Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...54DIpacNE#t=20

Did you guys see this. Banksy was selling his art (and used an old man to work at the stall) for 60 dollars each... His artwork fetches usually around 5 figures... Most of the buyers at the time didn't know what they were actually buying... Man, I'd re-sell it! 60 into 30 000 is one hell of an investment.
    10-14-13 11:13 PM
    Fin your argument for BBRY being unable to succeed because of geographical location is plain ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 12:16 AM
    Fin you forgot to point out the other list of all the thousands of software programs that have been developed outside the US, dont be so narrow minded.

no maggie, we don't think that or at least i dont. I dont think anyone thinks that any one will be leaving facebook or twitter for BBM.
    You do know that BBM channels has twitter intergration??? It may substitute certain aspects of those social medias.
    BBM was around long before Facebook. The counter arguments people are using make no sense.
    The main point being raised about why BBM cannot succeed is that there are already established players in the market.
    That is like every single product that has ever been released in any market, at any time in the present, past and most likely the future.

Since facebook was launched there have been a large number of other social networks that have come up and been successful.

Twitter, tumblr, flickr, instagram. the list goes on and on.
    10-15-13 01:51 AM
    Greggebhardt !!! With friends like you, who needs enemies? LOL

Apple Inc. (AAPL): Apple Will Not Buy BlackBerry For BBM To Enhance iMessage - Seeking Alpha

Greggebhardt Comments (27)

Commenter
    (27 comments)
    Send Message

"If I were Apple I would not even allow BBM in it's app store. BB users think the whole worl will come flooding to BBM. The truth is most do not care about BBM, not even X-BB users.

They have moved on and BB10 failed big time! "

Greggebhardt Comments (27)

Commenter
    (27 comments)
    Send Message

Why would Apple even consider buying Blackberry?

You Blackberry people must really be desperate to think so! LOL!
    I got to thank you Morgan, as if I posted that here I would have had my hand slapped by the mods! You did it for me! My plan worked perfectly!

And we are NOT friends.
    10-15-13 05:07 AM
    BB should have included in the same letter that download BBMX this weekend or SOON so the message print media cost is not waste and push BBM to more users
    Why did BlackBerry come out with a statement.. does it imply a status quo? No sale or partnership in the works?

Posted via CB10
    Hi gang !

Some infos to grab here : BlackBerry issues open letter to calm customers and partners | Reuters

Boulben said the uncertainty is the reason why BlackBerry is publishing the letter, which highlights the company's strengths from its security offering to its device management capabilities and its mobile messaging platform.
    [...]
    He said he expects the BBM to launch on both those platforms "within days," adding that the company is confident that it fixed issues that arose after the initial cross-platform launch of the messaging service last month.
    Have a nice day and stay civil&calm.
    10-15-13 06:50 AM
    Tell me one thing is not developed in the US?
    Holy, this is the most hilarious, stupidest and delusional ever seen here.
    Come on you know BB is Canadian do you?
    OK, a little set back right now, but BB used to rule the world and is Canadian, yes Canadian.
    Tell me one thing that is not developed in the US? Take a guess
    10-15-13 07:04 AM
    Can we get a proof of life on Heins; Him holding a newspaper with today's date? Some evidence he's not locked in the basement?
    10-15-13 07:20 AM
    Facebook didn't make a phone. They skinned Android, just like other Android OEMs have done. FB Home was their skin and interpretation of what the user wants to see. FB Home was also available on other devices. HTC made a phone which would launch with FB Home and it flopped.
    barnfoot likes this.
    10-15-13 07:22 AM
    Fin your argument for BBRY being unable to succeed because of geographical location is plain ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    And embarrassing to Americans everywhere. I thought our government had that ridiculous/embarrassing thing covered but I see you are trying to help them out too....
    take99, bungaboy, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    10-15-13 07:23 AM
    Can we get a proof of life on Heins; Him holding a newspaper with today's date? Some evidence he's not locked in the basement?
    As I was scrolling the page to read the BB letter to consumers, I was hoping to see his name signed at the bottom, since in the end, he is the company, he is the CEO. Well, clearly not.
    anon(4086547) and danprown like this.
    10-15-13 07:24 AM
    As I was scrolling the page to read the BB letter to consumers, I was hoping to see his name signed at the bottom, since in the end, he is the company, he is the CEO. Well, clearly not.
    That is partly why I asked - it's very very odd, unless they are legally obligated to have his name mentioned or included, he seems absence from well.. anything... he's not been seen in months and the last thing I can remember reading from him was a very short response to some questions from the Global and Mail. Now some of us have a difference of opinion on how effective he's been as a CEO but I'm surprised that he thinks that hiding in his office sends out a positive signal to employees let alone customers - if the CEO doesn't seem to have the confidence to speak out, why should anyone take the org seriously?

When was the last time he was seen in public?
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-15-13 07:26 AM
    That is partly why I asked - it's very very odd, unless they are legally obligated to have his name mentioned or included, he seems absence from well.. anything... he's not been seen in months and the last thing I can remember reading from him was a very short response to some questions from the Global and Mail. Now some of us have a difference of opinion on how effective he's been as a CEO but I'm surprised that he thinks that hiding in his office sends out a positive signal to employees let alone customers - if the CEO doesn't seem to have the confidence to speak out, why should anyone take the org seriously?

