View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I believe I said more trolls, I thought it's means the the regulars registered + others trolls, but my English is bad so that's might mean something different, sorry.
    If this is so, their posts should stop now.

I do not think it is just when BBRY is in the green.
    morganplus8, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-08-13 11:19 AM
    Is this for real? Is this real life?

10-08-13 11:25 AM
    Nothing has changed with HALO, it has fallen back to its uptrend line on the heals of ACAD which has dropped to its 50-dma and bounced from there. I wanted ACAD to drop back to buy it again but I didn't want to see HALO sell off in the same vein. I'm a buyer of both of them and just missed my order for ACAD in the sub $ 23.00/shr area. I hope to sell my PSDV at a very nice profit and buy more of ACAD and HALO so I'm pleased to see them both down. The story hasn't changed but there are large institutions, 92% held for ACAD, that might want to lock in profits way up here. HALO will bounce back as soon as ACAD finds a bottom.
    Looks like you might hit your re-entry point today afterall on ACAD. Sold my PSDV, thanks for the quick profit Morgan. Looking to buy some other items today.
    Facebook, unfortunately for me, is taking quite a tumble today. Might be a buying opp. for some of you.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-08-13 11:28 AM
    Alright, I finally went and upgraded to the Z10... (Mainly because my parents did and I'm their on-call tech support.)

The stock can go up now.
    10-08-13 11:58 AM
    Alright, I finally went and upgraded to the Z10... (Mainly because my parents did and I'm their on-call tech support.)

The stock can go up now.
    Now you can peek and flow with the best of them! (and keep moving, too)
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-08-13 12:05 PM
    I HATE the SP action of BBRY. Very scary under the circumstances. Still at 8. Just bizarre

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-08-13 12:11 PM
    Looks like you might hit your re-entry point today afterall on ACAD. Sold my PSDV, thanks for the quick profit Morgan. Looking to buy some other items today.
    Facebook, unfortunately for me, is taking quite a tumble today. Might be a buying opp. for some of you.
    Hey you're welcome! Great day to buy some stock. I really like ACAD after a correction. Bought some more HALO today too. Both have funds holding large profits so this was bound to happen. GL
    Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    10-08-13 12:14 PM
    Google's Nexus 5 is rumoured to have a 3000mAh battery and priced at $399 outright. How can you compete with that? wow.

This is one of the struggles facing handset makers. Good for consumers.
    In the end, nobody could really profit by selling phones, you profit from selling software and service, just like current PC industry.

By that, you need mass volume.
    10-08-13 12:21 PM
    Another George K. SA article. I'm starting to think George owes me a cut.
    It's just that he makes so much sense, to me.

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry Smoke Over Waterloo Ontario [Apple Inc., Google Inc, SAP AG (ADR)] - Seeking Alpha
    10-08-13 12:37 PM
    Please provide us with at least a few more patents losses, you have only shown us one to date. Good luck.
    Research in Motion Ltd., the Canadian maker of the BlackBerry, lost a $147 million jury verdict in July in a patent-infringement lawsuit brought by closely held Mformation Technologies Inc. over mobile-device management software.

Patent Trial Awards Soar With Some Big Ones Cut by Judges - Bloomberg

Research In Motion Ltd., the maker of the BlackBerry e-mail device, Friday announced it has settled its long-running patent dispute with a small Virginia-based firm, averting a possible court-ordered shutdown of the BlackBerry system.
    At the hearing, Judge James R. Spencer expressed impatience with RIM and urged a settlement.
    "He basically questioned the sanity of RIM, and said it wasn't acting very rationally," said Rod Thompson, patent attorney at Farella, Braun and Martel in San Francisco. "His prodding of the parties worked."

Settlement Ends BlackBerry Patent Suit - CBS News
    10-08-13 12:46 PM
    It’s a beautiful day down in Redmond, Washington. Microsoft has announced a purchase deal of RIM for $5Billion. The purchase will also include BlackBerry Messaging patents. The patents are behind the security of message exchanges on BlackBerry Smartphones.
    RIM has been faced tough times for the last 2 years, and reported a $1,25billion loss last week. We’re not sure what Microsoft is going to do with BlackBerry patents but a Windows Phone messenger client for Windows Phones won’t be far fetched.
    This seems great for Microsoft. They can decide to shut the entire BlackBerry product down and push Windows Phone even further. BlackBerry users what do you think about this?
    Microsoft Buys RIM For $5Billion Including BlackBerry Patents : Technesstivity
    10-08-13 12:48 PM
    They could have easily made the headline say "Previously announced BlackBerry layoffs begin with 300 in Waterloo".

The way the headline is written now, it insinuates that another 300 layoffs have been made on top of the 4500 (if you don't read the article).

Posted via CB10
    They needed to write this because the SP is on the rise.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-08-13 12:53 PM
    A little late for april fools no?
    10-08-13 12:54 PM
    Research in Motion Ltd., the Canadian maker of the BlackBerry, lost a $147 million jury verdict in July in a patent-infringement lawsuit brought by closely held Mformation Technologies Inc. over mobile-device management software.

Patent Trial Awards Soar With Some Big Ones Cut by Judges - Bloomberg

Research In Motion Ltd., the maker of the BlackBerry e-mail device, Friday announced it has settled its long-running patent dispute with a small Virginia-based firm, averting a possible court-ordered shutdown of the BlackBerry system.
    At the hearing, Judge James R. Spencer expressed impatience with RIM and urged a settlement.
    "He basically questioned the sanity of RIM, and said it wasn't acting very rationally," said Rod Thompson, patent attorney at Farella, Braun and Martel in San Francisco. "His prodding of the parties worked."

