View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I said "dead" as a joke. These analysts are good for nothing.
    *insert I can't tell if you're serious meme here* lol

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-05-13 10:41 AM
    Giggedi

http://www.twitter.com/NadiaSpeaks

Posted via CB10
    Wow, looking at her spicy profile picture, i agreed that her source is solid. LoL
    _dimi_, Randeman, cjmartin and 1 others like this.
    10-05-13 11:04 AM
    1). Stock Price takes off.
    That's it for me. Don't care if BB10 lives or dies. Frankly I feel like it deserves to go based on how shamefully BB has acted in the past year.
    10-05-13 11:06 AM
    Sunset,

So you do care?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-05-13 11:15 AM
    Whoever going to buy BBRY, bb phone will be gone.

Actually only if Google buys it, the phone business may be kept for several years.
    10-05-13 11:24 AM
    Why you say that Fin. Did you speak to all the potential buyers?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-05-13 11:28 AM
    To live in interesting times... is a Chinese curse.

Sidhuk is correct I believe. Someone is using the big names for pops and drops.

The same reporter, Nadia Damouni, came out with the news of how BlackBerry was considering going private back in August.

Hopefully her source is consistent when it comes to being reliable.

Concerning the share price, I'm sure PW is ready to step in if needed Interesting times..

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:37 AM
    To live in interesting times... is a Chinese curse.

Sidhuk is correct I believe. Someone is using the big names for pops and drops.
    "Google, Intel, Cisco, LG and SAP declined to comment. Samsung was not immediately available for comment."

They could have said there's no interest in BlackBerry, like Samsung once stated.

We'll know soon enough, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:49 AM
    10-05-13 11:51 AM
    Why you say that Fin. Did you speak to all the potential buyers?

Posted via CB10
    common sense. You think Cisco/SAP/IBM/Intel/ could compete in the consumer market? then you really have no idea what those company are really doing? I live in bay area and work in the industry. So why would they buy BBRY as a whole? Why would they want a BB10 OS? for what? You think IBM buying BBRY would make BB phone popular in consumer or enterprise market again? The BYOD trend is just unstoppable.

and personally I do not think LG has the money to buy BBRY(their quarterly profit is only 140M for all the stuff like TV, washing machine and everything).

Only Google/Samsung has the money, the synergy to fit a BBRY takeover. Obviously a PE firm LBO of BBRY does not solve any current problem BBRY faces at all, even Microsoft could not solve it.

Only Google/Samsung has the scale/money/synergy to fit BBRY, but still driving seat is on Google/Samsung. BBRY has no choice.

If I was Googel CEO, I would buy BBRY and could potentially make lots of money from BBRY's subscriber mode. You do not need all pay a subscriber fee, you just need even a small part of enterprise users to pay a subscribe fee for their Andriod phones, the number is just too big for Andriod users right now.
    cjmartin likes this.
    10-05-13 11:55 AM
    I agree with the investigation. I state before of Watsa's actions:

Insider resigns > Strategic Alternatives > Pre-Announcement > LOI

On top of all this, Watsa headed the committee to provide Heins with a lucrative golden parachute.

All of this reeks of racketeering.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark
    -- Marcellus in Hamlet

10-05-13 12:01 PM
    common sense. You think Cisco/SAP/IBM/Intel/ could compete in the consumer market? then you really have no idea what those company are really doing? I live in bay area and work in the industry. So why would they buy BBRY as a whole? Why would they want a BB10 OS? for what? You think IBM buying BBRY would make BB phone popular in consumer or enterprise market again? The BYOD trend is just unstoppable.

and personally I do not think LG has the money to buy BBRY(their quarterly profit is only 140M for all the stuff like TV, washing machine and everything).

Only Google/Samsung has the money, the synergy to fit a BBRY takeover. Obviously a PE firm LBO of BBRY does not solve any current problem BBRY faces at all, even Microsoft could not solve it.

Only Google/Samsung has the scale/money/synergy to fit BBRY, but still driving seat is on Google/Samsung. BBRY has no choice.

If I was Googel CEO, I would buy BBRY and could potentially make lots of money from BBRY's subscriber mode. You do not need all pay a subscriber fee, you just need even a small part of enterprise users to pay a subscribe fee for their Andriod phones, the number is just too big for Andriod users right now.
    Oh so you are just speculating, thought you knew something that I didn't. Thanks for clarifying that.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:05 PM
    Oh so you are just speculating, thought you knew something that I didn't. Thanks for clarifying that.

Posted via CB10
    yes, I am not sure whether Google would really buy or even interested in BBRY, but I feel it only makes sense for a Google/Samsung takeover here.

All other name mentioned here would NOT pay any premium for BBRY, they could still buy BBRY, but just like Fairfax, take over BBRY at a dirty cheap price like $9. They have no way to grow BBRY business(even MSFT could not), just like any other PE firms.
    10-05-13 12:12 PM
    Hi Morgan; what are your thoughts on the lawsuit from the guy in New York, and this investigation?
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-05-13 12:29 PM
    Hi Morgan; what are your thoughts on the lawsuit from the guy in New York, and this investigation?
    Hi JLagoon!!

