1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I still want them to sell there hardware division and keep everything else

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 06:58 AM
    I would have thought that BBRY would have shown some positive movement when BBM was introduced.

Instead is seemed to go down. Why?
    I would have thought that....

People with no stake whatsoever in BlackBerry,
    People who have always wished for the death of BlackBerry,
    People who are convinved that BlackBerry is dead,
    People who hate the BB10 platform
    People who have believed that BBM had no interest and will not gain much support,
    People who think that BlackBerry users are stupid and fools,
    People who think Vegas is a better option than BB stock,
    People who have nothing positive to say about BlackBerry ever,

....... would have no interest in visiting this thread or this forum, and would rather spend their time and resources on things that they feel positive about.

Instead, they spend most of their waking hours here. Why?
    10-22-13 07:04 AM
    With watsa's bid the stock is not going anywhere

The only thing that will move it is more bids.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    10-22-13 07:42 AM
    Take it with a grain of salt but I just heard that the queue for BBMX is over 15 million now.
    10-22-13 07:53 AM
    Hi gang, � short note from San S�bastien in Spain where my Z30 is quite watched lol

Things are going in the expected direction. BES10. 2 is on its way. Enterprises still have strong positive perception of BlackBerry solutions (don't argue about current market shares and how they have the foot on the break, we know about it, thx).
    Now we need the big one, the Bertha, the fat lady to come.

Nothing most un-believers were waiting for.
    They are a little disappointed and angry right now, so be cool with them. Their writings will stay for history, don't add anything, they are welcome to expose their thoughts, even if "we" totally disagree.

Stay calm, stay bold, stay BlackBerry style.

That's from my awesome Z30.
    10-22-13 07:56 AM
    BBRY should charge a buck or two to activate the BBM video and other features on Iphone and Android phones.
    Only for Iphone users. LoL. Androids cheap stuff, give em free.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-22-13 08:15 AM
    Good to see what looks like a successful BBM relaunch. No stock movement is a little disappointing. I am still not thinking BBM will move the buyout needle/value much but it is good to have something, anything, positive out there. Thinking about selling my HALO at a hefty profit (25%) and totally gambling on some Dec BBRY calls. Not sure I am feeling that lucky though. I might as I had written the original BBRY money off only to have it partially rescued by HALO, so what was lost once, might be found again..... There is decent open interest on the Dec 9's at around .36 +/-.
    10-22-13 08:21 AM
    Lol...that's the thing with stocks, what seems like a disaster is often recoverable pretty quickly...good luck with your play.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 08:24 AM
    Take it with a grain of salt but I just heard that the queue for BBMX is over 15 million now.
    I did some calculations last night while interviewing JD and she was bit higher than 15 mill. These numbers dont need grain of salt in my opinion and are with in striking distance. If india alone catches on xbbm than this will not only grow like crazy but does have the possibilities to increase Blackberry phone sales. Unless otherwise management screws up. LoL
    10-22-13 08:25 AM
    i think the stock might perform well this week given BBM's popularity on iOS and Android
    10-22-13 08:26 AM
    Good to see what looks like a successful BBM relaunch. No stock movement is a little disappointing. I am still not thinking BBM will move the buyout needle/value much but it is good to have something, anything, positive out there. Thinking about selling my HALO at a hefty profit (25%) and totally gambling on some Dec BBRY calls. Not sure I am feeling that lucky though. I might as I had written the original BBRY money off only to have it partially rescued by HALO, so what was lost once, might be found again..... There is decent open interest on the Dec 9's at around .36 +/-.
    the Jan options give you more room for error, for not that much more
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-22-13 08:27 AM
    Lol...that's the thing with stocks, what seems like a disaster is often recoverable pretty quickly...good luck with your play.

Posted via CB10
    I will see how it opens and if it stays there or drops a bit, then flip a coin, as good as any "investment" advice......
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-22-13 08:29 AM
    the Jan options give you more room for error, for not that much more
    True, but I have some (good) tax issues that I'd rather take the the hit or cash in for in 2013 and start 2014 fresh. US marginal rates suck, and deductions phase out quickly, so if you are going to be the top rate, and not sure if you will be there next year, it makes some sense to take losses in the current year to offset gains or book profits so you don't push yourself into the top rate next year. I have a little flexibility on how I book income so ..... It's a guessing game at best
    10-22-13 08:33 AM
    That's what I was thinking last night too. I am up 33% with HALO (thanks, M8!), thinking of putting that into BBRY.
    Still not sure yet though...

