View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Looks like strong support at $7.50. I think this will trend back toward $7.50 until there is more concrete news or another rumour. Too hard to time this so guess I will just hold those risky calls until this plays out...
    That can easily happen, I like the idea of Cerberus buying the company because that explains why the stock is trading down below the $ 8.80/shr mark. They are driving it down to buy loose or weak shares. Cool that they had to stop the rally in its tracks too! Let's see if they dare to drive it down to $ 7.50/shr again. That must have cost them plenty if they are really working it now.
    bungaboy, W Hoa, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    10-02-13 01:12 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-redgreen.jpg

Oh look at that. Charlie Farquharson (Don Harron) in the middle. What a laugh he was. He was a gem.
    morganplus8, W Hoa, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    10-02-13 01:19 PM
    Maybe BBRY is finally learning and wants to support the current SP at these levels.

Release the MD&A, expect a decline in the SP, then counter with leak to WSJ that other interests are emerging...
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Randeman like this.
    10-02-13 01:31 PM
    I wonder if bbry would have the similar spike when and if XBBM released?
    I doubt it. BBM doesn't matter to Wall St, it just isn't going to move the needle much at this point. Certainly not before the end of the year. Looks like the "good news" that Cerebus might be interested has been absorbed. The Street still has BBRY pegged at around $8. Better than it was, but still pathetic and still not even at PW's $9.
    10-02-13 01:37 PM
    These guys are clueless and most likely a fake they sent out so many wrong tweets

yeah red again. LoL may be not. red green red green green green
    and there are these guys. not sure if they know anything?
    Attachment 207171
    sidhuk, Randeman and fedakd like this.
    10-02-13 01:40 PM
    What does it mean?

Fairfax has until this week to deliver an initial draft of a merger agreement with BlackBerry. If it misses that deadline, its due diligence period, scheduled to last until Nov. 4, would be truncated.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 01:48 PM
    What does it mean?

Fairfax has until this week to deliver an initial draft of a merger agreement with BlackBerry. If it misses that deadline, its due diligence period, scheduled to last until Nov. 4, would be truncated.

Posted via CB10
    don't know, but if you listen to Prem this should not be an obstacle
    10-02-13 02:11 PM
    yeah red again. LoL may be not. red green red green green green
    and there are these guys. not sure if they know anything?
    Attachment 207171
    You know what tp stands for right? Flush it as these guys are proven bozos
    10-02-13 02:21 PM
    You know what tp stands for right? Flush it as these guys are proven bozos
    Is this real? So, accurate $9.93. How about $19.93?
    Randeman, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    10-02-13 02:51 PM
    Is this real? So, accurate $9.93. How about $19.93?
    They had it as samsung last week at 13.36 or something like that. This guy likes to yank peoples chains thats it.
    fedakd likes this.
    10-02-13 03:15 PM
    OT: The stock I was watching yesterday went up 100% today... Highest volume on TSX... If only I bought ha.

It could go down 50% in no time though...

Stock Market Quotes | Stock Market Quotes and Symbols
    10-02-13 03:28 PM
    OT: The stock I was watching yesterday went up 100% today... Highest volume on TSX... If only I bought ha.

It could go down 50% in no time though...

Stock Market Quotes | Stock Market Quotes and Symbols
    Haha.. At one point, it was up 200%. 10's of millions in the bid/ask column too. Also, if you're thinking of playing it, they are delisting from the TSX on Friday. Just a heads up.
    10-02-13 03:35 PM
    I'm more confident that there is interest in BlackBerry.

I'm just worried that this company is locked down by Prem already.

After going through the management notes I still didn't get answers to my questions. It seems as though it didn't reveal any thing new.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 04:02 PM
    Looks like strong support at $7.50.
    I don't get it. The SP was in free fall until word got out that Cerberus was looking at the books. "Support" at $7.50 would mean that the SP was the trigger and word got out instantly. Isn't it more likely that the timing of the info made the SP jump and not the price? The SP didn't bounce off the $7.50 level. It hadn't found a bottom yet.

Say, are you guys making this stuff up?
    10-02-13 05:04 PM
    I see, what do they mean by this bit then?

The number of BlackBerry handheld devices recognized decreased by approximately 3.7 million, or 50.0%, to approximately 3.7 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2014, compared to approximately 7.4 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2013. Most of the devices recognized in the second quarter of fiscal 2014 were BlackBerry 7 devices, in part because the Company deferred revenues related to BlackBerry 10 smartphones shipped in the second quarter of fiscal 2014 as they did not meet the revenue recognition criteria that the price be fixed or determinable. See �Critical Accounting Estimates - Revenue Recognition�.

Do they mean some of the phones sold through to customers have not been recognized? So what is that, Returns maybe?
    I think those phones are on ebay now.
    Just kidding. I suspect they went to resellers and carriers for nearly free and resellers/carriers are trying to figure out what price they can get for them. Hence price isn't determinable, but phones are unlikely to come back as this market will clear at some price.
    10-02-13 05:14 PM
    biggest bear just upped price target and earning estimates.
    Citigroup‘s Jim Suva this evening raised his rating on shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) to Neutral from Sell, and raised his price target to $9, writing that even though he’s not convinced the buyout offer of $9 a share that Fairfax Financial Holding is trying to put together will work, nevertheless his main worry, about erosion of its smartphone platform, has played out.

“Our Long term thesis of market share losses amidst BYOD threat has largely played out,” he writes, “as the stock is now down -75%, -18% and -32% in 2011, 2012 & 2013, (vs the market up flat, +13% & +19%) respectively. We”

On the other hand, “We note the due diligence process could provide additional information on such items as patents and potential monetization opportunities of these patents, details around service contracts with carriers.”

