View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think politics is supposed to be off-topic here.
    Agreed. What if it effects stock market? LoL
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-03-13 09:40 AM
    Alright, is it time to average down now, or should I wait 10:30 ?
    Well thanks for nothing! Nobody cared to comment my crazyness, but at least I was on topic. BTW, my order is in, and no dip at 10:30, but everyone know that now!!
    10-03-13 09:44 AM
    Ffx submitted draft offer per globe n mail

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:55 AM
    http://www.berryreview.com/2013/10/0...BerryReview%29
    Seems like Some new XBBM for android beta testing.
    10-03-13 10:02 AM
    Do you honestly think the US will default. even then, what happens. Is China going to invade the US? We don't have to worry about our northern border, do we?

I hope it was clear from my post that I think our politicians are a bunch of fools and morons for letting this happen. But let's not confuse that with saying that we are "slaves." Certainly there are many, many social issues I would want to change as to health care, education and many others, but I think the US is still the envy of most of the world and has as much freedom as almost anywhere I can think off.

Just so you know Canada, France, UK and Spain all carry debt that is about 85% of GDP. Japan is near 215%. The US is 'only' about 74%. It's all relative.

List of countries by public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "We don't have to worry about our northern border, do we?" The Blackberry invasion has been defeated so the US is safe from the Canadians
    10-03-13 10:09 AM
    Bad day overall in the market huh everything of mine is hot hot hot, i mean red. I need to go mexico...
    10-03-13 10:36 AM
    *OT*

Hey Morgan - Any charts to show what's happening with HALO? I just read this:

Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. ( HALO ) has moved higher as of late, but there could definitely be trouble on the horizon for this company. That is because HALO is now in overbought territory with an RSI value of 73.9. Furthermore, estimates for the Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. have been coming down, pushing it to a Zacks Rank #4 (Sell). This suggests that investors may better off exiting this stock before it falls back to Earth.
    10-03-13 11:00 AM
    Apple is one of the most valuable companies in the US. Yet they pay nothing in taxes.
    Apple paid $14.7 Billion dollars in taxes last year. The only American companies that paid more were Exxon and Chevron.*

If you are going to try to understand the past performance of a company in an industry, and thus be able to make educated predictions about its future performance, it does no good whatsoever to make stuff up.

Did BBRY pay a higher rate of taxes on its revenue than AAPL? Perhaps this is a competitive disadvantage to being in Canada. Or perhaps BBRY's accountants were not being responsible stewards of the shareholders money.

Or maybe taxes, theirs or their competitors', are not a significant datum when trying to understand what happened to Blackberry.

*(To give some perspective on AAPL's tax bill, it works out almost perfectly to the cost of constructing a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier and its complement of airplanes and helicopters, and arming, fueling, manning, and operating the ship for one year. The ancient Athenians would call this a "trierarchy", the private funding of a national warship. This is apropos of nothing... just a calculation I did for a class on the ancient economy.)
    10-03-13 11:02 AM
    Rogers turns its back on newest Blackberry smartphone

The smartphone maker says Rogers Communications has decided not to stock the new BlackBerry Z30, a touch-screen model similar in size to a Samsung Galaxy 4, when it�s released on Oct. 15 at various Canadian retailers.

BlackBerry says the Z30 will be stocked by other Canadian carriers like Bell and Telus as well as retailers like Best Buy and Future Shop. Prices will be set by the various retailers.
    Rogers turns its back on newest Blackberry smartphone
    10-03-13 11:57 AM
    Apple paid $14.7 Billion dollars in taxes last year.

If you are going to try to understand the past performance of a company in an industry, and thus be able to make educated predictions about its future performance, it does no good whatsoever to make stuff up.
    The �double Irish� .... is a tax avoidance strategy by which corporations shift income from a country with a higher tax rate to one with a lower tax rate.

And it�s not just the EU that has been scrutinizing the tax affairs of these companies; the U.S. Senate is interested too. It�s not hard to see why when you consider that Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) avoided paying tax on approximately $44 billion of income thanks to the �double Irish�.

Ireland: Tax Haven For Apple Inc. (AAPL), Google Inc (GOOG)
    bungaboy, Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    10-03-13 12:02 PM
    OK. Apple paid $14.2 Billion in taxes. However, [QUOTE] Apple set up some Irish subsidiaries a mere four years after it was founded. Foreign sales, which account for 60% of Apple’s profits, are routed through these Irish subsidiaries and taxed nowhere.[ /QUOTE]

As a result Apple avoided paying another $44 Billion in taxes.
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-03-13 12:11 PM
    If President Obama is OK with it then who am I to complain?
    10-03-13 12:13 PM
    [QUOTE=bungaboy;9277064]OK. Apple paid $14.2 Billion in taxes. However,
    Apple set up some Irish subsidiaries a mere four years after it was founded. Foreign sales, which account for 60% of Apple�s profits, are routed through these Irish subsidiaries and taxed nowhere.[ /QUOTE]

