View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well, have you ever read anything so stupid? It's like saying that you, Shanerredflag, will be bankrupt in 2015 because of the future choices you will make, choices we aren't familiar with yet, but changes that will wipe you out. You do know that buying up real estate in a city that has grown over the past 20 years is likely to have at least held it Book Value right? I mean, if they can tap some of those hard assets and fire more people they could last for 7 more years and still operate as dumb as they have been. The whole media thing is a joke now, giving a target on Monday of $ 9.00 and pulling it on Thursday because of something they saw in that report. I see $ 700 million in marketing that I don't think they will be repeating in the next quarter, with the funds they save there, they can "retire" 4.500 staff at no cost to cash. Then there is the warehouse full of handsets that will be running BB 10.2 this month, those are free and off the books now. They did sell enough BB 10's to cover the 300,000 phones they didn't sell in Q4/2012, the BB 10 phones they didn't sell in Q1, they actually sold more BB 10's in Q2 than they did in previous quarters, some people call that "growth". Heck, even their BB 07's grew in sales during Q2 versus Q1. These analysts are too stupid to be true.

Now we learn the Prem has submitted his "amended proposal" this morning. He is going to buy the company for $ 9.00 and the only thing Mike L can do to save his company and his 27 million shares is to arrange to buy it at a higher price. For some reason, he and Prem aren't working together and that reason is because Prem wants to finance the whole deal and walk away with 30% ownership of the new company. He feels he can finance the whole thing and not spend any of his own money because the assets and balance sheet speak for themselves! Mike L wouldn't want his shares to be diluted by Prem's 30% ownership so he has to come up with something to counter Prem. We are far from over on the bidding process here. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
    They spent $700m in marketing and they only sold 1.7m phones? How many phones can they sell without that marketing expenditure?

Services is the only business that is making money and is falling at a 12% rate per quarter.

If Mike Lazaridis joins the consortium with his shares his ownership increase in the same proportion than Watsa.
    Last edited by tiziano27; 10-03-13 at 08:46 AM. Reason: grammar
    10-03-13 08:37 AM
    Dreaming it, doesn't make it real.

Thor and others have talked a lot about the "future" and how the see technology evolving and what role they hope BlackBerry will accomplish. The problem is in they are never able to DELIVER! STORM, PlayBook, BB10, BBMx.... any of these should have been an opportunity to return BB to relevance, but they have failed over and over and over. And it isn't just one division of the company that is the main culprit, it's the whole ideology of the company from marketing, hardware specifications, software implementation, app development, public relations..... What's it been three years now that we saw some previews from TAT on what the new BB platform would look like? Those "demos" blew us all away and had us so HYPED about the new platform... then we got the PlayBook and we wondered what happened. But we figured it was only another six or eight months until the release of the devices (and what we now call BB10) so that was fine. The six months later they announced a delay, then another delay.... And we still don't have anything that comes close to those "demos".
    It took Apple 5 years to bring OSX to the market.

But hey... not like that matters now that Apple owns the world and the sheeple can't remember a time before the latest and greatest offering from Apple was making them nauseous with zooming animations and Easter bunny vomit colors.

Apple is one of the most valuable companies in the US. Yet they pay nothing in taxes.

And then Americans wonder why their government has run out of money...
    10-03-13 08:42 AM
    the amount committed to pay suppliers had fallen steeply, to $2.9-billion from $5.2-billion in the previous quarter,

This is really a good news for a potential buyers.
    Reduce 2.3B obligation in one quarter while not hurting their book too much
    Fairfax submits draft BlackBerry offer as spectre of rival bid looms - The Globe and Mail
    The Z10 Inventory Charge included a write-down of inventory of approximately $627 million and supply
    commitments of approximately $307 million.
    It seems the cost to get rid of those supply commitments was $307m.
    10-03-13 08:43 AM
    It took Apple 5 years to bring OSX to the market.

But hey... not like that matters now that Apple owns the world and the sheeple can't remember a time before the latest and greatest offering from Apple was making them nauseous with zooming animations and Easter bunny vomit colors.

Apple is one of the most valuable companies in the US. Yet they pay nothing in taxes.

