Lenovo and CDN Government, let's get this deal done!

Go Jets go!
    sidhuk, fedakd and abouthsu like this.
    10-24-13 04:06 PM
    it can't get any worse. GL
    I wouldn't say that
    10-24-13 04:24 PM
    Oh man they are all the same!!!

bungaboy likes this.
    10-24-13 04:59 PM
    Oh man they are all the same!!!
    The wives are probably saying exactly the same about us. LOL
    10-24-13 05:13 PM
    One line I repeated and still remember today, *for better or worse*.
    10-24-13 05:25 PM
    M8! Off topic. What do you think IAG will top this uptrend at? I have some march calls but it's had a good run here the past couple of weeks. High 5s?
    10-24-13 05:39 PM
    Yep
    10-24-13 05:42 PM
    M8! Off topic. What do you think IAG will top this uptrend at? I have some march calls but it's had a good run here the past couple of weeks. High 5s?
    spiller!!

I'm with you. we closed at $ 5.37/shr which is the 50-dma and tomorrow we should gap above that mark and head for the 200-dma which is at $ 5.88/shr (US). I don't see the stock going much higher, maybe it will touch $ 6.00/shr but I will be watching from the sidelines at $ 5.80/shr. A great run in only a few weeks. GL
    10-24-13 05:51 PM
    Even BGR is raving the BBM-X launch...
    http://bgr.com/2013/10/24/bbm-downlo...lobal-success/

Something...

That's from my awesome Z30.
    10-24-13 05:55 PM
113,252 ... 21282129213021312132 ...