Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    10-08-13 06:29 PM
    Again, we have unusual volume in BBRY options today:

Options Market Recap. BBRY largest option trades of the day. $BBRY - Market Reports - Blog - Articles - Livevol Community

There were large block trade purchase (14,000) of $7 PUT JAN 18 2014 & another purchase (13,000) $8 CALL JAN 18 2014.

Someone is placing a large bet with long straddle option strategy:

Option Straddle (Long Straddle) Explained | Online Option Trading Guide

This speculator is expecting news on BBRY offer very soon and expects volatility up or down on this offer.
    10-08-13 09:16 PM
    Can somebody with 10.2 test m.questrade.com it doesn't seem to work for me

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    It loads fine for me, but for several months (since 10.1) I've had the issue where when I try to click on the menu, it'll appear for a second and then quickly hide again. I have to try and hit it like 20-30 times before finally ONCE it will stay so I can actually select stuff from the menu.

Other than that, yes, it loads.
    10-08-13 10:47 PM
    Hi all; I thought, I would share a quick chart for BBRY. There is no pattern for me to establish on the actual chart based on the movement of the past 3 days, so you can ignore the past chart lines. I put comments on the chart about the indicators. If you are still holding this stock, especially with "significant" amount, then you have the balls of steel.

So far, this is a neutral and confusing time similar to when astronomers decide that Pluto is not a planet anymore, so you go, "oh, it is not? Ok..., but it was a planet for many years, you know. All right, do we have a replacement for it?" Something like that.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-10-08-11.59.23-pm.jpg
    10-08-13 11:17 PM
    BlackBerry should not be left to LANGUISH in OBLIVION, That would be absolutely shameful, I hope history does not repeat itself like ie: the Avro Arrow.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman likes this.
    10-09-13 05:58 AM
    Sounds neat.

BlackBerry’s New ‘Simple’ Enterprise Cloud Service For Android, BlackBerry And iOS Announced
    By Adnan Farooqui on 10/08/2013

BlackBerry has already said that it will now focus more on the enterprise and “prosumer” market. The company’s backbone has been its enterprise customers for a long time and its definitely not going to want to lose them. As part of its push to be more relevant with business customers in the increasingly competitive market, BlackBerry has announced a new “simple, easy to use cloud service” which brings “trusted and simple enterprise mobility management to a new level of convenience.”

Business customers won’t have to deal with any extra setup costs. BlackBerry says that the cloud service will be purpose built to meet the needs of its business customers, and that they will not require dedicated servers, softwares or even IT experience. The focus seems to have been keeping price down, BlackBerry says that this new service will cost “less than a cup of coffee” per user, per month. The service will have a simple web based admin console to provide easy activation and deployment of BlackBerry, Android and iOS devices. Administrators will be able to keep an eye on all deployed devices and they’ll also be able to distribute apps from the App Store, Google Play Store and BlackBerry World. BlackBerry hasn’t given the service a name as yet and has not provided a timeframe in which it will go live.
    10-09-13 06:17 AM
    apparently Lenovo and HTC are talking already since August
    plasmid_boy and rarsen like this.
    10-09-13 06:19 AM
    And the clean-up continues?

6:53AM BlackBerry and Wi-LAN (WILN) settle all litigations (BBRY) 7.98 : Wi-Lan (WILN) announced that BlackBerry and WiLAN have reached an agreement to dismiss all pending patent litigations between the companies. As part of the agreement, BlackBerry has obtained a license to certain patents in suit in Florida. As a result, all litigations between the companies in Florida will be dismissed with prejudice. In addition, the agreement calls for the dismissal, without prejudice, of all litigation between the companies in Texas. The parties will pursue licensing discussions regarding certain other wireless technologies.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:19 AM
    Attachment 209100
    Just getting the hang of it. It is a good phone. Battery life is a relief. Probably another couple of days before get my grip on it. Certainly not for people with learning disabilities. Keyboard is creepy. I read the Z30 crash news this morning. Mine have no issue what so ever. Speakers and call quality is amazing. The night time clock is handy. Screen is good.
    So far, I'm nothing but pleased with my Z30. Didn't look at the battery life ... because I didn't have to !!!
    The only point I might consider slightly negative is the weight if you compare to Z10 (almost feel like double) that could be a problem for girls.
    Used it yesterday in rehearsal for video and sound (parrot) recording; I'll check it out on my PC, but on the Z30 it was amazing if you consider all the particularities of the situation (high, I mean HIGH volume and low lights.

I'll wait for a while with IRL usage, but I'll be back with a full report !

Cheers
    #IchooseBlackBery10 and there's nothing in this Z that's changed my mind !
    10-09-13 07:30 AM
    Can somebody with 10.2 test m.questrade.com it doesn't seem to work for me

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    Succeeded to land on the practice account page (10.2.0.1521 on Z30)
    10-09-13 07:31 AM
    Microsoft has made two announcements in the last few days regarding support for other mobile platforms targeting the enterprise market..

Microsoft to roll out Remote Desktop to iOS and Android later this month

Microsoft let slip that with the launch of Windows Server 2012 R2, it will release its Remote Desktop app not just on Windows, Windows RT and OS X, but also iOS and Android later this month. This marks the first time the popular remote desktop software has made it to the rival mobile platforms, and could prove to be a shot across the bow to other apps in the same space.
    Office for iPad to debut after touch-friendly Windows version | The Verge

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has revealed that the company is planning to bring Office to the iPad with a touch user interface. Speaking at a Gartner event in Florida today, Ballmer said "iPad will be picked up when... there's a touch first user interface." That touch first interface appears to be making its way to the Windows version of Office first, with the iPad edition to follow afterwards. Ballmer noted the touch first interface is "in progress."
    10-09-13 08:26 AM
    Why would they crush them? It's free R&D. I mean, look at iOS7 for example. BlackBerry basically designed all the new features for Apple. Google is no different.