Edit: still have my original BBRY block, which is now down 20%
    10-22-13 08:43 AM
    Bbm is #1 in the app store.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-imageuploadedbycb-forums1382449764.520537.jpg
    10-22-13 08:49 AM
    Good to see a successful launch for once. I'm getting everyone I know to download and at least try it.

Meanwhile, AMD just keeps dropping. Sad.
    10-22-13 08:52 AM
    Coller Capital, the private-equity firm founded by British financier Jeremy Coller, is in talks with multiple bidders to team up on an offer for BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY), a person familiar with the discussions said.

Coller will be putting up some financing as part of the bids, said the person, who asked not be identified because the talks are private. The firm, which buys and sells intellectual property, is seeking to acquire about 10 percent of BlackBerry’s patents if it makes a deal, the person said.
    Coller Capital Said to Be in Talks to Join BlackBerry Bid - Bloomberg
    10-22-13 09:16 AM
    You really believe bbry can become a successful social medial company? That chance would be even lower than BBRY sold at 9+.
    10-22-13 09:19 AM
    You really believe bbry can become a successful social medial company? That chance would be even lower than BBRY sold at 9+.
    Dude your annoying. who do you work for seriously??? That's the only reason I could see you coming here so often to bash BlackBerry

Posted from My all in one beauty Z10
    10-22-13 09:34 AM
    bidders are lining up, market still says, show me the money.
    but since the break fee after Nov 4 will be better than before, what is the incentive for FF to confirm their bid early?
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    10-22-13 09:35 AM
    bidders are lining up, market still says, show me the money.
    but since the break fee after Nov 4 will be better than before, what is the incentive for FF to confirm their bid early?
    Actually, I think there is no incentive to confirm early. So far, by leaving it as is, others have come out of the woodwork. If he did firm up his offer, it would put the rush on others and when billions are on the line, rushing to bid is not an option.
    10-22-13 09:42 AM
    Actually, I think there is no incentive to confirm early. So far, by leaving it as is, others have come out of the woodwork. If he did firm up his offer, it would put the rush on others and when billions are on the line, rushing to bid is not an option.
    Not for me....hurry up already

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 09:49 AM
    Dude your annoying. who do you work for seriously??? That's the only reason I could see you coming here so often to bash BlackBerry

Posted from My all in one beauty Z10
    I've already asked him that and he did not answer. Apparently it's the only question he doesn't have an answer for.

The silence is deafening.
    10-22-13 09:51 AM
    Finally!!!!!!

We have been waiting for this news for so long and its here and downloading well. I wanted to see BBM-X, BB 10.2 and the Z30 and we have, well almost, (no BB 10.2 yet for the masses) a trifecta!! I'm sure they will roll out BB 10.2 any day now and that gives BlackBerry something to work with going into the holiday season. All they need to do now is build on the BBM-X experience worldwide, the media will be onto it, all positive news and new features to compete with other social media. Get voice and video out to the masses and a desktop solution, you can do it BlackBerry!!!

Prem must know that others are having a look at this launch and saying, "hey, this BBM-X is an exciting asset". We won't see much happen from Prem going forward, he knows as well as all other smart investors, that no one looks at an acquisition thinking they are $ .50/shr away from stealing the whole thing. The real offers will be in dollars not cents. I would think that this launch will sell BB phones too, they have a stable of phones now, noting they didn't offer this variety in the past, it's all coming together. We are one partnership away from having the stock in the mid-teens. Let's go with those partnerships!!!

Oh yeah, as for options, if you have to buy them and I'm not a big fan of purchasing options, my rule of thumb is to be close to the current strike price and out as far as you can on time premium. The cost of time is so much cheaper the farther you extend it. That's way most option writers sell short term time premiums to capture the annualized returns that come from them. Just wait for a weak moment and buy those calls. We should hear from our first bidder soon, it might be Prem but likely not, he is too slow to react.
    10-22-13 09:54 AM
    Morgan, for 10.2, I contacted Rogers and was told by the end of the month so, with them at least, I expect next week.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 10:01 AM
113,256 ... 21192120212121222123 ...