View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What's going on today?? We are red again and no one's posting on this topic. Any sort of news today?

Posted from My all in one beauty Z10
    10-21-13 10:12 AM
    I'm not saying that's a good thing.40% is a lot of workforce and knowledge. Sure they rather kept al these people, but the cash pile isn't 200 billion. It could have been far worse, no money or existing and growing debts. BlackBerry management is restructuring the company for the future. Everything tied to legacy OS is not adding value in this vision. That's harsh for the people who are confronted with that fact.
    Media hyped the death of BlackBerry in my opinion. I do not believe in conspiracy. I believe in market manipulation.

"MegaBlackBerry doesn't fit in the avatar box..."
    You need check the finance report before you talk about market manipulation.

With the service revenue dropping 12% quarter over quarter, BBRY need layoff another 4000 people( to be profitable) be even possible profitable next year, otherwise its cash will burn in 18 months like analysts said so.

Check Motorola, they sold $1.1B phones, but still they burned 250M cash for google in one quarter. I do not think BBRY could sell 1.1B worth of phones per quarter from now on, the hardware business is getting tougher and tougher for everyone as there is fewer and fewer innovations there.

See now 1080p screen, 2.x GHZ CPU with 4/8 cores, 3GB memory and 64bits OS are all out, what else you could improve on hardware? It just like PC industries, a 3 year olds top-confiugred PC has no virtually difference comparing to today's top-configured PC.
    10-21-13 10:15 AM
    Fin, all the more reason why OS becomes a differentiating factor, and guess what BlackBerry has one of 4 which are worth noting.

So specs will become less of a factor and OS experience will trump all.

I see BlackBerry gaining traction over the years, if it can survive this initial birthing stage.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 10:30 AM
    Fin, all the more reason why OS becomes a differentiating factor, and guess what BlackBerry has one of 4 which are worth noting.

So specs will become less of a factor and OS experience will trump all.

I see BlackBerry gaining traction over the years, if it can survive this initial birthing stage.

Posted via CB10
    They will loose to Microsoft and Google.

Apple and bbry will fade away in time.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 11:07 AM
    You need check the finance report before you talk about market manipulation.

With the service revenue dropping 12% quarter over quarter, BBRY need layoff another 4000 people( to be profitable) be even possible profitable next year, otherwise its cash will burn in 18 months like analysts said so.

Check Motorola, they sold $1.1B phones, but still they burned 250M cash for google in one quarter. I do not think BBRY could sell 1.1B worth of phones per quarter from now on, the hardware business is getting tougher and tougher for everyone as there is fewer and fewer innovations there.

See now 1080p screen, 2.x GHZ CPU with 4/8 cores, 3GB memory and 64bits OS are all out, what else you could improve on hardware? It just like PC industries, a 3 year olds top-confiugred PC has no virtually difference comparing to today's top-configured PC.
    I agree with you, the earnings have been desastreus. Dropping service revenue will be an issue as BB10 adoption will grow under current BlackBerry users and users adopting other platforms. The restructuration of the organisation will result in less costs, better do that now while there is still cash. A lot of cash will be burned in the coming year. I cannot prove any market manipulation on the stock. But what do you think about certain manufacturers locking up carriers and ebook stores. It might be more significant than it sounds at first. Yes sure it's a free market... Hardware business is indeed a tough market. A disadvantage for BlackBerry is that, no one of their current BES customers will trust some cheap hardware manufacturer.

As for the PC market I agree with you. My 8 year old Mac has no support but is still very usable. You cannot predict innovation, but it is very important to be in the lead.

"MegaBlackBerry doesn't fit in the avatar box..."
    10-21-13 11:15 AM
    10-21-13 11:34 AM
    They're using waiting lines. Smart move.. Now let the feast begin :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 11:52 AM
    This is the news you’ve been waiting for! I am thrilled to tell you that we are about to officially resume our rollout of BBM for Android and iPhone customers around the globe!* In the next few hours, people will start seeing BBM in Google Play, the App Store and in select Samsung App Stores – where it will be free to download.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-21-13 11:52 AM
    Good news. Here's hoping the roll-out goes well and spikes the SP.
    10-21-13 12:19 PM
    Don't hold your breath for the spike. There's a better chance of Uehara letting someone reach second base...
    10-21-13 12:38 PM
    you buy any other stock, you can easily get 10%+ return in the last month.
    Well, BBRY dropped 20% + in the last month.

Silly me, should not get in at 10.x again after I sold at 11.x, greed always hurts in the end.
    10-21-13 12:52 PM

Silly me, should not get in at 10.x again after I sold at 11.x, greed always hurts in the end.
    one bid over FF and you are already looking at something like $9.50. so, a spike is not all that far fetched
    10-21-13 12:58 PM

LOL.... Right... every other stock out there has gained 10% in the last month. You keep trying to state figures and facts that are grossly inaccurate.
    10-21-13 01:00 PM
    Waiting until I see it in the playstore before I start spreading the word again, last time BB made me look like a fool when I had told my friends to download it only to have BB say its being paused. Fool me once shame on me but fool me twice

10-21-13 01:03 PM
    OT: Should have held on to Air Canada. Blah.

Good too see BBM is coming out though... Finally.
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    10-21-13 01:17 PM
    Waiting until I see it in the playstore before I start spreading the word again, last time BB made me look like a fool when I had told my friends to download it only to have BB say its being paused. Fool me once shame on me but fool me twice
    I think GW Bush put it best....."There's an old saying in Tennessee ..... that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."
    10-21-13 01:18 PM
    Any one see it yet in the play store or app store
    10-21-13 01:29 PM
    Round two - BBM now available for the iPhone | CrackBerry.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-21-13 01:40 PM
    so far you can get in if you go to BBM.com on your phone browser and download and register your email
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-21-13 01:41 PM
    Available in Canadian iTunes.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-21-13 01:44 PM
    10-21-13 01:51 PM
    Friend of mine tells me that the Crackberry link for iTunes takes him to whatsapp! In the UK.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 01:53 PM
    yes playstore link works! just downloaded and installed...here's hoping there are no crashes
    Korepab and bungaboy like this.
    10-21-13 02:06 PM
    Please spread the Word!!!!

https://itunes.apple.com/id/app/bbm/...mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Korepab, slipstream89 and bungaboy like this.
    10-21-13 02:11 PM
    What? Positive Press from the Globe?

Globe says BlackBerry still has enterprise support

2013-10-21 08:56 ET - In the News
    The Globe and Mail reports in its Saturday edition that while BlackBerry appears to be struggling to fortify its position in the enterprise market, it would be unwise to dismiss the wounded smart phone giant. A triple-bylined item led by Sean Silcoff says BlackBerry still has a large installed base of customers and many notable clients have upgraded to the latest version of the BES server, including Air Canada, MetLife, Citigroup, PwC Canada and Torys LLP. Meanwhile, BlackBerry offers an array of levels of security offerings, including the industry's "gold standard," still favoured by secretive government agencies. BlackBerry may be in better shape to survive a collapse in pricing and a shakeout of the industry's increasingly numerous device management players, which Gartner analyst John Girard recently warned may be in store. "Mobile device management is in chaos ... and I think this market is going to die," he said in June. Those are hardly encouraging words for BlackBerry, but the company is keeping a brave face. "Transformations are hard," says Stephen Bates, BlackBerry's head of enterprise. "But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I can see where we're going."
    10-21-13 02:18 PM
113,256 ... 21152116211721182119 ...