View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    **** Google 1000+ now, sold afterhour at 941.
    With just the increase in their market cap between today and yesterday, Google can afford to buy BlackBerry seven times over and have change left over.

No but you can block the adds in places like YouTube.
    Ads are not a problem if your mobile OS has the ability to run ad blockers.
    10-18-13 11:04 AM
    Because the BB10 Browser is HTML5, it knows the difference between an add and content and doesn't even download the add.
    Buy for $2.99
    BlackBerry World - Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker

Google ain't gonna like that....there's another reason to try to kill BB.
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    10-18-13 11:06 AM
    Holy cow, closing the app gap in numbers is important for BB10..... but this is incredible: http://crackberry.com/s4bb-submits-a...ackberry-world

Now go get the quality prosumer Apps...

"MegaBlackBerry doesn't fit in the avatar box..."
    10-18-13 11:08 AM
    Because the BB10 Browser is HTML5, it knows the difference between an add and content and doesn't even download the add.
    What? This doesn't make sense. Just because the menus and other UI elements of the BB10 browser is html5, how does this fact have any bearing at all on determining what is an ad or not? Most ad blockers work by maintaining a list of known ad sites. Without using a list, it would take some extremely complex AI to determine what is or isn't an ad.

Buy for $2.99
    BlackBerry World - Evolution Web Browser with Ad Blocker

Google ain't gonna like that....there's another reason to try to kill BB.
    Why, when Android has had ad blocking for years? The things is, only a tiny minority of mobile users even bother to use them so it's not a problem. On desktop browsers, ad blocking is a lot more prevalent.
    10-18-13 11:17 AM
    Jokes aside, some IT managers say there's no option other than BlackBerry for security - Computerworld

The above article highlights why BES is so important for the security conscientious, especially for government officials around the world. Canadian government will be very diligent in its review of BBRY takeover. (Any Chinese firms bidding will be left out.)
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    10-18-13 11:41 AM
    No but you can block the adds in places like YouTube.
    First, google ad revenue mostly comes from search, not youtube, which actually still loses money for google.
    Second, in your smartphone, if you use google youtube app, you can not block it, unless you uses some third-party app, but most people in the world would use Google's youtube app, do not think everyone knows all the apps outside.

I can give you 10+ more reasons why Google owns right now, but in the end you will still claim BBRY owns. LOL
    It is just too hard to argue vs. a delusional fan.
    10-18-13 11:42 AM
    Well paper loss turned into reality today.Sold all BB and BBRY shares.
    Too bad all the people at Blackberry lost their jobs,that is the worst part .
    10-18-13 12:01 PM
    Does anyone know if Mike Lazaridis and partner are still interested in the takeover of BB? Nothing is being said about the interest they have. It is my understanding that the only bid so far is from Fairfax at 9$ and that Lenovo is looking into the possibility of putting in an offer. Thanks for your answer.
    10-18-13 12:28 PM
    Well paper loss turned into reality today.Sold all BB and BBRY shares.
    Too bad all the people at Blackberry lost their jobs,that is the worst part .
    Sorry to see you go Gerard,

It is just beginning to get interesting now, we have several players having a good look at the company. Almost all the data you would ever need to decide if you want to buy a publically traded company, is on the Net. At this stage, they aren't looking too deep here, they know what they want and are going to the next level to have talks with the company. Prem bought some time to see how things play out with his large investment, he doesn't need much time to do a deal here so I think we're really seeing him allow for others to step up and make it known what they would like to see happen to the assets. This deal is not a large purchase, it can be done be many of the players as a matter of expansion of their business, to drive revenues and take assets off the market from others. Signing a NDA to look at the books is a formality here, they are ready to do a deal now. The stock is behaving nicely now, there aren't shares for sale at this level, you can't even day trade the darn thing. Look for some big fireworks next week, it's time to kick things off with BBM=X, BB 10.2 and some counter offers.
    10-18-13 12:33 PM
    Does anyone know if Mike Lazaridis and partner are still interested in the takeover of BB? Nothing is being said about the interest they have. It is my understanding that the only bid so far is from Fairfax at 9$ and that Lenovo is looking into the possibility of putting in an offer. Thanks for your answer.
    Ceberus has applied for the NDA package too, as well as others are reported to be looking at it. Prem has an "intent to purchase" submitted, not an "offer to buy" the company. No one has an offer to buy the company yet, but it is likely you will see a series of them come forward soon. Mike L won't talk about his involvement in the deal, but once again, he has spent some decent money joining forces with his co-founder and we all know he wants the company to stay together as a whole. It was suggested that he has powerful backing for his upcoming bid (BNN yesterday). Things are just starting to get interesting here, Prem has a weak bid that will likely fail, he wouldn't get the votes to take it over at $ 9.00/shr so look for something that will get Mike L and Prem to part with their shares.
    10-18-13 12:40 PM
    If a non Canadian company wants bbry, the Canadian government could require the purchase be as a wholly owned subsidiary. Bbry would then remain in Canada along with the development, etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 12:44 PM
    10-18-13 12:49 PM
    If a non Canadian company wants bbry, the Canadian government could require the purchase be as a wholly owned subsidiary. Bbry would then remain in Canada along with the development, etc.

