View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    not comparing the 2 company just pointing out that BBM will be making money (even if it is going to be small) to BBRY as social networks make money
    Fair enough, but I think its very questionable as to how BBRY will make money off of xBBM. Getting it out there, finally, and getting critical mass and them monetizing it would be far beyond anything BBRY has been able to execute for a long, long time. xBBM first launch was just hideous. I jusr can't see it being special enough to get many people to actually switch over. Download, maybe but I suspect active users will be VERY hard for xBBM to come by.
    10-14-13 04:37 PM
    Maggie, that is what they are paid for, you know public relations.

Posted via CB10
    I get that, just about 3-4 weeks too late for this. The damage may already be irreparable. I hope not, but the public perception is that BBRY is done and being sold. That could be wrong, but that is what the average person I speak to thinks. Small slice of the public for sure....
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-14-13 04:41 PM
    Greggebhardt !!! With friends like you, who needs enemies? LOL

Apple Inc. (AAPL): Apple Will Not Buy BlackBerry For BBM To Enhance iMessage - Seeking Alpha

Greggebhardt Comments (27)

Commenter
    (27 comments)
    Send Message

"If I were Apple I would not even allow BBM in it's app store. BB users think the whole worl will come flooding to BBM. The truth is most do not care about BBM, not even X-BB users.

They have moved on and BB10 failed big time! "

Commenter
    (27 comments)
    Send Message

Why would Apple even consider buying Blackberry?

You Blackberry people must really be desperate to think so! LOL!
    _dimi_, bungaboy, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    10-14-13 04:41 PM
    I think it is funny how BB regularly emphasized they have no debt and lots of cash, when some of the most likely buy-out plans will likely leave BB with billions in debt and no cash at all, coupled with continuing losses as the installed base fades.

Just going private is not going to solve any problems, and will materially make their situation worse. To keep going they will have to rely on private investment, and who wants to catch a falling knife?
    10-14-13 04:54 PM
    I think it is funny how BB regularly emphasized they have no debt and lots of cash, when some of the most likely buy-out plans will likely leave BB with billions in debt and no cash at all, coupled with continuing losses as the installed base fades.

Just going private is not going to solve any problems, and will materially make their situation worse. To keep going they will have to rely on private investment, and who wants to catch a falling knife?
    did i read something about cutting costs in half?
    all that changes in the future they stop banging their head against the wall of consumers.
    products are way superior over WP, to start with, so watch out competitors here we come MEAN and LEAN after this exercise.
    we will worry about any buyout worries when they happen. BB HAS cash and IS debt free. Those are the facts of life.
    10-14-13 05:05 PM
    Funny.
    I believe the general audience believe BlackBerry is dead, not going private or bought (witch they don't care). Now some tell going private with huge costs cut won't change anything... and the falling knife... long time no read; refreshing.

No one can pretend to know what BlackBerry future is for sure. All we can do is elaborate hypothesis and try to back it up with our mixture of knowledge, feelings and tea leaves.

Only thing we can say for sure is "wait for the fat lady to sing".

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 05:14 PM
    XBBM has no way of making any money right now, twitter makes money of ads they show you on twitter, twitter has been at this for years and still hasnt made a profit so any predictions of xbbm being worth billions seems very strange.

Plus would people really stick around in an IAM app that showed ads? The stream on twitter makes ads at least a little more tolerable.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_995 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-14-13 05:48 PM
    With a due respect to others, comparing BBM to twitter is just ridiculous. You're comparing apples and oranges. Twitter is more than a social network, it has data just like Google, which it will sell to media companies. Ads are just a small part of twitter's business model.
    10-14-13 06:05 PM
    With a due respect to others, comparing BBM to twitter is just ridiculous. You're comparing apples and oranges. Twitter is more than a social network, it has data just like Google, which it will sell to media companies. Ads are just a small part of twitter's business model.
    The reason they compare is the looming Channels. In BBMX current state, well once it's released, is, like you said, comparing Apples to Oranges. If they can get Channels out and find a decent adoption rate, then it can be a closer comparison. They will be using your info to have targeted channel adds. They can also have a fee for companies to be in the "featured Channels", based on time in and size/placement. Now this does, of course, require an adoption of the service but it could work. I like it and so do many others.
    10-14-13 06:38 PM
    Greggebhardt !!! With friends like you, who needs enemies? LOL

Apple Inc. (AAPL): Apple Will Not Buy BlackBerry For BBM To Enhance iMessage - Seeking Alpha

Commenter
    (27 comments)
    Send Message

"If I were Apple I would not even allow BBM in it's app store. BB users think the whole worl will come flooding to BBM. The truth is most do not care about BBM, not even X-BB users.

They have moved on and BB10 failed big time! "

Commenter
    (27 comments)
    Send Message

Why would Apple even consider buying Blackberry?

You Blackberry people must really be desperate to think so! LOL!
    I think i like my ignore list. Lol
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-14-13 07:44 PM
    And how will this make BBRY money?
    Same way Facebook makes money I guess. Not immediately, but eventually.
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    10-14-13 08:44 PM
    As for the reason why BBM could be huge. Remember that Facebook phone that flopped? BBRY already makes phones. it might just happen to drive people back to Blackberry once they see the experience that you get via BBM ... which behave likes the BB10 OS.
    10-14-13 08:46 PM
    People need to stop saying BB10 is superior. It has pros and cons. A BIG CON is the headless app situation. And yes, 10.2 brings headless apps. Read about it. It is a highly crippled and shotty version of headless apps.
    10-14-13 08:48 PM
    People need to stop saying BB10 is superior. It has pros and cons. A BIG CON is the headless app situation. And yes, 10.2 brings headless apps. Read about it. It is a highly crippled and shotty version of headless apps.
    Yes, you are correct... headless is crippled, but they're still working on the OS. Not an excuse, but security is paramount. Give permissions when you can't be 100% sure that they are containerized, and that they can't lead to potential problems. Give permissions when they are warranted, not the general public when there may be a work around.
    10-14-13 08:58 PM
    LOL,

To be honest, to bet BBM getting successful like twitter? are you kidding me? you'd better go to buy some lottery, I am sure you have a much higher success possibility on lottery.

