View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If you go into a church and try to present your argument that god doesn't exist and that the priest is misleading them. People there would probably tell you to go to h3ll.
    In this situation, regardless who is right or wrong, who do you think is the rude one?
    I'll just politely point out that is a rather... telling analogue to draw given the criticism leveled at this thread in the past - so is this a sideways acknowledgement that Morgan is effectively your high Priest? I'm genuinely interested is that how you see the dynamic here? The faithful rallying around the tenements of faith (stock price to go up), the holy scriptures (TA charts) while the unbelievers (trolls, me, anyone else who is on the wrong side of the great schism and believes that there is no future in hardware) say that the faith is misguided (stock will go down), that the holy scriptures tell you want you to hear?
    tiziano27 likes this.
    10-04-13 12:20 PM
    Perfect analogy..!! If the trolls don't get this one, they don't even deserve to be paid. LOL
    So there are people here who feel that a BB isn't just a smartphone, it's a religion? Now that explains a lot.
    10-04-13 12:21 PM
    I'll just politely point out that is a rather... telling analogue to draw given the criticism leveled at this thread in the past - so is this a sideways acknowledgement that Morgan is effectively your high Priest? I'm genuinely interested is that how you see the dynamic here? The faithful rallying around the tenements of faith (stock price to go up), the holy scriptures (TA charts) while the unbelievers (trolls, me, anyone else who is on the wrong side of the great schism and believes that there is no future in hardware) say that the faith is misguided (stock will go down), that the holy scriptures tell you want you to hear?
    It's not an analogy, it is a metaphor. The subject is who is more rude. Lets deal with one issue at a time. You are projecting and jumping way out of bound.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 12:24 PM
    Loving it!!!
    If you go into a church and try to present your argument that god doesn't exist and that the priest is misleading them. People there would probably tell you to go to h3ll.
    In this situation, regardless who is right or wrong, who do you think is the rude one?
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-04-13 12:28 PM
    With the recent drop in pricing of the Z10 in the Phillipines. We can estimate the number of BB10 devices they have in stock.
    Interesting. Since the write down is about $250 per phone, this means the write down of $1 Billion, translate to about 4 Million BB10 phones worth of inventory.

Posted via CB10
    danprown likes this.
    10-04-13 12:38 PM
    It's not an analogy, it is a metaphor. The subject is who is more rude. Lets deal with one issue at a time. You are projecting and jumping way out of bound.

Posted via CB10
    Well I apologize to you then.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    cjcampbell likes this.
    10-04-13 12:52 PM
    With the recent drop in pricing of the Z10 in the Phillipines. We can estimate the number of BB10 devices they have in stock.
    Interesting. Since the write down is about $250 per phone, this means the write down of $1 Billion, translate to about 4 Million BB10 phones worth of inventory.

Posted via CB10
    Have we ever come close to working out q10 and q5 production numbers?

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    danprown likes this.
    10-04-13 01:03 PM
    Hey Morgan can you help me out with this question regarding HALO calls

Got a question about the options so i still have the $9 strike expiring oct 19 but since there is no volume for that one anymore it doesn't seem to be going up when the general stock is going up. So what do I do? do I have to exercise the call then sell it? and if I exercise would I need to put up more cash?
    Thanks!
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-04-13 01:05 PM
    10-04-13 01:10 PM

Got a question about the options so i still have the $9 strike expiring oct 19 but since there is no volume for that one anymore it doesn't seem to be going up when the general stock is going up. So what do I do? do I have to exercise the call then sell it? and if I exercise would I need to put up more cash?
    Thanks!
    You learned a good lesson about options, you need some volume to get out. I will let M+8 answer but I think it depends on what kind of account you have and what the terms are. If you have a small account at a regular brokerage, it's very likely you will have to come up with the cash in your account to exercise you options. They won't float you the money. Do not end up with no money by letting them expire but unable to be exercised. It's a sure bet, for now, substantially in the money. You contracts have good value about $180 per. That's something...
    As a worst case, if you have to have the jingle but don't have it, as you get closer you can try to offer the contracts for sale at a discount and at least pick up some of the premium. Somebody will take you up on them if they are priced right close to expiration.
    10-04-13 01:17 PM
    So if you disagree or post positive information in a thread that is based on negative BlackBerry news, you are rude and a troll now. Or does your analogy only apply to this thread? Sorry for off topic, please continue stock discussion.
    10-04-13 01:17 PM

