View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So what do people think of Lenovo buying the entire company? Good, bad, indifferent?
    I doubt Lenova will be able to buy BBRY 'in toto' due to security concerns. Taking over the hardware side would be the more likely scenario.
    10-17-13 02:04 PM
    So what do people think of Lenovo buying the entire company? Good, bad, indifferent?
    well they will have to beat FF if they want to buy the whole company. at this point for shareholders the more bidders the better.
    so, if true then $9 is the floor, then the price now is in the basement
    sidhuk and Randeman like this.
    10-17-13 02:06 PM
    I doubt Lenova will be able to buy BBRY 'in toto' due to security concerns. Taking over the hardware side would be the more likely scenario.
    How Bout partnership? where lenovo takes care of the hardware?
    5..4..3..2...1... TTTTTRRRROOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLSSSSS...aaaaaa. come on LoL.

On the other note, Got Rid of My Z30 and sold it on kijiji.

LoL, Not so fast Mrs statecounter.

only to reserve another Z30 on Rogers network. because My first z30 was European model and only did 4g and was not was not fast enough.
    I took $200 loss. (i need some preaching class for loosing my $200).
    Used my Lg g2 for another day and I am damn sure that I want Z30. gonna Return super fast LG G2 Android phone today in favor of Z30.
    10-17-13 02:26 PM
    yes, and BB did lobby the govt. so, if a Chinese sale would be out of the question then nothing would be happening now, i would think.
    Randeman likes this.
    10-17-13 02:26 PM
    Just dropped in to see what spiked the shares today. Hmmmmm, Lenovo? Well, there does seem to be interest coming from many angles today. If it is sustained, there will be a lot of share holders that will be happy....including PW.
    fedakd likes this.
    10-17-13 02:36 PM
    yes, and BB did lobby the govt. so, if a Chinese sale would be out of the question then nothing would be happening now, i would think.
    Good point, that MUST be a good sign!

Go Jets go!
    10-17-13 02:36 PM
    I, personally, would not mind if they bought the company as long as the company is public. I say this because as much as I'd like the company to survive, I still believe what BlackBerry have and what their ambitions are or what they still maybe can make this company a once upon a time $150 a share company again. Time is not on their hands, unfortunately.
    10-17-13 02:38 PM
    Where the heck did the spike go, back down to even. While I won't say Lenovo will end up doing anything, I can't believe the shorts are still trying to ride this out. Why not cover and move on? One announcement and they've lost some serious change. Oh well,sorry to to see the rally fade. Go HALO!
    10-17-13 02:43 PM
    Where the heck did the spike go, back down to even. While I won't say Lenovo will end up doing anything, I can't believe the shorts are still trying to ride this out. Why not cover and move on? One announcement and they've lost some serious change. Oh well,sorry to to see the rally fade. Go HALO!
    For all the good news, I do not think the stockholders are fooled anymore. As long as BBRY does this, the short will always prevail. They are still the least of Blackberry's problems.

When is PW going to go though with his offer?
    10-17-13 02:45 PM
    OTTAWA, Oct 17 (Reuters) - The Canadian government, which has expressed skepticism about Chinese purchases of sensitive Canadian firms, said on Thursday it recognized BlackBerry Ltd was exploring its options but withheld comment on reported interest by China's Lenovo.

"We know BlackBerry is exploring strategic options to enhance its competitiveness," said Industry Minister James Moore, who would have to approve any foreign purchase of BlackBerry.
    bungaboy, plasmid_boy and _dimi_ like this.
    10-17-13 03:07 PM
    Let's hope for a partnership rather than sale..

Posted via CB10
    W Hoa, jxnb, Randeman and 1 others like this.
    10-17-13 03:09 PM
    Let's hope for a partnership rather than sale..

