1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Posted it to give you a laugh! Nevermind

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 05:26 AM
    OK this is getting weird. Never heard of the lightly braised turnip, they reliable?

Wtf is going on, Alicia Keys of all people.
    It's like the Onion, a popular satire site. Turnip, onion.
    BergerKing and pkcable like this.
    10-02-13 05:34 AM
    Everyone would agree this quarter was disastrous. I see Q3 being just as ugly. With the uncertainty of takeover / strategic alternatives, BlackBerry sales will be torpedoed for at least Sept & Oct (2/3 of Q3). BB management are trying to stabilize the business. Do not be surprised if there are more layoffs on top of 4500 next year.

I see Fairfax consortium deal getting done. Watsa has seen these numbers before all of us. But Fairfax will have to use BlackBerry's cash to pay back the temporary bridge loan to complete the deal. Basically, Peter taking from Paul. BOD and shareholders are at their mercy now. Also their dire situation will scare off American private equity offers as Palm debacle is still fresh in their minds.

agree with this guy.

I am really wondering they put the 1B loss to just take down the stock price for others coming to bid.

With the 4500 layoffs, they can easily be profitable once the company goes to private.
    10-02-13 05:40 AM
    OK never heard of it before. I really thought the world was coming to an end haha

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 05:52 AM
    Everyone would agree this quarter was disastrous. I see Q3 being just as ugly. With the uncertainty of takeover / strategic alternatives, BlackBerry sales will be torpedoed for at least Sept & Oct (2/3 of Q3). BB management are trying to stabilize the business. Do not be surprised if there are more layoffs on top of 4500 next year.

I see Fairfax consortium deal getting done. Watsa has seen these numbers before all of us. But Fairfax will have to use BlackBerry's cash to pay back the temporary bridge loan to complete the deal. Basically, Peter taking from Paul. BOD and shareholders are at their mercy now. Also their dire situation will scare off American private equity offers as Palm debacle is still fresh in their minds.
    Once you get into this sort of this sort of decline it gets hard to work out what will happen next as the decline could start to snowball as more and more companies start to think that BBRY is a deadman walking and either hold off on purchases or migrate away entirely - guesswork from this stage from everyone.
    10-02-13 05:52 AM
    LOL, don't you have to go shine Ballmer's shoes before he goes to work this morning?

As for investing & accounting, I have a graduate degree in business administration. What do you have?? I am semi-retired and live comfortably. I'll let you go back to your WP blog as you analyse why Surface 2 tablet has failed to produce sales once again for MSFT.

deleted post -pk
    Last edited by pkcable; 10-02-13 at 10:42 AM.
    10-02-13 06:13 AM
    deleted post -pk
    Thanks for that. I thought it was just me, that I was too slow to catch on to what this arcane accounting magic was implying. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one, in fact no one else on Crackberry understands what is going on.

That is why Q3 could be a block buster of a quarter and no one talks about it!

I personally don't think there is a single person on this site including Chris who understand the charges from Q2. If you understood the data from Q2 you would be hopping mad at BlackBerry for covering up a pretty good quarter.
    Last edited by pkcable; 10-02-13 at 10:43 AM.
    chr1sny likes this.
    10-02-13 06:15 AM
    How the hell could we forget AK?
    http://www.lightlybraisedturnip.com/...buy-blackberry

Posted via CB10
    And we thought our Creative Director wasn't really creative...who knew? Go Alicia!
    10-02-13 06:16 AM
    Maybe Miley Cyrus will join the bid and twerk it higher.
    10-02-13 06:23 AM
    [QUOTE=the_sleuth;9271060]LOL, don't you have to go shine Ballmer's shoes before he goes to work this morning?

As for investing & accounting, I have a graduate degree in business administration. What do you have?? I am semi-retired and live comfortably. I'll let you go back to your WP blog as you analyse why Surface 2 tablet has failed to produce sales once again for MSFT.

deleted post -pk
    His dig wasn't a dig at you, he was actually agreeing with you.
    Last edited by pkcable; 10-02-13 at 10:44 AM.
    10-02-13 06:23 AM
    It's there in MD&A, BB10 devices are not selling in Q2. Also through BB management evaluation of revenue recognition, they took a more conservative approach on BB10 devices.

I am sure with heavy discounting the phones will sell but as for profits? We shall see.

Thanks for that. I thought it was just me, that I was too slow to catch on to what this arcane accounting magic was implying. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one, in fact no one else on Crackberry understands what is going on.
    10-02-13 06:24 AM
    If this is true, then my bad. Sorry Gesig Boek.

His dig wasn't a dig at you, he was actually agreeing with you.[/QUOTE]
    10-02-13 06:26 AM
    Looks like they're planning to reduce their real estate holdings if they can.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...vice=mobile#!/

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 06:32 AM
    I would imagine they don't need the same office space after the downsizing, may as well sell or rent.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and kfh227 like this.
    10-02-13 07:32 AM
    Looks like they're planning to reduce their real estate holdings if they can.

BlackBerry weighs real-estate sale - The Globe and Mail

Posted via CB10
    There was an article last week - can't remember the paper but it notes there are massive amounts of empty space in BBRY, so this is sensible.
    peter9477 likes this.
    10-02-13 07:50 AM
    LOL...the 400 mil additional write down is worst case (I believe) they may not need to go that far...however, wish they would detail the options going forward with reduced staff, would be nice to know what areas are seeing the cuts.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-02-13 07:55 AM
    LOL...the 400 mil additional write down is worst case (I believe) they may not need to go that far...
    I believe what they said that they may need to go further. From the WSJ: Those charges could increase as the company looks to cut even more costs this year and next, it acknowledged in the filing.
    10-02-13 08:11 AM
    Interesting how short interest jumps above 50% on the day of the additional filing.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chart.png
    10-02-13 09:15 AM
    p. 10

"During the second quarter of fiscal 2014, approximately 5.9 million BlackBerry smartphones were sold through to end customers, which included shipments made prior to the second quarter of fiscal 2014 and which reduced the Company�s inventory in channel. Of the devices that sold through to end customers in the second quarter of fiscal 2014, approximately 4.2 million were BlackBerry 7 devices."

Where are people getting 1.7? I see 3.7 total with MOST being bb7 devices, wouldn't be shocked if most is 70-80%

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_995 using CB Forums mobile app
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-02-13 09:25 AM
    In the word of Rodney King......

Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-02-13 09:40 AM
    Good buying opportunities today!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-02-13 09:40 AM
    Seriously, that what I am debating right now. Has any one gone through the latest reporting? Any thoughts? Feels like i should buy here.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    10-02-13 09:44 AM
    Just wait, it will get MUCH better!
    10-02-13 09:44 AM
    Just wait, it will get MUCH better!
    what is that good for?
    10-02-13 09:54 AM
    Seems they are taunting Prem into coming back with a lower bid.

I looked at the puts and unless the stock crashes below $6 it is hard to see the risk/return value. Even if the bid falls through I see the stock bottoming at $6. Too many other players would have to come knocking with a $7 bid pretty quickly.

I hope Prem holds his integrity and takes the bridge loan to make this happen at $9. Or puts more Fairfax coin into the bid.

Prem should finalize the bid ASAP to get this negativity out of the media - nobody will buy phones until it is bought and Prem states blackberry will continue running, and selling phones, just as a smaller company. Time to come back with a firm bid with financing within the next week.
    anon(4086547) and bungaboy like this.
    10-02-13 09:57 AM
113,256 ... 20672068206920702071 ...