View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If BlackBerry can get xbbm out within next 2 weeks that alone worth $1-2 . Nothing wrong with bbm.
    It is on hold either due to monetary reason (bid+sp price) OR poor infrastructure capacity planning on NOC Side that could not keep up with extra load. It is very easy to block non-cerified or buggy version of software, just by having access control setup that can take no more than a day to set that up.
    If msft, Google seriously looking at BlackBerry than bbm4all must out now to show the value.

Posted via CB10
    They just relaunched the beta for Android a couple days ago. I think they weren't prepared for the influx of requests and the servers choked up.

I have to disagree with the value that you assign to BBM. I feel it is further than 2 weeks from launch. It has basically lost all momentum now, which was pretty good leading up to the launch weekend. As well, now BBM is another BlackBerry failure in the eyes of people (hate to say this). The one golden product they had and they failed to deliver it on time and in a working state, again.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 05:20 PM
    They just relaunched the beta for Android a couple days ago. I think they weren't prepared for the influx of requests and the servers choked up.

I have to disagree with the value that you assign to BBM. I feel it is further than 2 weeks from launch. It has basically lost all momentum now, which was pretty good leading up to the launch weekend. As well, now BBM is another BlackBerry failure in the eyes of people (hate to say this). The one golden product they had and they failed to deliver it on time and in a working state, again.

Posted via CB10
    Could they not have 2 teams working on it? One ensuring the servers are ready to deal with the 'bad' leaked version, the other team focusing on improving the 'good' version? They don't necessarily need to release the newest Beta version if it's true that they're adjusting their servers, I think/hope.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman likes this.
    10-06-13 05:27 PM
    I wouldn't worry too much about momentum. Once BBM-X is launched (successfully) word will get out. One condition though, the user experience has to be better than Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-06-13 05:35 PM
    If BlackBerry can get xbbm out within next 2 weeks that alone worth $1-2 . Nothing wrong with bbm.
    It is on hold either due to monetary reason (bid+sp price) OR poor infrastructure capacity planning on NOC Side that could not keep up with extra load. It is very easy to block non-cerified or buggy version of software, just by having access control setup that can take no more than a day to set that up.
    If msft, Google seriously looking at BlackBerry than bbm4all must out now to show the value.

Posted via CB10
    You really think BBM, a free product at this point is worth 500M-1BILLION dollars? That seems like a hug leap of faith at this point.

Hopefully Monday brings good news on a new takeover bid, but I don't think it will have anythign to do with BBM and I'd be shocked if the launch of BBM moves the share price very much at all. In fact the last launch of BBM is still hurting, not helping the stock.
    10-06-13 06:04 PM
    You really think BBM, a free product at this point is worth 500M-1BILLION dollars? That seems like a hug leap of faith at this point.

Hopefully Monday brings good news on a new takeover bid, but I don't think it will have anythign to do with BBM and I'd be shocked if the launch of BBM moves the share price very much at all. In fact the last launch of BBM is still hurting, not helping the stock.
    you should just ignore such fanboy post. Just like some fans were pumping QNX.

For companies like Google/Samsung, the only values come from Cash/patents/secure network service. BES server could worth about $500M based on its revenue.
    10-06-13 08:18 PM
    Let us be clear about one thing...the inability to launch BBM for Android and iOS is humiliating to Blackberry. A former co-op student has a messenger app that has more users than BBM yet these monkeys can not do what thousands of other developers can do...get an app on Android on iOS.

I am optimistic for tomorrow morning, but no thanks to the dullards who cannot get this app out.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-06-13 08:38 PM
    I am sure negative headlines already done. Just matter of posting them as soon as shorts started hurting. Tomorrow will be interesting. If one of the bidder confirms talks or Pw confirms financing then shorts may cover some for now.
    In terms of bbm not making money. It does not have to. A reminder to some of you that many companies have not made a dollar worth toy yet but all they had millions of users. What'sup was quoted 1 billion recently. It is all about number of users.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 08:52 PM
    Jerry Jones is worth billions as owner of Cowboys but he still uses a flip phone. Watsa should call him to join his consortium or Jones and Mark Cuban could take a shot at purchasing BlackBerry:

Jerry Jones Still Uses A Flip Phone | ThePostGame
    Randeman likes this.
    10-06-13 09:04 PM
    According to Veritas Investment Research, BlackBerry close to liquidation value:

BlackBerry falls near liquidation value, says report - The Globe and Mail

In other words it's cheap! But Veritas only places 75% chance of Fairfax offer succeeding. With news of SAP, GOOG, and CSCO looking at BlackBerry, hopefully rival bid will make Fairfax bid irrelevant.
    Randeman and anon(4086547) like this.
    10-06-13 09:11 PM
    Looking forward to this week. If there is any truth to the big buyers story we should see some heavy volume days. I have found this stock one of the most volatile stocks I have ever owned and I have owned quite a few. Time for the ride up.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 09:15 PM
    I am sure negative headlines already done. Just matter of posting them as soon as shorts started hurting. Tomorrow will be interesting. If one of the bidder confirms talks or Pw confirms financing then shorts may cover some for now.
    In terms of bbm not making money. It does not have to. A reminder to some of you that many companies have not made a dollar worth toy yet but all they had millions of users. What'sup was quoted 1 billion recently. It is all about number of users.