When was the last time he was seen in public?
    I may be wrong, but the last time we heard from him was the June 28 ER.
    10-15-13 07:34 AM
    No, please.
    10-15-13 07:34 AM
    Not directly on topic, but quite relevant to BBRY and foreign investment. Worth a read (taking into account some degree of fairly obvious anti-gov bias the writer has): Ottawa plays blind man's bluff with would-be foreign investors
    silversun10 likes this.
    10-15-13 07:35 AM
    Cgk, maybe he is busy with other things?
    And the PR guys are dealing with what they are paid to do.

Just a crazy thought.
    Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-15-13 07:36 AM
    Cgk, maybe he is busy with other things?

Posted via CB10
    Retirement planning? Bear in mind a lot of CEO stuff isn't the CEO themselves, it's just stuff written for them by the PR team and with their name on it and captured at meetings and events - to actively hide the CEO in the way BBRY is doing it actually takes some work and must be directed from the top.

Even if he is busy with 'other things', it's inconceivable for the CEO of such a large corp in such a crisis to be dark for so long. You really only have two options - he's decided to sideline himself (bad because he's abrogating the role of CEO) or he's been sidelined by the board (bad because the ship is effectively rudderless in such a situation), I've just been through recent press releases and there is always a quote but it's never the CEO.
    10-15-13 07:41 AM
    I think it is a combination of things. When he speaks, the golden parachute deal is going to be mentioned. It looks bad for him, the Board, PW, everybody. I think opinions of him range from "he killed off BBRY" to "it wasn't his fault." I haven't heard anyone say what a great job he did, or even utter the phrase "turn around." If they change CEO's now, it will look even more desperate. They are in a really tough spot so although I think its usually a terrible sign when a CEO invokes radio silence, in this case, I can't see anything positive coming from him or attaching his name to anything. He just rides it out for another month and sees where the bidding goes (or doesn't go). I have just assumed that one way or the other he will not be the CEO come 2014.
    peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    10-15-13 08:02 AM
    You really only have two options - he's decided to sideline himself (bad because he's abrogating the role of CEO) or he's been sidelined by the board (bad because the ship is effectively rudderless in such a situation),
    There are obviously more than two options, however, so why leave out one of the more likely possibilities?

You say "abrogating the role of CEO" as though being publicly visible IS the role, and the only role.

What if he's focusing on acting as, say, the Chief Executive Officer, and managing his executive team and navigating the tricky waters of laying off 5000 people, dealing with the strategies of releasing a new phone, carrier relationships, getting xBBM off the ground (or out of the toilet), and so forth?

I think OMGitworks captured it well, with the "between a rock and a hard place" description. Past history has shown the media (and most of the people here) jump on him every time he speaks publicly, so why would he continue to do that while in the midst of so much activity?
    Randeman, bungaboy, jxnb and 5 others like this.
    10-15-13 08:11 AM
    Facebook made a phone?
    Yup

And it didn't sell. Shocking. This was just a few months ago.

Had to look it up. It was the HTC One..

http://bgr.com/2013/05/13/htc-first-...acebook-phone/

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-15-13 08:14 AM
    Fin,

I'm still waiting to hear how fairfax should hedge and why.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    10-15-13 08:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    I said I had nothing against BBRY or Canada, and you do not need to believe.

You know why all the former powerhouse MOT/NOK failed badly in the smartphone translation? and why by coincidence it is MSFT/Apple/Google laughed in the end for smartphone platform war?

It is because smartphone is shifting to a software platform, which no other companies ever success except those in US.

BBRY's early bbos was not really a fully funcational computing platform like Windows98/MacOS, it was just still a basic phone+ receiving email.
    10-15-13 08:29 AM
    I got to thank you Morgan, as if I posted that here I would have had my hand slapped by the mods! You did it for me! My plan worked perfectly!

And we are NOT friends.
    Greg, let's be at least a little honest....you didn't plan that out. Your got burned by a bad ER and are banging the blame it on BlackBerry drum everywhere you can.

You have said all over this site how much you lost...I have noticed the amount does tend to change from time to time but let's say 60k...you have used that one a few times.

Why anyone would buy that amount of common on a "swing" trade is beyond me...

Please get over it without so much contempt....its just a stock.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 08:38 AM
    Greg, let's be at least a little honest....you didn't plan that out. Your got burned by a bad ER and are banging the blame it on BlackBerry drum everywhere you can.

You have said all over this site how much you lost...I have noticed the amount does tend to change from time to time but let's say 60k...you have used that one a few times.

Posted via CB10
    I would guess so, he either got burned hard by BBRY or got layoff by the company. LOL

He just simply hates the company and the stock, though some of his points make some sense comparing to some delusional posts.
    10-15-13 08:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    somewhere i read you don't trade the stock but you trade yourself(that is your trading expertise). so, remembering that, it is easier to determine who is to blame for a loss.
    10-15-13 09:05 AM
    Yeah, I remember when Gregg was pro BBRY. I kind of feel how he feels though. I got burned hard on the 28th but have no real desire or need to bash it everywhere I go.
    10-15-13 09:07 AM
113,256 ... 21042105210621072108 ...