View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Call it a conspiracy theory folks, but I truly believe that BlackBerry is at least partially being held under water because they don't succumb to all the spy ware tactics that the other OS's do.

Now, back to Alex Jones....
    CDM76, Akuji_ism, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    10-16-13 08:35 PM
    Oh yeah,

Is anyone here part of the current class action suit?
    Should we be cheering for this???
    What are they going for I wonder....
    10-16-13 08:37 PM
    Let's hope this is a trial run and the offices in North America buy Em too!!!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    10-16-13 08:51 PM
    I can hookup my blue tooth mouse and keyboard to my z10. Unfortunately need a hdmi cable for the screen to be put on a monitor. With the z30 should be able to do all of this wireless. So your phone can be sitting in your pocket while you are using it on your desk with a monitor keyboard and mouse.

Posted via CB10
    Somebody PLEASE try this. Post it on YouTube Facebook etc and let it go viral!!!!! Hello yeah!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    10-16-13 08:56 PM
    No names was listed, why are you so offended by the term trolls if you don't think your one of them?
    LOL, Where do you see I got so offended?

I am afraid if I say bbry pumpers trolling, I could get banned, LOL.
    10-16-13 09:47 PM
    12.00...and this is the second time I have said this....it will take longer than two weeks too.

Posted via CB10
    There is a 90% chance you will have to sell your share to PW at $9

5% around 10 (from Cerberus, since all other US PE firms are not interested, I do not see why Cerberus would have a high interest on this either, though I could not say no for sure)

and the last 5% around 8(if PW lower his offer)

There is very little chance BBRY could be sold in pieces and gets a higher value, but I do not see how the stupid CEO would like that, he will get less money if BBRY just sells its patents and service/network parts and leave the hardware part. Right now it seems only SAP/Cisco are interested in BBRY's service/network parts and Samsung interested in BBRY's patents. I do not see a high chance they would put a big price tag on those parts. To push the price up, you really need MSFT/Google/Apple get in play, but it seems they are all not interested in any of BBRY.
    Last edited by fin2007; 10-16-13 at 10:08 PM.
    10-16-13 09:49 PM
    stop calling others trolls.
    Want a pacifier to go with that?

Posted via CB10
    fedakd, abouthsu and bungaboy like this.
    10-16-13 10:57 PM
    Fin, 1% chance of bidding war

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 10:58 PM
    Hi fin2007!

Hope you don't mind, but I bookmarked your post for future reference. Please continue to follow this thread in the coming weeks. If so, you may see this post quoted and likely re-quoted. Second, I'm wondering if you received a PhD in statistics. I would love to see how you've worked out the 90% chance I'll be selling my shares to Prem for $9! It seems much more likely that you failed an introductory statistics. That said, master of the statistics universe, feel free correct me if I'm wrong!

There is a 90% chance you will have to sell your share to PW at $9

5% around 10 (from Cerberus, since all other US PE firms are not interested, I do not see why Cerberus would have a high interest on this either, though I could not say no for sure)

and the last 5% around 8(if PW lower his offer)

There is very little chance BBRY could be sold in pieces and gets a higher value, but I do not see how the stupid CEO would like that, he will get less money if BBRY just sells its patents and service/network parts and leave the hardware part. Right now it seems only SAP/Cisco are interested in BBRY's service/network parts and Samsung interested in BBRY's patents. I do not see a high chance they would put a big price tag on those parts. To push the price up, you really need MSFT/Google/Apple get in play, but it seems they are all not interested in any of BBRY.
    10-16-13 11:17 PM
    Hi fin2007!

