View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bell announced today that they are the first carrier in the world to offer Samsung's KNOX for enterprises in a partnership with Samsung.

Do BES services get offered through BlackBerry directly or the carriers?

Posted via CB10
    danprown likes this.
    10-10-13 09:55 AM
    BlackBerry closing Halifax office. Thought some of you may want to read this article.

BlackBerry Ltd to close Halifax office in January, lay off 350 workers | Financial Post
    10-10-13 10:09 AM
    BlackBerry closing Halifax office. Thought some of you may want to read this article.

BlackBerry Ltd to close Halifax office in January, lay off 350 workers | Financial Post
    As a Bluenoser I hate to see this happen. However, keep in mind that they were approached by NSBI (Nova Scotia Buniness Inc) and given payroll subsidies and grants to locate in Nova Scotia and create employment.

Now that times are tough BB have to cut the cloth to fit the suit.

You win some . . . . . . you lose a lot!

EDIT:

They are keeping around 36 people to work in the area. They will be working from their homes.
    10-10-13 10:26 AM
    if the deal is worth it, nobody will worry about the break fee. right Prem is no fool and he can time or coordinate making his deal official depending on how negotiations develop. so, take out the pop corn and watch this develop. no rush.
    Except that the company will continue to twist in the wind with customers, employees, developers, retailers, and carriers unwilling to invest in a product line that may not exist in a few months. Slowing things down helps the buyers because it makes Blackberry less valuable each month.
    I want to thank everyone and anyone who helped me lobby Rogers into carrying the Z30. We gave them a good headache on that one! At least they were smart enough to reverse their decision which many management teams won't do because they hate to admit a mistake. Cheers to Rogers!
    My thinking at the moment is that we will not see too much (except for more announcements from Sharks LLP) until the last week of October. This is when the lid will blow off. It's a waiting game.
    I want to thank everyone and anyone who helped me lobby Rogers into carrying the Z30. We gave them a good headache on that one! At least they were smart enough to reverse their decision which many management teams won't do because they hate to admit a mistake. Cheers to Rogers!
    My thinking at the moment is that we will not see too much (except for more announcements from Sharks LLP) until the last week of October. This is when the lid will blow off. It's a waiting game.
    LoL . . . . . . bottom feeders and ambulance chasers.
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-10-13 10:31 AM
    loving it!!
    > Is that what I said? Maybe my translator does not work as good as yours. I'll have to download a better app.

> OK, I won't. I'll just think it.

> I'll remind you that you are in a CrackBerryian thread. The others are that way<<<.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-10-13 10:32 AM
    I think the real "fun" will start if FF finalizes the offer, but then we start hearing from that person familiar with the matter that BBRY has been sitting on interest from X, Y, Z ready to pay for parts A, B, and C.
    10-10-13 10:40 AM
    I don't think so. I think in fact this is good for shareholders because it shows someone is thinking about value for shareholders. The fiduciary duty of the board is to the company, not the shareholders. They are interested in keeping it alive. But for any sharheolder not participating in the FF deal, there is no upside for the deal, if, in fact, in a breakup, more value is unlocked. So the spin on the news should not be negative. It shows management has plan B, C, etc. It all depends on the value of the parts at the end of the day...

Seems to me this is a 'short' fake lead as the SP is starting to gain traction. Bloomberg has had nothing but BBRY bears to slag the company.

When the WSJ release another update citing "people with knowledge of the matter" then I might take it -- as the WSJ seems to have a good informant of late. Can anyone reference a similar Bloomberg update lately on BBRY that proved the 'sources' were correct?

