View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    @Morgan I just closed those Oct 19 calls for $2.30 per contract, a very nice return over 100%
    Thanks for HALO!! I had bought another 60 contracts for Dec last week for $1.20 each which is already showing 70% gains

Will probably buy common stocks after BBRY is settled

ps. Thanks OMG for the advice too!
    10-16-13 01:35 PM
    Hi gang !
    still green overall today, nice !
    Glad to see lot of us going Z30 !
    Keep the faith, Z30 helps !

Cheers
    SF
    10-16-13 01:49 PM
    Argh.. I looked at Sierra Wireless and the shares are up to $20per and I sold out at 11 and put it into AMD. M8 , can you do a chart for Sierra was wondering if I should bother getting back in or if its too late to see another $9 jump.
    10-16-13 01:51 PM
    Warren Buffet this morning said "You should run a company to please the people that want to own your shares - not sell your shares". If you look at the institutional ownership in BB, those same names have been there a long time. They are not going to vote to sell cheap...if your cost is $30.00 a share, why get out at $9 or less - just wait for the turnaround. Prem is trying to do an amalgamation squeeze-out where you create a new company "Newco" and merge BB and it together.
    Quote:
    Different from a plan of arrangement, the amalgamation transaction does not require a Court approval, but it shall obtain an approval by a special resolution of generally 66 2/3% of the shares represented in person or by proxy at a shareholders' meeting of both BidCo and the acquiree.
    So he doesn't need 90% approval - only 67%. I'm not going to vote to approve an offer below $13.00 especially with Z30 out and BBMX.
    kfh227, Bacon Munchers and CDM76 like this.
    10-16-13 01:56 PM
    Warren Buffet this morning said "You should run a company to please the people that want to own your shares - not sell your shares". If you look at the institutional ownership in BB, those same names have been there a long time. They are not going to vote to sell cheap...if your cost is $30.00 a share, why get out at $9 or less - just wait for the turnaround. Prem is trying to do an amalgamation squeeze-out where you create a new company "Newco" and merge BB and it together.
    Quote:
    Different from a plan of arrangement, the amalgamation transaction does not require a Court approval, but it shall obtain an approval by a special resolution of generally 66 2/3% of the shares represented in person or by proxy at a shareholders' meeting of both BidCo and the acquiree.
    So he doesn't need 90% approval - only 67%. I'm not going to vote to approve an offer below $13.00 especially with Z30 out and BBMX.
    The "less" part will scare people. "Cheap" is a very relative term. If no other offers roll in, why would folks gamble below $9? Institutions manage losing trades. Not saying this can't go higher, but the big boys are use to losing on some trades. Presuming there will be a turn around is equally dangerous. They will sell for what they think this worth. If it turns out to be 9, they will sell.
    10-16-13 02:01 PM
    damm what a run by $HALO. hey morgan u think there's some short covering going on there? or will we expect a squeeze once more good news come out?
    Randeman likes this.
    10-16-13 02:06 PM
    Just set a trailing stop on halo, great run today sorry for the OT
    10-16-13 02:19 PM
    Argh.. I looked at Sierra Wireless and the shares are up to $20per and I sold out at 11 and put it into AMD. M8 , can you do a chart for Sierra was wondering if I should bother getting back in or if its too late to see another $9 jump.
    Hardly need a chart for that one, it is on fire. It is over its RSI = 70 and overbought, it is tracking above its 3-ema which means you are risking it closing below that level which is currently at $ 19.22/shr. You can try and buy the dips to its 3-ema but a close below that level is very dangerous. You really need to follow the fundamentals on that one and understand way it is rallying in the first place and where it can go from here. GL
    rarsen and Corbu like this.
    10-16-13 02:50 PM
    damm what a run by $HALO. hey morgan u think there's some short covering going on there? or will we expect a squeeze once more good news come out?
    Enjoy the rally, the US government has decided to go back to work and Obama-care is safe for now. This stock was above $ 12.00 when they decided to close down the country, we are making up for lost time now. ACAD, PSDV and HALO are all good plays with PSDV having their big event tomorrow with the FDA.
    jmehta22, sidhuk, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    10-16-13 02:52 PM
    Enjoy the rally, the US government has decided to go back to work and Obama-care is safe for now. This stock was above $ 12.00 when they decided to close down the country, we are making up for lost time now. ACAD, PSDV and HALO are all good plays with PSDV having their big event tomorrow with the FDA.
    I bought some March calls before the dip, at $11.70. Picked up the same % of portfolio for more March calls again on the dip at $9.80. Nice little run here. Isn't it again near the top of the channel? Do you see this breaking out of the channel up or staying along the top line?