Plenty of speculation going on this weekend! I believe we are still a week away from knowing anything that will move the stock here but we are getting close. As for the lawsuit, nothing there as far as I'm concerned, the period in question is Sept/2012 to Sept/2013 where we saw the stock put in a bottom and rally to $ 18.00/shr. This sort of rally is typical of a complete overhaul of an OS and product line. When sales weren't as high as analysts hoped for, the stock came tumbling down. Make that, as high s Hedge Funds feared, it then came tumbling down. I believe this is a law firm fishing for prospective clients at this stage. There is nothing detailed in the lawsuit, just a public notice to see if there is any interest in a claim. It cost next to nothing, about $ 150 to take a case before the courts to see if there is any interest and this was expected for me. I'm not interested in suing anybody at BlackBerry so far, what did they do wrong to merit a lawsuit, I'm not seeing it. I have my opinion of how they could have done things better and it mainly stems from the fact that they managed cash extremely well but not their inventory. The end product is excellent and we are finally seeing BB 10.2 officially out there and performing well. The lawsuit that I would propose, is one that is guided towards the Hedge Funds and Heins exit package, those two items don't sit well for me.

Other than that, we hear that several companies are looking at BlackBerry now and that's no surprise. As vague as the article is, anyone could have predicted this would happen in the days ahead. The media will run with the lawsuit news and dismiss the take over interest as usual. All you need to know is that Prem will likely give up his shares for $ 17.00/ea. That's the target that will work for MSFT and others, pay the large shareholders what they need to move on. You do this by purchasing cheap shares today and offering $ 17.00/shr for those you don't already own.

The eventual lawsuit will take years to play out, they have one person and no real challenge outlined in their fishing document so I would see it will die off like the last challenge did. You know my take, the Q2 numbers weren't that bad, BB has a ton of cash and much more coming to them in Tax Refunds and Research Grants, they hopefully have the company right-sized to turn a profit and BB 10.2 is bug free and out there. We need BBM-X and some interest in BlackBerry's assets and you have yourself a rally. Hopefully we'll hear from others this coming week.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 10-05-13 at 01:06 PM.
    sidhuk, _dimi_, Randeman and 13 others like this.
    10-05-13 12:52 PM
    yes, I am not sure whether Google would really buy or even interested in BBRY, but I feel it only makes sense for a Google/Samsung takeover here.

All other name mentioned here would NOT pay any premium for BBRY, they could still buy BBRY, but just like Fairfax, take over BBRY at a dirty cheap price like $9. They have no way to grow BBRY business(even MSFT could not), just like any other PE firms.
    All Google is interested in is the servers with the message services. Blackberry services would not be the same. Fairfax is not going to be able to find the funds, the bid will be much lower. I do not think we will see another bid where the bidder wants the whole company.
    10-05-13 12:54 PM
    All Google is interested in is the servers with the message services. Blackberry services would not be the same. Fairfax is not going to be able to find the funds, the bid will be much lower. I do not think we will see another bid where the bidder wants the whole company.
    hehe, it seems you are shorting BBRY so much or you just hate BBRY the company so much.

Nothing is impossible in stock market, many years ago people said AT&T wireless(not today's att wireless, was traded at 6.xx) would be taken over by $10, in the end, it was taken over by $15. Another company was traded at $10 3 years ago, but the bid from HQ and DELL made the final offer price at $26, an insane 160% premium LOL in 2 months.

As long as google is interested in some part of BBRY, then there is hope. Obviously BBRY would not just sell its patent or security network to Google(otherwise how the left works out for BBRY)?

As I said, all google need to do is to develop BBRY's subscribe mode for premium service, and get $1B revenue per quarter, that is not a hard task at all, even BBRY made it before when not so many enterprises were using smartphone at that time. 4Billions subscriber revenue would make a killer for Google.

Do not hate or love a stock, it is not good for your trading.

LOL
    Last edited by fin2007; 10-05-13 at 01:23 PM.
    Randeman likes this.
    10-05-13 01:08 PM
    Hi JLagoon!!

Plenty of speculation going on this weekend! I believe we are still a week away from knowing anything that will move the stock here but we are getting close. As for the lawsuit, nothing there as far as I'm concerned, the period in question is Sept/2012 to Sept/2013 where we saw the stock put in a bottom and rally to $ 18.00/shr. This sort of rally is typical of a complete overhaul of an OS and product line. When sales weren't as high as analysts hoped for, the stock came tumbling down. Make that, as high s Hedge Funds feared, it then came tumbling down. I believe this is a law firm fishing for perspective clients at this stage. There is nothing detailed in the lawsuit, just a public notice to see if there is any interest in a claim. It cost next to nothing, about $ 150 to take a case before the courts to see if there is any interest and this was expected for me. I'm not interested in suing anybody at BlackBerry so far, what did they do wrong to merit a lawsuit, I'm not seeing it. I have my opinion of how they could have done things better and it mainly stems from the fact that they managed cash extremely well but not their inventory. The end product is excellent and we are finally seeing BB 10.2 officially out there and performing well. The lawsuit that I would propose, is one that guided towards the Hedge Funds and Heins exit package, those two items don't sit well for me.