Hope you don't mind, but I bookmarked your post for future reference. Please continue to follow this thread in the coming weeks. If so, you may see this post quoted and likely re-quoted.
    Having had a 3 day ban for quoting some member's old and shockingly inaccurate predictions I would suggest such a practice is frowned upon. Hopefully the mods are consistent.
    10-17-13 02:14 AM
    Having had a 3 day ban for quoting some member's old and shockingly inaccurate predictions I would suggest such a practice is frowned upon. Hopefully the mods are consistent.
    I am going to bet you made some editorial comments along with the quotes?
    10-17-13 05:35 AM
    Somebody PLEASE try this. Post it on YouTube Facebook etc and let it go viral!!!!! Hello yeah!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Why would it go viral?
    10-17-13 05:44 AM
    Oh yeah,

Is anyone here part of the current class action suit?
    Should we be cheering for this???
    What are they going for I wonder....
    You really do not need to be part of the class action suit yet. When all the suits are piled together would be the time to join. It is a little early.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    10-17-13 05:46 AM
    Why would it go viral?
    why not?
    10-17-13 05:50 AM
    would not happen on the WP forum i guess.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-17-13 05:52 AM
    Well folks those are some pretty darn good Z30 reviews out there. Once again it seems bbry has made a fairly nice phone. And now it seems that phone is barely going to be released.

That was a very neat video of the Z30 serving as the hub connected to a monitor and keyboard. I'm surprised that person didn't pull up Docs to Go in the video since that would have been the real key move. It was a little like watching the future of mobile and feeling like it was so close and yet so far away.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, Randeman, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    10-17-13 06:20 AM
    Well folks those are some pretty darn good Z30 reviews out there. Once again it seems bbry has made a fairly nice phone. And now it seems that phone is barely going to be released.

That was a very neat video of the Z30 serving as the hub connected to a monitor and keyboard. I'm surprised that person didn't pull up Docs to Go in the video since that would have been the real key move. It was a little like watching the future of mobile and feeling like it was so close and yet so far away.

Posted via CB10
    Apple will release it in iOS 13 and everyone will be amazed lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 07:04 AM
    Well, some fool thinks BlackBerry's worth more...
    Profiting From the BlackBerry Deal
    10-17-13 07:29 AM
    Maybe IBM's big ER miss yesterday and their search for some revenue will lead to a BBRY bid?? Probably not, but maybe....
    Randeman likes this.
    10-17-13 08:13 AM
    OT Post:

Morgan, where do you think a good exit point for HALO is? I am in at just over 9 and don't want to get greedy here. Since I considered my BBRY gamble a complete loss when I got out and have now made some good money back on HALO it's speculative money, but still don't want to leave it on the table too long if there is an obvious exit point .
    jmehta22 likes this.
    10-17-13 08:16 AM
    Australian Businesses Support BlackBerry Despite Scathing Gartner Report - http://n4bb.com/australian-businesse...artner-report/

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    10-17-13 08:42 AM
    Maybe IBM's big ER miss yesterday and their search for some revenue will lead to a BBRY bid?? Probably not, but maybe....

IBM knows its revenue would miss almost every quarter, so it is not new.
    And how do you get revenue from BBRY, selling phone to proconsumer?
    10-17-13 08:53 AM
    IBM knows its revenue would miss almost every quarter, so it is not new.
    And how do you get revenue from BBRY, selling phone to proconsumer?
    Services, servers, cloud. IBM did the same thing BBRY needs to do, changed itself from a commodity PC maker into a services company. Again, I don't think it will happen bu that part of the business might make sense. I don't think IBM will want the handset business at all.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-17-13 09:01 AM
    Services, servers, cloud. IBM did the same thing BBRY needs to do, changed itself from a commodity PC maker into a services company. Again, I don't think it will happen bu that part of the business might make sense. I don't think IBM will want the handset business at all.
    BBRY's subscribe number drops so quickly, I do not think IBM is interested any more, 3 years ago maybe.

IBM has zero interested in BBRY's patents/hardware.
    10-17-13 09:16 AM
    Hi fin2007!

Hope you don't mind, but I bookmarked your post for future reference. Please continue to follow this thread in the coming weeks. If so, you may see this post quoted and likely re-quoted. Second, I'm wondering if you received a PhD in statistics. I would love to see how you've worked out the 90% chance I'll be selling my shares to Prem for $9! It seems much more likely that you failed an introductory statistics. That said, master of the statistics universe, feel free correct me if I'm wrong!
    80%+ of bids get no competing offers

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 09:50 AM
113,256 ... 21082109211021112112 ...