View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You can install Android on the Touchpad, that helped a lot. Maybe BlackBerry should leak drivers to support Android on the z10.
    I had a firesale touchpad - I paid what it was worth - there was a design flaw in that the majority would crack around the casing near the speakers over time. I got a warrenty replacement and then sold it on to a sucker... sorry fan.
    10-01-13 11:18 AM
    10-01-13 11:22 AM
    An IT guy giving you training on a mobile is atypical these days. in the same way users don't get given training on work PCs, you expected to simply pick up and use them. I'm sure a few companies are still doing it but they would be not be normal.
    Thanks for the reply CGK, but the differentiator here is that the IT guys don't know the bb10 functioning themselves.

Sad, but too common.
    10-01-13 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the reply CGK, but the differentiator here is that the IT guys don't know the bb10 functioning themselves.

Sad, but too common.

Why would they? It's not really what most IT departments do now - a mobile phone is a commodity device that they provide and forget about.
    10-01-13 11:26 AM
    You believe people will go to bbry website to buy phones?

except those die-hard fans, nobody would even bother to visit bbry's website.
    I will. That is how I got my Z10 back in January. It was off the Telus website; same principal.
    10-01-13 11:40 AM
    Fin it is the die hard fans they ate appealing to, not the mass consumer market.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:43 AM
    I just found this open letter to BBRY management and directors. I think, it addressed all questions that we want answered by BBRY: Elementary Economics: An open letter to BBRY management and directors

I sent it to [email protected] as well. I suggest that you do the same to draw their attention.
    Randeman, abouthsu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    10-01-13 11:44 AM
    Ok the Ghost Of Trolls Past is exorcized again.

[TIP]Please don't feed the trolls...

USE THAT REPORT BUTTON![/TIP]

Please don't quote obvious troll posts, just report 'em.
    Thanks y'all.
    10-01-13 11:44 AM
    BlackBerry's death is greatly exaggerated. BB is probably irrelevant in U.S. market but $349 will mean 268 EUR in Europe or � 218 in UK . It might not sell well in U.S. but around the world, there is a market for Z10 at the right price point.

Also by Xmas, Amazon will probably be clearing Z10 at $99 unlocked. Like HP TouchPad, it will sell!
    Yeah, at that price, folks may buy one just out of curiosity; which will still drive the market and SP (if it exists).
    10-01-13 11:45 AM
    DOWN in the US but Up on the tsx ...
    Things get touchy in here and the tone of a question is often hard to glean, but honest question.

Why doesn't Watsa pick up more shares on the cheep down here if he is confident that the deal will go through at $9 ?
    It's not only an honest question, but a good one.

Remember that Fairfax already averaged down a year ago, basically doubling their holdings at a price well below where it is now. I think it was very near the bottom... am I misremembering that he hit $6.30? If I'm wrong, then I'm pretty sure it was around $7. That means the current price doesn't necessarily look that attractive in terms of affecting his average price, which would be one reason to do it.

Another thing to note is that according to the offer, they're not planning to use any more Fairfax money for this anyway. They weren't going to increase the Fairfax holdings beyond the 10%, but rather bring in a combination of partners and debt...

I don't claim to have fully parsed the details, but in short I think Fairfax was apparently never planning to buy more at $9, and it isn't enough lower than that to change the plan.
    BlackBerry's death is greatly exaggerated. BB is probably irrelevant in U.S. market but $349 will mean 268 EUR in Europe or � 218 in UK . It might not sell well in U.S. but around the world, there is a market for Z10 at the right price point.

Also by Xmas, Amazon will probably be clearing Z10 at $99 unlocked. Like HP TouchPad, it will sell!
    Unfortunately I think 349 is about 200 too much in the consumer market. Corporate could be different.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:57 AM
    It's not only an honest question, but a good one.

Remember that Fairfax already averaged down a year ago, basically doubling their holdings at a price well below where it is now. I think it was very near the bottom... am I misremembering that he hit $6.30? If I'm wrong, then I'm pretty sure it was around $7. That means the current price doesn't necessarily look that attractive in terms of affecting his average price, which would be one reason to do it.

Another thing to note is that according to the offer, they're not planning to use any more Fairfax money for this anyway. They weren't going to increase the Fairfax holdings beyond the 10%, but rather bring in a combination of partners and debt...