And then Americans wonder why their government has run out of money...
    Just for the record, we haven't run out of money, just that our ***** politicians in Washington can't get their act together. We will fight over the debt ceiling and borrowing even more money next month...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-03-13 08:49 AM
    Alright, is it time to average down now, or should I wait 10:30 ?
    Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    10-03-13 08:50 AM
    It seems the cost to get rid of those supply commitments was $307m.
    about 10-15%, make sense.
    10-03-13 08:53 AM
    I I still don't get why the SP is trading down while PW seems to march forward and others MAY be interested, it really perplexes me. I would have expected it to get close to 9. Usually the arbs would balance it out, esp if PW confirms that $9 is going to fly.... Any help here M+8 or others?
    10-03-13 08:54 AM
    That WOULD be interesting. The different viewpoints deserve equal exposure. Unfortunately, I think nobody really knows what will happen. We are 1 announcement away from going to 15 or 6 or anywhere else for that matter. It's a total crapshoot. I do think if BBRY can't get a deal done, they will be gone within 2-3 years. Sorry to be pessimistic, but they haven't really done a single thing right in years and no sign they actually get it now. Since the PB with no native e-mail (DUH!!!), which I own, it has been misstep after misstep. The Super Bowl Ad, AK, no Netflix or Instagram, right up thru the recent xBBM launch, they just can't seem to get it right. I am afraid the consumer and many businesses have just written BBRY off and won't invest anymore in their products. Just MHO and it DOESN'T mean you can't make money with BBRY at this point, I just think any upside and future for BBRY has to come from a buyout. GLTA.
    So, are you saying the most advanced, built from scratch in 2 years, OS (BB10) to date is NFG?
    10-03-13 08:57 AM
    Just for the record, we haven't run out of money, just that our ***** politicians in Washington can't get their act together. We will fight over the debt ceiling and borrowing even more money next month...
    So... being trillions of dollars in debt and being unable to raise the debt ceiling isn't running out of money?

The republicans would sooner run the entire nation's economy into the ground rather than allow those 45 million Americans access to affordable health care.

How else would you be able to make money off of the chemo and radiation and therapy after their crappy processed food stuffed with preservatives gave them cancer?

Land of the free my a$$.

More like "Land of the TV and the home of the slaves."

Also, if your government can't raise their debt ceiling in 2 weeks, your nation will be in default.
    silversun10 and sidhuk like this.
    10-03-13 08:57 AM
    Good Morning Gang,
    Sorry about last night's emotional/social shooting. Lol.

In other views: US government looks like another Blackberry Story. Chicken with no head.
    I wonder what price Farragu will put on us government for 2015?
    10-03-13 09:04 AM
    I I still don't get why the SP is trading down while PW seems to march forward and others MAY be interested, it really perplexes me. I would have expected it to get close to 9. Usually the arbs would balance it out, esp if PW confirms that $9 is going to fly.... Any help here M+8 or others?
    1. market down
    2. no detail about the draft(who is interested, is $9 price firm?)
    10-03-13 09:07 AM
    So... being trillions of dollars in debt and being unable to raise the debt ceiling isn't running out of money?

The republicans would sooner run the entire nation's economy into the ground rather than allow those 45 million Americans access to affordable health care.

How else would you be able to make money off of the chemo and radiation and therapy after their crappy processed food stuffed with preservatives gave them cancer?

Land of the free my a$$.

Also, if your government can't raise their debt ceiling in 2 weeks, your nation will be in default.
    OK, I am a proud Canadian, but after living here in the US for 10 years I have to say that this is a great country. Met many amazing people, truly geniuses and global thinkers. There are bad apples too (no pun intended), but the country has been wrongly bashed often.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:08 AM
    The Chinese and the currency printers are having a group hug as we speak. LoL

And you say BlackBerry can't do anything right, right?
    10-03-13 09:10 AM
    OK, I am a proud Canadian, but after living here in the US for 10 years I have to say that this is a great country. Met many amazing people, truly geniuses and global thinkers. There are bad apples too (no pun intended), but the country has been wrongly bashed often.