Let's see if it ends up so "clear" in the end.
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-10-13 10:56 AM
    I think the real "fun" will start if FF finalizes the offer, but then we start hearing from that person familiar with the matter that BBRY has been sitting on interest from X, Y, Z ready to pay for parts A, B, and C.
    I would rather see BB comes out in one piece, but it might be ok in pieces.
    1. BBM Inc. Secured messaging, voice calls, video calls, Social groups, and web browsing for all smartphones and computers.
    2. BB MDM Inc. for corps and governments.
    3. BB M2M Inc. for cars, appliances, homes, and other machines.
    4. BB handsets Inc. making best phones (best sounds, best reception) for all OS (Androids, WP, and BB10).
    5. BB Clouds Inc. Secured storage for everybody.
    6. BB design Inc. Licensing patents and designs to other handset makers (keyboard, antenna, etc).
    7. BB Software Inc. Customized OSes based on QNX, and Apps (including Docs to go, BB travel, etc) for all.

OK. I am just being delusional...
    10-10-13 11:03 AM
    What happened to this thread? I used to have a hard time keeping up with it, now there is nothing new when I hit the refresh button. Where are the regular contributors??!! My own contribution is useless!!
    Korepab likes this.
    10-10-13 12:14 PM
    Little to no news at the moment.

Don't know what happened to xbbm?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 12:20 PM
    What happened to this thread? I used to have a hard time keeping up with it, now there is nothing new when I hit the refresh button. Where are the regular contributors??!! My own contribution is useless!!
    Too busy scooping up cheap BlackBerry shares...
    And, yes, where is xBBM?
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-10-13 12:42 PM
    All of us are still around, watching the stock, as boring as it is. Wait until the news breaks of another bidder, you'll see everyone back here again. The CB app is so easy to follow on a Z10, so keep posting and be prepared for awesome news!
    Randeman, _dimi_, sidhuk and 10 others like this.
    10-10-13 01:01 PM
    the SP is acting crazy right now wonder what is going on
    Little to no news at the moment.

Don't know what happened to xbbm?

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and plasmid_boy like this.
    10-10-13 01:01 PM
    the SP is acting crazy right now wonder what is going on
    There's nothing left for sale down here, check out the volume. We are ripe for a rally. Shorts have to cover.
    10-10-13 01:03 PM
    Loving it!!
    thanks Morgan
    There's nothing left for sale down here, check out the volume. We are ripe for a rally. Shorts have to cover.
    10-10-13 01:04 PM
    Rumour that Mike L is at 8% ownership now??
    10-10-13 01:05 PM
    10-10-13 01:05 PM
    Let's the FUN beginnn!!!
    10-10-13 01:10 PM
    Michael Lazaridis reports 8.0% stake in BlackBerry

In light of BlackBerry's recent announcement that its board of directors has formed a Special Committee to explore strategic alternatives to enhance value and increase scale, Lazaridis is considering all available options with respect to the holdings of the shares, including, without limitation, a potential acquisition of all the outstanding shares of the company not currently owned, either by himself or with other interested investors.
    10-10-13 01:14 PM
    Interestingly, if Mike can get another 2% of BBRY, or at least 2% by proxy, he can effectively veto any takeover bid. Including Watsa's.
    10-10-13 01:20 PM
    good news, $9 should be 100% a floor now.
    silversun10 likes this.
    10-10-13 01:22 PM
    Interestingly, if Mike can get another 2% of BBRY, or at least 2% by proxy, he can effectively veto any takeover bid. Including Watsa's.
    Well to answer my own question....

The potential offer by Mike Lazaridis and Douglas Freglin, who together control some 16 per cent of BlackBerry, was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Investment companies owned by the two have struck an agreement to �work exclusively with each other with respect to any potential acquisition of all or a portion of the assets or equity interests� of BlackBerry, according to the document.

They have hired Wall Street giant Goldman Sachs & Co. and Centerview Partners LLC to help in the process.
    Co-founders mull bid for embattled BlackBerry - The Globe and Mail
    10-10-13 01:35 PM
    From the G&M article above:

"Mr. Lazaridis, founder of what was then Research In Motion and former co-CEO, and Mr. Fregin, also a founder and former vice-president of operations, each control almost 41.7 million BlackBerry shares, or 8 per cent each."
    10-10-13 01:40 PM
113,256 ... 20942095209620972098 ...