View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Perhaps the TH silence is an entree into another line of business. Instead of catering to hyper- communicators, Blackberry is now teaching executives to be effective non-communicators.
    10-15-13 09:07 AM
    I don't know what he is supposed to say...I'm not defending but really, it would be a gong shown if he went public with anything at this point.

On the bright side...green

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 09:17 AM
    ACAD making a run again woah, wish I had the funds to jump in at $21 like i wanted
    10-15-13 09:30 AM
    Oh man Just lovinnnng it!!!!
    Holy, this is the most hilarious, stupidest and delusional ever seen here.
    Come on you know BB is Canadian do you?
    OK, a little set back right now, but BB used to rule the world and is Canadian, yes Canadian.
    Tell me one thing that is not developed in the US? Take a guess
    silversun10 and bungaboy like this.
    10-15-13 10:31 AM
    Oh man Just lovinnnng it!!!!
    hehe, it is hard to talk to delusional fans.
    10-15-13 11:17 AM
    Ok Gang,
    Been nice to be a teenager last week with new z30. been learning and testing it to my liking. even went and got an LG G2. here is what I dont like about the software.
    1. no AutoDim screen control option. and that is about it. the screen looks good during the day however at night screen feels just little too dim and yellow to my eyes. if I used general reading glasses it was fine, but i don't want to do that just for a phone. the new beta OS has an option of changing the screen white balance control how ever it doesn't work at this time on Z30 for some reason. the current official shipped software wasnt polished and i had problem with my car Bluetooth streaming app music strutting. updating to the 10.2.1 beta took care of that. I wish blackberry can start watching these things. I have been using Bluestack to directly download google apps from google play store to my PC. the good thing about Bluestack is that I can use most android apps from pc to control things around the house Like Nest thermostat and denon, oppo audiovidio components. then I can convert the same apps using "BB10 side loading tool" app on my pc to bar files and then use the same tool to upload on Z30. this tool can select multiple apps at once to convert and upload.

other than that it is all good for me. I am glad that I used top of the line android which had too many things happening for my liking. it has the brighter screen and is lighter than z30. also,faster processor than z30 but didn't notice any difference in web pages or day to day tasks faster than Z30.
    here is what I like about Z30 better than any phone that I have used and this is my opinion.
    1. Best keyboard period.
    2. The Hub. (has the option to pick and choose what app messages i want to add in hub or not)
    3. Battery takes it through the day.
    4. BB10 to BB10 call quality is great.
    5. Speakrs sound.
    6. cell signal reception is much better. works fine in metal roof stores where other phones just miss and hit.
    7. Android apps just work. for example the android CB app works better than the bb10 CB app.
    8. access to my computer files back and forth plus other cloud storages are available under one folder.
    9. Notes ever notes etc show up in the remember folder and auto synch able just by logging in to the accounts once.
    10. office files are editable right on the phone.
    11. phone feels great in hands, being bit heavy helps. LoL
    12. the notifications options great. individual apps can be defined.
    13. Priority hub
    14. BBm Voice and video quality is great. BBM voice using the cell signal is better than regular calls. I have been getting addicted to using those. I noticed my phone screen staying in BBM app most of the times cause I do have some friends on BBM. I can see the power of xBBM if it is introduced with Voice calls.
    15. Screen sharing.

few friends in this thread asked me how did I like the phone so I have to reply it here. please dont get too upset because I like Z30.
    People on my ignore list, please note that this post is not for you and please please dont reply to this.
    10-15-13 12:23 PM
    Green

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 12:29 PM
    But why. This stock has been drunk for a while now.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 12:30 PM
    Volume has dried up completely..

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 12:34 PM
    Someone (or group) bought 2 million shares and then another two million shares a few minutes later. just before 1pm est. anyone have any idea why??
    Superfly_FR, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-15-13 12:39 PM

Bloomberg: BlackBerry signs NDA with Cerberus

The firm is in the early stages of considering an offer to acquire all of BlackBerry, said the person, who asked not to be identified because the deliberations are private. Cerberus may still choose not to proceed with a deal. Peter Duda, a spokesman for New York-based Cerberus, declined to comment, as did Adam Emery, a spokesman for Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry.
    10-15-13 12:40 PM
    Oh I see

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 12:41 PM
    Someone (or group) bought 2 million shares and then another two million shares a few minutes later. just before 1pm est. anyone have any idea why??
    Short covering???
    the_sleuth likes this.
    10-15-13 12:58 PM
    was about to post this ...

Also, about Heins, I believe the current CEO of BlackBerry is the committee. Thus, he keeps his mouth shut for now ... or forever regarding BB.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    Randeman, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-15-13 01:03 PM
    Those short players really have balls of steel. 2 bidders with a floor set at 9 and they refuse to give up ground. But If a serious third player shows up it might remove the ground from under their feet.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    10-15-13 01:03 PM
    Those short players really have balls of steel. 2 bidders with a floor set at 9 and they refuse to give up ground. But If a serious third player shows up it might remove the ground from under their feet.

Posted via CB10
    And I must say, some of us have balls of titanium.
    The whole world against us, forecasting Armageddon time for BlackBerry an still we refuse to give up. More, we believe this could end well for those within the $9-12 average.

Disclaimer : not intended to encourage anything. My current AVG is $10.35 for 1K shares.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    10-15-13 01:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not really. I think that widely estimated average short price is $13 or something. Bid is for $9. So, shorts will make profit if the company gets sold at $9. They'll make even more profit if it gets sold for LESS than $9; and less profit if it gets sold for MORE than $9.

