View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    http://bgr.com/2013/10/04/samsung-to...e-in-best-buy/
    Samsung may be in talks to BestBuys. It makes sense when apple has their own stores. Things are heating up for "dead" companies.
    10-05-13 08:49 AM
    Samsung to acquire stake in Best Buy in order to ‘increase exposure’ | BGR
    Samsung may be in talks to BestBuys. It makes sense when apple has their own stores. Things are heating up for "dead" companies.
    But I thought we'd established that any company which fails to be the best in its industry has no intrinsic value and should simply be shut down and abandoned. I'm pretty sure that was the premise of many of the posts in this thread.
    10-05-13 08:58 AM
    Samsung to acquire stake in Best Buy in order to ‘increase exposure’ | BGR
    Best Buy has rebounded nicely since the beginning of the year. I wouldn't call them exactly dead. Stock has gone from $11 to $38.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-05-13 09:13 AM
    10-05-13 09:18 AM
    Best Buy has rebounded nicely since the beginning of the year. I wouldn't call them exactly dead. Stock has gone from $11 to $38.
    I said "dead" as a joke. These analysts are good for nothing.
    10-05-13 09:21 AM
    Speaking of Best Buy, if y'all remember, a year or two ago, how many articles there were that Best Buy was about to go out of business? They leaned down and weathered the storms, and by their stock price now, I'd say they haven't done bad.
    10-05-13 09:21 AM
    Gotta count how many are in that lineup. First 200 also get a free Z10, plus a date with Alicia Keys (or a free download)

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-05-13 09:33 AM
    Gotta count how many are in that lineup. First 200 also get a free Z10, plus a date with Alicia Keys (or a free download)

Posted via CB10
    First hundred z10 free, next hundred 50% off if the buy z30 at full price. I am kind of cautions after seeing lineups for q10 at selfridge and very little to show for over all sales.
    10-05-13 09:41 AM
    Best Buy is practically the last man standing in brick & mortar consumer electronics. The ones that didn't make it were the likes of CompUSA, Circuit City, etc. Even during the down years, Best Buy still had 20% of the retail consumer electronics market.
    10-05-13 09:46 AM
    First hundred z10 free, next hundred 50% off if the buy z30 at full price. I am kind of cautions after seeing lineups for q10 at selfridge and very little to show for over all sales.
    I think I see Lenny in that lineup.
    I wouldn't mind checking out a Z30. But, I'm quite happy with my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 09:48 AM
    Best Buy is practically the last man standing in brick & mortar consumer electronics. The ones that didn't make it were the likes of CompUSA, Circuit City, etc. Even during the down years, Best Buy still had 20% of the retail consumer electronics market.
    Isn't Best Buy switching to online only? Thought I read that somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 09:49 AM
    I said "dead" as a joke. These analysts are good for nothing.
    Even the analysts who post on CB?
    10-05-13 09:54 AM
    Speaking of Best Buy, if y'all remember, a year or two ago, how many articles there were that Best Buy was about to go out of business? They leaned down and weathered the storms, and by their stock price now, I'd say they haven't done bad.
    So in this analyst/media infested world who steer zombies to make their move, if one could navigate through this false show and tell, there are some good opportunities out there.
    How long before majority will stop trusting media? Cause i for one do not trust media, positive or negative, without thinking of their lying habits.
    10-05-13 09:59 AM
    If you go back to the 2009 range, there were numerous threads about Sprint getting ready to shut its doors, because they were laying off so many. Been a while since I saw those stories, too.
    10-05-13 10:00 AM
    Even the analysts who post on CB?
    Lol..
    So jaded.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and take99 like this.
    10-05-13 10:01 AM
    Isn't Best Buy switching to online only? Thought I read that somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    I know they were supposed to be 'considering' it.
    10-05-13 10:01 AM
    I bot at $13 and sold at 16, stupid me.

Everyone was talking about BBY dead at that time.

But to be honest, you can not compare BBY to BBRY, because bestbuy is the only big(and biggest) electronic chain store left in US, so it has values. If BBRY is the only big(and biggest) smartphone companies, then it would have values too.

In any business, if you are NO.1, then you have chance.
    10-05-13 10:02 AM
    So in this analyst/media infested world who steer zombies to make their move, if one could navigate through this false show and tell, there are some good opportunities out there.
    How long before majority will stop trusting media? Cause i for one do not trust media, positive or negative, without thinking of their lying habits.
    Join the growing throng of those who've become disgusted with the corruption of the media on many things. Reporting for the highest bidder can only go so far.
    sidhuk, morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    10-05-13 10:03 AM
    I bot at $13 and sold at 16, stupid me.

Everyone was talking about BBY dead at that time.

But to be honest, you can not compare BBY to BBRY, because bestbuy is the only big(and biggest) electronic chain store left in US, so it has values. If BBRY is the only big(and biggest) smartphone companies, then it would have values too.

In any business, if you are NO.1, then you have chance.
    Ahh, but I wasn't comparing the companies, merely the reported drumbeats as the natives grow restless.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-05-13 10:05 AM
    Lol..
    So jaded.

Posted via CB10
    LoL, just not gonna add to their cause by quoting them, put them on my ignore list long time ago and I am not sure if they can see that some where in their profile. Their motive is nothing but to disrupt this thread and insult it's supporters. On other threads, they are lot more vocal insulting blackberry supporters.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    10-05-13 10:08 AM
    It's interesting how the article doesn't mention Microsoft, Lenovo or IBM.

Now that the word is out, I wonder if we can expect more news by Monday

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-05-13 10:13 AM
    Join the growing throng of those who've become disgusted with the corruption of the media on many things. Reporting for the highest bidder can only go so far.
    They are like torrent readers and fortune tellers. People start believing them more when they themselves fail in life or feel in-competitive over all. Unfortunately, majority is follow the heard and it is numbers game, therefore works many times. Information is double edge sword.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-05-13 10:16 AM
    It's interesting how the article doesn't mention Microsoft, Lenovo or IBM.

Now that the word is out, I wonder if we can expect more news by Monday

Posted via CB10
    Right now BBRY is media's game. May be they will use remaining 3 names for next 5to7% gain or drop. However, any one of those names mentioned will benefit from blackberry purchase because this is the cheapest tech buy of all times IMO.
    10-05-13 10:21 AM
    Right now BBRY is media's game. May be they will use remaining 3 names for next 5to7% gain or drop. However, any one of those names mentioned will benefit from blackberry purchase because this is the cheapest tech buy of all times IMO.
    The same reporter, Nadia Damouni, came out with the news of how BlackBerry was considering going private back in August.

Hopefully her source is consistent when it comes to being reliable.

Concerning the share price, I'm sure PW is ready to step in if needed Interesting times..

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:29 AM
    Giggedi

http://www.twitter.com/NadiaSpeaks

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, cjmartin, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-05-13 10:35 AM
113,256 ... 20802081208220832084 ...