View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    wrong, first it is not 17B.

Then you need understand the context of google buying. At that time, google really did not have many patents on mobile tech and they want at least try Apple's path. Now they already have the patents and hardware, bbry is not a must for them. Even for security, many Andriod phones already get certified by DOH and others.
    I think the same can be said for the Nokia/Microsoft deal. You have to look at the context and situation before discussing the value. Microsoft needed to make sure that arguably its strongest WP8 OEM stayed with WP8.
    rodan01 likes this.
    10-07-13 10:03 AM
    These guys seems sketchy to me. In addition to BBRY they are also doing the same thing with J.C. Penny and Bioscript. Appears to be their way of making money is by taking advantage of pissed off shareholders. These law suits usually don't go anywhere.
    I wonder if law suit would have an effect on the sale in terms of court delaying voting for few weeks. I wanna fire the management and keep the company for shareholders.
    Robert Halloran and bungaboy like this.
    10-07-13 10:07 AM
    wrong, first it is not 17B.

Then you need understand the context of google buying. At that time, google really did not have many patents on mobile tech and they want at least try Apple's path. Now they already have the patents and hardware, bbry is not a must for them. Even for security, many Andriod phones already get certified by DOH and others.
    True, thanks. I just looked it up again, not $17Billion it was $12.5 Billion? Still doesn't change the conclusion.

Google might not need the patents that badly now, but what about other companies. Unlikely, but Samsung for example, it would have patents, new OS of its own, enterprise, built-in niche, etc. Worth much more than Motorola did.
    Randeman, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-07-13 10:09 AM
    Why the heck is the SP only 8 and not at least $9. I still don't understand why nobody believes in the PW offer and/or that other companies are coming in to bid.
    it happens, esp when there are rumors the bid will fail. it happened with Grand Cache GCE-T, traded at a big discount after the bid was placed, even traded at a bigger discount to the buyout before the bid was placed. you never know what is going on, but you can't assume there is a discount so the deal will fail.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-07-13 10:09 AM
    I wonder if law suit would have an effect on the sale in terms of court delaying voting for few weeks. I wanna fire the management and keep the company for shareholders.
    LOL...
    There might be enough shareholders on this thread with the experience needed to run the company.
    10-07-13 10:12 AM
    These guys seems sketchy to me. In addition to BBRY they are also doing the same thing with J.C. Penny and Bioscript. Appears to be their way of making money is by taking advantage of pissed off shareholders. These law suits usually don't go anywhere.
    plasmid_boy!!

They are simply fishing for clients at this stage, the single dude suing BlackBerry is there to advertise. These promotions get shot down all the time. It costs $ 150 to submit a claim in court when there are no specific damages involved. Soliciting for clients is done all the time and not something to worry about.

Heins was talking up their products just like anyone would do, the difference was in the approach of the media and analysts who were stating that BlackBerry couldn't launch BB 10 before spending all of their capital. They not only delivered on a fantastic product, they grew cash! No one can fault them on promoting a product like BB 10, they couldn't shake the media or the Hedge Funds shorting the stock, it was too much for them to deal with at the time. Now they are open to partnerships and "possibly selling the company". The media thinks they are selling the company, who do you believe?

Today is the first day, prior to the pre-announcement of Q2, that we are gapped above the 3-ema. If we stay above the 3-ema we are bullish. We are trading on technicals until we get an offer for the company or an announced deal to partner. When a formal offer comes in, we will go higher here. We can't trade at a "proposed $ 9.00/shr" until it is a firm offer. In the interim, someone could come along and offer $ 11.00/shr and not need financing. Then you will see the stock track the offer. Until then, we are waiting for Prem and others to get off the pot.

