Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Someone remind me what is the deadline?
    10-01-13 04:05 PM
    Just read this a while ago. Unfortunately I've been way too busy with work and wasn't keeping up with the status of BBRY and have lost a substantial amount of money. Does this article seem credible? http://m.cnet.com/news/blackberry-to-go-private-at-$9-per-share-not-so-fast/57605428

Posted via CB10 from my Q10
    10-01-13 04:08 PM
    Knowing the Times, (or rather, the owners), they published the app just so they could pull it.
    Yeah the Times is a right wing rag, good riddance I say.
    10-01-13 04:12 PM
    How do they honestly expect 9 dollars to go through??
    They have 22 market days left to try and drag the share price down. If the share price hits $7 or less then $9 looks fairly attractive.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    10-01-13 04:15 PM
    They have 22 market days left to try and drag the share price down. If the share price hits $7 or less then $9 looks fairly attractive.
    Prepare for some BBM/network blackouts, etc. and the media coverage that follows.
    W Hoa, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    10-01-13 04:48 PM
    It all depends on the price BBRY traded around Nov. 4, say if it is traded at $7 on Nov.3, why they have to honor their offer, they can just offer $8 a share and force BOD to sign the agreement and get 50cents break fee by then.

It all depends on if there is another bid or not and share price around Nov.4.
    FF has till Nov 4 to come up with a firm bid. Doubt there will be anybody placing a competing bid before FF has made it official.
    So, Nov 4 will be the beginning of any auction and not the end.
    And since FF has the benefit of a break fee there is No way they will drop their bid to $8 or whatever and risk losing out on their break fee.
    By Nov 4 FF will come out with a firm bid and then BB and the share holders will get another 6 weeks or so to approve the deal.
    And at the end of this time period you should expect competing bids if any.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-01-13 04:58 PM
    For me, the proof is in the pudding - if the Z30 is now the flagship device and BBRY are truely committed to handsets in general and consumers in particularly - why has it launched in the UK with a marketing budget of fifty pence?

Beyond getting less than 30 journos in a small room for a sausage roll last week, I cannot find any evidence that are undertaking... well anything to promote or advertise the device.

Which is how the Palm Pre 3 was pushed out into the cold to die.
    The same reason why the Nexus 4 was released with a 50 pence ad budget.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 05:01 PM
    They need 90% of the votes to take it private ?
    more likely they will need about two thirds of the vote and 90% of the shares
    10-01-13 05:04 PM
    Teams are working or sleeping around the clock? LoLThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bvaospwcmai6hbm.jpg
    10-01-13 05:08 PM
    10-01-13 05:37 PM
    more likely they will need about two thirds of the vote and 90% of the shares
    Well... with each share having one vote your split is impossible.
    10-01-13 05:45 PM
    Wow...really starting to wonder what they doing too?

Posted via CB10i
    10-01-13 05:46 PM
    I would like to know too. This is getting ridiculous.
    10-01-13 06:01 PM
    The media is slaughtering them..

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    10-01-13 06:02 PM
    If anything it would be bbry buying air watch, not the other way around.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 06:11 PM
    'AirWatch provides a mobile security platform that is similar to BlackBerry's coveted enterprise security technology for business partners that works on both Android and iPhone phones, as well as various operating systems like Windows.
    Dabbiere said he has tried to open negotiations with BlackBerry on various business ventures for nearly two years, and been rebuffed at every turn.'

What could AirWatch offer BlackBerry?? I don't see it.

'Dabbiere is concerned BlackBerry's eroding share price will devalue the assets of the company even further.
    "It is a melting ice cube that has now been thrown into boiling water," he said.'