You can say BBRY is undervalued as a stock and Twitter is overvalued, that is debatable for sure, but BBM like Twitter? WOW! When did you see a Canada company become a software powerhouse or Internet powerhouse?

Almost all the leading software company are in US(except SAP in Germany), that is why BBRY is destined to fail at the first place, because smartphone is in the end becoming a software platform, which no other companies(except those in US) could success.

It has nothing with BBRY CEOs or Canada, it is just that the gap on software developing between US and other part of the world is just too big.

Tell me one thing is not developed in the US?
    all the OSs: Windows/Unix/MacOS, even Linux which is also pretty muchcontrolled by US.
    All the Database: Oracle/MS SQL/IBM DB2/MySQL
    All the big Internet company: Google/Yahoo/Facebook/Twitter/LNKD, sure China had some clones, but it is mainly because Chinese government blocking US companies.
    Computer CPU: Intel/Amd/
    the list is too long, HPQ/DELL/BRCM/TXN/.

Some fans are just more than delusional. LOL.
    Last edited by fin2007; 10-14-13 at 09:22 PM.
    10-14-13 09:09 PM
    You're good man. Really... One of the best spreaders of FUD on this forum. I think, however, you should concentrate on other threads. This one can read though your bias.
    10-14-13 09:38 PM

Tell me one thing is not developed in the US?
    I'm gonna take a wild stab at this and say humbleness and perhaps grammar?
    10-14-13 09:42 PM
    You're good man. Really... One of the best spreaders of FUD on this forum. I think, however, you should concentrate on other threads. This one can read though your bias.
    LOL. truth really hurts.

BTW, I am currently longing BBRY and have tens of thousands of shares.

I am trading the stock and I have no personal feeling about the company or its product.
    10-14-13 09:47 PM
    LOL. truth really hurts.

BTW, I am currently longing BBRY and have tens of thousands of shares.

I am trading the stock and I have no personal feeling about the company or its product.
    I call shenanigans....
    10-14-13 09:56 PM
    Why is that?

Google in 2012 acquired Motorola Mobility partly for its patents.
    As a result, the Department of Justice will likely not let the Android developer buy any piece of BlackBerry, sources said.
    ?I can see how the DOJ may see BlackBerry as a step too far,? a source said.
    http://nypost.com/2013/10/11/blackbe...-back-company/

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 10:11 PM
    I call shenanigans....
    You do not have to believe, but I had long BBRY several times already. You can check my old post.

bought from 9 to 6.x last year and sold at 14+ early this year, came back at 9 in July-August and sold at 11.x,

but I bot back at 10.x again to bet on BBRY sell, and got trapped now. I thought BBRY could be sold at least 12-13 but the damn CEO just tried to ruin the company and sell it quickly to get his $55M. I would believe BBRY at least worth $12 if sold in piece, but I am not sure now since the CEO/board really ruined the company big time in the last quarter and they want a quick sell.

Anyway if PW can take it private at $9, I will take it and leave. I can wait for 2 more weeks.
    10-14-13 10:14 PM
    Why is that?

Google in 2012 acquired Motorola Mobility partly for its patents.
    As a result, the Department of Justice will likely not let the Android developer buy any piece of BlackBerry, sources said.
    ?I can see how the DOJ may see BlackBerry as a step too far,? a source said.
    BlackBerry founders consider buying back company | New York Post

Posted via CB10
    Yes, saw this and I did not post here.

It is a bad news for shareholders. I thought Google would be the only company to bid on whole BBRY, now it seems the last hope is gone.

But the article did mention Microsoft in talk with BBRY, I am not sure how serious MSFT is. If MSFT buys BBRY, it is purely because BBRY is dirty cheap, but MSFT has not even closed NOK deal yet, so I do not put much hope there.

Personally I think it makes more sense that google buys BBRY than Microsoft does. Google actually has far less patents than Microsoft, you can see Microsoft is charging so much license fee from Andriod phones, but I never hear anyone else charges WIndows phone license fee. And Google actually need BBRY's security patents more than Microsoft too.
    10-14-13 10:20 PM
    Regarding BBM, I'm still waiting for one of the hundreds of Crackberry users who have downloaded Android or iOS BBM to tell everyone how great the BBM experience is and when they are leaving Twitter, WhatsApp and iMessage along with all of their contacts.
    10-14-13 10:28 PM
    As for the reason why BBM could be huge. Remember that Facebook phone that flopped? BBRY already makes phones. it might just happen to drive people back to Blackberry once they see the experience that you get via BBM ... which behave likes the BB10 OS.
    Facebook made a phone?
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-14-13 10:49 PM
    Facebook made a phone?
    Yes. Facebook thought that just because they were great at social networking that they could sell smartphones. HTC First discontinued by AT&T: First ‘Facebook phone’ a flop | BGR

Just like some people think that just because Blackberry sells smartphones they can do cross-platform social networking like Facebook and Twitter.
    10-14-13 10:53 PM
113,256 ... 21032104210521062107 ...