With all of this said, we still need to vote for or against the offer so this will play out over many weeks. We should see BBM-X and BB 10.2 launch long before anything is settled here. Remember, through-out all of this, Heins has a stock option price of $ 9.69/shr and is as greedy as the next CEO. LOL
    10-07-13 10:21 AM
    LOL...
    There might be enough shareholders on this thread with the experience needed to run the company.
    Lol, put me in for the after hours shift.
    10-07-13 10:21 AM
    Google might not need the patents that badly now, but what about other companies. Unlikely, but Samsung for example, it would have patents, new OS of its own, enterprise, built-in niche, etc. Worth much more than Motorola did.
    Samsung is my favourite pic to buy everything or at the very least, license. They need the patents badly having lost a case to Apple for $ 1.4 Billion, initially in California, they paid much less, but when you add up all of their lawsuits in Europe and NA, they could buy BBRY for nothing. They could also use the leveraging power of owning BB 10.2. Then there is land, engineers, QNX and cash, there are just too many sweeteners for Samsung to pass up.
    10-07-13 10:25 AM
    Morgan, sorry, most of my morning comments are for tractors not sports cars. We can handle yard work, you save your self for the actual race.
    I better finish my Breakfast. LoL.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and _dimi_ like this.
    10-07-13 10:29 AM
    it happens, esp when there are rumors the bid will fail. it happened with Grand Cache GCE-T, traded at a big discount after the bid was placed, even traded at a bigger discount to the buyout before the bid was placed. you never know what is going on, but you can't assume there is a discount so the deal will fail.
    I am just surprised the Arbs haven't stepped in and that PW is met with such skepticism. If Warren Buffet made and offer and then came out and said he was going to get the deal done and not at a lower price as PW has said, it would be trading at $9. It just seems odd to me. I worries me too, but not so much as I don't hold BBRY any longer.
    10-07-13 10:33 AM
    Are you itching to jump back in?
    Remember that Google paid $17 Billion for Motorola, for what? Patents and manufacturing.
    Blackberry has so much more to offer than Motorola did.
    I can't.... In HALO with my fun money and I am really concerned the SP is at 8 and not 9 with PW and all the other news. One announcement could pop it, but I am shocked the PW comments or the potential other bidder news really hasn't done so.
    10-07-13 10:35 AM
    Lol, put me in for the after hours shift.
    OK. Lets get some plans in place then.
    Changing the device image:
    Pay designers and people to get handset names The Gucci (Sexy phone for sexy ladies), The Porsche (Pocket Rocket), The Warren Buffett (The money maker), The Albert Einstein (The Smartest Phone), etc.
    Each have their own different touches and endorsements. Which woman wouldn't want a phone matching her hand bag?
    Which guy doesn't want to hold a Porsche in his hand? Which trader doesn't want to be Warren Buffet. Which student doesn't want to be Einstein.

So, what do ya think?
    Slow day, just some distractions....
    10-07-13 10:39 AM
    OK. Lets get some plans in place then.
    Changing the device image:
    Pay designers and people to get handset names The Gucci (Sexy phone for sexy ladies), The Porsche (Pocket Rocket), The Warren Buffett (The money maker), The Albert Einstein (The Smartest Phone), etc.
    Each have their own different touches and endorsements. Which woman wouldn't want a phone matching her hand bag?
    Which guy doesn't want to hold a Porsche in his hand? Which trader doesn't want to be Warren Buffet. Which student doesn't want to be Einstein.

So, what do ya think?
    Jordon, Kobe, james for basketball fans etc. basically the nike concept.
    10-07-13 10:45 AM
    Are you itching to jump back in?
    Remember that Google paid $17 Billion for Motorola, for what? Patents and manufacturing.
    Blackberry has so much more to offer than Motorola did.
    Google paid $12.5 Billion for Motorola, but after sold Motorola Home for $2.35 Billion
    Google must buy Blackberry, because google need a lot of patents to defend android. Blackberry is better chance to Google, its one of the last step (late Google can buy HTC, HTC now cost $3.6 Billion ) . Google know, that samsung now is number 1 android device manufacturer and only samsung has profit for this.
    10-07-13 11:09 AM
    Why the heck is the SP only 8 and not at least $9. I still don't understand why nobody believes in the PW offer and/or that other companies are coming in to bid.
    It would be because PW can not get the funds or he no longer wants to do so. I do not think that PW is a factor anymore.
    10-07-13 11:10 AM
    OK. Lets get some plans

So, what do ya think?
    If it is too slow and boring then, lets pick some fights with the Trolls here? We can create a "fight thread" All are welcome. LoL
    4...3...2..1 and action.
    Prem's credit card got declined at Tim Hortons, didnt make his payment. Hence he cant buy blackberry at the safeway. LoL.
    The above comment is for people who claim to know what Prem, google etc. thinking.
    10-07-13 11:14 AM
    Not sure if it was posted: Pearlstein v Blackberry

The claim has the summary of the statements by BBRY and Heins they intend to rely on. At issue really is whether they could be properly deemed and qualified as "foward-looking statement." Usually, the defence is the statements are "sheltered" because: the statement are accompanied by meaningful cautionary statements, the statements are immaterial, or the plaintiff can't prove that the statements were made with actual knowledge they were misleading. These is a hard test for the plaintiff to overcome.