Generally speaking, shorts would be scared if the upside was unlimited. But given that the first offer is $9 and that final acquisition price is unlikely to be too much higher( it may go up few dollars), it appears that shorts are choosing to accept that risk (of lessening profits or slight loss) in hopes that company would go for even less than $9.
    the_sleuth and Greened like this.
    10-15-13 01:08 PM
    If you really believe in the $9 floor then BBRY is still offering you a guaranteed 10% in just a few weeks. If you aren't sure enough to go all in then is it really a floor?
    10-15-13 01:15 PM
    What does our voice of reason think? Morgan! is TA back into effect..?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 01:18 PM
    one halt in the next three weeks can/will change the entire picture, so till then we wait, place our bets or not
    10-15-13 01:19 PM
    here is a funny post

J.C. Parets
    I'm not gonna lie, I thought I read this morning that $AAPL hired the CEO of Blackberry, not Burberry. And just chuckled and moved on $BBRY...
    User ID:http://twitter.com/allstarcharts/User IP:
    3 Hours Ago
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-15-13 01:25 PM
    Generally speaking, shorts would be scared if the upside was unlimited. But given that the first offer is $9 and that final acquisition price is unlikely to be too much higher( it may go up few dollars), it appears that shorts are choosing to accept that risk (of lessening profits or slight loss) in hopes that company would go for even less than $9.
    The potential for unlimited upside risk is there. It is an unlikely scenario but not completely impossible. If 80% of BBRY shares are spoken for, or committed, and the short position equals 30% of the float, then some shorts will have to cover at any price. Examples of this short outcome are Porsche-Volkswagen and Tesla Motors.
    Randeman likes this.
    10-15-13 01:30 PM
    W Hoa you must have made this up yourself. We have been told repeatedly that no one and I mean no one is interested in buying Blackberry.
    While this isn't an offer, it does imply interest and so it must not be true.
    10-15-13 01:33 PM
    Ok Gang,
    Been nice to be a teenager last week with new z30. been learning and testing it to my liking. even went and got an LG G2. here is what I dont like about the software.
    1. no AutoDim screen control option. and that is about it. the screen looks good during the day however at night screen feels just little too dim and yellow to my eyes. if I used general reading glasses it was fine, but i don't want to do that just for a phone. the new beta OS has an option of changing the screen white balance control how ever it doesn't work at this time on Z30 for some reason. the current official shipped software wasnt polished and i had problem with my car Bluetooth streaming app music strutting. updating to the 10.2.1 beta took care of that. I wish blackberry can start watching these things. I have been using Bluestack to directly download google apps from google play store to my PC. the good thing about Bluestack is that I can use most android apps from pc to control things around the house Like Nest thermostat and denon, oppo audiovidio components. then I can convert the same apps using "BB10 side loading tool" app on my pc to bar files and then use the same tool to upload on Z30. this tool can select multiple apps at once to convert and upload.

other than that it is all good for me. I am glad that I used top of the line android which had too many things happening for my liking. it has the brighter screen and is lighter than z30. also,faster processor than z30 but didn't notice any difference in web pages or day to day tasks faster than Z30.
    here is what I like about Z30 better than any phone that I have used and this is my opinion.
    1. Best keyboard period.
    2. The Hub. (has the option to pick and choose what app messages i want to add in hub or not)
    3. Battery takes it through the day.
    4. BB10 to BB10 call quality is great.
    5. Speakrs sound.
    6. cell signal reception is much better. works fine in metal roof stores where other phones just miss and hit.
    7. Android apps just work. for example the android CB app works better than the bb10 CB app.
    8. access to my computer files back and forth plus other cloud storages are available under one folder.
    9. Notes ever notes etc show up in the remember folder and auto synch able just by logging in to the accounts once.
    10. office files are editable right on the phone.
    11. phone feels great in hands, being bit heavy helps. LoL
    12. the notifications options great. individual apps can be defined.
    13. Priority hub
    14. BBm Voice and video quality is great. BBM voice using the cell signal is better than regular calls. I have been getting addicted to using those. I noticed my phone screen staying in BBM app most of the times cause I do have some friends on BBM. I can see the power of xBBM if it is introduced with Voice calls.
    15. Screen sharing.

few friends in this thread asked me how did I like the phone so I have to reply it here. please dont get too upset because I like Z30.
    People on my ignore list, please note that this post is not for you and please please dont reply to this.
    Great honest review. Thanks.

I am driving 250 km round trip tomorrow to pick up my new Z30.
    10-15-13 01:37 PM
    The potential for unlimited upside risk is there. It is an unlikely scenario but not completely impossible. If 80% of BBRY shares are spoken for, or committed, and the short position equals 30% of the float, then some shorts will have to cover at any price. Examples of this short outcome are Porsche-Volkswagen and Tesla Motors.
    Hi W Hoa - VW-Porsche scenario doesn't apply here because "upside" is whatever final price is agreed-upon. All shorts will be able to exit at whatever final price gets agreed to.

In case, of VW-Porsche, there was no 'final price' being agreed-upon. The shorts covered simply because they were afraid that they won't be able to exit their position because so much stock is tied up.

But in case of BlackBerry, stocks know that they can exit anytime at the final price.

They think final price will be LESS than $9 and hence they are holding their positions. It is possible (and very likely to me) that final price will be higher than $9 but shorts seem to think that it won't be too much higher than $9 and hence are not scared.

If final price happens to be $18, shorts will be able to exit at $18.
    Greened likes this.
    10-15-13 01:40 PM
113,256 ... 21052106210721082109 ...