So the AirWatch CEO is concerned about us, the shareholders... ahem.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 06:14 PM
    Well... with each share having one vote your split is impossible.
    well that is how it usually goes, first you have a vote for say 2/3's a majority of the votes and then to force a minority to surrender they need to buy up something like 90% of the shares.
    if they needed 90% majority of the votes first it would be harder. the reason it is not the same is the shares continue to get traded after the vote.

edit: and not all share holders vote. so votes is not the same as shares
    10-01-13 06:25 PM
    I thought the break up fee is only if they get out bid? If I am correct, FF can't get the shares and the break up fee. If the shares are below $9 it is very unlikely they don't get the vote to go their way. PW and institutions control 35% of the shares and many small holders won't or can't vote their shares. It can happen, but very rarely do these type of deals get voted down. It also doesn't look like a bidding war is in the works. It could be but not even a leak yet and with the BBM and Z30 "launches" sabotaging BBRY it seems unlikely.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-01-13 06:27 PM
    Would appreciate if you give me one!
    Oh yeah!! I just have to show my lovely wife the chart on that one and I'll be getting lucky tonight! LOL I bought her a large block of the stock 3 weeks ago and she is doing fine. I also bought IMG/IAG US today and we have a monster block of HALO right now. We sold our shares in ACAD and have moved on. When you are ready I'll give you another one!
    10-01-13 06:27 PM
    Looks like BB will lose half their service revenue in the next few months/

NEW YORK—As companies end their IT support for BlackBerry devices, Windows Phone 8 has a chance to conquer the mobile enterprise market. During an Interop event session in New York, Philip Clarke, research analyst at Nemertes Research, said that 29.4% of companies have already ended BlackBerry (BB) support, another 11.8% have plans to do so in 2013 and 29.4% are evaluating to end-of-life (EOL), making a total of 70.6% of enterprises that will end BB support at some point.
    Windows Phone emerges as BlackBerry alternative for enterprise market | Mobile Technology | Wireless Broadband | Wireless Carriers | RCR U.S. Wireless NewsMobile Technology | Wireless Broadband | Wireless Carriers | RCR U.S. Wireless News
    10-01-13 06:35 PM
    Lol...says one guy.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 06:43 PM
    Eventually it will, but the percentage is not as the article says so. Many of the contracts were signed at least for 2 years or more.

So You can see in 2 years BB would lose more than half of their service revenue.

Right now the service revenue is dropping about 6-7% per quarter, in one year it is like dropping ~25%, two years would be ~50% if the trend continues.

In this rate, BBRY still can pull 5B+ revenue in the next 3 years. That really worth something considering the service revenue has a margin of 80% easily.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-01-13 06:44 PM
    FF has till Nov 4 to come up with a firm bid. Doubt there will be anybody placing a competing bid before FF has made it official.
    So, Nov 4 will be the beginning of any auction and not the end.
    And since FF has the benefit of a break fee there is No way they will drop their bid to $8 or whatever and risk losing out on their break fee.
    By Nov 4 FF will come out with a firm bid and then BB and the share holders will get another 6 weeks or so to approve the deal.
    And at the end of this time period you should expect competing bids if any.
    what are yo talking about? Nov. 4 is pretty much the deadline.

If nobody else bid at No.4, why would they bid it after Nov.4?

1. Fairfax has the Nov.4 deadline to make a affirmative offer and once the BOD accepts it, the breakup fee would be 50cents a share.

Why would somebody rather make a bid and pay 50cents later than 30 cents a share to bid for BBRY now?

Oh , please do not tell me 6 weeks from now is not enough for anyone to make a decision?
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-01-13 06:48 PM
    There aren't enough words to say thanks for sharing those gems with us! I have definitely seen a boost to my portfolio because of it.

ps - excited to hear what this one you're keeping from us is...
    personally, I do not know of a better stock mind than Morgan, and if I wasn't doubled over with my bedsheets in my crack every night with this dang BlackBerry stock, I would also be hitting him up for some advice.
    10-01-13 07:09 PM
    Just read this a while ago. Unfortunately I've been way too busy with work and wasn't keeping up with the status of BBRY and have lost a substantial amount of money. Does this article seem credible? http://m.cnet.com/news/blackberry-to-go-private-at-$9-per-share-not-so-fast/57605428
    It seems about as credible as a bunch of people in a web forum, blowing smoke and talking about how X will definitely happen and Y could never happen, on the basis of next to no factual information and very little experience.

Which is to say, it's not any more credible than anyone posting in this thread...

It's beyond me why anyone would think these analysts are doing anything different than what we are. In fact, that article sounds like it was written by skimming a few posts from this very thread.
    10-01-13 07:11 PM
113,256 ... 20642065206620672068 ...