View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Dow Jones: BlackBerry receives interest from Cerberus, other firms ? 12:58 PM

BlackBerry (BBRY +1.1%) shares have spiked higher on the report, recouping the losses seen in response to its 6-K disclosures.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 12:01 PM
    Looks like there is a real battle to keep this at 8
    There's no battle here it's going higher, you need to ask yourself when will the stock get halted again for a new offer to buy it, that's what matters here.
    10-02-13 12:01 PM
    Whoa! Away we go!
    Dont you mean W Hoa
    10-02-13 12:02 PM
    what an example of "Fine line between a genius and or an *****". this stock is controlled 75%% by the media.
    10-02-13 12:04 PM
    what an example of "Fine line between a genius and or an *****". this stock is controlled 75%% by the media.
    Possible that Prem has found funding
    10-02-13 12:06 PM
    You've got nerves of steal or inside info my friend. Keep the JD close.
    take99, Randeman, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    10-02-13 12:08 PM
    No worries, that was me...LOL J/K
    10-02-13 12:09 PM
    10-02-13 12:12 PM
    Possible that Prem has found funding
    This news probably came from 'a person familiar with the matter'.
    10-02-13 12:14 PM
    A little suspicious that Sidhuk places a buy order and we spike. - Check out JackDaniels.whatever too - it's probably up, as well.
    10-02-13 12:14 PM
    You've got nerves of steal or inside info my friend. Keep the JD close.
    LoL, too honest to be an insider and balls lost elasticity long time ago. JD always comes through.
    W Hoa, Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    10-02-13 12:16 PM
    Cerberus is another private investment firm. All we need is some confirmation and let this ride to $9 before someone steps in with another bid.
    10-02-13 12:16 PM
    A little suspicious that Sidhuk places a buy order and we spike. - Check out JackDaniels.whatever too - it's probably up, as well.
    Sorry, couldn't buy. Some dear friend called and I was on the phone. Noticed the spike from Jlagons spiked graph.
    10-02-13 12:20 PM
    From Seeking Alpha:
    More on BlackBerry/Cerberus

The WSJ reports Cerberus, which specializes in distressed investments, is looking to sign a confidentiality agreement with BlackBerry (BBRY +1.3%) that would give it access to the company's books, but hasn't decided whether to pursue a bid.
    The paper adds "at least one other distressed-investing firm has also been sniffing around BlackBerry," but also says the firm's identity and current interest level are unknown.
    10-02-13 12:23 PM
    I wonder if bbry would have the similar spike when and if XBBM released?
    10-02-13 12:26 PM
    Interesting how short interest jumps above 50% on the day of the additional filing.
    Bad timing.
    10-02-13 12:27 PM
    There's no battle here it's going higher, you need to ask yourself when will the stock get halted again for a new offer to buy it, that's what matters here.
    It's pretty much a non news event. So a PE firm wants to look at the books. Other firms have already signed NDAs to look at the books a few weeks ago. And it spikes the SP?

I like the spike, sure. But this makes zero sense.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    10-02-13 12:29 PM
    Cerberus is another private investment firm. All we need is some confirmation and let this ride to $9 before someone steps in with another bid.
    FF just has a LOI now, would be surprised if anybody would put in a competing bid before FF makes an official bid.
    Though now is a good time for potential competing bids to do their DD.
    Will get interesting after the first official bid is in.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    10-02-13 12:30 PM
    I can see the media spin on this in the next couple of days...........
    Something like.......

Cerberus no longer interested in BlackBerry after going over financials.....

The media will find a way to bash everything Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 12:38 PM
    something is up again
    If this a news report that Cerberus might be interested to cover up insider info of something more concrete being worked on / another bid?
    danprown likes this.
    10-02-13 12:41 PM
    This news probably came from 'a person familiar with the matter'.
    I was wrong...."The Wall Street Journal, citing people familiar with the matter"

Also, it looks like strategic alternatives are still an option.

"We do not intend to disclose further developments with the respect to the process until we approve a specific transaction or otherwise conclude the review of strategic alternatives," a BlackBerry spokesman said.
    10-02-13 12:43 PM
    It's pretty much a non news event. So a PE firm wants to look at the books. Other firms have already signed NDAs to look at the books a few weeks ago. And it spikes the SP?

I like the spike, sure. But this makes zero sense.
    You are referring to a rumour here, nothing factual, what is factual is that the volume doubled, the stock is now positive and above it's 3-ema and looking strong. So all we have to go on is hearsay and a stock that is $ 1/2 buck higher. If this were the Wall Street Enquirer would it make any difference? Let's see how it plays out here.

It would be amazing if we got another offer within the next two weeks but the market likes to hear that Mikey is doing his own deal and others are looking at it too.
    sidhuk, Randeman, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-02-13 12:50 PM
    yeah red again. LoL may be not. red green red green green green
    and there are these guys. not sure if they know anything?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tp.jpg
    morganplus8, Randeman and rarsen like this.
    10-02-13 12:52 PM
    yeah red again. LoL may be not. red green red green green green
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-redgreen.jpg  
    10-02-13 12:58 PM
    You are referring to a rumour here, nothing factual, what is factual is that the volume doubled, the stock is now positive and above it's 3-ema and looking strong. So all we have to go on is hearsay and a stock that is $ 1/2 buck higher. If this were the Wall Street Enquirer would it make any difference? Let's see how it plays out here.

It would be amazing if we got another offer within the next two weeks but the market likes to hear that Mikey is doing his own deal and others are looking at it too.
    Looks like strong support at $7.50. I think this will trend back toward $7.50 until there is more concrete news or another rumour. Too hard to time this so guess I will just hold those risky calls until this plays out...
    morganplus8, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-02-13 01:02 PM
113,256 ... 20692070207120722073 ...