Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Interesting details in this news release:

Coller Capital Said to Be in Talks to Join BlackBerry Bid - Bloomberg

Now, I may not be a rocket scientist, but even if the patents are valued at the low end of analyst estimates $1.6B, and if they are worth 20% of BlackBerry's total value, the current value of BlackBerry is $8B or $15.26/share.

If the individual that gave Bloomberg the story this morning is correct, then this seems reasonable. Thoughts?

Oh, and fin2007, this excludes you.
    fedakd!!

I missed that point on the first go, thanks. They have a solid $ 15.00/shr in value and you can see how they could value the company much higher in the sum of the parts analysis. These guys are willing to do the financing for all of the purchase, and, they only want 10% of the patents. They are willing to license those patents to the acquirer of the company. So now you have financing in place for just about anyone who wants the company. If you look at the debt on $ 5.0 Billion at 6%, BlackBerry's cash and cash-flow will carry that debt for a long time. This deal keeps getting easier to do every day.

Now BlackBerry has two goals for the next 6-months, work on BB 10.3xxxx and enhance BBM-X Plus for other platforms and add some real spice to BBM for BlackBerry, don't do anything else but those two things while closing BES.10.2 deals. The stock will fly under those conditions, forget about a buy out. Do they really need 7,000 staff to do these two things?
    10-22-13 01:32 PM
    you really an **. I never replied your post before, but you keep replying my message.

Please ignore me, You are on my ignore list, I do not care for another delusional fan. I am here for trading.
    I see. You are here for trading. Hmmmmm.....

So you want to base your trades on the stupid, delusional fans on a fan site.
    Hmmmmmm......

Totally, off topic, but don't you think you may be in the wrong place ????
    10-22-13 01:33 PM
    Beat it Fin.

Go Jets go!
    10-22-13 01:36 PM
    They could run an affiliate program: offer 1 dollar per new user / download.. It would cost some money but could ensure they strike the iron while it's hot

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 01:41 PM
    Or offer free downloads from the various app stores. Not sure how that would work though

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 01:43 PM
    lol... so much better and newer, they gave it a new name.... the iPad Air. Thinner and lighter.
    With "Wings"?
    10-22-13 02:00 PM
    iPad Air - sounds like some mystical flying carpet transportation company.
    A feminine product?
    10-22-13 02:02 PM
    I agree with Morgan.

The smartphone battle is no longer about devices. It is now a software battle.

Devices will soon become like PCS, they are all basically the same.

BlackBerry future is BBM (strength to brand plus some revs in the future), bes 10 (main revenue source) and bb10 (bread and butter through device sales). The devices are good enough and I think they have focused on the important things, battery life and productivity (browser, email, keyboard, etc). People like me want an out of the box solution that really works.

Z30 and Q10 really do well here.

They need some killer features for 10.3. What I would like to see is the ability to plug into a screen and the OS becomes a workstation.

Leave the laptop at home, carry around keyboard and mouse and I am done. If they can add a dumb screen with miracast, I think we will see the beginning of the end of the tablet form factor.

I may be jumping the gun, but if they can bring the mobile computing vision alive that is what i had in mind.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:05 PM
    So there is talk of MORE bidders. Bbm rollout is a success and share prices going DOWN. Wtf.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:12 PM
    Share price is all to do with buyout news. You shouldn't expect it to trade normally

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:14 PM
    the ALL NEW!!!
    lol... so much better and newer, they gave it a new name.... the iPad Air. Thinner and lighter.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-22-13 02:29 PM
    This is the comedy show of the moment. Twitter reacts to BBM. There are so many more.....

Why. Get. Bbm. When. You. Have. An. iPhone. I. Do. Not Know. What. Is. Wrong With. Everyone

All im seeing is bbm this and bbm that !

There's 10,000 BBM pins on my instagram, twitter and Facebook.. WHY

Literally all of my Instagram followers have uploaded a picture of their bbm profile asking people to add them��

I can't cope with the amount of posts on facebook of people saying 'add me up on bbm' please stop it's making me sad

Instagram today aka annoying people uploading screenshots of their bbm

#BBM for #Android and #iPhone is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while. BBM stands for Blackberry Messenger, no?

Why is everyone getting BBM except ME? D:

we shall discuss this further on bbm because you my dear , are too much for just 140 characters. X_X"

The only thing I loved about bbm was that dribbling emoji ��
    10-22-13 02:30 PM
    10-22-13 02:31 PM
    At this rate it will take 15 days to surpass whatsapp....lol. wink wink

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:36 PM
    10-22-13 02:39 PM
    At this rate it will take 15 days to surpass whatsapp....lol. wink wink

Posted via CB10
    they claim to have 300 million users nowadays :-) so 24 days!!
    10-22-13 02:40 PM
    I like this part
    In just 24 hours BBM has been downloaded over 10 million times by Android and iPhone users, one of the best single-day openings for a mobile app to date.

BlackBerry (BBRY) Reports 10M Downloads of BBM App on Android, iOS (AAPL) (GOOG)
    10-22-13 02:41 PM
    although realistically, they'll overtake / overclass WhatsApp once they introduce BBM video.. imo

time to get the teams working 24/7 again..
    10-22-13 02:43 PM
    BBM status of an Android using friend...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001067_edit.png
    10-22-13 02:46 PM
    Another thing thats insane is how many new BBM group threads are popping up, so much so, its almost completely drowning out the negative thread titles when you do a new post search! ...... I think we all new this app would be popular, but I did not see this coming.
    10-22-13 02:49 PM
    Loving it!

WATERLOO, ONTARIO, Oct 22, 2013 (Marketwired via COMTEX) -- In just 24 hours BBM(TM) has been downloaded over 10 million times by Android(TM) and iPhone(R) users, one of the best single-day openings for a mobile app to date. BBM, the premier private social network from BlackBerry(R) /quotes/zigman/19622165/quotes/nls/bbry BBRY +0.18% /quotes/zigman/19593146 CA:BB -0.35% , is available for free in the App Store(SM) and Google Play(TM) for immediate download.

BBM also quickly rose through the rankings on the App Store to be the number one free app in more than 75 countries in the first 24 hours, including the US, Canada, the UK, Indonesia and most of the Middle East. User ratings in both the App Store and Google Play are overwhelmingly positive, earning BBM 60,000 five-star reviews on Google Play from about 87,000 reviews.

"This has been an incredible launch for BBM across Android and iPhone devices. The mobile messaging market is full of opportunity for BBM. We intend to be the leading private social network for everyone who needs the immediate communication and collaboration of instant messaging combined with the privacy, control and reliability delivered through BBM," said Andrew Bocking, Executive Vice President, BBM at BlackBerry.

BBM users, old and new, are enjoying the following features:
    10-22-13 02:51 PM
    Is Prem going to get one of the fastest growing, most secure and robust IM and social networks on the planet for free?

I don't think so, my position just got larger.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:52 PM
    10-22-13 02:53 PM
    Is Prem going to get one of the fastest growing, most secure and robust IM and social networks on the planet for free?

I don't think so, my position just got larger.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't add any bit haven't sold any either.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:53 PM
    I didn't add any bit haven't sold any either.

Posted via CB10
    I know......once you reach a point when you will need to report to the SEC if you buy any more, you just don't want the hassle :-)
    10-22-13 02:56 PM
113,256 ... 21212122212321242125 ...