I feel that this is what the Fairfax plan is all about. Make them pay for what they take from BB10 before they milk it right down to liquidation.
    10-09-13 08:43 AM
    The CALs cost would be the issue. My theory is that MS, Apple and Google will provide CALs for free on their own platforms/clouds at some point in the future. They are going to try to snuff out all the competition.

Microsoft has made two announcements in the last few days regarding support for other mobile platforms targeting the enterprise market..

Microsoft to roll out Remote Desktop to iOS and Android later this month

Office for iPad to debut after touch-friendly Windows version | The Verge
    10-09-13 08:46 AM
    Wow, market tanking again.
    10-09-13 08:52 AM
    Looks to be OK?
    10-09-13 08:55 AM
    Looks to be OK?
    Or maybe just my portfolio.

PSDV down 9%+

Pharma getting killed. Solar getting crushed.
    10-09-13 09:04 AM
    Layoffs :-(
    10-09-13 09:04 AM
    So far, I'm nothing but pleased with my Z30. Didn't look at the battery life ... because I didn't have to !!!
    The only point I might consider slightly negative is the weight if you compare to Z10 (almost feel like double) that could be a problem for girls.
    Used it yesterday in rehearsal for video and sound (parrot) recording; I'll check it out on my PC, but on the Z30 it was amazing if you consider all the particularities of the situation (high, I mean HIGH volume and low lights.

I'll wait for a while with IRL usage, but I'll be back with a full report !

Cheers
    #IchooseBlackBery10 and there's nothing in this Z that's changed my mind !
    I apparently felt that it is lot easier to hold than an iPhone for example. (not bad mouthing iPhone just comparing LOL). It seems like it does have better audio signal processor cause sounds much cleaner over blue tooth speakers..
    I found this thread in CB, if you request any android app that you like to be ported to your blackberry 10 the guy will post it back very quickly. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...ml#post9301737
    Oh and, evolution browser is wonderful for Web. Gnewsreader, flip board, sayit, are great. By the way if you hold the space bar while typing in CB app, it is a shortcut to attache a picture. I am happy with the product

Visiting CB with Z30
    10-09-13 10:11 AM
    Or maybe just my portfolio.

PSDV down 9%+

Pharma getting killed. Solar getting crushed.
    Everything is as well.
    10-09-13 10:22 AM
    I apparently felt that it is lot easier to hold than an iPhone for example. (not bad mouthing iPhone just comparing LOL). It seems like it does have better audio signal processor cause sounds much cleaner over blue tooth speakers..
    I found this thread in CB, if you request any android app that you like to be ported to your blackberry 10 the guy will post it back very quickly. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...ml#post9301737
    Oh and, evolution browser is wonderful for Web. Gnewsreader, flip board, sayit, are great. By the way if you hold the space bar while typing in CB app, it is a shortcut to attache a picture. I am happy with the product

Visiting CB with Z30
    Add also the signal strength under steroids : Before, I had problems with any phones in my office, where the Z30 is now proudly displaying 3-4 out of 5 bars !
    sidhuk, bungaboy, dusdal and 3 others like this.
    10-09-13 12:58 PM
    looks like some buying going on
    Superfly_FR and bigbadben10 like this.
    10-09-13 01:36 PM
    looks like some buying going on
    You beat me at it

CU later Gang !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    10-09-13 01:39 PM
    Add also the signal strength under steroids : Before, I had problems with any phones in my office, where the Z30 is now proudly displaying 3-4 out of 5 bars !
    sorry for dragging this in the thread however i feel it is important that I put here. the biggest issue I had was extracting my hundreds of Notes from Iphone/apple system. Make sure the notes are icloud synch disabled in Iphone, only then in the itune info option you will see the option to synch notes with outlook. then use install Evernote on desktop and blackberry, select evernote synch tab in outlook to send all the notes with evernote.
    10-09-13 01:48 PM
    You beat me at it

CU later Gang !
    Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall

October 9, 2013
    14:37 EDT BBRY Canada Pension Plan weighs joining BlackBerry bid, Bloomberg says
    Canada Pension Plan Investment Board will consider if it makes sense for the fund to participate in a bid for BlackBerry (BBRY), Mark Wiseman, the CEO of the fund, told Bloomberg in an interview. Shares of the troubled handset maker spiked on the report and are up about 0.9% in afternoon trading.
    10-09-13 01:55 PM
    Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall

October 9, 2013
    14:37 EDT BBRY Canada Pension Plan weighs joining BlackBerry bid, Bloomberg says
    Canada Pension Plan Investment Board will consider if it makes sense for the fund to participate in a bid for BlackBerry (BBRY), Mark Wiseman, the CEO of the fund, told Bloomberg in an interview. Shares of the troubled handset maker spiked on the report and are up about 0.9% in afternoon trading.
    If you read the article, it means nothing.

Basically he said CPP is trying to make money for its 18M retired peoples, not for saving bbry.
    And it seems he thinks even at $9 it is big risk to invest at bbry.

Just like any other traders.
    10-09-13 02:15 PM
113,256 ... 20912092209320942095 ...