Posted via CB10
    A partner with vision would be needed. Some partners would make for a bad mix.
    10-17-13 03:10 PM
    Agreed, but a partner with a vision, and a marketing dept would help even more.
    sidhuk, fedakd, BergerKing and 4 others like this.
    10-17-13 03:15 PM
    Any favorites? I'd like to see Samsung, Lenovo or Amazon step forward.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, BergerKing and plasmid_boy like this.
    10-17-13 03:15 PM
    6% from goog in 15 minutes.
    10-17-13 03:16 PM
    for those holding $AMD:

Advanced Micro beats by $0.02, beats on revenues
    Advanced Micro (AMD): Q3 EPS of $0.04 beats by $0.02.Revenue of $1.46B (+15% Y/Y) beats by $0.05B. (PR)
    Jahcure and take99 like this.
    10-17-13 03:20 PM
    you really believe Lenova could end buying BBRY? I could see Lenovo takes BB10 OS/hardware dept with several hundreds millions, but there is no way US/Canada government would allow lenova to take all of BBRY.

There is a reason why BBRY could not find a buyer in more than one year, how do you suppose it to find a buyer in one month?

If Lenovo could take BB OS/hardware maybe it would be the best interest for shareholders, but still it is hard to sell the co in parts, there would be many complicated issues and I have never seen one public company was sold in parts in my trading years.
    10-17-13 03:21 PM
    Lenovo did turn around the hardware business they bought from IBM. Think pads were already great products so that was easy. But I think it'll be quite difficult for them to acquire a software company with so many strings attached to governments as BlackBerry. So a hardware deal or a licensing deal for BB10 (for a new BB10 tablet ;-)) could be the case, I guess.

"MegaBlackBerry doesn't fit in the avatar box..."
    10-17-13 03:24 PM
    Lenovo buying the whole company, not very likely to me. But they could be pretending to be buyers in order to get a look under the hood.
    And then decide whether to go for the phones in some way.
    10-17-13 03:38 PM
    Lenovo made a pretty big deal out of peeling the IBM stickers off of Thinkpads three years after they bought the brand. I'm guessing they wouldn't hesitate to get rid of the Blackberry brand as soon as possible. They actually have a pretty good brand now.
    10-17-13 03:45 PM
    im sure blackberry is not dumb enough to not include a clause that prevents that

Lenovo buying the whole company, not very likely to me. But they could be pretending to be buyers in order to get a look under the hood.
    And then decide whether to go for the phones in some way.
    10-17-13 04:54 PM
    Canadian government will not allow a Chinese firm to purchase a secure MDM service provider used by Western government / democracies.

BlackBerry's best hope is Lazaridis teaming with PE to keep the firm whole. At any price higher than $9.

I don't think Google or Microsoft want the whole firm, interested only in the crown jewels. Just my two cents....

im sure blackberry is not dumb enough to not include a clause that prevents that

Sent from CB app on Android
    10-17-13 05:40 PM
    What kind of clause would that be "Sure look at our books but you can't bid." They likely signed an NDA saying they would not disclose any info they learned as a result of their inspection, but beyond that I am not sure what you think they can do or what the issue might be? BBRY has to provide info to any potential bidder they think is qualified in order to solicit bids. Lenovo would certainly qualify, even/esp if it was all about the handset business, which will be, arguably, the hardest piece to sell off if they do a break up sale plan.
    10-17-13 06:14 PM
    you really believe Lenova could end buying BBRY? I could see Lenovo takes BB10 OS/hardware dept with several hundreds millions, but there is no way US/Canada government would allow lenova to take all of BBRY.

There is a reason why BBRY could not find a buyer in more than one year, how do you suppose it to find a buyer in one month?

If Lenovo could take BB OS/hardware maybe it would be the best interest for shareholders, but still it is hard to sell the co in parts, there would be many complicated issues and I have never seen one public company was sold in parts in my trading years.
    Nope I don't expect that at all but did expect the news to rally the stock much more and hold. Silly me.
    10-17-13 06:15 PM
    Yeah, I'm surprised the market moved so little on this news. I get how it isn't really news. There must be a dozen companies who are having a formal look. Lenevo was an obvious one. Even if a company isn't interested, some companies should be looking just for information.

Lenevo should look at this. The PC market is in contraction. Folks are trying to deny it, but it is happening. Lenevo needs to go truely mobile as there is little future in selling windows laptops. I don't know if BBRY is the answer but they need to do something.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 06:31 PM
113,256 ... 21102111211221132114 ...