View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I like. How much?
    about C$720 sorry about C$698 including delivery. not sure about customs and brokerage local taxes. yet.
    BlackBerry� Z30 Sim Free
    danprown and bungaboy like this.
    10-07-13 12:19 PM
    Samsung is my favourite pic to buy everything or at the very least, license. They need the patents badly having lost a case to Apple for $ 1.4 Billion, initially in California, they paid much less, but when you add up all of their lawsuits in Europe and NA, they could buy BBRY for nothing.
    I think Blackberry's patent chest is devalued by cross-licensing deals:
    Motorola and RIM settle patent dispute with a good old cross-licensing deal
    RIM loses in patent cross-licensing dispute with Nokia
    Antitrust Concerns Over the $4.5B Apple-Microsoft-RIM Patent Purchase - Patent Law Blog (Patently-O)

Also despite RIM/Blackberry's foundational portfolio they seems to have lost patent suit after patent suit, so whatever they have may not be that valuable or useful.
    rodan01 and Etios like this.
    10-07-13 12:49 PM
    let us know how you like it, i am thinking a picking one.
    My Z30 should be delivered today according to UPS. shipped from UK on the 3rd. I am glad I ordered it cause Rogers is not carrying it.
    sidhuk, plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    10-07-13 12:56 PM
    BBRY $8.06 with $17.2 Million volume, = No complain here!!!
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    10-07-13 01:02 PM
    BlackBerry is focusing heavily on Cloud based services for Enterprise now, and looks to ramp-down handsets almost all together(?)

If they focus on the cloud, they will still have to compete with some big names like AMD though.
    http://gigaom.com/2013/10/07/new-ver...heavy-lifting/

The ante just went up.
    Looks like it's time to buy more butter and kernels for popping.

Go BlackBerry!!!
    Randeman, danprown and bungaboy like this.
    10-07-13 03:06 PM
    Should i try to average down here or should i just stick it out and if another offer comes in be happy to break even
    10-07-13 03:12 PM
    Well, finally back in to work after #3 daughter is married off, now that takes care of all but one, and she's a ways off, and I'm not paying for that one.
    10-07-13 03:13 PM
    Should i try to average down here or should i just stick it out and if another offer comes in be happy to break even
    You really shouldn't be asking the people in this forum for investing advice... You need to make your own choices. Look at what the various parties have already said, and decide based on your own judgment about all the facts, speculation, your willingness to accept risk, and whatever else matters.
    10-07-13 03:29 PM
    Good for you!
    I have a long way to go my oldest is in 2nd grade! but i am enjoying them while theirs are young!
    Well, finally back in to work after #3 daughter is married off, now that takes care of all but one, and she's a ways off, and I'm not paying for that one.
    10-07-13 03:49 PM
    I think this has been in their road map for quite some time.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, I must have repeated it too often so that nobody reads the following: BES10 + Office365 is on the road map. (and free BlackBerry BCS for O365 legacy devices is livefor over 2 years).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-07-13 at 05:31 PM.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    10-07-13 05:15 PM
    I know a person who, after his third divorce, finally admitted that what they say is true -- the problem with always sleeping with young women is that there is always one squirt coming up that needs money for something. Hockey, college, wedding, divorce...

10-07-13 05:26 PM
    My Z30 should be delivered today according to UPS. shipped from UK on the 3rd. I am glad I ordered it cause Rogers is not carrying it.
    Ah! You beat me at this! Should be here 2morrow too... but CET !

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy and JLagoon like this.
    10-07-13 05:34 PM
    Good luck. High risk, but potentially REALLY high returns.
    Essentially, a gamble!
    10-07-13 05:37 PM
    OK gang, typing this from z30. Just getting hang of it. All I can say that it is a good phone. Screen is great. Not sure why 1080p bs is being talked about? The only thing is that the charger is not Canadian compatible it came with UK cause I ordered it from UK lol. It cost me total of C$790 including shipping duties taxes. And it is unlocked. The key board corrections are creepy.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal, JLagoon, bungaboy and 11 others like this.
    10-07-13 05:53 PM
    If there is a thread which has as its topic "negative BlackBerry news" or, perhaps, "I hate BlackBerry and want to whine all day about it", then by all means anyone who forces themselves on that thread with constant posts about cheery and positive BlackBerry news (ignoring that it's often hard to come by), is probably both trolling and rude. They're definitely being off-topic, and likely are very, very annoying to the people who started the thread and want to participate in on-topic (i.e. "BlackBerry sux") types of discussion. Whether they're actually trolling depends on whether they're posting there with the intention of stirring up anger and trying to lead the thread off topic.

I strongly encourage those who are relentlessly posting only negative BB info in here to go and start such a thread, if you can't find an existing one. I promise that none of the regulars from this thread will be as intrusive, objectionable, rude, or trolling as the haters have been in this one.

If by chance rude people do post there frequently, you would be quite correct to call them trolls, and rude, and ask them to leave. I would hope for your sake that they would do so.

