Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Z30 baby. ..

Posted via CB10
    Yeah man. And the leather flip shell is looking great.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:29 PM
    I bet you all that bbry is doing an android phone development.

Beer

Posted via CB10
    I suspect that they are making bb10 compatible with Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-04-13 07:31 PM
    10-04-13 07:33 PM
    Exclusive: Cisco, Google, SAP discussing BlackBerry bids - sources
    Exclusive: Cisco, Google, SAP discussing BlackBerry bids - sources | Business | Reuters
    Thanks Zimbad.

And in 5.... 4.... 3.... 2.... 1....
    10-04-13 07:35 PM
    If there is a thread which has as its topic "negative BlackBerry news" or, perhaps, "I hate BlackBerry and want to whine all day about it", then by all means anyone who forces themselves on that thread with constant posts about cheery and positive BlackBerry news (ignoring that it's often hard to come by), is probably both trolling and rude. They're definitely being off-topic, and likely are very, very annoying to the people who started the thread and want to participate in on-topic (i.e. "BlackBerry sux") types of discussion. Whether they're actually trolling depends on whether they're posting there with the intention of stirring up anger and trying to lead the thread off topic.

I strongly encourage those who are relentlessly posting only negative BB info in here to go and start such a thread, if you can't find an existing one. I promise that none of the regulars from this thread will be as intrusive, objectionable, rude, or trolling as the haters have been in this one.

If by chance rude people do post there frequently, you would be quite correct to call them trolls, and rude, and ask them to leave. I would hope for your sake that they would do so.

I'm amazed it takes a post like this to clarify this for anyone. This should be obvious, but apparently is something that does have to be explained as with basic concepts to a child.
    It has to be said that calling someone a troll is also a bit rude (even if they are a troll).
    10-04-13 07:46 PM
    Thanks Zimbad.

Ha ha ha. Love it!

Make the haters squeal like little piggies.

Wonder which ones on the tag teams are on duty tonight?
    10-04-13 07:58 PM
    Ha ha ha. Love it!

Make the haters squeal like little piggies.

Wonder which ones on the tag teams are on duty tonight?
    And this little piggie....went all the way to the beer fridge.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-04-13 08:00 PM
    Thanks Zimbad.

Yabut....but.....
    10-04-13 08:03 PM
    Hmm, isn't the article a little vague? Basically just listing every big player and saying the usual may or may not bid.

I hope it is true though.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:15 PM
    At least it's saying that they are expecting action/decision by early next week. Let's get 9.4bn!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:16 PM
    Hurray for leafs123 to be the first one to actually point out the obvious, and not so positive, aspect of that article.

See haters? You're truly not required in this thread to keep us all from blowing our life savings on a bad investment. Feel free to let people like leafs123 carry your burden from now on, and go have fun in that "I hate BlackBerry" thread I mentioned earlier. Cheers!
    10-04-13 08:48 PM
    No shortage of BlackBerry news tonight. Shareholder lawsuit.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...99400U20131005

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:55 PM
    Woo-Hoo, things are getting interesting!

Could Morgan's prediction of a big bid war come to fruition? Or my prediction of Google making a bid?

Each of the big players could pick up BlackBerry with the change between the lint in their back pocket, so it is a possibility.

Really want to find out if Apple and/or Samsung will have entered when this is over.
    10-04-13 09:22 PM
    Woo-Hoo, things are getting interesting!

Could Morgan's prediction of a big bid war come to fruition? Or my prediction of Google making a bid?

Each of the big players could pick up BlackBerry with the change between the lint in their back pocket, so it is a possibility.

Really want to find out if Apple and/or Samsung will have entered when this is over.
    A definite way of accelerating themselves into the enterprise space.
    10-04-13 09:56 PM
    Yeah, I really don't want to see Prem take this. It has scum-baggery written all over it.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-04-13 10:04 PM
    Last chance to get in smartphone business or expand D it

Posted via CB10
    michaelxyq likes this.
    10-04-13 10:11 PM
    What SP do you all think we see at the open on Monday?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 11:10 PM
    What SP do you all think we see at the open on Monday?