I don't claim to have fully parsed the details, but in short I think Fairfax was apparently never planning to buy more at $9, and it isn't enough lower than that to change the plan.
    My thoughts exactly. Plus, I believe that FF has buffered some pocket change to sweeten the offer to say, 10 in case there is substantial 'no-votes', if this goes ahead. This is all reflective of where FF currently is averaged at. I too believe that they are low. At least WAY lower than the $17 that some are still suggesting.
    morganplus8 and peter9477 like this.
    10-01-13 11:58 AM
    My thoughts exactly. Plus, I believe that FF has buffered some pocket change to sweeten the offer to say, 10 in case there is substantial 'no-votes', if this goes ahead. This is all reflective of where FF currently is averaged at. I too believe that they are low. At least WAY lower than the $17 that some are still suggesting.
    well im in at 13 sooo i hope there is a way i can get out close to that
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-01-13 12:12 PM
    Things get touchy in here and the tone of a question is often hard to glean, but honest question.

Why doesn't Watsa pick up more shares on the cheep down here if he is confident that the deal will go through at $9 ?
    Mainly because Fairfax is not putting any more money into BBRY. PW is trying to convince others to finance the deal, not FF. This is the main reason, IMHO that the SP is 8 and not 9 right now, people don't necessarily believe the deal will fly at $9. Given that the SP is $8 it is a bit hard to argue with them right now, if you want to put new money into BBRY why not buy it at 8 now?

Last official reports had him holding 9.9% at average SP of $17. FF is going to take a bath one way or the other, this is loss mitigation right now with hopes of salvaging something down the line.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-01-13 12:18 PM
    I had a firesale touchpad - I paid what it was worth - there was a design flaw in that the majority would crack around the casing near the speakers over time. I got a warrenty replacement and then sold it on to a sucker... sorry fan.
    There are still some Touchpad fans:

Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16 GB 9.7-Inch Tablet Computer: Computers & Accessories

Maybe in 3 years more crackberry.com will be a ghost town, but searching in amazon you could still find the Z10. And in the review section, some 5 star reviews saying: "Even though development stopped years ago, BB10 is still the best OS hands down ... and BBRY was a $100 stock, but the short sellers and the trolls ...", and you will smile.
    10-01-13 12:46 PM
    Just Ordered a sim free Black Z30 from BlackBerry� Z30 Sim Free
    can$720 delivered to Canada including 3-5 days shipping.
    10-01-13 12:51 PM
    If you express-ship them a bottle of your JD, you might receive same-day shipping.
    10-01-13 01:12 PM
    I am thinking of getting one for the battery. Not sure either that on the Q. Decisions!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 01:18 PM
    No, the Z10 will not sell at those price points in Europe or the UK if they are selling for 350 USD in the United States.

The reason for this is that Europe has a very hefty VAT tax that does not exist in the US. Prices for electronics are generally 1 USD = 1 Euro. Using currency exchange rates is a very elementary mistake.

So base the success of the Z10 off selling for 350 Euro unlocked.
    10-01-13 01:25 PM
    May worth a trip to London for me: I have a young Australian (my daughter correspondant, you dirty mind !) to take care and around.
    Plus some Eurostar tickets may be as low as €10 ...
    Is the Z30 in shops right now or only online in UK ?
    morganplus8 and Randeman like this.
    10-01-13 01:28 PM
    Ok, out! Straight to the cowbell, my friends !
    CU2morrow
    SF
    10-01-13 01:29 PM
    Just bought the Z10 and I hope I will be happy about. It's kind of exotic in Germany
    It is intersting that everytime SP hits the lows somebody buys in ~ 300k
    10-01-13 01:33 PM
    May worth a trip to London for me: I have a young Australian (my daughter correspondant, you dirty mind !) to take care and around.
    Plus some Eurostar tickets may be as low as �10 ...
    I am not sure about in the stores. I just followed the link on CB and ordered online Paid using PayPal They didn't charge any VAT tax.
    10-01-13 01:35 PM
    Plus some Eurostar tickets may be as low as €10 ...
    Carphone Warehouse should have them but you need to find a store with physical stock (and if they have physical stock, it's going to be in london) or go straight to Selfridges and get it there off-contract?

I can make a few phone-calls tomorrow if you like?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-01-13 01:41 PM
113,256 ... 20622063206420652066 ...