Thanks!
    Those calls are moderately deep in the money but they will always carry a premium over cash up until 4:00 PM two Fridays from now. You just have to time the bid of the stock itself in order to avoid picking up the equity on expiry. If the bid is $ 11.00 and the offer is $ 11.02 you are in there on the transaction whether the option bid/ask tells you that or not. Are you taking up the stock? Depending on what your margin for HALO is, you will need to put a modest amount of cash in to take up the stock. Two weeks is plenty of time for this stock to go up another $ 1.50/shr from here. We should be moving up sometime next week according to the stock chart and the US government permitting the market itself to firm up here. If the stock were $ 12.00/shr, you likely wouldn't have to put anything up to exercise the options at that time.
    10-04-13 01:20 PM

Best show on TV.....Happy Friday Kids!
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    10-04-13 01:27 PM
    Those calls are moderately deep in the money but they will always carry a premium over cash up until 4:00 PM two Fridays from now. You just have to time the bid of the stock itself in order to avoid picking up the equity on expiry. If the bid is $ 11.00 and the offer is $ 11.02 you are in there on the transaction whether the option bid/ask tells you that or not. Are you taking up the stock? Depending on what your margin for HALO is, you will need to put a modest amount of cash in to take up the stock. Two weeks is plenty of time for this stock to go up another $ 1.50/shr from here. We should be moving up sometime next week according to the stock chart and the US government permitting the market itself to firm up here. If the stock were $ 12.00/shr, you likely wouldn't have to put anything up to exercise the options at that time.
    What if s/he doesn't have a margin account? Are margin accounts common for average traders in Canada? Just wondering. Thanks.
    10-04-13 01:28 PM
    Well, for a little excitement, or at least vicariously living through someone else's, this is a fun one to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=085A7Iv6xzA
    10-04-13 01:37 PM
    Sorry Morgan im not completely understanding it all. I currently have the sell order at $3.10 a contract it traded at this when we had that pop up to $12 but in regards to volume if no one is buying that particular call would my calls stay at its current price of $1.80? im just trying to understand what people usually do when your in the money and trying to sell but no one is buying that call anymore because its too high. The only way I can think of selling is to exercise my 60 contracts but that will cost me $54K

Much appreciated morgan!

Oh yeah im with TD Waterhouse and I do have a margin account

10-04-13 01:40 PM
    Well, for a little excitement, or at least vicariously living through someone else's, this is a fun one to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=085A7Iv6xzA
    Thats my idea of FUN....yeah baby!!!! Awesome!
    10-04-13 01:46 PM
    So if you disagree or post positive information in a thread that is based on negative BlackBerry news, you are rude and a troll now. Or does your analogy only apply to this thread? Sorry for off topic, please continue stock discussion.
    I think that you're misunderstanding the metaphor. It was in response to a question asking whether a person trolling or a person counter trolling is more rude. You mixing up rudeness and trolling, they are not the same thing in the context of my metaphor.

Opposing views are always welcome (whether you feel that or not).
    If you go into a church and join their bible study session to discuss the feasibility of creating the planet and all things on it within seven days by posting evidence opposing that view (eg. age of earth is billions of year old before human arrived, or dinosaurs roamed the earth surface 100 million years before human arrived; therefore, it can not be 7 days based on our definition of a day is one sun and one moon). You know, discussions that are genuine and with the intention of gaining more understanding or shedding light on areas that were previously unknown. If you do that, I believe that no one in that church would tell you to go to h3ll or consider you to be rude. In fact, I bet you get some people to switch sides. And more importantly, you will probably learn that the bible contains some really amazing pieces of history that were based on reality.
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    10-04-13 01:51 PM
    What if s/he doesn't have a margin account? Are margin accounts common for average traders in Canada? Just wondering. Thanks.
    I have never come across an option account that doesn't include margin. Margin is an integral part of the option trade. If someone has opened an option "Buying" account only, and they weren't required to setup margin with that account, perhaps they can tell us here. I setup 100's of option accounts and everyone of them required margin, we wrote Naked Puts as well as exercising Calls/Puts in every case. I also haven't heard of a brokerage that didn't convert your in-the-money options to cash for you if you didn't have enough margin to take up the stock. It's possible that some Firms are beating up their clients but I'm not aware of this. I only know of one case where the client was told to make sure he had an exit plan for his options the next time when he failed to sell them on closing, on the expiry date.
    10-04-13 01:51 PM
    Sorry Morgan im not completely understanding it all. I currently have the sell order at $3.10 a contract it traded at this when we had that pop up to $12 but in regards to volume if no one is buying that particular call would my calls stay at its current price of $1.80? im just trying to understand what people usually do when your in the money and trying to sell but no one is buying that call anymore because its too high. The only way I can think of selling is to exercise my 60 contracts but that will cost me $54K