Posted via CB10
    Given where BBRY is BBM ABSOLUTELY has to make money. How would you assign it a 500M-1B value you talk about. It's about trajectory. The market cares about the future, not the past. At the moment, and that can all change, those other companies are supposedly headed upwards and growing and BBRY is not. I don't understand how you can say the launch of xBBM without making money is worth a billion dollars. It is just not realistic. Many of the shorts likely have some breathing room with the stock trading where it is.PW confirming he has the money gts you a buck, hardly a short squeeze there. I hope BBRY rises, but its not going to be BBM, they blew that with the first launch and letting iOS7 and the new iphones out. Those folks are never switching to BBM.
    leafs123 likes this.
    10-06-13 09:22 PM
    Interesting read from a ex MSFT executive :
    http://blog.learningbyshipping.com/2...oulda-shoulda/

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Randeman and sparkaction like this.
    10-06-13 09:43 PM
    This makes me think Samsung almost has no choice but to buy BB if it wants to compete with Apple and Google. It also suggest that Google and MSFT must stop any tech giant from buying BB if they want to compete with apple, samsung in next 5 years. THis is last big chance to get OS, patents, real state, Car OS QNX to gain car market share.
    Sometime you just buy it to kill the competition or affect the competition.
    Interesting

Why Samsung should buy BlackBerry (please!)
    Randeman likes this.
    10-06-13 11:24 PM
    Given where BBRY is BBM ABSOLUTELY has to make money. How would you assign it a 500M-1B value you talk about. It's about trajectory. The market cares about the future, not the past. At the moment, and that can all change, those other companies are supposedly headed upwards and growing and BBRY is not. I don't understand how you can say the launch of xBBM without making money is worth a billion dollars. It is just not realistic. Many of the shorts likely have some breathing room with the stock trading where it is.PW confirming he has the money gts you a buck, hardly a short squeeze there. I hope BBRY rises, but its not going to be BBM, they blew that with the first launch and letting iOS7 and the new iphones out. Those folks are never switching to BBM.
    Just like Twitter, Skype few years, yahoo, Whatsapp, instagram who did not make money...just having # of users and good product is worth
    silversun10, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-06-13 11:28 PM
    Man o man, rumours are heating up... I am so tempted to jump in again... The thing is, how possible is it for a foreign company to take ownership... Are these bids from Google and SAP just for parts or the whole?

I can see SAP going for BB as they are big supporters of the company.
    10-06-13 11:33 PM
    Veritas needs to get off the crack.

According to Veritas Investment Research, BlackBerry close to liquidation value:

BlackBerry falls near liquidation value, says report - The Globe and Mail

In other words it's cheap! But Veritas only places 75% chance of Fairfax offer succeeding. With news of SAP, GOOG, and CSCO looking at BlackBerry, hopefully rival bid will make Fairfax bid irrelevant.
    Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    10-07-13 01:19 AM
    Oh, you know more than Prem. Ok then.
    Watch and learn.
    10-07-13 04:10 AM
    Just like Twitter, Skype few years, yahoo, Whatsapp, instagram who did not make money...just having # of users and good product is worth
    Again, all those companies are growing leaps and bounds, BBRY is shrinking. BIG difference. Not to worry, 1 offer from Google or CIsco could make all of this irrelevant. GLTA today, the rumors are on the CNBC ticker this am......
    10-07-13 05:45 AM
    The thing is, how possible is it for a foreign company to take ownership... Are these bids from Google and SAP just for parts or the whole?
    I don't think "parts or whole" necessarily matters, as it would still be reviewed by the government before any foreign takeover could be approved. That, I think, is the only real reason the SP is still in the basement.
    10-07-13 06:34 AM
    Up 5% in PM...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 07:01 AM
    C
    Watch and learn.
    Cute, that is why you are here
    10-07-13 07:07 AM
    10-07-13 07:08 AM
    I don't think "parts or whole" necessarily matters, as it would still be reviewed by the government before any foreign takeover could be approved. That, I think, is the only real reason the SP is still in the basement.
    Petronas from Malaysia just made a 36 bln investment in Canada, so not all foreign investment is banned
    10-07-13 07:12 AM
    And Samsung has made a statement they ARE NOT interested in BlackBerry...

Gamesmanship?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and sidhuk like this.
    10-07-13 07:14 AM
    Worth mentioning...Jeffries said they were.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 07:15 AM
113,256 ... 20832084208520862087 ...