I'm amazed it takes a post like this to clarify this for anyone. This should be obvious, but apparently is something that does have to be explained as with basic concepts to a child.
    No need to belittle, plasmid_boy's analogy clearly implies it is rude to disagree with the essence of the thread, and there was no mention of "constantly". If that word was in the original analogy, that would have completely changed the meaning, and of course it would be rude. Your endless diatribe does not recognize this, and is therefore based on the false premise that I somehow don't understand constantly making contrarian posts is rude.

I attribute your response and many others in this thread to symptoms of groupthink: Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an incorrect or deviant decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative ideas or viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences: Groupthink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

One of the symptoms that is prevalent on this thread is: Stereotyping those who are opposed to the group as weak, evil, biased, spiteful, impotent, or stupid.
    This really explains a lot of what is going on here. Now back to stocks, I don�t support BlackBerry and I don�t buy shares, so I guess I cannot participate in this thread because the groupthink mind guard attack dogs will try and drive me out of here.
    10-07-13 06:35 PM
    Congratulations to the Bride and Groom and their Families.
    10-07-13 06:36 PM
    OK gang, typing this from z30. Just getting hang of it. All I can say that it is a good phone. Screen is great. Not sure why 1080p bs is being talked about? The only thing is that the charger is not Canadian compatible it came with UK cause I ordered it from UK lol. It cost me total of C$790 including shipping duties taxes. And it is unlocked. The key board corrections are creepy.

Posted via CB10
    The key board corrections are in Limey
    FIFY. LoL
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    10-07-13 06:39 PM
    No need to belittle, plasmid_boy's analogy clearly implies it is rude to disagree with the essence of the thread, and there was no mention of "constantly". If that word was in the original analogy, that would have completely changed the meaning, and of course it would be rude. Your endless diatribe does not recognize this, and is therefore based on the false premise that I somehow don't understand constantly making contrarian posts is rude.

I attribute your response and many others in this thread to symptoms of groupthink: Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an incorrect or deviant decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative ideas or viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences: Groupthink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

One of the symptoms that is prevalent on this thread is: Stereotyping those who are opposed to the group as weak, evil, biased, spiteful, impotent, or stupid.
    This really explains a lot of what is going on here. Now back to stocks, I don’t support BlackBerry and I don’t buy shares, so I guess I cannot participate in this thread because the groupthink mind guard attack dogs will try and drive me out of here.

Thanks for the contribution...if I had a dollar for every time that group think line got chucked around in here lol. Alas that is not it at all...its caused by a minority looking for a fight, if you have anything to contribute about the stock or in support of it I look forward to hearing your views, if not....
    10-07-13 06:45 PM
    I think Blackberry's patent chest is devalued by cross-licensing deals:
    Motorola and RIM settle patent dispute with a good old cross-licensing deal
    RIM loses in patent cross-licensing dispute with Nokia
    Antitrust Concerns Over the $4.5B Apple-Microsoft-RIM Patent Purchase - Patent Law Blog (Patently-O)

Also despite RIM/Blackberry's foundational portfolio they seems to have lost patent suit after patent suit, so whatever they have may not be that valuable or useful.

K...that's three, what about the other 5,233 (ish) US patents?
    10-07-13 06:48 PM
    Thanks for the contribution...if I had a dollar for every time that group think line got chucked around in here lol. Alas that is not it at all...its caused by a minority looking for a fight, if you have anything to contribute about the stock or in support of it I look forward to hearing your views, if not....
    I think that most of us read enough to be aware of Plato's Cave, one of my favorite stories of all time. But it's good to be reminded periodically.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 06:54 PM
    K...that's three, what about the other 5,233 (ish) US patents?
    Thats not how cross licensing works. Its normally for large or all of the patent libraries of either companies. It Moto and RIM and Nokia and RIM are cross licensed, and Google got those rights with their Moto purchase, and Microsoft got the rights with their Nokia purchase, neither company has any need to purchase Blackberry, and neither can use the patents offensively against each other either.

Add to that that RIM shares their Nortel patent trove with Apple and Microsoft, and that many of their patents are FRAND, then its pretty valid to ask where the value is.
    10-07-13 08:00 PM
    Thats not how cross licensing works. Its normally for large or all of the patent libraries of either companies. It Moto and RIM and Nokia and RIM are cross licensed, and Google got those rights with their Moto purchase, and Microsoft got the rights with their Nokia purchase, neither company has any need to purchase Blackberry, and neither can use the patents offensively against each other either.

Add to that that RIM shares their Nortel patent trove with Apple and Microsoft, and that many of their patents are FRAND, then its pretty valid to ask where the value is.
    Seeing how BlackBerry lost a patent suit to Nokia last year, I would have to go out on a limb and say that not all patents in the portfolios are cross licensed. Since your a writer for a Windows fan site, I thought you might know this.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 08:06 PM

Fair enough...however they still have thousands they hold exclusory from the others. You suggested with broad statements otherwise, was simply playfully bringing back to reality
    10-07-13 08:09 PM
    And a smile for some positive bids:
    10-07-13 08:34 PM
    And a music lesson for the young ones:

Last edited by Shanerredflag; 10-07-13 at 09:04 PM.
    bungaboy, jxnb, OMGitworks and 1 others like this.
    10-07-13 08:50 PM
113,250 ... 20862087208820892090 ...