Posted via CB10
    leaving BB in Canada is not going to make much of a difference, the issue is control over the company.
    but keeping as many Canadians employed will get the buyer some browny points.
    Randeman likes this.
    10-18-13 12:51 PM
    leaving BB in Canada is not going to make much of a difference, the issue is control over the company.
    but keeping as many Canadians employed will get the buyer some browny points.
    Yes. And if bbry is structured into a buyer in such a way that they get money from the bbry and only top level oversight, it could be doable.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 01:12 PM
    And the reason that the stock is below $9 is because the street either think it's a bs bid or he doesn't have the backing. I just hope his bid isn't a fake one out of desperation to get some other bids. If not I think we might see a bidding war... I hope.

Go Jets go!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-18-13 01:13 PM
    And the reason that the stock is below $9 is because the street either think it's a bs bid or he doesn't have the backing. I just hope his bid isn't a fake one out of desperation to get some other bids. If not I think we might see a bidding war... I hope.

Go Jets go!
    Look up time value of money

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 01:21 PM
    ... It was suggested that he has powerful backing for his upcoming bid (BNN yesterday). Things are just starting to get interesting here, Prem has a weak bid that will likely fail, he wouldn't get the votes to take it over at $ 9.00/shr so look for something that will get Mike L and Prem to part with their shares.
    Hi Morgan; do you think Mike L would bid above his SP average ($15 isn't, it?)?
    10-18-13 02:00 PM
    Hi guys,
    I love to see this thread in a slow motion mode.
    The street is silent and wondering what's really going to happend, after calling "us" desilutional or blind.
    Now the story takes a direction most didn't appreciate. Bidders are around and I still expect some big players to join the dance, at least to avoid their competitors to grab a big value/advantage for cheap.
    Time for a week off with my daughters in the SW of France (yup Ben, St Jean de luz !) with my Zes and Qs as sole internet links.
    Let's see how my Z30 will handle that ! (I'm pretty sure it'll do very well !)

Cheers and have an excellent weekend !
    10-18-13 02:03 PM
    Hi guys,
    I love to see this thread in a slow motion mode.
    The street is silent and wondering what's really going to happend, after calling "us" desilutional or blind.
    Now the story takes a direction most didn't appreciate. Bidders are around and I still expect some big players to join the dance, at least to avoid their competitors to grab a big value/advantage for cheap.
    Time for a week off with my daughters in the SW of France (yup Ben, St Jean de luz !) with my Zes and Qs as sole internet links.
    Let's see how my Z30 will handle that ! (I'm pretty sure it'll do very well !)

Cheers and have an excellent weekend !
    Michelle and I loved St Jean de Luz.....have a fabulous time Antoine...so wish we were there with you all!
    rarsen, sidhuk, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    10-18-13 02:26 PM
    10-18-13 02:34 PM
    Ceberus has applied for the NDA package too, as well as others are reported to be looking at it. Prem has an "intent to purchase" submitted, not an "offer to buy" the company. No one has an offer to buy the company yet, but it is likely you will see a series of them come forward soon. Mike L won't talk about his involvement in the deal, but once again, he has spent some decent money joining forces with his co-founder and we all know he wants the company to stay together as a whole. It was suggested that he has powerful backing for his upcoming bid (BNN yesterday). Things are just starting to get interesting here, Prem has a weak bid that will likely fail, he wouldn't get the votes to take it over at $ 9.00/shr so look for something that will get Mike L and Prem to part with their shares.
    Any chance all of these suitors are just members of the consortium conducting due diligence? Why fight to get BlackBerry when we can work together and get it for a steal of a deal.
    10-18-13 03:07 PM
    I wanted to say thanks to the group for continuing to comment these last few weeks. I've been silent because I'm really in the dark on where the company is headed. But, I've appreciated reading everyone's thoughts here. I'm hoping that Morgan, SuperFly, and several others are right, that this is the calm before some interesting developments. Cheers!
    Corbu, bigbadben10, jxnb and 12 others like this.
    10-18-13 03:08 PM
    I wanted to say thanks to the group for continuing to comment these last few weeks. I've been silent because I'm really in the dark on where the company is headed. But, I've appreciated reading everyone's thoughts here. I'm hoping that Morgan, SuperFly, and several others are right, that this is the calm before some interesting developments. Cheers!
    If you have noticed BB is moving up slowly...ending Friday on a high note. This one still has some fight in it . Be patient RR..like the rest of us! Have a great weekend!
    10-18-13 03:12 PM
    Any chance all of these suitors are just members of the consortium conducting due diligence? Why fight to get BlackBerry when we can work together and get it for a steal of a deal.
    not really
    10-18-13 03:24 PM
    If you have noticed BB is moving up slowly...ending Friday on a high note. This one still has some fight in it . Be patient RR..like the rest of us! Have a great weekend!
    Thanks, Ben. I'm holding some in-the-money calls (as well as waaayy out of the money LEAPS).

You know, the articles about what went wrong at BlackBerry are not very interesting to me, but I would love to one day read about this time period... there have to be very different opinions within the company about what path to take, right? I also have to think that the programmers and engineers behind BB10/10.2 would love another crack at gaining marketshare, only this time with better sales and marketing support.

You have a great weekend as well!
    10-18-13 03:29 PM
113,256 ... 21122113211421152116 ...