After reviewing the details of the quarterly filing made on Monday, and making minor “tweaks” to his financial model, Suva cut his net loss estimate for this fiscal year ending in February to 91 cents from 93 cents, and cut his loss estimate for next year to 70 cents form 79 cents.
    Last edited by kadakn01; 10-02-13 at 05:58 PM.
    10-02-13 05:18 PM
    I don't get it. The SP was in free fall until word got out that Cerberus was looking at the books. "Support" at $7.50 would mean that the SP was the trigger and word got out instantly. Isn't it more likely that the timing of the info made the SP jump and not the price? The SP didn't bounce off the $7.50 level. It hadn't found a bottom yet.

Actually the price was falling until it landed at around 7.50. It didn't bounce from there on news. It levelled off there and stayed there for about 40 minutes then started to rise. It wasn't until about 15 minutes after it started to rise that the news released, hence the idea that 7.50 acted as support.
    jxnb, morganplus8, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    10-02-13 05:27 PM

I wanted free fall so i could buy calls

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 05:35 PM
    HI gang. Miss you,but no choice.
    Read almost everything, looks like we're going to have some action (as scheduled ?).
    Aretha has not sing yet ...

Hopefully will have some free time on Friday .
    Cheers
    SF
    10-02-13 06:38 PM
    There's no battle here it's going higher, you need to ask yourself when will the stock get halted again for a new offer to buy it, that's what matters here.
    M8, When do you think it will happen ? I mean can PW offer be accepted before Nov 4th or after 4th ? Does BB need to wait until Nov 4th and see who else is out there with interest ?
    10-02-13 06:47 PM
    biggest bear just upped price target and earning estimates.
    Citigroup‘s Jim Suva this evening raised his rating on shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) to Neutral from Sell, and raised his price target to $9, writing that even though he’s not convinced the buyout offer of $9 a share that Fairfax Financial Holding is trying to put together will work, nevertheless his main worry, about erosion of its smartphone platform, has played out.

“Our Long term thesis of market share losses amidst BYOD threat has largely played out,” he writes, “as the stock is now down -75%, -18% and -32% in 2011, 2012 & 2013, (vs the market up flat, +13% & +19%) respectively. We”

On the other hand, “We note the due diligence process could provide additional information on such items as patents and potential monetization opportunities of these patents, details around service contracts with carriers.”

After reviewing the details of the quarterly filing made on Monday, and making minor “tweaks” to his financial model, Suva cut his net loss estimate for this fiscal year ending in February to 91 cents from 93 cents, and cut his loss estimate for next year to 70 cents form 79 cents.
    He has been right all the time. Anyone(except some bb fans) should see this is coming for bbry since 2010. blackberry just does not have the talents/skills/experience to develop an complicated OS like Apple/MSFT/GOOG do. The smartest people in the world come to US, then bay area first, as always in the last 20 years.
    10-02-13 06:48 PM
    This Cerberus announcement surprised me. This private equity firm is a Bain Capital type outfit. Although this firm has invested in pharma, government services, retail, real estate, financial services, automotive & transport services, it has no experience in the technology sector. Similar to Fairfax here. It has produced some duds for its investors, primarily Teleglobe and Chrysler.

Out of the two (Cerberus and Fairfax), I would put more faith in Watsa keeping the company whole. Cerberus will carve up BlackBerry for financial gain without a doubt.

It all depends which devil BlackBerry wants to dance with, unfortunately small and long-term investors will be euchred.

From what I read, the other interested party is Mike Lazaridis. We all know Mike L. has his failings. But if he can find other investors, especially a strategic investor then longs can rejoice
    rarsen, jxnb, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    10-02-13 07:11 PM
    Some random thoughts :

The problem of BlackBerry is that it is very greedy and lack of business sense.

Look at Amazon, which hasn't made any money at all for the past several years and yet enjoys 150 Billion market cap.

BB10 is a great young platform. However, management should have realized that in order to gain traction, it should price BB10 products aggressively.

I love my Z10 and truly believe it is the best. I have used iPhone 4 and 4s before. To me, those iPhones cannot compete from technology point of view.

Okay let me share something positive for BB10:

The important number for BB10 is the sell through number rather than revenue It generates.

Q4: 0.7M
    Q1: 1.4M
    Q2: 1.7M

The sell through number improves quarter over quarter even not that dramatically.

If BB10 can fall into strong hands, it will have great future.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:11 PM
    How can you run a smartphone platform that needs more than a year to reach the number of phones that Apple sold on launch weekend? I'm sure everyone here is tired of the comparison but it's ridiculous to think that a platform can catch up with these kinds of sales while trying to maintain a worldwide presence. You need to have enough volume to spread the R&D costs over in order to keep up with the competition.
    10-02-13 08:17 PM
    This Cerberus announcement surprised me. This private equity firm is a Bain Capital type outfit. Although this firm has invested in pharma, government services, retail, real estate, financial services, automotive & transport services, it has no experience in the technology sector. Similar to Fairfax here. It has produced some duds for its investors, primarily Teleglobe and Chrysler.

Out of the two (Cerberus and Fairfax), I would put more faith in Watsa keeping the company whole. Cerberus will carve up BlackBerry for financial gain without a doubt.

It all depends which devil BlackBerry wants to dance with, unfortunately small and long-term investors will be euchred.

From what I read, the other interested party is Mike Lazaridis. We all know Mike L. has his failings. But if he can find other investors, especially a strategic investor then longs can rejoice
    This is an honest question to the bears..

If we assume Cerberus is truly looking at doing DD on bbry then is it true than bbry must worth more than $9 per share? I base my statement that if it was worth only say $9.50 or less after fees then the hedge fund would not be "sniffing"around.
    10-02-13 08:30 PM
113,256 ... 20702071207220732074 ...