View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I would have thought that BBRY could have reacted a bit to this. I have no holdings in BBRY but I still think Samsung is the best option for them. Samsung has the production scale and money to support a new OS properly. They can push it to the next level. Build hardware, get the apps and do proper marketing.

Samsung Seeks Software Acquisitions to Overcome Key Weakness - WSJ.com
    10-08-13 09:24 AM
    BB10 for mobile computing?

Google engineers are the best in bay area, so are in the world,
    Some of the best....
    morganplus8, jxnb, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    10-08-13 09:28 AM
    Some of the best....
    When your world view is based on extremism and absolutism, words like "some" simply don't exist.
    10-08-13 09:37 AM
    Some of the best....
    the key for bbry's fail is that they really did not have the talent to develop a great OS.
    Do not try to pump QNX to me.

What did Apple do was scale down its macOS into mobile phone.
    10-08-13 09:42 AM
    BB10 for mobile computing?

Google engineers are the best in bay area, so are in the world,
    Yes, yes, I hear you that the Bay area is the best in the world! <rolls eyes>.
    I do enjoy the area. Palo Alto is a pretty nice place to visit (I used to travel there at least twice a year). Lived close to the Golden Gate Park and worked at Stanford.

Just for the record, IMO BlackBerry's BB10 kicks Google's Android buttt by at least 3 years. And yes, I do understand that BB10 is not from the Bay area.
    10-08-13 09:46 AM
    the key for bbry's fail is that they really did not have the talent to develop a great OS.
    Do not try to pump QNX to me.

What did Apple do was scale down its macOS into mobile phone.
    The OS is a great one, it just didn't catch on.
    10-08-13 09:46 AM
    Funny that BBRY is holding green on a day like this.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    10-08-13 10:00 AM
    The OS is a great one, it just didn't catch on.
    That is fine, you are fan, I am not.
    10-08-13 10:01 AM
    Yes, yes, I hear you that the Bay area is the best in the world! <rolls eyes>.
    I do enjoy the area. Palo Alto is a pretty nice place to visit (I used to travel there at least twice a year). Lived close to the Golden Gate Park and worked at Stanford.

Just for the record, IMO BlackBerry's BB10 kicks Google's Android buttt by at least 3 years. And yes, I do understand that BB10 is not from the Bay area.
    Yes, for 20 years, all BBRY did was putting email into a phone,

And BB10 never ever kicked Andriod's as*. LOL. You can make any pump you want.
    10-08-13 10:04 AM
    sorry to ask morgan but can you provide an update on HALO as well? itll be much appreciated
    jmehta22 and kfh227 like this.
    10-08-13 10:05 AM
    sorry to ask morgan but can you provide an update on HALO as well? itll be much appreciated
    The whole market is taking a beating, including health.
    10-08-13 10:09 AM
    The whole market is taking a beating, including health.
    Yup. Lots of buying opps today.
    10-08-13 10:11 AM
    Nothing has changed with HALO, it has fallen back to its uptrend line on the heals of ACAD which has dropped to its 50-dma and bounced from there. I wanted ACAD to drop back to buy it again but I didn't want to see HALO sell off in the same vein. I'm a buyer of both of them and just missed my order for ACAD in the sub $ 23.00/shr area. I hope to sell my PSDV at a very nice profit and buy more of ACAD and HALO so I'm pleased to see them both down. The story hasn't changed but there are large institutions, 92% held for ACAD, that might want to lock in profits way up here. HALO will bounce back as soon as ACAD finds a bottom.

EDIT:

Here is the chart on ACAD:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-acad-chart-oct-08-2013.jpg

See how high RSI got on ACAD? This rally was grossly over bought.

I'll post a chart on HALO next.

The chart for HALO:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-chart-oct-08-2013.jpg

Again, grossly over bought but the weight of the general market and ACAD is knocking it down here. ACAD has likely seen its low at the 50-dma and HALO is looking like it is at a bottom around its 20-ema which is somewhat stronger than ACAD.
    Randeman, sidhuk, rarsen and 11 others like this.
    10-08-13 10:14 AM
    Thanks M8!
    Yah i've been waiting for ACAD to drop back to around 21-22 thats where im comfortable in getting in we shall see!

Nothing has changed with HALO, it has fallen back to its uptrend line on the heals of ACAD which has dropped to its 50-dma and bounced from there. I wanted ACAD to drop back to buy it again but I didn't want to see HALO sell off in the same vein. I'm a buyer of both of them and just missed my order for ACAD in the sub $ 23.00/shr area. I hope to sell my PSDV at a very nice profit and buy more of ACAD and HALO so I'm pleased to see them both down. The story hasn't changed but there are large institutions, 92% held for ACAD, that might want to lock in profits way up here. HALO will bounce back as soon as ACAD finds a bottom.
    morganplus8, Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    10-08-13 10:16 AM
    Yup. Lots of buying opps today.
    If you got the cash, it's great.
    Randeman likes this.
    10-08-13 10:21 AM
    Funny that BBRY is holding green on a day like this.
    It is because there has been so much negative news that ANYTHING positive would make it go up. Good to hear that there might be some "real" offers in the near future!
    10-08-13 10:26 AM
    Thanks M8!
    Yah i've been waiting for ACAD to drop back to around 21-22 thats where im comfortable in getting in we shall see!
    I sold out of it completely last week. I'm looking to write Naked Puts on it at a $ 22.50/shr strike so that I can get back in around $ 20.00/shr net. This is great news for tax purposes so I hope to do the trade soon. GL
    Randeman, sidhuk and fedakd like this.
    10-08-13 10:43 AM
    10-08-13 10:46 AM
    Yes, for 20 years, all BBRY did was putting email into a phone,
    I would like to make a suggestion for you, if I may. Please buy a BB10 phone and then let us know if your statement needs to be changed. You can return it if you don't like, so you have nothing to lose. Oh, yeah, and please read up more about BB's contribution to the smartphone technology so that you can avoid making this kind of statement in the future.
    10-08-13 10:47 AM
    So interesting to see more trolls every time the SP is green. Make me wonder if they do it for themselves or get compensated for doing it.
    I feel sorry for them if this is what they have to do to feed theirs families.
    10-08-13 10:52 AM
    So interesting to see more trolls every time the SP is green. Make me wonder if they do it for themselves or get compensated for doing it.
    I feel sorry for them if this is what they have to do to feed theirs families.
    If this is so, their posts should stop now.

I do not think it is just when BBRY is in the green.
    10-08-13 10:56 AM
    It's pathetic that people harass others like that!

Posted via CB10
    Jahcure, cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    10-08-13 10:59 AM
    Could this be one of ours referred to here?
    LOL, that was my first thought. "Which troll from the CB thread is this guy?"

Pathetic that BGR would post a private email exchange too, since it looks like (assuming that's all true) Alec's reply was private, not sent to the list as the BGR twerp insinuates.
    10-08-13 11:11 AM
    Google's Nexus 5 is rumoured to have a 3000mAh battery and priced at $399 outright. How can you compete with that? wow.

This is one of the struggles facing handset makers. Good for consumers.
    anon(4086547) and the_sleuth like this.
    10-08-13 11:14 AM
    Would be difficult not to respond exactly the same way, no matter who you were.
    10-08-13 11:15 AM
113,250 ... 20882089209020912092 ...