Still, Ireland unemployment rate is in somewhere middle of 20 to 30%? Over 20 anyways. LoL
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-03-13 12:43 PM
    If President Obama is OK with it then who am I to complain?
    You really should. The way our society works is that we all contribute what we can (a percentage of our income) to keep the country functioning for all of us. This is a social contract that we have agreed to whether we like it or not. In order for this work fairly, we all need to keep our end of the deal. Now, if someone decides to contribute only 1/4 of what they are supposed to (as Apple alleged to have done, I don't if that's true) then we, you, and everyone in this country got screwed. Through this agreement that we call Taxes, we help to pay for the infrastructure (logistic infrastructures, education systems, etc) that Apple utilizes in order for them to succeed, but they are not keeping their end of the deal. So now tell me, should you complain?
    10-03-13 12:47 PM
    [QUOTE=sidhuk;9277219]
    OK. Apple paid $14.2 Billion in taxes. However,

Still, Ireland unemployment rate is in somewhere middle of 20 to 30%? Over 20 anyways. LoL
    I heard that Apple in Ireland is practically a shell company used to shelter and move money around. They don't hire a lot of people there. But I don't know about this, just what people been speculating.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-03-13 12:49 PM
    Oh, just leave those bottles... I'll clean them up after you're gone.
    [OT]
    I told you I was moving my office ... well, I'm actually make it bigger.
    And one new part is ... a (small but nice) cave I'll fill very soon with some exquise wines
    Gang ... now if you travel around Paris ... you know where your mandatory stop is !!!
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-08-13 at 04:04 AM.
    10-03-13 12:52 PM
    [OT]
    And one new part is ... a (small but nice) cave I'll fill very soon with some exquise wines
    Gang ... now if you travel around Paris ... you now where your man,datory stop is !!!
    Now, you tell me. I was just there 3 or 4 years ago. Never saw you then. Still had BlackBerry back then, too.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-03-13 01:07 PM
    [QUOTE=plasmid_boy;9277240]

I heard that Apple in Ireland is practically a shell company used to shelter and move money around. They don't hire a lot of people there. But I don't know about this, just what people been speculating.
    Very true. In a nutshell, APPL would pay taxes as would many other US multi-national companies when they bring the money back to the US (called repatriating). For several years now these companies have tried to negotiate the repatriation of these large amounts of cash/profits at a rate below the high US corporate tax rate of 35%. Heck most lawyers only take 33%. . Until they can negotiate these deals, the money will likely sit oversees as the 35% cost to bring it home to invest is simply too high. I do believe they are allowed to spend the money to buy foreign, say Canadian, assets without the tax bite....... I think this was one of the attractions to MSFT in their Nokia deal.
    10-03-13 01:27 PM
    This has been well-covered in the UK/Ireland over the last couple of years, there is a multitude of corps doing this - it's specifically an apple or MSFT thing.
    10-03-13 02:07 PM
    [OT]
    Gang ... now if you travel around Paris ... you now where your man,datory stop is !!!
    You get to put wine in your office???? You lucky.......
    I stash a bottle of Crown Royal in my office for occasional visits by colleagues that come to discuss their greatest ideas.
    Maybe it's the alcohol, but they usually walk out without taking their ideas with them.
    Next I go to France for a meeting, I will stay a few days extra.
    10-03-13 02:17 PM
    This has been well-covered in the UK/Ireland over the last couple of years, there is a multitude of corps doing this - it's specifically an apple or MSFT thing.
    nothing is special about.

It is all because Apple/MSFT had profits at least 5B-10B each quarter in the last several years, Apple sometimes even got like ~14B a quarter.

No other tech companies are even close to their number, google/IBM/intc and other big names had profit from 1-3B a quarter.
    10-03-13 02:17 PM
    nothing is special about.

It is all because Apple/MSFT had profits at least 5B-10B each quarter in the last several years, Apple sometimes even got like ~14B a quarter.

No other tech companies are even close to their number, google/IBM/intc and other big names had profit from 1-3B a quarter.
    There was a NOT missing from my post.
    10-03-13 02:20 PM
    about 10-15%, make sense.
    Probably some of those supply commitments were executed for production in Q2. So, $307 / $2292 is not accurate without knowing how much of $2292 was execute and how much was canceled.

Probably they will negotiate a way out with the suppliers. The negotiation would be easier if BlackBerry stays in the hardware business, but if suppliers expect BlackBerry will close the hardware unit, they have no incentives to help BlackBerry to stay in business and will try to get everything they can.
    10-03-13 02:21 PM
    Samsung chief Mobile Product officer leaves the company.
    How can this be blame on blackberry? Let's brain storm. 5...4...3...2..1..
    http://engt.co/15L7HA5
    Randeman, bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    10-03-13 02:27 PM
    "Blackberry patent portfolio is among the fourteen most valuable in the world, and Nokia is not on the list" BNN Video Player
    10-03-13 02:58 PM
113,250 ... 20732074207520762077 ...