Posted via CB10
    Agree with you. However Good people dont speak out that often. LOl
    10-03-13 09:11 AM
    So, are you saying the most advanced, built from scratch in 2 years, OS (BB10) to date is NFG?
    I think it is OK, I use it a 100+x everyday on my Z10 and it works fine. I am just not sure what makes it the most advanced, it seems to me like it simply caught up as an OS to what is out there, and that the devices are also OK, but not the most advanced. I don't think its extraordinary or offers anything more compelling than what you can get on the iPhone or higher end Android devices. BBRY just lost 9M potential users in one weekend of an arguably nothing special iPhone. Not sure how many xBBM peopel they lost by not beating iOS7 out to market an dthen the debacle that was the launch. For me, and it is just MHO, BB10 is solid and good, but not a game changer that I think others will switch over. So far, that seems to be the public's reaction. The price points, at least prior to the write down, aren't particularly compelling. Security concerns, at least in the public eye, these days is more about what the NSA and others are doing to intercept communications and much less about the device.

I like my Z10 and want BBRY to do well, I just don't see what propels them forward and is special enough to really get back in the game. BBRY execution has been dreadful for 2 years now. I certainly could be (and actually) hope I am wrong, but from where I sit right now, BBRY's future doesn't look great to me. Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, just my honest opinion.
    10-03-13 09:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. But, how do you explain the bunch of buffoons elected to office and supposedly "running" the Country?
    plasmid_boy and sidhuk like this.
    10-03-13 09:16 AM
    I think politics is supposed to be off-topic here.
    10-03-13 09:19 AM

Land of the free my a$$.

Do you honestly think the US will default. even then, what happens. Is China going to invade the US? We don't have to worry about our northern border, do we?

I hope it was clear from my post that I think our politicians are a bunch of fools and morons for letting this happen. But let's not confuse that with saying that we are "slaves." Certainly there are many, many social issues I would want to change as to health care, education and many others, but I think the US is still the envy of most of the world and has as much freedom as almost anywhere I can think off.

Just so you know Canada, France, UK and Spain all carry debt that is about 85% of GDP. Japan is near 215%. The US is 'only' about 74%. It's all relative.

List of countries by public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    raysgrumpy and danprown like this.
    10-03-13 09:22 AM
    I think it is OK, I use it a 100+x everyday on my Z10 and it works fine. I am just not sure what makes it the most advanced, it seems to me like it simply caught up as an OS to what is out there, and that the devices are also OK, but not the most advanced. I don't think its extraordinary or offers anything more compelling than what you can get on the iPhone or higher end Android devices. BBRY just lost 9M potential users in one weekend of an arguably nothing special iPhone. Not sure how many xBBM peopel they lost by not beating iOS7 out to market an dthen the debacle that was the launch. For me, and it is just MHO, BB10 is solid and good, but not a game changer that I think others will switch over. So far, that seems to be the public's reaction. The price points, at least prior to the write down, aren't particularly compelling. Security concerns, at least in the public eye, these days is more about what the NSA and others are doing to intercept communications and much less about the device.

I like my Z10 and want BBRY to do well, I just don't see what propels them forward and is special enough to really get back in the game. BBRY execution has been dreadful for 2 years now. I certainly could be (and actually) hope I am wrong, but from where I sit right now, BBRY's future doesn't look great to me. Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, just my honest opinion.
    I agree with most of what you said but BB10 is the best most advanced OS today.

BBRY will never be in the league of Apple or Samsung.

But, they can be successful small niche player. If they get their **** together.

In less that 2 weeks we get the Z30. May not be a game changer, but it ain't gonna hurt IMO. (I might even camp out over night to be sure to get mine on release day. )
    Agree with you. However Good people dont speak out that often. LOl
    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
    -Edmund Burke
    plasmid_boy, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-government_debt_gdp.jpg

How about some perspective?
    10-03-13 09:25 AM
    Oh, I thought we were discussing the lack of discretionary cash for buying Z10s and Q10s. LoL

Sorry.
    10-03-13 09:27 AM
    That's a hearty 'affirmative'.
    10-03-13 09:28 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Government_debt_gdp.jpg 
Views:	1002 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	207358

How about some perspective?
    Got it, we like maroon. It's all in the number fudging... Moving on as per the generous Mod, BK....
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-03-13 09:30 AM
    It's a reflection of longterm debt, not a day by day. Japan is still dealing with a leaky nuclear reactor, they're hemorrhaging cash like a cow that's been hung upside down and had it's throat cut to make it kosher.

And politics may be off-topic, but the political landscape does affect the share price. Anyone who doesn't think this is true really needs to re-evaluate their perspective as they're being quite naive.
    10-03-13 09:38 AM
113,256 ... 20722073207420752076 ...