And on BBRY, if Prem does get financing do you think we would hear about it before November 4th?

I'm hoping BBM-X release this Friday, and 10 million downloads over the weekend, and a nice pop Monday (nice pop means 2% these days).

Running the 10.2.0.1971 leak and it's solid. Instagram, Netflix, Google maps and Nav all working. Just want RDIO working. Too bad about the apps. I want Google to buy them whole if Samsung won't.
    10-16-13 03:40 PM
    I bought some March calls before the dip, at $11.70. Picked up the same % of portfolio for more March calls again on the dip at $9.80. Nice little run here. Isn't it again near the top of the channel? Do you see this breaking out of the channel up or staying along the top line?

And on BBRY, if Prem does get financing do you think we would hear about it before November 4th?

I'm hoping BBM-X release this Friday, and 10 million downloads over the weekend, and a nice pop Monday (nice pop means 2% these days).

Running the 10.2.0.1971 leak and it's solid. Instagram, Netflix, Google maps and Nav all working. Just want RDIO working. Too bad about the apps. I want Google to buy them whole if Samsung won't.
    The current target for the channel is $ 13.00/shr and it looks to be heading there now. This is a 52 week closing high today, so the momentum is on HALO's side right now. Support is at $ 11.00/shr now with resistance at $ 12.00 and the target for an extended rally is $ 13.00/shr. If it can pause around the $ 12.00/shr area and let the Bollinger Bands catch up, we would likely see $ 13.00/shr this time around. This is all purely TA and nothing to do with future news of course. I'm holding for something in the high $ 12.00's here. GL
    fedakd, cjcampbell, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    10-16-13 03:50 PM
    Blah blah too little too late blah blah nobody making offers yadda yadda phones overpriced blah consumers bailing blah blah only the Italian division nom nom nom.

(Trolls: did I manage to catch all the highlights? Just trying to save you the effort...)
    10-16-13 05:14 PM
    I can hookup my blue tooth mouse and keyboard to my z10. Unfortunately need a hdmi cable for the screen to be put on a monitor. With the z30 should be able to do all of this wireless. So your phone can be sitting in your pocket while you are using it on your desk with a monitor keyboard and mouse.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 05:34 PM
    Blah blah too little too late blah blah nobody making offers yadda yadda phones overpriced blah consumers bailing blah blah only the Italian division nom nom nom.

(Trolls: did I manage to catch all the highlights? Just trying to save you the effort...)
    stop calling others trolls.

the co is done no matter how delusional you are. the question now is at what price bbry to be take private or split in pieces. The price could be anything from $8 - $10. We will know in 2 weeks.
    10-16-13 05:46 PM
    12.00...and this is the second time I have said this....it will take longer than two weeks too.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 05:52 PM
    stop calling others trolls.

the co is done no matter how delusional you are. the question now is at what price bbry to be take private or split in pieces. The price could be anything from $8 - $10. We will know in 2 weeks.
    No names was listed, why are you so offended by the term trolls if you don't think your one of them?
    10-16-13 06:02 PM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-16-13 06:03 PM
    12.00...and this is the second time I have said this....it will take longer than two weeks too.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    10-16-13 06:13 PM
    Ok. ...I'll sell for 16 as well then.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-16-13 06:59 PM
    Ok. ...I'll sell for 16 as well then.

Posted via CB10
    Make it 20.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    10-16-13 07:22 PM
    Make it 20.

Posted via CB10
    Twenty it is. Haha

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, INTz, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-16-13 07:36 PM
    Twenty it is. Haha

Posted via CB10
    Gregg needs at least 25 so he can get out of the mess he's in and start posting some positive comments about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 07:51 PM
    Greg needs to watch this:
    http://globalnews.ca/video/906738/cr...ew-iphone-ios7

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 07:58 PM
    Interesting how at the end they say it won't be sent to apple without your consent, yet during the setup of the phone, it's probably part of the agreement so they have your consent. If you don't agree to it, you don't get to use your phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MAdu6GHV3tQ
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 10-16-13 at 08:30 PM.
    10-16-13 08:20 PM
    Interesting how at the end they say it won't be sent to apple without your consent, yet during the setup of the phone, it's probably part of the agreement so they have your consent. If you don't agree to it, you don't get to use your phone.
    And that is exactly how it works. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:26 PM
113,256 ... 21072108210921102111 ...