Other than that, we hear that several companies are looking at BlackBerry now and that's no surprise. As vague as the article is, anyone could have predicted this would happen in the days ahead. The media will run with the lawsuit news and dismiss the take over interest as usual. All you need to know is that Prem will likely give up his shares for $ 17.00/ea. That's the target that will work for MSFT and others, pay the large shareholders what they need to move on. You do this by purchasing cheap shares today and offering $ 17.00/shr for those you don't already own.

The eventual lawsuit will take years to play out, they have one person and no real challenge outlined in their fishing document so I would see it will die off like the last challenge did. You know my take, the Q2 numbers weren't that bad, BB has a ton of cash and much more coming to them in Tax Refunds and Research Grants, they hopefully have the company right-sized to turn a profit and BB 10.2 is bug free and out there. We need BBM-X and some interest in BlackBerry's assets and you have yourself a rally. Hopefully we hear from others this coming week.
    Interesting thing is that they pretty much get all that write down money back with with the tax refund and the r&d grant. 500 mill for the tax refund and I think the grant amount last year was 450mill? I wonder if this was the reason to go ahead and write down the inventory instead of trying to sell as much during the holiday season. Writing it down early seems like a way to help prem out.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and anon(4086547) like this.
    10-05-13 01:08 PM
    Oh, you know more than Prem. Ok then.
    10-05-13 01:59 PM
    Sunset,

So you do care?

Posted via CB10
    I care about getting my money back, yes!
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    10-05-13 01:59 PM
    Oh, you know more than Prem. Ok then.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

Argument from authority. This fallacy is further undermined when the authority has been proven to be wrong on the subject at hand. To wit, Prem is responsible for Fairfax buying and eventually owning 10% one of the worst performing, spectacularly falling , and troubled companies in recent times.
    10-05-13 02:24 PM
    Interesting thing is that they pretty much get all that write down money back with with the tax refund and the r&d grant. 500 mill for the tax refund and I think the grant amount last year was 450mill? I wonder if this was the reason to go ahead and write down the inventory instead of trying to sell as much during the holiday season. Writing it down early seems like a way to help prem out.

Posted via CB10
    You, my friend, have it figured out! Here are some numbers for both you, and Prem to ponder, they have $ 2.6 billion in cash, they will receive $ 280 million for R&D from the Canadian Government (thanks taxpayers), they will get $ 500 million in refunds from prior years, they will reduce marketing from $ 700 million to $ 350 million as part of the downsizing or enterprise program shift, when the dust clears, they will pay $ 300 million to lose 4,500 employees and have free phones running BB 10.2 on all of them. The final total for cash is $ 2.6 billion plus $ 830 million over the next 12 months. The cash hoard is about 3.4 billion for BB and they are now NOT losing money! The purchase to Prem is $ 9.00/shr x the shares he doesn't already have so he is financing $ 4.24 billion and the company provides him with $ 3.4 billion in cash, a take over of only $ 840 million. No wonder he wants to finance it and end up with 30% ownership without spending a dime more of his money. There will be a line-up to do a deal with BlackBerry based upon those metrics alone. He could license all of their patents to Samsung for $ 2.0 billion over 10 years, although I think they are worth much more than NOK's were, he is then holding a great company for nothing.

No one talks about these great gains in cash nor do they talk about how BlackBerry's Q3 could/will look like. Then there's BBM-X ...............
    abouthsu, Jahcure, sidhuk and 13 others like this.
    10-05-13 03:05 PM
    You, my friend, have it figured out! Here are some numbers for both you, and Prem to ponder, they have $ 2.6 billion in cash, they will receive $ 280 million for R&D from the Canadian Government (thanks taxpayers), they will get $ 500 million in refunds from prior years, they will reduce marketing from $ 700 million to $ 350 million as part of the downsizing or enterprise program shift, when the dust clears, they will pay $ 300 million to lose 4,500 employees and have free phones running BB 10.2 on all of them. The final total for cash is $ 2.6 billion plus $ 830 million over the next 12 months. The cash hoard is about 3.4 billion for BB and they are now NOT losing money! The purchase to Prem is $ 9.00/shr x the shares he doesn't already have so he is financing $ 4.24 billion and the company provides him with $ 3.4 billion in cash, a take over of only $ 840 million. No wonder he wants to finance it and end up with 30% ownership without spending a dime more of his money. There will be a line-up to do a deal with BlackBerry based upon those metrics alone. He could license all of their patents to Samsung for $ 2.0 billion over 10 years, although I think they are worth much more than NOK's were, he is then holding a great company for nothing.

No one talks about these great gains in cash nor do they talk about how BlackBerry's Q3 could/will look like. Then there's BBM-X ...............
    articulated Legalized robbery.
    10-05-13 03:31 PM

You need to be interviewed with CNBC and BNN, Morgan!
    10-05-13 03:35 PM
    LoL, The current President and Ceo of Rogers Alan D. Horn is a member of the board at Fairfax financial?
    it gets better and better.
    http://www.fairfax.ca/Corporate/boar...s/default.aspx
    10-05-13 03:36 PM
113,250 ... 20812082208320842085 ...