Settlement Ends BlackBerry Patent Suit - CBS News

And we've over-turned patent lawsuits from the same company :

RIM-Mformation Patent Lawsuit: Ruling Against BlackBerry Maker Overturned, Company Says

Please try again MSFT boy.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 10-08-13 at 01:52 PM.
    10-08-13 12:55 PM
    10-08-13 01:11 PM
    Hearing that Google interest is confirmed, cisco/sap is not confirmed yet.
    Thanks.

I think Google wants them largely due to TAT.

Consider Google glass, featuring TAT....
    10-08-13 01:27 PM
    Lol epic fail there GB
    Lol. It popped up in my search of Blackberry patent fights. I find it funny that the sale price ($5 billion) is pretty close to what Prem is offering today, and 18 months ago it was an April's fools day fodder.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-08-13 01:29 PM
    Newman Ferrara LLP announces that a class action lawsuit has been filed in the Unites States District Court, Southern District of New York against BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY) ("BlackBerry" or the "Company") and certain of its executive officers, alleging violations of federal securities laws.

Investors who purchased BlackBerry securities between September 27, 2012 and September 20, 2013 (the "Class Period") may apply with the Court to be appointed Lead Plaintiff no later than December 3, 2013. The Lead Plaintiff will direct the litigation on behalf of the other class members.
    BlackBerry Ltd : Newman Ferrara LLP Announces Securities Class Action Against BlackBerry Limited and Advises Investors of December 3, 2013 Lead Plaintiff Deadline | 4-Traders

Is this a new one?
    10-08-13 01:32 PM
    BB10 for mobile computing?

Google engineers are the best in bay area, so are in the world,
    If QNX > Android
    Then BB10 Engineers > Google Engineers.

Hmm, wonder why Google is moving into Waterloo.
    10-08-13 01:34 PM
    Its a new one, but it is the same one... I guess what you take away from it is that by December 3, 2013 there will be a squabble who will be the lead plaintiff (i.e. which lawfirm will be in the driving seat).
    10-08-13 01:46 PM
    Google's Nexus 5 is rumoured to have a 3000mAh battery and priced at $399 outright. How can you compete with that? wow.

This is one of the struggles facing handset makers. Good for consumers.
    ... You can't. This us why I am glad to hear that BlackBerry is dropping out if 'consumer'.
    Try and convince a child or a child-minded person that stats should not be the focus when buying a device.
    I actually prefer to own a device that merely communicates in a superior way.

Good grief!
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-08-13 01:46 PM
    If QNX > Android
    Then BB10 Engineers > Google Engineers.

Hmm, wonder why Google is moving into Waterloo.

Best place to find and hire experienced people is near one of your competitors. Especially helps when they are laying people off by the thousands.

BlackBerry's problem has been scale. They didn't have the number of people working in R&D or Software Development that Google had. And they didn't have the budget that Google had.

But the truth is, QNX didn't make a good platform for BB10.
    And the truth is, BB10 is competing with two very mature platforms. They whole, iOS and Android weren't perfect at launch is a very naive reply, because they didn't have to be. Today in this market, BB10 had to be perfect, it needed to be full featured and it need support... it had none of that.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 10-08-13 at 02:02 PM. Reason: spell
    10-08-13 01:56 PM
    Well, a lawyer friend of mine had her firm bought up by a larger Toronto firm and today is the first official day. In her old firm they used older BB's and she is now the proud owner of a new Z10.
    10-08-13 01:57 PM
    Best place to find and hire experienced people is near one of your competitors. Especially helps when they are laying people off by the thousands.

BlackBerry's problem has been scale. They didn't have the number of people working in R&D or Software Development that Google had. And they didn't have the budget that Google had.

But the truth is, QNX didn't make a good platform for BB10.
    And the truth is, BB10 is competing with too very mature platforms. They whole, iOS and Android weren't perfect at launch is a very naive reply, because they didn't have to be. Today in this market, BB10 had to be perfect, it needed to be full featured and it need support... it had none of that.
    Ok, first, Google is not just moving into the area. They have been hear for years. Second, the truth is, it did make a good platform for BB10 which the majority of B10 users will tell you. It may need a day or two to figure out, and there are features that were missing that some legacy users miss, but it is good and getting better. Truth be told, the only times I hear any people complaining about BB10 is here, and I know a few that have them, I've met quite a few that have them, and in the first few months of them being out, I asked many that I saw what they thought of it.
    10-08-13 02:03 PM
    Ok, first, Google is not just moving into the area. They have been hear for years. Second, the truth is, it did make a good platform for BB10 which the majority of B10 users will tell you. It may need a day or two to figure out, and there are features that were missing that some legacy users miss, but it is good and getting better. Truth be told, the only times I hear any people complaining about BB10 is here, and I know a few that have them, I've met quite a few that have them, and in the first few months of them being out, I asked many that I saw what they thought of it.
    Yep, the os is great and no company launches a new os without any problems. I actually expected a lot of big bugs but none so far, just minor ones that have been fixed or will be with 10.2. The biggest issue which has nothing to do with the os performance are the lack of apps for some people. Other than that the os is great in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 02:21 PM
113,256 ... 20892090209120922093 ...