Posted via CB10
    Too many news items to guess... the potential alternative bidders are positive but the lawsuit is a negative on the SP.
    10-04-13 11:26 PM
    I'd BlackBerry sell off some parts, what part will they keep?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 11:41 PM
    This is what tomorrow brings for me. I soooo can't wait

BrainSTEM Festival Exhibits and Tours | Perimeter Institute
    10-04-13 11:53 PM
    I'd BlackBerry sell off some parts, what part will they keep?

Posted via CB10
    They could just keep the 'spark' sticker business for all I care, as long as in the end, two things happen:

1). Stock Price takes off.
    2). I get to keep using the best phones in the market today. BlackBerry, of course!
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-05-13 12:29 AM
    OK a bit of thinking. Things are starting to become a bit more clear.

Maybe Prem new that there would be interest in BlackBerry.

Maybe he really does want to take it private because it looks as though the other companies will kill it and take patents.

Maybe that is why he put in low ball offer. Start low so that he can raise his bid after all the other offers are in.

Discuss.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-05-13 01:18 AM
    Potential bidders could be eyeing the potential growth areas rather than the smartphone handset business, whereas that market is completely saturated. For example, with Apple's recent announcements of the iOS car platform, a potential buyer could simply want BBRY just for QNX + Network Infrastructure.

If I was a tech company or tech-oriented investment group, I would want to invest in a technology platform that would allow innovation and possible viral growth in areas that haven't seen much traction yet, and are poised to based on today's trends. Developing from scratch is doable, but acquisitions are so much easier if you have the funds and it will save you years in R&D. Ironically, a large portion of Microsoft's, Google's and Apple's highly successful technologies today have originally come through acquisitions, and then further improved on later on. I'm not going to get into specifics, but for those that have been following these companies since the turn of the century know what I'm talking about.

Playing catch up is always the most difficult path to take, and although doable, the chance of success is slim (Look at all the "me too" Android manufacturers, regardless of how good the handset is - think HTC One).

My opinion is that BBRY should have, probably from the get-go, invested significantly more money and time with its QNX M2M platforms (Not this concept stuff such as the QNX Car1 and Car2 we've seen every now and then as eye candy), rather than putting the majority of their eggs in one basket with BB10.

What frustrates me is that they have a significant portion of the M2M marketshare and haven't seemed to capitalize on it beyond what QNX already spent years building prior to RIM (Now BBRY) buying them out!

See here: (Whoever was the brains behind this commercial should get commended - it gave me chills - None of the other BB commercials ever did. A variation of this video should have been the Superbowl commercial.)

From what I understand, QNX licensing fees for M2M manufacturers are very very small, but hey, that's still better than free licensing of Android OS, right? They can always charge more as more and more advancements in technology are made, and people become more dependent on QNX for every technology used in their lives.

Just like with phones, everyone and their relatives has or is getting a car(s). IMO, most modern in-car tech and electronics are still very basic in nature similar to how a dumb phone with WAP are to a smartphone is with 3G/4G/LTE and all its apps and potential.

I give Google a lot of kudos for investing heavily in self-driving car technology, Google Glass, etc... I'm sure they know full well these could be a hit or miss, and although not a new ideas themselves per say, they're still taking quite a leap of faith.

I will continue to support BlackBerry, I love my Z10, and will mostly likely get the Z30 (Can't from Rogers unfortunately with whom I'm currently a client), but do strongly believe they need fresh leadership who is willing to think, invest and execute "outside the box". As used-up and lame as that expression sounds, I don't feel as if the current leadership group has really done so in years, and it's more likely that they have squandered opportunities for and/or mismanaged those employees that did.

Let's see what happens in the next two months, I'm hoping that a strong investor with lots of vision and technology ambition purchases them.

Probably longest CB post I've written yet
    10-05-13 01:59 AM
    Probably longest CB post I've written yet
    And quite possibly one of the best ones anyone's written in a long time. :-)
    10-05-13 08:39 AM
    They could just keep the 'spark' sticker business for all I care, as long as in the end, two things happen:

1). Stock Price takes off.
    2). I get to keep using the best phones in the market today. BlackBerry, of course!
    Yes, but I would love to have it continue to be the engine that drives technology and education in Waterloo.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Randeman, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-05-13 08:45 AM
113,256 ... 20792080208120822083 ...