I still think that, legally speaking, the big issue is whether any competing bids will materialize, and whether BBRY has a study on what it can sell itself it if wound-up.

No sense for a Cerberus type outfit to chop it up and get all the upside, rather than a BBRY-appointed process. If it comes to that, any shareholders are probably best served by an Ontario action under the "opression remedy" where a court can mandate that the company is either wound-up (presumably getting a bigger value for the shareholders) or any minority shareholders are bought out at a higher price. For an oppression remedy, wrongdoing by the board or the company, or knowledge of wrongdoing is not necessary.
    sidhuk and peter9477 like this.
    10-07-13 11:32 AM
    I think the same can be said for the Nokia/Microsoft deal. You have to look at the context and situation before discussing the value. Microsoft needed to make sure that arguably its strongest WP8 OEM stayed with WP8.
    Yes, because NOK was planning to move on to Andriod too, though NOK would still fail on Andriod, however,

MS had no choice but to pay a heavy premium, otherwise MS is 100% done on mobile world.
    10-07-13 11:34 AM

So, what do ya think?
    Here's something to distract you:

The BlackBerry Z10 is said to be the most popular selling smartphone across the UAE which includes sales taking place at GITEX Shopper and across leading retail stores at various malls in Dubai. Some GITEX Shopper stores are selling the Z10 for as low as 1,000 U.A.E. dirhams ($272).

Discounted BlackBerry Z10 registering highest sales across the UAE
    10-07-13 11:38 AM
    Here's something to distract you:

The BlackBerry Z10 is said to be the most popular selling smartphone across the UAE which includes sales taking place at GITEX Shopper and across leading retail stores at various malls in Dubai. Some GITEX Shopper stores are selling the Z10 for as low as 1,000 U.A.E. dirhams ($272).

Discounted BlackBerry Z10 registering highest sales across the UAE
    My Z30 should be delivered today according to UPS. shipped from UK on the 3rd. I am glad I ordered it cause Rogers is not carrying it.
    10-07-13 11:44 AM
    I really dont think you can annualize current handset revenue. Not when it is set to to hit $0 in 6 quarters, and thats conservative.

There are a lot of negative feedback loops kicking in already:
    • Lower volume means higher component costs which means more expensive handsets.
    • More expensive handsets means lower volume of sales.
    • Lower volume of sales means less developer interest, less mind share and less carrier support.
    • Lower sales means lower volume means higher component costs which means more expensive handsets.

Its basically a death spiral.
    True, but you are not looking at the big picture. They don't want to focus on handsets.
    Komoto likes this.
    10-07-13 12:03 PM
    Could they not have 2 teams working on it? One ensuring the servers are ready to deal with the 'bad' leaked version, the other team focusing on improving the 'good' version? They don't necessarily need to release the newest Beta version if it's true that they're adjusting their servers, I think/hope.

Posted via CB10
    I'm really curious to see the data flow numbers for who/where/when and how the flood of downloads or use crashed the BlackBerry servers.
    I just want to rule out any possibility of shenanigans.

ALL HAIL! We need a chart!
    Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    10-07-13 12:11 PM
    I like. How much?

My Z30 should be delivered today according to UPS. shipped from UK on the 3rd. I am glad I ordered it cause Rogers is not carrying it.
    10-07-13 12:15 PM
    Yeah I am thinking of getting a Z30, let me know what you think of it.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-07-13 12:18 PM
    Not sure if it was posted: Pearlstein v Blackberry....
    Thanks Danbrown.

The name says it all. Who wants to bet that this clown owns Apple stock?
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 10-07-13 at 02:59 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-07-13 12:18 PM
113,256 ... 20852086208720882089 ...