Much appreciated morgan!

Oh yeah im with TD Waterhouse and I do have a margin account
    If you don't want to exercise the options and take the stock you need to move you ask down near the market price. Right now you are offering your contracts fro sale at almost 2x what they are worth. As with all things in the market, the choice is yours as to when and at what price. You may want to wait if you think the stock will go up, your options should go up, but time usually erodes the value of the option. You don't say what you bought them at, so only you will know the best way to go. I do feel if you lowered your ask later on, and closer to the actual spread between the contract and stock price you could easily get out, but w/o knowing your numbers and what you hope to make it's hard to say. Your account may do this automatically. You should check. Good Luck, sometimes managing a winning trade is harder than a loser! It's a nice problem to have.
    cjcampbell and Randeman like this.
    10-04-13 01:54 PM
    I have never come across an option account that doesn't include margin. Margin is an integral part of the option trade. If someone has opened an option "Buying" account only, and they weren't required to setup margin with that account, perhaps they can tell us here. I setup 100's of option accounts and everyone of them required margin, we wrote Naked Puts as well as exercising Calls/Puts in every case. I also haven't heard of a brokerage that didn't convert your in-the-money options to cash for you if you didn't have enough margin to take up the stock. It's possible that some Firms are beating up their clients but I'm not aware of this. I only know of one case where the client was told to make sure he had an exit plan for his options the next time when he failed to sell them on closing, on the expiry date.
    AFAIK, they do automatically exercise if they are in the money. That's what my account does. If you don't have the $$ to cover it, don't they unwind the trade? I think they will cash you out on the contracts, but with 60 contracts and perhaps a small profit, I wonder what the fees could be? Sorry I am not being clear typing from a bad spot....
    10-04-13 01:58 PM
    I have a Margin Cash account with Questrade so I can only play with the amount of cash I have allocated rather betting my entire farm away
    OMGitworks and cjcampbell like this.
    10-04-13 02:03 PM
    Yah im thinking it will have another small pop next week which I planned on selling either way the calls i bought were Oct 19, 9 Strike at $1.10 a contract. But what im reading from you and morgan is that if its already in the money TD would just sell it and convert it to cash? :/

I really appreciate the info guys this is actually my first option trade that im trying to close

If you don't want to exercise the options and take the stock you need to move you ask down near the market price. Right now you are offering your contracts fro sale at almost 2x what they are worth. As with all things in the market, the choice is yours as to when and at what price. You may want to wait if you think the stock will go up, your options should go up, but time usually erodes the value of the option. You don't say what you bought them at, so only you will know the best way to go. I do feel if you lowered your ask later on, and closer to the actual spread between the contract and stock price you could easily get out, but w/o knowing your numbers and what you hope to make it's hard to say. Your account may do this automatically. You should check. Good Luck, sometimes managing a winning trade is harder than a loser! It's a nice problem to have.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    10-04-13 02:03 PM
    Penny is the best.
    10-04-13 02:05 PM
    Yah im thinking it will have another small pop next week which I planned on selling either way the calls i bought were Oct 19, 9 Strike at $1.10 a contract. But what im reading from you and morgan is that if its already in the money TD would just sell it and convert it to cash? :/

I really appreciate the info guys this is actually my first option trade that im trying to close
    They should on expiration day, worth a call to confirm the rules of your account, but they will likely settle it up for you automatically. I get emails alerting me to what is about to happen. You may have to tell them whether you will exercise or not. If its in the money as it should be, just make sure they do what you want.

PS. I have 500 HALO at 9.15 or so so I am with you!
    10-04-13 02:07 PM
113,256 ... 20772078207920802081 ...